*Puts tinfoil hat on, and starts scribbling crazy stuff on a whiteboard*

Thrall is arguably the most iconic hero character from the Warcraft III and Vanilla WoW era. Who better to symbolise WoW's 20th anniversary and return to the basics?

If we go by the trilogy of trilogies theory then the next expansion is meant to be the conclusion to the Void trilogy (Cataclysm -> Dragonflight -> 11.0). Hour of Twilight stuff.

What are we likely to see more of if the Primal Incarnates "win"? Elemental stuff.

Who's rather absent from Dragonflight, but was a major character in Cataclysm? Thrall.

What does Thrall tend to do? Heal Azeroth.

What does Alex do in the launch cinematic? Heal Azeroth (using her dragonflame).

What will the Dragon Aspects become after Dragonflight is over? Probably empowered again, like they used to.

What is the primary function and task given to the Aspects by the Titans? Protect Azeroth, and most of all protect it from the Hour of Twilight.

What have we seen hints of lately, for example Queen Azshara, N'Zoth and Xal'atath, and Sarkareth? Void and Old Gods.

Who collaborated to defeat the Old Gods' minions (mainly Deathwing) and stave off the Hour of Twilight in Cata? Thrall and the Dragon Aspects.

Who just returned to Blizzard? Metzen.

BOOM. Confirmed.

At BlizzCon, Metzen gets up on stage to introduce:

World of Warcraft: AZEROTH

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Probably - still fun little speculation, since he's the only character related to wow there, a gnome is for the mobile game.
    He was there because of Heroes of Storm, not WoW. For WoW, we had Bolvar representing Shadowlands launch and Illidan representing Hearthstone.

That's the magic behind Blizzcon's key art, understanding who is who and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    *Puts tinfoil hat on, and starts scribbling crazy stuff on a whiteboard*

Thrall is arguably the most iconic hero character from the Warcraft III and Vanilla WoW era. Who better to symbolise WoW's 20th anniversary and return to the basics?

If we go by the trilogy of trilogies theory then the next expansion is meant to be the conclusion to the Void trilogy (Cataclysm -> Dragonflight -> 11.0). Hour of Twilight stuff.

What are we likely to see more of if the Primal Incarnates "win"? Elemental stuff.

Who's rather absent from Dragonflight, but was a major character in Cataclysm? Thrall.

What does Thrall tend to do? Heal Azeroth.

What does Alex do in the launch cinematic? Heal Azeroth (using her dragonflame).

What will the Dragon Aspects become after Dragonflight is over? Probably empowered again, like they used to.

What is the primary function and task given to the Aspects by the Titans? Protect Azeroth, and most of all protect it from the Hour of Twilight.

What have we seen hints of lately, for example Queen Azshara, N'Zoth and Xal'atath, and Sarkareth? Void and Old Gods.

Who collaborated to defeat the Old Gods' minions (mainly Deathwing) and stave off the Hour of Twilight in Cata? Thrall and the Dragon Aspects.

Who just returned to Blizzard? Metzen.

BOOM. Confirmed.

At BlizzCon, Metzen gets up on stage to introduce:

World of Warcraft: AZEROTH
    I’m leaning toward a revamp/healing/back to basics/vanilla 2.0 styled expansion too; with the Lightbound trailing behind in second.

For now I feel like South Seas and Avaloren can be ruled out.

Of course I’m almost certainly putting too much stock in this Thrall art, but speculation is fun and so far this is the most tangible bit of evidence to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Omg a gnome tinkers confirmed?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?
    LMAO, but I'm 100% that character is from Warcraft mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    He was there because of Heroes of Storm, not WoW. For WoW, we had Bolvar representing Shadowlands launch and Illidan representing Hearthstone.

That's the magic behind Blizzcon's key art, understanding who is who and why.
    I have to be honest, I completely forgot about Heroes of the Storm.

Anyways, little cinematic trailer up for the next patch. Nothing earth shattering, just Nozdormu vaguetalking pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    BOOM. Confirmed.
    Please, don't hype me this much so early. I may not survive the disappointment, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I have to be honest, I completely forgot about Heroes of the Storm.

Anyways, little cinematic trailer up for the next patch. Nothing earth shattering, just Nozdormu vaguetalking pretty much.
    I wonder if Blizzard will make Nozdormu the next Deathwing, with a whole expansion focused on him.

I wonder what location the part is with the dead trees right before you see Murozond?
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post

I wonder if Blizzard will make Nozdormu the next Deathwing, with a whole expansion focused on him.
    I don't think yet, at least, it sounds like things are handled for the most part after the dungeon and patch's events. Leaving it available as a plot hook sorta thing.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I wonder what location the part is with the dead trees right before you see Murozond?
    I can't verify that well as I'm not at home and can't play but they kinda look like the dead trees you can see in some areas of the End Time dungeon.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2023-06-29 at 07:48 PM.

Yeah I believe it’s the Ruby Shrine?

the devs said that in patch 10.1.5 we will be done with the infinite dragonflight. I guess murozond is not going to happen and we actually save nozdormu. This makes me sad tbh. Murozond in one of the few things in wow that NEEDS to happen

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post

"The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow."

"Look around... They will all betray you... Flee screaming into the black forest..."

"There is a little lamb lost in dark woods..."

"The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream... It would be merciful to tear them down..."

- Yogg-Saron

10+ Year Old Account
    It is in the End of time yes
    https://imgur.com/a/DDkhdNz

Taken from the Azure Dragonshrine
    Last edited by Valysar; 2023-06-29 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    the devs said that in patch 10.1.5 we will be done with the infinite dragonflight. I guess murozond is not going to happen and we actually save nozdormu. This makes me sad tbh. Murozond in one of the few things in wow that NEEDS to happen
    It'll be done for Dragonflight. No idea what it means for the future.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, considerably worse. BfA and SL were done poorly, but they didn't come out of nowhere. Your ideas are poor and out of nowhere.
    Nope
    Sargeras was "the champion of light" before he ended up twisted
    From what we know it's due to a constant cosmic forces influence that he changed similar to what he planned on doing to the other Titans
    We also know that the environment matters and that reorigination is a thing

That can explain the cleansing part

Illidan is a demon hunter who btw has the ability to consume magic
    Magic also influences beings who use it
    He gonna be in the essential seat of order draining and whacking a God and you see nothing coming from that??

The future that was seen was him fighting demons with the power of the light and considering the Legion still exists and demons are still a threat especially now the dreadlords don't really have the master to keep them on a leash

But no you're right I'm just pulling everything out of my ass and it's not like blizz is so obvious in their writing that me and others could predict what they are gonna...oh wait I forgot I got the entire last patch of BfA and some of 8.2's later story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I think you guys are looking a bit too hard at the image, really. Deathwing was on the image for Blizzconline 2020, for example.
    2020 was the year Shadowlands was released, so you wouldn't get expansion hints from that one. However, if you look at the key art in the last few years, it does hint at what the next expansion is going to be thematically. For example, before Shadowlands announced, this was the key art for BlizzCon '19;

And obviously Sylvanas played a big role in that expansion.

Here's the key art from '17;

And obviously Jaina was a big part of that expansion via Kul'tiras.

Here's the key art from BlizzCon '15;

That did come out after Legion was already announced though, because the new expansion was announced at Gamescon instead of BlizzCon that year.

That said, yeah Thrall being in the key art for this one could definitely be indicative of what's to come in 11.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Returning to the roots with a world revamp and Thrall as a Horde main character!
    My thoughts exactly, THE WR DREAM LIVES ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    My thoughts exactly, THE WR DREAM LIVES ON!
    If Blizzcon key art might be any indication of what's to come next to WoW, then yeah, Thrall aligns perfectly with everything that potentially points to World Revamp.
    I repeat it constantly, but I really have a strong feeling that Blizzard is testing the ground of "back to the roots" vibes - especially with the new-old talent trees, down-to-earth zones aesthetics and story being of a lesser scope (in contrary to cosmic threats).

I'd love the World Revamp, but above that, I just dream a beatiful dream in which Chris Mentzen, after all these years, is the guy to announce a new expansion. My brain would explode, my heart would melt, no matter what's announced

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    If Blizzcon key art might be any indication of what's to come next to WoW, then yeah, Thrall aligns perfectly with everything that potentially points to World Revamp.
    I repeat it constantly, but I really have a strong feeling that Blizzard is testing the ground of "back to the roots" vibes - especially with the new-old talent trees, down-to-earth zones aesthetics and story being of a lesser scope (in contrary to cosmic threats).

I'd love the World Revamp, but above that, I just dream a beatiful dream in which Chris Mentzen, after all these years, is the guy to announce a new expansion. My brain would explode, my heart would melt, no matter what's announced
    No way they're going to miss the opportunity of having Metzen announcing the next expansion if he's around T-T that would be brilliant

As an Alliance main, I never thought I would be so hyped after seeing Thrall in the keyart.

Metzen hyping up the crowd at Blizzcon is literally the best thing they can do. Not even announcing a new expansion can surpass that.