Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Infinite plotline is resolved by turning Nozdormu into Murozond. After that we know where, when and how he dies because we have already done it.
    Not if we help our past selves kill him in a mini raid perhaps, that could be a twist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It doesn't resolve because he's an ageless time traveler so there's an infinite amount of space for events between those two points. Knowing when he turns and having killed him means nothing.
    And also this, we do not know what will happen untill we get to his death, its not like he turns and goes straight to his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    11.0 will certainly be something about other side of Azeroth. It's initial theme will be about pirates, sea, maybe nagas, exploration of new lands, probably some hidden titanic stuff, and it will eventually lead to some Void stuff, which will be a gateway to 12.0

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    I don't mean it as a genuine comparison, but I appreciate the irony of having an expansion ostensibly inspired by MoP experiencing the same backlash as it did at the time and some players now desiring a "return to form" expansion, with a lot of talk about orcs being front and center. Time is a flat circle and all that.
    DF is MoP 2.0 and will share MoP's fate. Currently there is no hate towards it, but there is not big excitement either. In the future it will be presented as one of best expansions, cause it checks literally all boxes for good WoW.

And it will be this way even if devs somehow fuck up 2024 patch schedule (which ironically would be another "feature" taken from MoP) - everyone remember only first months of expansion. SL had really good 2nd year, no one remember or care about it cause we had to play 9.0 for 8 months and 9.1 was more of the same.

No wonder people talk about WoW 2.0 so often now. They just urge for classic Warcraft vibes from WoD or BfA.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Jesus Christ and I thought we can finally have one rep truly account wide with Loam Niffen. Turns out, when you hit 20, you can buy Barter Boulders for resources on alts, but every single reward is still in Barter Bricks until you grind Renown 12 on every.single.alt.

It's getting really frustrating, especially when account wide reps were one of selling points of this expac. I don't get what's stoping them from going full in.
    Uch.. that not helping. Luckily I stopped caring myself and stopped doing them, but this doesnt help encourage doing it either.

Just make it accountwide already damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    No wonder people talk about WoW 2.0 so often now. They just urge for classic Warcraft vibes from WoD or BfA.
    Or because pretty much everything in WoW in terms of mechanics and game structure is outdated and cannot be fixed in scope of expansion and requires a full remake of the game from ground up.
    This is a main reason for WoW2 talks.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Or because pretty much everything in WoW in terms of mechanics and game structure is outdated and cannot be fixed in scope of expansion and requires a full remake of the game from ground up.
    This is a main reason for WoW2 talks.
    Oh I meant talks about revamp we had here for months, not remaking whole game, sorry about confusion.

And talk about WOW 2 from last few days is just parroting latest "wisdom" from Asmongold as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I meant talks about revamp we had here for months, not remaking whole game, sorry about confusion.
    Then it is more accurate to call Cata 2.0 rather than WoW 2. Just to lesser confusion.
    Old world revamp is pretty much possible, but is it even needed? I mean, world revamp means low-level experience revamp. For old players it is not very needed, maybe only for leveling alts. And for new players it does not fix a problem of WoW being fundamentally outdated and unfriendly to zoomers.

Then it is more accurate to call Cata 2.0 rather than WoW 2. Just to lesser confusion.
    Old world revamp is pretty much possible, but is it even needed? I mean, world revamp means low-level experience revamp. For old players it is not very needed, maybe only for leveling alts. And for new players it does not fix a problem of WoW being fundamentally outdated and unfriendly to zoomers.
    Easy fix: endgame content + quests for current level that also take place in the revamped world, instead of away from it like Cata.

People just want quests, dungeons and raids in Lordaeron, Barrens etc instead of a new island or dimension. Can easily be max level.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, world revamp means low-level experience revamp.
    The age of 2016 onward says hi.
    World quests, world events, and the wow teams general focus on world content means that those zones would be used for everything, from lvling to end-game content.

Just as it was the case in, you know, the last 3 expansions and the current ongoing one.

One of the biggest mistakes of cataclysm was the complete lack of relevancy of the New world post lvling, that the game shoves you into the newest cata endgame zones, instead of actually letting you to continue experiencing the world.

When we discuss a world revamp, we discuss it from a position that Blizzard is at least is aware of their current capabilities and former mistakes and is doing it with the goal to avoid the major failures that they had last time.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The age of 2016 onward says hi.
    World quests, world events, and the wow teams general focus on world content means that those zones would be used for everything, from lvling to end-game content.

Just as it was the case in, you know, the last 3 expansions and the current ongoing one.

One of the biggest mistakes of cataclysm was the complete lack of relevancy of the New world post lvling, that the game shoves you into the newest cata endgame zones, instead of actually letting you to continue experiencing the world.

When we discuss a world revamp, we discuss it from a position that Blizzard is at least is aware of their current capabilities and former mistakes and is doing it with the goal to avoid the major failures that they had last time.
    It all sounds cool and dandy, but it does not fix a problem of WoW being unable to attract new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all sounds cool and dandy, but it does not fix a problem of WoW being unable to attract new players.
    ...To say WoW isn't able to attract new players is kinda false.

Easy fix: endgame content + quests for current level that also take place in the revamped world, instead of away from it like Cata.

People just want quests, dungeons and raids in Lordaeron, Barrens etc instead of a new island or dimension. Can easily be max level.
    They should revert the world quest timer to every 3 days to daily. It was better that way until in DF they changed it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Just had a fun thought about a potential Gilneas theme and story for the prospective world revamp.

We’ve yet to see the werewolf vs. vampire trope in WoW despite two races fitting those roles. I think a rebuilt/repopulated Gilneas with a focus on a schism in the Gilnean political court that’s been sowed by Dreadlords posing as noblemen could definitely be an interesting story direction for a Gilneas based storyline.

Potentially even expand Greymane Manor to be much larger and turn it into a dungeon with the Dreadlord(s) using it as their main base in Gilneas. It would be a cool throwback to Waycrest Manor which was one of the more popular aspects of BfA. A fun, whimsical at times but also dark gothic manor dungeon with vampires and werewolves. In ways it could feel like a new Karazhan.

Maybe even have a group of Venthyr migrate over from the Shadowlands and settle in Gilneas, integrating themselves in Gilnean politics and supporting the incognito Dreadlords.

7+ Year Old Account

I'd say wow is perfectly capable of attracting new players.
    Especially if the marketing team pulls its own weight.

The problem the game has is that it's unable to retain them.

Which, as i said in a previous post, is something that can only be solved by lessening the major system bloat within the game and shelving all the old content for a simple, streamlined, 'return to their roots' experience.
    Which, again, can only be really done with a revamp.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-07-05 at 04:54 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet plenty of players who started playing in BfA and later in my guild.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not needed since SL not only fixed leveling, but also implemented autofix for future (in 11.0 replace BfA with DF for default experience and voila). "Return to Azeroth" can be achieved by picking any nostalgia heavy piece of Azeroth and rebuilding it as new continent (not Cata refresh, with current skills they could make much bigger and detailed zones).

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And yet plenty of players who started playing in BfA and later in my guild.
    It's pointless to argue, people for years are spawning nonsense that WoW has no new players without any evidence.

Same with overall population of WoW, every time I read how dead it is I check game and see 10+ full servers and A LOT of high. Yet hardcore Classic which had TWO full servers was perceived as new shit everyone plays. xD
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2023-07-05 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Maybe even have a group of Venthyr migrate over from the Shadowlands and settle in Gilneas, integrating themselves in Gilnean politics and supporting the incognito Dreadlords.
    If we want to keep Shadowlands lore relevant, it absolutely would make sense for Vashj or other members of the house of Eyes to approach us, possibly with Venthyr help to inform us that they have been tracking Denathrius and found significant dreadlord presence in Gilneas

11.0 will certainly be something about other side of Azeroth. It's initial theme will be about pirates, sea, maybe nagas, exploration of new lands, probably some hidden titanic stuff, and it will eventually lead to some Void stuff, which will be a gateway to 12.0
    11.0 will "clearly" be a lot of things, but if like 6 rounds of these threads has taught me anything it's that the expansion is rarely the thing everyone clearly thought it was going to be even when it's the expected theme/villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    11.0 will "clearly" be a lot of things, but if like 6 rounds of these threads has taught me anything it's that the expansion is rarely the thing everyone clearly thought it was going to be even when it's the expected theme/villain.
    Errrrr I don't know Legion, BfA (at least KT and Zandalar), SL and Dragon Isles were favourites of a great deal of people here. I feel like only MoP and WoD were the true outsiders that no one saw coming-

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Errrrr I don't know Legion, BfA (at least KT and Zandalar), SL and Dragon Isles were favourites of a great deal of people here. I feel like only MoP and WoD were the true outsiders that no one saw coming-
    And both got leaked real early so it's not like people had a chance to make that many theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And both got leaked real early so it's not like people had a chance to make that many theories.
    WoD didn't get leaked early, it was leaked a few days before reveal on Blizzcon I believe- and even more so a few hours with that video with the logo in the background?
    As for MoP yes it did get leaked early with the registration of the expansion name, but people believed it would be either a phone minigame or something related to food at the time