Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think Fyrakk is the end boss of the expansion.I just don't see us ending it on him of all characters. I'm not saying he won't die(Cause he has to) for the very obvious defense of the new World Tree. Way things are going, someone suggested Alexstraza may not be corrupted but that one Old God minion might of twisted the idea of "Turning against Tyr"

I think the actuality is Alexstraza will oppose Tyr in some way. I hope we don't end another Titan Keeper cause thats kinda dumb and I dislike the Anti Titan theme thats going on here. Best case scenario for me is Tyr kinda sees what Alexstraza is talking about and relents/sees reason or we learn more of the Titans doing the whole "Water charged with Order Magic"
    This. I hope we don't end up in a case where it's like "oh boy time to crack some Titan skulls" or something.

I like how Chromie defends them when Iridikron shits on them though, nice touch.

Either way, I don't think the Titans are going to end up being bad, just because they're all about Order. Sure it's their main thing but they are made of different elements. Like I seriously doubt Eonar who is all about Life, is going to be ok with destroying all life on Azeroth just because they ain't "orderly". Or slaves rather. The Dragons for example, are not Titan creations, and not only did they let them live, but even gave them their blessings.

It really would be so cool if it actually happens; Xal'atath finds a way to take over the World Soul and then the Pantheon itself arrives from the Seat to intervene. Why Iridikron thinks he can kill an actual Titan though . . . I mean he sure can take down Odyn or Tyr, but I doubt he can take down Aman'thul and Sargeras.
    The Titans are a shadow of what they were. Their power is much diminished. Probably the only one that still is at full power is Sargeras. I am guessing that is taking the full concentration of all the Titans to keep Sargeras imprisoned, so I do not know how Blizzard would handle them coming back.

And I don't think Iridikron is guided by ideology. Vyranoth maybe would want to restore the planet to a state with no Titan intervention. Nah Iridikron wants to use the planet as bait so he can kill the Titans because he hates them and he probably doesn't care about anything else.
    I agree with this take. Vyranoth might want to use the Emerald Dream as a way to restore the Azeroth in which she lived.

Vyranoth joining us would be a poor choice IMO. After Alexstrasza betrayal (making Orden influence Dragonkind), her imprisonment, Raszageth's death, and eventually Fyrakk's death (probably in 10.2), Vyranoth just cannot join us. Maybe after we defeated her and Alexstrasza takes pity on her, but even that would be a poor choice.

Remember that in the Primalist future everything is covered on ice. Vyranoth might yet surprise us in a negative way.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Chromie is acting like this sweet grandchild that has to take care of her senile grandpa all the time and steer him in the right direction so he doesn't fall of a cliff, when it comes to Nozdormu.
    Just imagine all these scenes but using Anachronos. We don't yet know his visage form so it could be used to give some race diversity to dragon visage forms (e.g. make him look Zandalari? or something weirder like a Jinyu would work for him). Then use the fact the he is Nozdormu's son and heir to give more gravity to all this dialogue and not have him sound like an overexcited child.

Use Chromie for the Time Rifts which are fantastic timelines and then use Soridormi for the Eon's Fringe quests so you can have those be morally grey and feel nuanced because there is an adult in the room.

Or even better (and less work as well) USE Soridormi. Nozdormu seems to only have one Consort and keeps Soridormi at his side and seems to trust her implicitly. Expand on that and make it clear they love each other and make Soridormi be the one who is desperate to save her man. Sure it was just shown with Sindragosa and Malygos but those were both dead. So a version of that with both of them alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    The Titans are a shadow of what they were. Their power is much diminished. Probably the only one that still is at full power is Sargeras. I am guessing that is taking the full concentration of all the Titans to keep Sargeras imprisoned, so I do not know how Blizzard would handle them coming back.
    Would kind of be cool if Iridikron's hatred ends up setting Sargeras free.

The crazy thing for me is, he doesn't even know the Titans. His interaction is with the Keepers.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-07-12 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It really would be so cool if it actually happens; Xal'atath finds a way to take over the World Soul and then the Pantheon itself arrives from the Seat to intervene. Why Iridikron thinks he can kill an actual Titan though . . . I mean he sure can take down Odyn or Tyr, but I doubt he can take down Aman'thul and Sargeras.
    Makes you think what ace Iridikron has up his sleeve if he is confident enough to lure the titan pantheon to azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Makes you think what ace Iridikron has up his sleeve if he is confident enough to lure the titan pantheon to azeroth.
    Ignorance? He knows of the Titans by observing the Keepers. He is probably confident he could take down any of the Keepers (I give him that, I think he could even take a couple of them at once, they are not that powerful)
    Alternatively maybe he is not planning to kill them. Maybe he has the means to trap them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Worth remembering that in Cataclysm, Deathwing offered the Elemental Lords to join him, which Ragnaros and Al'akir accepted and the others refused.

Ragnaros then attacked Mount Hyjal and the World Tree Nordrassil.

Meanwhile, the Naga and the Twilight's Hammer cult attacked the two Elwmental Lords who refused Deathwing.

The Earthen Ring then worked to restore things and replace the fallen Elemental Lords with new leaders.

I feel like Dragonflight is to Cataclysm what The Force Awakens was to A New Hope. It's essentially retelling the same story (with some differences), but amped up to 11.

- N'Zoth is replaced by Queen Azshara and Xal'atath.

- The Elemental Lords are replaced by the Primal Incarnates.

- The Twilight's Hammer is replaced by the Primalists, shifting focus slightly from the Void to the elements. But they're effectively doing the same thing and working for the same Masters.

- Instead of Ragnaros attacking the World Tree on Mount Hyjal, we have Fyrakk attacking the World Tree inside the Emerald Dream.

It's pretty easy at this point to predict what will happen next. The Dream will be invaded. The question is just what happens at the conclusion of the patch. What is the final straw that makes Queen Azshara return and awaken whomever it is that is going to wake up (presumably a corrupted Azeroth).

What we do know is that 11.0 most likely features Void and Elemental stuff plus a world revamp, with Thrall working with us to fix things.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting take, could be. Although I wonder if we've actually seen the Harbinger gather them around her?

There was another theory floating around, mentioning a group of Titan-forged that had ventured into Azeroth's core aeons ago. I can't remember exactly what it said atm.
    Yeah they could also be the native species of Avaloren and not seen until 11.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I agree, he pretty much tells us this in the ending of the dungeon cinematic. 'and when the titans come to reclaim their prize, I will be waiting' their prize being the planet. Emphasis on reclaim.

Yeah he hates them, he seems to be really fuelled by spite and I really like that. He's spent thousands of years planning and hating the titans throughout and having a villain do things for pure hatred feels pretty refreshing for wow after the jailer. That's what Death should have been about.

He's our Gul'dan. Him being in cahoots with Xal'atath is for his own means. He gets the titans, they get what they want. No idea what he'll actually do to them, but when that's done the story can then lead on to the void and Xal'atath a bit more.
    Reminds me of the sterotypical relationship between the reverse flash and barry which is a neat dynamitic for 2 characters

- - - Updated - - -

Ignorance? He knows of the Titans by observing the Keepers. He is probably confident he could take down any of the Keepers (I give him that, I think he could even take a couple of them at once, they are not that powerful)
    Alternatively maybe he is not planning to kill them. Maybe he has the means to trap them.
    I could see it. Basically an Eye for an Eye point of view. Tho from our point of view kindof pointless since we know the titans are basically trapped already

Can’t say I’m too excited about 10.2 seemingly focusing on Fyrakk attacking the Dream/World Tree.

We’ve seen the aesthetic of burning down forests and trees so many times. It’ll feel too similar to Hyjal. Burned forests are just a boring aesthetic.

I’d have much preferred Vyranoth attacking instead so we’d get a more frozen over, winter wonderland but more destructive biome of the Dream instead. That would feel more refreshing and much more aesthetically pleasing.

Well there goes my hope for a revamp expansion coming next as well as having Fyrakk being used as a continuous threat in line with Ragnaros fanatics for Blackrock Mountain and the Khaz Modan zones.

I’m still pretty certain that Vyranoth is switching sides and will represent the primal/proto dragons at the Seat of the Aspects.

Pretty sure next expansion is going to be Avaloren which is where Xal’atath will make her base of operations supported by the “heretics” we’ve read about. During DF testing stages I theorised several times in this thread that next expansion would lead into a Xal’atath & Azshara team-up but based in Ancient Kalimdor thanks to Murozond antics. Looks like I was half right there but instead it’ll be Xal’atath & Azshara on Avaloren. I really hope Azshara takes on more than just a villain role in the expansion though. There’s so much potential with her.

I think it’s also important to note that we’ve seen a flashback of Tyr falling in battle against Zakajz in western Tirisfal. This is also the spot where we found Xal’atath trapped in the Spriest blade. There may be something to be gleaned from that.

@Santandame, the cinematic could absolutely be leading in to something that happens in 10.1.7 where we contain Fyrakk only for Vyranoth to be the one who ends up attacking the tree
    Or it could be both of them leading to a Fire & Ice theme that imo works great and has only ever been used in Frostfire back in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amirdrassil sounds weird for French people I guess, since Amir is a singer

So 10.1.7 will most likely be announced tomorrow, perhaps with an updated roadmap.

What are your predictions for this patch?

Mine are:

• Release date is September 26th.
    • Holiday events like Hallow's End and Feast of Winter Veil are updated.
    • A quest chain brings us closer to the Emerald Dream, involving Fyrakk, Vyranoth, Ysera and Alexstrasza. Might end with the Incarnates attacking the tree, but we can't follow them until 10.2.
    • Druid class available to all races via an extensive quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 10.1.7 will most likely be announced tomorrow, perhaps with an updated roadmap.

Mine are:

• A quest chain brings us closer to the Emerald Dream, involving Fyrakk, Vyranoth, Ysera and Alexstrasza. Might end with the Incarnates attacking the tree, but we can't follow them until 10.2.
    Mechagnome druid ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Amirdrassil sounds weird for French people I guess, since Amir is a singer
    For me the weird thing is that every other world tree started with a consonant sound; Nordrassil, Teldrassil, Vordrassil, Shaladrassil.

Mine are:

• A quest chain brings us closer to the Emerald Dream, involving Fyrakk, Vyranoth, Ysera and Alexstrasza.
    - The ping system that is confirmed to come.
    - Story quest leading to 10.2.
    - Brawler's Guild evergreen revamp.
    - Maybe two heritage quests more.
    - Holiday events.
    - No Druid for all classes. That would make sense in 10.2.5 after we deal with the Emerald Dream. Maybe Shamans.
    - Rogue rework.

Mine are:

Hoping for some decent heritage quests.

Mechagnome druid ?
    Mechanical forms for Druids would be really cool. I am also looking forward to the Forsaken Druid forms. They can do a lot of cool stuff with each race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he thinks he can eat a Titan's soul?
    Inbefore the winner of the corrupt a titan is the elements, and we get an Elemental titan. Wielding all the elements at once.

Azeroth the last airbender if you will.

Mechagnome druid ?
    I mean, with Lightforged Draenei Warlocks and stuff, anything is possible imo. They just need a good quest to introduce the concept, and then a good starting area like the Death Knight one with Bolvar.

For the Druids to become available to all, it could basically be a quest where we get prepared to enter the Dream and defend the World Tree. Denizens of the Dream prepare to grant the power over Life magic to those who would devote their life to the defense of the World Tree and Life itself.

Then we get a new starting zone inside the Dream which all new Druids may opt into, where somebody like Merithra or Cenarius acts as our leader or spiritual guide.

When it comes to Druid forms, all Druids gain access to a collection of new forms that are pretty generic and appropriate for all races. Perhaps inspired by Green dragons, or creatures within the Emerald Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Inbefore the winner of the corrupt a titan is the elements, and we get an Elemental titan. Wielding all the elements at once.

Azeroth the last airbender if you will.
    The world-soul/Titan Azeroth going away and leaving the planet as an elemental husk would be a very cool concept. Essentially a world revamp based more around elements than Order magic.

I mean, with Lightforged Draenei Warlocks and stuff, anything is possible imo. They just need a good quest to introduce the concept, and then a good starting area like the Death Knight one with Bolvar.
    To be fair, Lightforged Warlocks didn't get that.

"I may be physically-infused with the Light to an extent that I literally cannot deviate from it ever, buuuuuuuut different paths etc." and they're suddenly able to channel a contradictory cosmic force.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    To be fair, Lightforged Warlocks didn't get that.

"I may be physically-infused with the Light to an extent that I literally cannot deviate from it ever, buuuuuuuut different paths etc." and they're suddenly able to channel a contradictory cosmic force.
    OK, my bad. I saw some developer clip for 10.1.5 yesterday and there was a guy talking about a Warlock quest he did.