1. #9161
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Then it is more accurate to call Cata 2.0 rather than WoW 2. Just to lesser confusion.
    Old world revamp is pretty much possible, but is it even needed? I mean, world revamp means low-level experience revamp. For old players it is not very needed, maybe only for leveling alts. And for new players it does not fix a problem of WoW being fundamentally outdated and unfriendly to zoomers.
    Easy fix: endgame content + quests for current level that also take place in the revamped world, instead of away from it like Cata.

    People just want quests, dungeons and raids in Lordaeron, Barrens etc instead of a new island or dimension. Can easily be max level.

  2. #9162
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    I mean, world revamp means low-level experience revamp.
    The age of 2016 onward says hi.
    World quests, world events, and the wow teams general focus on world content means that those zones would be used for everything, from lvling to end-game content.

    Just as it was the case in, you know, the last 3 expansions and the current ongoing one.

    One of the biggest mistakes of cataclysm was the complete lack of relevancy of the New world post lvling, that the game shoves you into the newest cata endgame zones, instead of actually letting you to continue experiencing the world.

    When we discuss a world revamp, we discuss it from a position that Blizzard is at least is aware of their current capabilities and former mistakes and is doing it with the goal to avoid the major failures that they had last time.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  3. #9163
    Stood in the Fire Supertoster's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cringe Valley
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The age of 2016 onward says hi.
    World quests, world events, and the wow teams general focus on world content means that those zones would be used for everything, from lvling to end-game content.

    Just as it was the case in, you know, the last 3 expansions and the current ongoing one.

    One of the biggest mistakes of cataclysm was the complete lack of relevancy of the New world post lvling, that the game shoves you into the newest cata endgame zones, instead of actually letting you to continue experiencing the world.

    When we discuss a world revamp, we discuss it from a position that Blizzard is at least is aware of their current capabilities and former mistakes and is doing it with the goal to avoid the major failures that they had last time.
    It all sounds cool and dandy, but it does not fix a problem of WoW being unable to attract new players.

  4. #9164
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    It all sounds cool and dandy, but it does not fix a problem of WoW being unable to attract new players.
    ...To say WoW isn't able to attract new players is kinda false.


    Easy fix: endgame content + quests for current level that also take place in the revamped world, instead of away from it like Cata.

    People just want quests, dungeons and raids in Lordaeron, Barrens etc instead of a new island or dimension. Can easily be max level.
    They should revert the world quest timer to every 3 days to daily. It was better that way until in DF they changed it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  5. #9165
    Just had a fun thought about a potential Gilneas theme and story for the prospective world revamp.

    We’ve yet to see the werewolf vs. vampire trope in WoW despite two races fitting those roles. I think a rebuilt/repopulated Gilneas with a focus on a schism in the Gilnean political court that’s been sowed by Dreadlords posing as noblemen could definitely be an interesting story direction for a Gilneas based storyline.

    Potentially even expand Greymane Manor to be much larger and turn it into a dungeon with the Dreadlord(s) using it as their main base in Gilneas. It would be a cool throwback to Waycrest Manor which was one of the more popular aspects of BfA. A fun, whimsical at times but also dark gothic manor dungeon with vampires and werewolves. In ways it could feel like a new Karazhan.

    Maybe even have a group of Venthyr migrate over from the Shadowlands and settle in Gilneas, integrating themselves in Gilnean politics and supporting the incognito Dreadlords.

  6. #9166
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    It all sounds cool and dandy, but it does not fix a problem of WoW being unable to attract new players.

    I'd say wow is perfectly capable of attracting new players.
    Especially if the marketing team pulls its own weight.

    The problem the game has is that it's unable to retain them.

    Which, as i said in a previous post, is something that can only be solved by lessening the major system bloat within the game and shelving all the old content for a simple, streamlined, 'return to their roots' experience.
    Which, again, can only be really done with a revamp.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-07-05 at 04:54 PM.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  7. #9167
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    It all sounds cool and dandy, but it does not fix a problem of WoW being unable to attract new players.
    And yet plenty of players who started playing in BfA and later in my guild.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  8. #9168
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Then it is more accurate to call Cata 2.0 rather than WoW 2. Just to lesser confusion.
    Old world revamp is pretty much possible, but is it even needed? I mean, world revamp means low-level experience revamp. For old players it is not very needed, maybe only for leveling alts. And for new players it does not fix a problem of WoW being fundamentally outdated and unfriendly to zoomers.
    Nope, not needed since SL not only fixed leveling, but also implemented autofix for future (in 11.0 replace BfA with DF for default experience and voila). "Return to Azeroth" can be achieved by picking any nostalgia heavy piece of Azeroth and rebuilding it as new continent (not Cata refresh, with current skills they could make much bigger and detailed zones).

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And yet plenty of players who started playing in BfA and later in my guild.
    It's pointless to argue, people for years are spawning nonsense that WoW has no new players without any evidence.

    Same with overall population of WoW, every time I read how dead it is I check game and see 10+ full servers and A LOT of high. Yet hardcore Classic which had TWO full servers was perceived as new shit everyone plays. xD
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2023-07-05 at 05:16 PM.

  9. #9169
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Maybe even have a group of Venthyr migrate over from the Shadowlands and settle in Gilneas, integrating themselves in Gilnean politics and supporting the incognito Dreadlords.
    If we want to keep Shadowlands lore relevant, it absolutely would make sense for Vashj or other members of the house of Eyes to approach us, possibly with Venthyr help to inform us that they have been tracking Denathrius and found significant dreadlord presence in Gilneas

  10. #9170
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    11.0 will certainly be something about other side of Azeroth. It's initial theme will be about pirates, sea, maybe nagas, exploration of new lands, probably some hidden titanic stuff, and it will eventually lead to some Void stuff, which will be a gateway to 12.0
    11.0 will "clearly" be a lot of things, but if like 6 rounds of these threads has taught me anything it's that the expansion is rarely the thing everyone clearly thought it was going to be even when it's the expected theme/villain.

  11. #9171
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    11.0 will "clearly" be a lot of things, but if like 6 rounds of these threads has taught me anything it's that the expansion is rarely the thing everyone clearly thought it was going to be even when it's the expected theme/villain.
    Errrrr I don't know Legion, BfA (at least KT and Zandalar), SL and Dragon Isles were favourites of a great deal of people here. I feel like only MoP and WoD were the true outsiders that no one saw coming-

  12. #9172
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Errrrr I don't know Legion, BfA (at least KT and Zandalar), SL and Dragon Isles were favourites of a great deal of people here. I feel like only MoP and WoD were the true outsiders that no one saw coming-
    And both got leaked real early so it's not like people had a chance to make that many theories.

  13. #9173
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And both got leaked real early so it's not like people had a chance to make that many theories.
    WoD didn't get leaked early, it was leaked a few days before reveal on Blizzcon I believe- and even more so a few hours with that video with the logo in the background?
    As for MoP yes it did get leaked early with the registration of the expansion name, but people believed it would be either a phone minigame or something related to food at the time

  14. #9174
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    We didn't believe the WoD leak(Me to). Then a little bit before Blizzcon there was a leaked image of Dave Kosak with a banner behind him of the what we know as Warlords of Draenor today. It was a bit of a shock.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  15. #9175
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We didn't believe the WoD leak(Me to). Then a little bit before Blizzcon there was a leaked image of Dave Kosak with a banner behind him of the what we know as Warlords of Draenor today. It was a bit of a shock.
    Exactly this- I remember how we were all stunned at this like "wtf? it's real?"

  16. #9176
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Exactly this- I remember how we were all stunned at this like "wtf? it's real?"
    It was a trash tier leak.

  17. #9177
    Hmm I remember thinking MoP might be real but I guess I don't remember WoD well enough. I do think that when the pre Blizzcon leak happened it was very clear.

  18. #9178
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    WoD didn't get leaked early, it was leaked a few days before reveal on Blizzcon I believe- and even more so a few hours with that video with the logo in the background?
    As for MoP yes it did get leaked early with the registration of the expansion name, but people believed it would be either a phone minigame or something related to food at the time
    Actually there was an Iron Horde texture file leaked way before the expansion announcement. There were posts about it at the time.

  19. #9179
    Memory serves, MoP's title itself leaked a while before the reveal, right? I remember a lot of arguing over it as some claimed it "didn't sound like an expansion" which always made me laugh because the idea Blizzard has rules about it is hilarious.

    People said the same thing about Cataclysm, too.

  20. #9180

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •