Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most of the Blue Dragonflight questline added, which was quite extensive, was spread all over the world. Dragonflight also had heritage questlines and will add the dragonriding cups in every other continent.
    While the main storyline usually will be in the current continent there are plenty of exceptions (Karazhan as noted, IQD in TBC, 5.3 in MoP, 8.3 in BfA). So I don't think I'd call it rare. If you add all the side stories, questing in zones outside the current continent is at worst uncommon but certainly not rare.
    If you add up all the other content in those expansions alone, that which took place in the older zones is a tiny fraction. Take the expansions that did not do so on top of it, and it's very rare.

Besides, IQD isn't even an example. Quel'danas is itself a TBC zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    That's how the game's always been, though? The only EK zones we went to during TBC were those added during TBC, the only relevant part from the old world got moved to Northrend in WotLK, MoP barely touched on zones outside of it, even Legion invented new class halls at zone for most of the classes, with the exception of Pallies and Monks

They're avoiding old zones because... That's how the games's always been. They always avoid older zones.
    DF just had a blue dragonflight questline that took you all over the old world. When that quest opened up, I let out an audible gasp as I was faced with jet-setting about Azeroth. They went to a great effort for some old-world greatest-hits material there.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The more I assess the current situation, the more I think that there is no Revamp and people should really just let go before it becomes painfully obvious that it won't happen.

The likeliest scenario for you now is that your heart copes with the Anniversaries of the game + Thrall Blizzcon Key Art meaning that a Revamp is likely and they are slowing down to build up via Revamp Expansion -> Azshara Expansion -> Total Chaos on Azeroth (Void/Light/Order Showdown).

However, my head stays in the camp that they will just chuck everything into one expansion because its another hail mary play like Legion. I don't like this personally because it was a mess last time they did it and while it was "very cool" and the memorable moments stuck with the audience. It just completely failed in a narrative sense. (Remember the Sargerite Keystone?).

Obviously, it seems like they just want to be bombastic again and from a marketing standpoint I understand why they are doing it but I don't think they can strike lightning twice unless SURPRISE N'ZOTH is somehow in the equation during the reveal.

Even then, the story they are telling is awful. This is supposed to be a lose/lose scenario but the same power that the Old Gods used to gain the upper hand through puppeteering us is somehow going to make them lose at the final moments? Its' just going to be a "train hits wall" situation, in my honest opinion. If you liked the Zovaal conclusion, its basically that but somehow worse.

(The only theory I can come up with is the whole "Azeroth Spirit" thing coming back to be what swings the death of the Void infused Azeroth into action by our hands and that is about it.)

Either way with that out of the way what happens to Azeroth going forward is probably rather quirky but it seems we're getting another high stakes expansion where the conclusion is that Azeroth (planet) still exists and hence the whole Narrative Teams "Gilneas" thing can occur at a later point in time. At least that is my assumption.

I am not a big fan of another climactic expansion where nothing happens, they already fumbled the World Soul plotline so many times and continuously having this problem is not really in the best interest of the game anymore.

I definitely feel they will have to eject Azeroth (Titan/First One/Peanut Butter Jelly) at some point and then maybe we get something "ordinary" again after this whole World Soul storyline.

Obviously, there's the terrifying side where they just blow up Azeroth and the entire franchise has no ground to stand on anymore. But, based on the fact that they keep stumbling with this World Soul plotline and cannot ever conclude it makes me believe someone higher up has essentially stopped them from doing anything too outrageous in a "epic" conclusion with expansions prior.

Again, at this point if you want pure EK and Kalimdor stylized content for an entire expansion it is clear that you are not the target audience of this game anymore.

Your best bet is to look at the weird situation with Classic regarding the nonexistant state of Season of Mastery 2 and wonder what that all means or well play the Hearthstone "Book of" content.. or pick up Warcraft: Legends and Classes and have a good read, lol.

BELIEVE IN THRALL
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2023-07-13 at 03:17 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

1+ Year Old Account
    I mean we don't really know what the device does. Is it a non-corruptable and non painful Demon Soul clone or is it a Cell/Majin Buu thing that lets Iridikron become empowered after sucking up every Cosmic Force and become strong enough to defeat Titans?

Again, fundamentally we have no idea on this McGuffin and what it really does.

The 2 Remaining Incarnates are moving into the Dream. We don't know if the Rift of Aln can be utilized to add further void troops into the already Green Dragonflight/Void warring going on within.

I have to guess it has something to do with the Rift of Aln or the Tree is actually more important to the whispers than people think but because we're all tired of the whispers we just don't care anymore.

Obviously it is possible that they could reset Azeroth back to its original pre-Order era in some capacity as another option for Revamp cope.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2023-07-13 at 04:24 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

I don't mind Main Murozond APPARENTLY being from our old timeline. What I do mind is that nobody, not even Noz, calls Chromie out on changing the timeline.

The implications of us finally hopping away from the Titan's predetermined timeline are huge... but it's not even mentioned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I don't mind Main Murozond APPARENTLY being from our old timeline. What I do mind is that nobody, not even Noz, calls Chromie out on changing the timeline.

The implications of us finally hopping away from the Titan's predetermined timeline are huge... but it's not even mentioned!
    Its not relevant....

yet, and Murozond might be "necessary" for whatever is needed in the Titan determined timeline, or something else entirely.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hope this is the end of Murozond as a big threat. This stuff was never interesting to begin with, announcing 10y+ ago that Noz will have to go bad at some point and that there is no escape from it. It limited and dominated Bronze story for far too long.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account

We didn't switch timelines and the only ones who could do so is our player characters even then this is highly theoretical.

The fact that the first phrase coming out of Iridikron after Chromies' statement is the question of why the Titans are preserving a timeline in which the Void has destroyed their mortal enemy Cosmic Force and have full control over Azeroth is a strange one.

Again, this is going to get into stupid territory and honestly everything is so theoretical and non mainstream in thinking that I am just going to wait and see what the hell the Narrative Team is smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I honestly hope this is the end of Murozond as a big threat. This stuff was never interesting to begin with, announcing 10y+ ago that Noz will have to go bad at some point and that there is no escape from it. It limited and dominated Bronze story for far too long.
    If you swap Murozond with "World Soul", I agree with you. I am really just tired of the continual tickling teasing of Resets for the Universe at this point when again they are not going to do so and so all of this has no actual stakes at play.

Murozond got nuked in a Megadungeon and while I am not really surprised about that outcome it is probably better considering how Theorycrafting Worshipping this Narrative Team is at the moment. This was probably the best outcome and we didn't have the Player Character changing the timeline problem or just Murozond plotline going ballistic with weirder outcomes.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2023-07-13 at 05:01 PM.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    We didn't switch timelines and the only ones who could do so is our player characters.

The fact that the first phrase coming out of Iridikron after Chromies' statement is the question of why the Titans are preserving a timeline in which the Void has destroyed their mortal enemy Cosmic Force and have full control over Azeroth is a strange one.

Again, this is going to get into stupid territory and honestly everything is so theoretical and non mainstream in thinking that I am just going to wait and see what the hell the Narrative Team is smoking.
    Yes, we did switch timelines. Murozond comes about in the original timeline we have been in since Vanilla, which is where Iridikron loses. But we switch to one where Noz is saved at the expense of Iridkiron winning.

1+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we did switch timelines. Murozond comes about in the original timeline we have been in since Vanilla, which is where Iridikron loses. But we switch to one where Noz is saved at the expense of Iridkiron winning.
    Again, just show N'zoth and just let the audience clap then. I just think player characters having no agency where we walk to a outcome that cannot happen because this is a multi billion franchise just is not a good idea.

(Hell, what is the Order True Timeline then? This certainly isn't it as Void has used us to direct the Timeline in their favor.)

Azeroth will be fine no matter what happens and that just means there is no stakes here and well continuing to play the game is literally just doing the bidding of the Void at this point.

The thing to me is all of this doesn't gain any audience approval beyond N'zoth showing up again. The current status quo is essentially just kind of reluctantly nodding about the absurd stimuli that appears on your screen while decrypting sentences from characters that are too complex and too winding to go anywhere by the time you got another thing to decipher.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2023-07-13 at 05:07 PM.

Nihil.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...fury-incarnate

In Fury Incarnate, players can join forces in new public events—Dreamsurges, earn Forsaken and Night Elf Heritage Armor, band together to run Heroic difficulty for the Dawn of the Infinite mega-dungeon, follow Velen’s prophecy to reveal a new future for some of the draenei people—and more.

1+ Year Old Account
    They are going to put everything into a blender, aren't they?

Oh well.

Nihil.

I like it, clearly unfinished though.

REALLY funny to not show Nelf first.

That's worded so bizarrely. Just some of the Draenei people? Sounds like a new class combo if anything.

What is this, a patch reveal post for ants?

On a serious note, really excited about Night Elf heritage armour and customisation options.

If Dreamsurges are themed around the Emerald Dream, they should be cool as well. Hopefully we get some transmog from those.

Also super welcome with updates to Brewfest an Hallow's End.

Other than that, seems significantly lighter in content than 10.0.7. But I guess that depends on how large of a feature Dreamsurges is, and how big the holiday updates end up being.

PTR comes out today.

Hype! I hope the datamining can begin very soon.

light jihad foreshadowing or future fel eredar customization?

disappointed that they decided to push NEs and Forsaken heritage armor this soon. we didn't even do anyhing about the new world tree yet.

might be just me, but the Forsaken armor reminds me of Metzen's original concept art of the race

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That's worded so bizarrely. Just some of the Draenei people? Sounds like a new class combo if anything.
    Ma'nari Eredar or Argus/Outland Broken rejoining?

I like it, clearly unfinished though.

REALLY funny to not show Nelf first.
    I don't think its unfinished. It just likely has multiple tints and variations like the human one.

Also love the inspiration