Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Then they shouldn't play mmo?
    No no no
    You can't say that because "I pay my 15 a month too"
    You big bully

People just have a hard time realizing sometimes the game isn't meant for how they want to play.
    "This pushes players away and makes grouping harder"
    Can't group with pure solo players
    Can't tell them to wait until they can solo because the first excuse

- - - Updated - - -

Ethereal planet wasn't actually destroyed just swallowed by a pocket dimension where it still exists
    BOOM
    Hello galifrey

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Good catch. I never noticed that as well. One would think Vyranoth would know a great deal then since she used it to find the location of Aberrus.

I think the biggest hurdle to her changing sides is that she seems to be very apathetic. She's pretty unphased by anything Alexstrasza says. I can't really see her suddenly changing course unless Iridikron becomes guilty of the same thing she accuses the Aspects of.
    Her motivation seems to be anger based on the cinematic
    Guarantee there will be a "I shall never serve" moment with her as well and it will be revealed that she was Alex's bang sister

Quote Originally Posted by Finnedmouth View Post
    Got me some juicy details about the future of WoW.

There will be no patch 10.3. Patch 10.2 will launch right after Blizzcon. Patch 10.2.5 will be the last content patch. The expansion ends with a megadungeon where we fight Xal’atath. She wins and resurrects Galakrond, which causes ‘the second Cataclysm’.

The next expansion will be called Tides of Darkness.
    Theme: Void invades Azeroth, main antagonist is Azshara
    Setting: South Seas + EK/Kalimdor (light revamp)
    Some important characters: Thrall, Yrel, Iridikron, Azshara, Illidan, Sargeras
    New races: Vrykul for Alliance and Mok’nathal for Horde
    Fourth specs for original classes (example shaman tank spec)
    New mount types such as underwater mounts and boats
    Class halls return
    Why is Light Hitler there??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ceveris View Post
    It would be a good addition. Playing an MMO does not necessarily mean playing with other players. Allow those who want to play solo to do so, that's all.

You do a little too much with your dramas...
    What does mmo stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    At some point those queues times would be too much. In PvE this might not be an issue for now, except for Warfronts, but in PvP it is already a problem. Just make sure that both parties have the same amount of human players and we are good to go.

A system of PvE companions has unlimited potential, whether if it uses an NPC follower system or if we are able to play with our alts.
    This makes no sense. If you're PvPing against NPCs it's no longer PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Time to foreshadow the new Scarlet leader.

That it's a multiplayer online game, not that it necessarily involves having to play with them for the content. The social aspect can be represented in many different ways than setting up groups without anyone talking to each other.
    Sorry, mmo is not the right game for that kind of people.
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."

I'm going to laugh when the revamp happens and it's unironically Forsaken fighting the Scarlet Crusade in Tirisfal Glades for the third time while Stormwind is dealing with the Defias for the third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm going to laugh when the revamp happens and it's unironically Forsaken fighting the Scarlet Crusade in Tirisfal Glades for the third time while Stormwind is dealing with the Defias for the third time.
    They already set up that the new human story is nobles vs commoners. But yeah its Scarlets again, with Calia's kid maybe.

That it's a multiplayer online game, not that it necessarily involves having to play with them for the content. The social aspect can be represented in many different ways than setting up groups without anyone talking to each other.
    you dont have to play with other players for content
    you have to play with other player for the multiplayer content until the next expansion where it becomes solo contant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They already set up that the new human story is nobles vs commoners. But yeah its Scarlets again, with Calia's kid maybe.
    a fake heir
    they claim it is her son but she had a daughter

good set up for the "OMG BOLVAR IS HER HUBBY AND THEIR DAUGHTER IS THE LIVING HEIR!!!!"

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly a new scarlet crusade forming after being disgruntled with how anduin ended the war with no payback for what the horde did would be pretty fitting and would give them the chance to expand beyond it just being humans.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Honestly a new scarlet crusade forming after being disgruntled with how anduin ended the war with no payback for what the horde did would be pretty fitting and would give them the chance to expand beyond it just being humans.
    Why even call themselves Scarlets at that point, rather than like, New Arathor/Lordaeron?

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    you dont have to play with other players for content
    you have to play with other player for the multiplayer content until the next expansion where it becomes solo contant

- - - Updated - - -

a fake heir
    they claim it is her son but she had a daughter

good set up for the "OMG BOLVAR IS HER HUBBY AND THEIR DAUGHTER IS THE LIVING HEIR!!!!"
    That theory made sense pre-Shadowlands, problem with the Bolvar + Calia = Taelia theory now is that the trio was hanging out together in Shadowlands and not a single mention was made so we're way past that theory being real.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why even call themselves Scarlets at that point, rather than like, New Arathor/Lordaeron?
    Could be any number of reasons to stick with the name, an old crusader like the pilgrim recruiting to remake the order or argent crusaders who have become disillusioned after what the forsaken did in the war so they go back to there roots and retake the name.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

like previous years, right?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/16...752114692?s=20

Solo mode for dungeons with bots inc?
    I wouldn't want whole party of bots, but i would love a companion system like in ESO with long questline to unlock one.
    Being able to lvl, fully equip(crafters could be making armor for companions) and summon it to the dungeon in case someone leaves or if you just want to do some transmog runs etc.

I liked having a companion in legion doing content with me in open world, so if they would expand this system i think it would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Time to foreshadow the new Scarlet leader.
    Yeah, I think forsaken heritage armor has to do something with Scarlet Monastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    That theory made sense pre-Shadowlands, problem with the Bolvar + Calia = Taelia theory now is that the trio was hanging out together in Shadowlands and not a single mention was made so we're way past that theory being real.
    That's the weird part
    Why were those three hanging out in SL?
    Bolvar made sense
    His daughter made sense because her dad
    But calia??
    I'm betting on Content that was cut or pushed back

No way we have those characters with no connection to one another despite the 100% overlapping backstory of "lost my wife and mother to my daughter" and "lost my husband and daughter"

Taelia gets revealed as the menethil heir
    Marries anduin
    Unites the human kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The theory would just be really weird in that context, but would still make just as much sense. You could easily handwaved away them not talking by mentioning they just never talked while we were there, or were generally too busy to talk.

It's still the most reasonable theory by a long shot from a narrative perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    That's the weird part
    Why were those three hanging out in SL?
    Bolvar made sense
    His daughter made sense because her dad
    But calia??
    I'm betting on Content that was cut or pushed back

No way we have those characters with no connection to one another despite the 100% overlapping backstory of "lost my wife and mother to my daughter" and "lost my husband and daughter"

Taelia gets revealed as the menethil heir
    Marries anduin
    Unites the human kingdoms
    Taelia being the daughter of Bolvar and Calia is one of those theories that work so well it could easily excuse a few niggles here and there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Taelia being the daughter of Bolvar and Calia is one of those theories that work so well it could easily excuse a few niggles here and there.
    Ah yes, they are standing right next to each other for an entire expansion with their daughter right there and they never even exchange a word. That's a happy couple.

7+ Year Old Account
    It worked well before they made each of them stand next to each other, having interactions throughout the expansion only to never ever mention their relationship.

Shoehorning them into a relationship at this point makes very little sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, the Defias are done for now.
    Got replaced with the Breadbasket guild and the House of Commons.

But the scarlets very much are setup to come back.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-07-21 at 07:37 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ah yes, they are standing right next to each other for an entire expansion with their daughter right there and they never even exchange a word. That's a happy couple.
    It would be really weird, but not that much worse than other weird lapses in character from other people.
    There are loads of characters in Shadowlands that never speak despite their proximity to each other in any meaningful way. Even if Calia and Bolvar weren't actually a thing, why wouldn't they discuss the incredible coincidence that they have seemingly the same backstory their significant other had?

When Illidan never talked to Malfurion despite being on the same island we never thought their shared history was somehow gone forever. We just assumed it was the writers being really weird about having important character interactions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Yeah, I think forsaken heritage armor has to do something with Scarlet Monastery.
    I like the scarlets, i just hope its not just gather 5 boxes, kill 15 scarlets and then kill boss and they are done again.

What are the chances.