I would be very surprised if that turns out to be alleria as there has been no element building up to her taking such a role contrary to both Azshara and Xal'atath

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post

Looking at these two pictures, the elven portal figure seems to have the same hood and the same shoulder armor as Alleria. She even might be holding a bow or some weapon. Probably still Xal'athat, but worth taking into consideration.
    I mean it could be anyone. Could be Sylvanas. Could be Tyrande's evil twin. Could be AU genderswapped Illidan.

Here is the thing, it seems weird for me for Iridikron to be talking about the Harbinger to the heroes while being right next to said Harbinger. Realistically the Harbinger IS Xal'atath (it could be Alleria but I'd expect that if it was, she would do it unwittingly). It is not Azshara because otherwise the notes from the Reach don't make sense. So I assume whoever is next to Iridikron is NOT the Harbinger. So two scenarios
    a) Xal is the Harbinger and the person next to Iridikron is Azshara
    b) Alleria is the Harbinger and the person next to Iridikron is either Xal or Azshara and they mean to manipulate Alleria somehow.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post

Looking at these two pictures, the elven portal figure seems to have the same hood and the same shoulder armor as Alleria. She even might be holding a bow or some weapon. Probably still Xal'athat, but worth taking into consideration.
    ]
    Now this would be genuinely interesting though I'd be careful referencing a void elf by name. It tends to attract unsavory characters.

Micro-Prediction

Based on the flavour of the day, here's a new little prediction for 11.0.

• Queen Azshara has tapped into the raw power of the Void. She's building an Empire for herself in the Twisting Nether, encompassing multiple worlds infested by the Void. Ruling from a throne on the remnants of K'aresh, she still has enemies that oppose her. So she's not contempt. She wants to claim Azeroth for her own, and make it the prime world of her domain. Her crown jewel. The obsolete Old Gods, in her view, have an outdated approach. While they slowly infest worlds over many aeons, ultimately seeking to turn world-souls into terrible manifestations of the Void, Queen Azhara wants to rule. She wants to be adored and worshiped. But if everyone is dead, there'd be no one left to worship her. Azeroth will awaken. But Azeroth will serve her. Azeroth will survive, but her children will be part of Azshara's Empire.
    • Once the Harbinger Xal'atath has used Iridikron to empower the Shadow Soul, Queen Azhara will return from beyond the Umbral Veil to rule. The world-soul awakens, but is immediately struck by Azshara's spell. From the Maelstrom, she's channelling a spell using the Shadow Soul artifact, which will begin to enslave the world-soul. Incapacitating it with the powers of the now dead Old Gods. Making it subservient to the one true Queen. The sky darkens. The Void Storm covers a massive region of the world, spreading fear and panic. Influencing the minds of nearby creatures. Manifestations of Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and the other Old Gods appear in places.
    • As a result, other forces on Azeroth are also in turmoil. The elements wreak havoc. The Elemental Lords struggle to maintain control.
    • Thrall returns. The Earthen Ring and other major Azerothian organisations, now strengthened by a score of new recruits from the player base (new race/class combinations), fight back. The first task is to calm the elements and gain the Elemental Lords as our allies.
    • Players have gained new abilities from Azeroth's awakening. A power system lets us unlock new abilities overtime, based on Azeroth herself.
    • We travel to the eye of the Void Storm, primarily the region west of the Maelstrom. This is a tropical area, full of islands. Here, we seek to build up a resistance and to begin to contain the spell, and ultimately stop Azshara. Across our journey, we encounter pirates and naga, fish and mer-folk, and ancient secrets that will benefit our cause.
    • Toward the end of the expansion, Azshara's spell is stopped, we've chased her into the Twisting Nether to end her rule, and Azeroth is saved. The world-soul remains awake, although a bit shaken. Druids, Shaman, and all of Azeroth's guardians tend to it. But as a result, Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms are revamped. From now on, Azeroth is a beautiful and living world, unique in the cosmos for having a world-soul which neither cosmic force has been able to use for its own benefit. The Titans haven't turned her into a Titan. The Void haven't turned her into a Void Lord or Dark Titan. The Burning Legion haven't been able to destroy her. The Jailer couldn't use her to reshape reality. Life and Light haven't been able to conquer her or take over completely. She's a free and pristine world-soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, the final ones.

- - - Updated - - -
    He said "The next expansion isn't going to be teased in the in-game cutscene for patch content" and I showed him it is possible for them to tease next expansion in a cutscene. Doesn't matter if it's final or not.
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Dragon Isles was added on the other side of the world, over near EK. No reason for Kalimdor to have moved, especially given Kalimdor was moved closer to the Maelstrom, not closer to the map border

We know one other thing about Tel'abim, and that's that a certain Nightsquall pirate who's found Something out west has also apparently burried so much treasure there that the island is higher than it used to be
    I'm looking at the world maps. Not just the current one in DF, but like EVERY world map.

Kalimdor has been close to the Maelstrom in previous expansions... EXCEPT IN BFA... in the original BFA Alpha, they had it in the same spot, but when they were updating all the old maps, they put Kalimdor further away from the Maelstrom, by DF they fixed this issue.

So I don't think there's anything coming that's gonna sprout near Kalimdor as this was a mistake on whoever designed the maps.

Let me show you what I mean.
    Here's the world map for Legion: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180413203728

Here's the world map for BFA's Alpha: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180609000227

Here's the map in BFA (Live): https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20220908202822

and here's the world map in DF: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20221227135450

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I did too but it's not close enough. Though it seems I've got the angle wrong for both as the space between the torso and her left arm is different than the one on the pictures I used. I've tried doing a better match but couldn't, maybe someone else could do a better job than I did ^^

[IMG]
    Those ears are very clearly Night Elven, not any High Elf derivative. They point back, not up. I would say that neither Azshara nor Xal'atath quite fit.
    It also looks like the figure is wearing a hood.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Those ears are very clearly Night Elven, not any High Elf derivative. They point back, not up. I would say that neither Azshara nor Xal'atath quite fit.
    Would be interesting if it turns out to be someone unexpected. E.g. imagine if Leyara somehow survived.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually the High Elf figure is looking up at Iridikron as he's taller. It's Xal'atath and I wonder why some people still deny it xd. That's why the ears are not pointing up. Also, it's not a hood. It's the same hairstyle Xal'atath had. But this is also probably a placeholder model (from the past) as she's 100% getting an unique model.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Actually the High Elf figure is looking up at Iridikron as he's taller. It's Xal'atath and I wonder why some people still deny it xd. That's why the ears are not pointing up. Also, it's not a hood. It's the same hairstyle Xal'atath had. But this is also probably a placeholder model (from the past) as she's 100% getting an unique model.
    Lmao, she'd have to be looking straight upwards to angle them back like that. You can see Iridikron is directly in front of her, not above her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    Dude you were doing that up until the evoker announcement
    Actually I made two dragon class threads before the Evoker announcement. One of those threads came out in 2019, long before Dragonflight was announced.

That said, my point is that Blizzard isn't going to telegraph the next expansion to that extent before the expansion announcement. Whatever the primals are doing more than likely isn't going to bleed over into the next expansion. Just like nothing major from Shadowlands bled over into Dragonflight. WoW expansions (for the most part) tend to be self-contained affairs these days. If they can make N'Zoth and the Black Empire into a patch, the chances of us getting a void expansion is quite slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    That's if the book is even about Azshara, I've read it multiple times. It's also plausible the queen is Xal'atath and the harbinger Iridikron, and considering the person in the silhouette is 99% Xal'atath. I wouldn't count any chickens just yet.
    Iridikron isn't the harbringer.
    "The Harbinger speaks of a primal power that seeks the end of Order. Such rage can be bent to serve our ends."

"A hunger lost to the ages will be reclaimed."

"A dark heart left broken awaits the taking."

From what we know now that clearly the harbringer talking about Iridikron wanting to end the titans and using him. We are now at the point we have to wait and see which dark heart they mean. My bet would be either Azeroth because most of the time we talk about her heart, we have the heart chamber, there are other whispers about a heart being filled etc. Or maybe Alextrasza because i still don't trust that manipulative dragon lady.

I also looked up the legion whispers of xal'atath because i remembered something about galakrond (which, turns out, was never in game and pointless for speculation anyway) when i found this again
    "It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be."
    Most of us always assumed it was about N'zoth and his 5000iq plan, but i would argue xal is talking about herself here. Makes sense her being the weakest of them(if she is an old god) and now being the only one that is still out there.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is the problem, most Void-related stuff hasn't even been introduced, we don't know what the Void Realm is called, and we don't know any Void Lord by name nor what they look like.

So, going to "Voidlands" in 11.0 wouldn't be much different from going to Shadowlands in 9.0; although we knew the Death Realm by name, we didn't know anything about the Jailer, the Death Pantheon, or how Shadowlands looked like since it's the afterlife realm. The only clue we had was Sylvanas vision when she fell from the top of Icecrown in Edge of the Night.

That's why I think we need more supplementary material to give more hints and a cohesive transition to these cosmic planes expansions; if a World Revamp is not possible Blizzard should make another stand-alone/narrative-driven game such as Warcraft RTS or the canceled Warcraft Adventures (an animated TV series would work too), to give more depth to these comics planes/threats.

As it stands now, there're not many things that would hype me for a Void expansion, other than Void Elves and Alleria development, Ethereals, and K'aresh. I know we also have Xal'atath that is a known character that's pretty much confirmed to appear and perhaps Azshara although I wouldn't like to see her so soon. For the Light side, however, there's a lot more that I would like to see further development, such as Yrel and the Lightbound, Turalyon, and the Lightforged goals, a possible Scarlet Crusade comeback, whereabouts of Lorthraxion, more depth on Naaru lore.

Just my 2 cents.
    You can go back to my post on 2023-07-22, 10:50 PM to see that I have already said and agree with this. Additionally, for the last year, I have been saying that cosmic isn't the problem, setting it up properly is. My question was simply to consider what a "Void" expansion "could" look like. Not pulling it out of thin air like SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually I made two dragon class threads before the Evoker announcement. One of those threads came out in 2019, long before Dragonflight was announced.

That said, my point is that Blizzard isn't going to telegraph the next expansion to that extent before the expansion announcement. Whatever the primals are doing more than likely isn't going to bleed over into the next expansion. Just like nothing major from Shadowlands bled over into Dragonflight. WoW expansions (for the most part) tend to be self-contained affairs these days. If they can make N'Zoth and the Black Empire into a patch, the chances of us getting a void expansion is quite slim.
    The only reason I don't see a Pure Void expansion working is because it loops back to the same reason as why they won't make an expansion about the Emerald Dream.

No variety.

With Northrend, they were able to include Fjords, Tundras, an ancient decaying Troll Empire, an alpine forest, an untapped jungle full of wield life... (and even a whole insect empire built under the landscape).

What's there to include in a Void expansion? Having zones be realms based off each Old God that infected Azeroth?

One of Azshara’s primary characteristics is that she is extremely vain. I imagine if she has the ability, she’ll choose to appear in her Highborne form over her Naga form.

I actually imagine she’ll end up receiving a new model that highlights her beauty and mystique, whilst retiring her Naga form and only using it in select situations such as a phase from a raid encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    What's there to include in a Void expansion? Having zones be realms based off each Old God that infected Azeroth?
    Pretty much anything there could be in any other expansion.

Not sure why you're equating a general theme to zone variety. That's like asking "How can there be variety in an undead expansion?"

They can always make shit up for any kind of expansion. I don't know why people still think they can't do it. That's literally the job of game devs, to make things up from nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    WoD was hurt by devs scrapping it but still came out on top in zone and encounter design. Character remodels took a chunk out of their time, with no real shortcuts like Legion where we had less weapon models for more spell updates.

They can most definitely pull it off as shown in Cata and WoD. They’ve had years to learn from their patch/xpac cycles.
    EK and Kalimdor are much bigger than Outland/Draenor. And then they will need to make actual new expansion zones for the current threath unless they want to repeat the Cata problem where every EK and Kalimdor zone is now about Deathwing and Twilight's Hammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing I don't get is why would Azshara stay Void-aligned?
    Becuase Void is power. She didn't care for dancing accordign to N'zoth's note, but she will most definetly love all the power she can get from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I'm looking at the world maps. Not just the current one in DF, but like EVERY world map.

Kalimdor has been close to the Maelstrom in previous expansions... EXCEPT IN BFA... in the original BFA Alpha, they had it in the same spot, but when they were updating all the old maps, they put Kalimdor further away from the Maelstrom, by DF they fixed this issue.

So I don't think there's anything coming that's gonna sprout near Kalimdor as this was a mistake on whoever designed the maps.

Let me show you what I mean.
    Here's the world map for Legion: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180413203728

Here's the world map for BFA's Alpha: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180609000227

Here's the map in BFA (Live): https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20220908202822

and here's the world map in DF: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20221227135450
    None of these links work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lmao, she'd have to be looking straight upwards to angle them back like that. You can see Iridikron is directly in front of her, not above her.

[IMG]
    For that matter, the head would be visibly angled upwards in that case, which it quite definitely is not.

That is not Xal'atath, and i don't think the ear is the right proportions for Azshara either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    None of these links work.
    Hang on. (They work fine on my end, even when I click them.) I'm not gonna post the whole images in the post because it'll take up a lot of space and it's not worth showing all of them.

7.0 (Legion) World Map https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180413203728

BFA's Alpha World Map https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180609000227

8.0 (BFA) World Map https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20220908202822

10.0 (DF) World Map https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20221227135450

If none of these links work, I'm just gonna send the link to where I found them. The whole point still remains that the when the maps were updated in BfA, they mistakenly put Kalimdor further away from the Maelstrom but in DF they corrected it.

Reference: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Aze...search#Gallery