1. #10821
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,834
    I mean tbf with the whole Archimonde thing…
    Technically he didn’t die in the Nether.

    There’s the whole cinematic of him grabbing Gul’dan and throwing him through the portal back on Draenor then dying.

    Sure we fought him in the nether but he died on Draenor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  2. #10822
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I mean tbf with the whole Archimonde thing…
    Technically he didn’t die in the Nether.

    There’s the whole cinematic of him grabbing Gul’dan and throwing him through the portal back on Draenor then dying.

    Sure we fought him in the nether but he died on Draenor.
    Thats hard to understand since why didn't he regen or respawn quick in Legion. Honestly I think archi is just dead dead at this point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  3. #10823
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,142
    Archimondes fate is very much up in the air.

    Even in the interview where Kosak confirms that the Mythic phase is supposed to be canon
    , he literally starts out with "We might change it, this might not be canon".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats hard to understand since why didn't he regen or respawn quick in Legion. Honestly I think archi is just dead dead at this point.
    Demonic respawn isn't instantaneous.
    Argus just accelerated their natural respawn timer.

    Archimonde died and then the events of Legion happened right after.

    There is more than enough wiggle room to have Archimonde return, with him simply just now finishing his ressurection.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  4. #10824
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    Because its canon? Like did you read Illidan novel? Archimonde and Kazzak from wod dungeon journal? Tomb of Sargeras and A Thouands years war audio drama? as well as some legion quest? Because all of them states it

    All started in 6.2 ptr with a tweet from Afrasiabi which stated that the Legion is unique and there is only one version of each demons...
    ...people were utterly convinced it worked that way in 6.0. That's my whole point. So thanks for proving it, i guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Demonic respawn isn't instantaneous.
    Argus just accelerated their natural respawn timer.

    Archimonde died and then the events of Legion happened right after.

    There is more than enough wiggle room to have Archimonde return, with him simply just now finishing his ressurection.
    Also, Argus tethered their souls and let them circumvent the whole "dying in the Nether" thing, which is kinda relevant here. Kil'jaeden is likely toast given how shortly before Argus his death happened. Archimonde had quite a bit of time on the other hand.

  5. #10825
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Also, Argus tethered their souls and let them circumvent the whole "dying in the Nether" thing, which is kinda relevant here. Kil'jaeden is likely toast given how shortly before Argus his death happened. Archimonde had quite a bit of time on the other hand.
    Kil'jaeden exploded of fel. To me it felt like his mind is not able to sustain the corruption anymore.

    Archimonde could still be alive but honestly I don't care for him. He's never had a personnality nor motivations. He was a named sorcerer that couldn't even control his armies

  6. #10826
    Mechagnome Ameonna's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I mean tbf with the whole Archimonde thing…
    Technically he didn’t die in the Nether.

    There’s the whole cinematic of him grabbing Gul’dan and throwing him through the portal back on Draenor then dying.

    Sure we fought him in the nether but he died on Draenor.
    Listen to Tomb of Sargeras audio drama, they literaly tell you that Archimonde is gone for good like OUR Archimonde, not an alternate one is DEAD for good in wod it is exactly what the tomb of sargeras audio says and i think Bellular and ppl should listen to that audio drama :



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    ...people were utterly convinced it worked that way in 6.0. That's my whole point. So thanks for proving it, i guess..
    Thats wrong, no one thought it worked like this in 6.0 lol, people even said that the Mannoroth that died in the cgi from wod was an alternate mannoroth since our was dead in war3...but devs in 6.2 completly made clear that the Mannoroth we kill in HFC (who also died from Grommash in the cgi) is the same in war3

    And they did this because, as with the Archimonde, no one gave a dam about killing alternate version of demons that already died in the 3rd war, thats why Afrasiabi came up with the "its the same demons for all timeline" because if not ppl would not care...

    So yeah no idea why you bring 6.0 up when i clearly pointed at 6.2 ptr...and people did not think of it working this way UNTIL AFRASIABI SIAD SO!!!!

  7. #10827
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    So yeah no idea why you bring 6.0 up when i clearly pointed at 6.2 ptr...and people did not think of it working this way UNTIL AFRASIABI SIAD SO!!!!
    Because people were already talking about it in 6.0.This was already a topic before we even knew what 6.2 was going to be.

    Why exactly "our" Mannoroth dying in WC3 would be relevant when them being able to return from death is an established trait is rather questionable as well. Your timeline makes no sense.

  8. #10828
    Mechagnome Ameonna's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because people were already talking about it in 6.0.This was already a topic before we even knew what 6.2 was going to be.

    Why exactly "our" Mannoroth dying in WC3 would be relevant when them being able to return from death is an established trait is rather questionable as well. Your timeline makes no sense.
    It was never confirmed that they could return at this point in time. The only ones that were confirmed to be able to return were the Nathrezim back in Cataclysm.

    They specifically precised that Nathrezim could return but not other demons so people were not sure about others, and most said Mannoroth and Archimonde considering their death in war3 were impactful for the story (the death of Mannoroth was needed to free the orcs from the blood pact which is now a quesiton since he is not truly dead so how could his defeat break the paéct if he is not dead?)

    And btw, here is the answers : https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...ore-revelation

    Here the devs clearly tells you that there was only ONE version of demons.

    So here you can stop saying bull about "ho but its players faults" because no its not.

  9. #10829
    The stupidity of the idea of one Legion across the multiverse is only comparable to Danuser's explanation of what happens to the different versions of one character when they end up in the Shadowlands.

    Hopefully they take the chance to start retconning stuff than does not make any sense.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  10. #10830
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Well if they are going to imply Archimonde is alive, utilize him well when the time comes(Or rather don't kill him off quickly).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #10831
    Mechagnome Ameonna's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    The stupidity of the idea of one Legion across the multiverse is only comparable to Danuser's explanation of what happens to the different versions of one character when they end up in the Shadowlands.

    Hopefully they take the chance to start retconning stuff than does not make any sense.
    But the thing is, and i think people dont realize it, is that both of these bad idease would not need to exist or be explained if the multiverse/AU/Alternate timeline simply did not exist in warcraft universe.

    This bs was mainly made in Cata with the Twilight of the Aspects novel and 4.3 with End Time dungeon and WoD fully expanded it to its full "glory"

    But everytime they have to bring it up, it is because ppl ask "but how it works with the multiverse" if there was no multiverse this would not even have to be asked ><

  12. #10832
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    But the thing is, and i think people dont realize it, is that both of these bad idease would not need to exist or be explained if the multiverse/AU/Alternate timeline simply did not exist in warcraft universe.

    This bs was mainly made in Cata with the Twilight of the Aspects novel and 4.3 with End Time dungeon and WoD fully expanded it to its full "glory"

    But everytime they have to bring it up, it is because ppl ask "but how it works with the multiverse" if there was no multiverse this would not even have to be asked ><
    The multiverse by itself does not have to be bad. It could even be potentially cool. The problem is when you start mixing concepts in stupid and completely unnecessary ways.

    If there was one Legion across the multiverse they would be unstoppable. Period. It would not be possible to argue against their completely dominance over the multiverse. They would corrupt and create millions of Kil'Jaedens and Archimondes, entire civilizations repeteadly, hold uncountable artifacts of untold power... You see how it goes.

    The Shadowlands has the same problem. It is so fucking idiotic that there is just one across the multiverse. Its base concept is just completely dull. I do not even want to talk about how SL basically killed WoW in so many ways and for so many players.

    But Blizzard can use the multiverse in a simple and amazing way IMO. Yrel's Army of Light.

    From WoD to BfA, I believe that 2-3 years passed in Azeroth. Yet in WoD's Draenor they were like... 20-30? So when DF is done another 50-80 years would have passed in Draenor. In that time Yrel might have conquered several planets. Even an alternate Azeroth. The potential of her Army is only comparable to the Burning Legion. In fact it is exactly that, call it the Light's Crusade or however you want. Yrel has the potential to become a new Kil'jaeden, with the Naaru as her guide instead of Sargeras.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  13. #10833
    I'd take what Bellular is promoting with a grain of salt. We really don't need Archimonde for the 4th time in the story.

    My hopes are they pick up the abandoned storyline of WoD. Have MU Yrel who was speculated to be the daughter of Archimonde and make her the new leader of the Legion.

    That would also be way more of reason to tie-in AU Yrel than she just randomly decides to invade our timeline for reasons.

  14. #10834
    Mechagnome Ameonna's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I'd take what Bellular is promoting with a grain of salt. We really don't need Archimonde for the 4th time in the story.

    My hopes are they pick up the abandoned storyline of WoD. Have MU Yrel who was speculated to be the daughter of Archimonde and make her the new leader of the Legion.

    That would also be way more of reason to tie-in AU Yrel than she just randomly decides to invade our timeline for reasons.
    I completly agree, because i find so dumb how people are wanting an Archimonde when you have a plenty of cool still alive characters like Velysra, like Velhari, like Nuri (the wife of Velen) Sateil, Thal'kiel or even Jaraxxus if they want to joke around...just to mention some that are actually interesting and not dead.

  15. #10835
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    I completly agree, because i find so dumb how people are wanting an Archimonde when you have a plenty of cool still alive characters like Velysra, like Velhari, like Nuri (the wife of Velen) Sateil, Thal'kiel or even Jaraxxus if they want to joke around...just to mention some that are actually interesting and not dead.
    Most of those characters don't have the "star power" that Archimonde does. Assuming Blizz is even going along with Archi alive.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  16. #10836
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    They specifically precised that Nathrezim could return but not other demons so people were not sure about others, and most said Mannoroth and Archimonde considering their death in war3 were impactful for the story (the death of Mannoroth was needed to free the orcs from the blood pact which is now a quesiton since he is not truly dead so how could his defeat break the paéct if he is not dead?)
    And all of that turned out to be a lie since Shadowlands revealed all the Dreadlords (a.k.a. Nathrezim) were never demons and are all alive & well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    If anything, its more likely that Xal is the harbringer, who used to be an OG herself, and since her own body was destroyed, she is now trying to corrupt the world soul of Azeroth this way.
    Nowhere do they say what Xalatath's goal is. And I don't think the power level of Titans actually matter since they're almost impossible to kill but very easy to corrupt & mind control. If Iridikron is counting on Xal to fight the Titans for him he's going to be very disapointed as the Priest questlines make it clear after being put into the dagger & then into a mortal body, she's less than 1% of her original power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Aggramar's physical body was already destroyed by Sargeras, we're fighting his tortured soul.
    I don't think you can confidently say that's how Titan's work. When in the same raid we have unkilled Eonar floating around as a disembodied spirit. Are you saying killing his soul turns him back alive again in the Argus fight? Then you're saying half the titans have physical bodies & half of them are disembodied spirits when they imprison Sargeras & its impossible to distinguish the difference by looking at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameonna View Post
    Well its not what dungeon journal says about Socrethar, and we already killed him in TBC and if he died in tbc (thus reforming in the nether) how can be a ghost in alternate draenor? (after we killed him in shatrath) and not be in the nether?
    Are you Familiar with Uther and all the ghosts of him on Azeroth? My theory is that a ghost is someone in the shadowlands dreaming but anyway there's no canon explanation for ghosts. Its clear a demon's ghost showing up on Argus is indicative of nothing.

  17. #10837
    Mechagnome Ameonna's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    The multiverse by itself does not have to be bad. It could even be potentially cool. The problem is when you start mixing concepts in stupid and completely unnecessary ways.

    If there was one Legion across the multiverse they would be unstoppable. Period. It would not be possible to argue against their completely dominance over the multiverse. They would corrupt and create millions of Kil'Jaedens and Archimondes, entire civilizations repeteadly, hold uncountable artifacts of untold power... You see how it goes.

    The Shadowlands has the same problem. It is so fucking idiotic that there is just one across the multiverse. Its base concept is just completely dull. I do not even want to talk about how SL basically killed WoW in so many ways and for so many players.

    But Blizzard can use the multiverse in a simple and amazing way IMO. Yrel's Army of Light.

    From WoD to BfA, I believe that 2-3 years passed in Azeroth. Yet in WoD's Draenor they were like... 20-30? So when DF is done another 50-80 years would have passed in Draenor. In that time Yrel might have conquered several planets. Even an alternate Azeroth. The potential of her Army is only comparable to the Burning Legion. In fact it is exactly that, call it the Light's Crusade or however you want. Yrel has the potential to become a new Kil'jaeden, with the Naaru as her guide instead of Sargeras.
    I understand your point, but to me Blizzard is just unable to manage this, and if you look at for example Diablo lore, there is no need for multiverse to make something cool and interesting, even the archangel Itherael is so much more intreresting than Nozdormu...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Most of those characters don't have the "star power" that Archimonde does. Assuming Blizz is even going along with Archi alive.
    They should have thought of it before killing him twice...and they can just make up new characters like for example Sabelian who was of no fame before DF

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    And all of that turned out to be a lie since Shadowlands revealed all the Dreadlords (a.k.a. Nathrezim) were never demons and are all alive & well.
    Back in Cata it was not a "lie" because the whole thing about Nathrezim being from Shadowlands was clearly not a thing yet in the devs mind. Its important to keep track of the context and when it was mentioned to see how it evolved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Are you Familiar with Uther and all the ghosts of him on Azeroth? My theory is that a ghost is someone in the shadowlands dreaming but anyway there's no canon explanation for ghosts. Its clear a demon's ghost showing up on Argus is indicative of nothing.
    Yeah but Uther is a mortal and his soul got some mumbo jumbo split with Frostmourn and i think the fact it is over Azeroth was explained by it being echoes of himself rather than actually him. And the ghosts on Argus as i recall were not demons but if you talk about the ones on Eredath they are again echoes of the past and ghosts from eredar not being demons yet.

  18. #10838
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well if they are going to imply Archimonde is alive, utilize him well when the time comes(Or rather don't kill him off quickly).
    Has he ever actually done anything other than show up and then get killed shortly after?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    If there was one Legion across the multiverse they would be unstoppable. Period. It would not be possible to argue against their completely dominance over the multiverse. They would corrupt and create millions of Kil'Jaedens and Archimondes, entire civilizations repeteadly, hold uncountable artifacts of untold power... You see how it goes.
    And so would everybody else. Relative powerlevels would not shift significantly. Not to mention that it would render Sargeras goals even more unachievable than they already are.

  19. #10839
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Has he ever actually done anything other than show up and then get killed shortly after?
    Destroyed Dal.

  20. #10840
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Destroyed Dal.
    Even that was greatly diminished in WoW lore. It took only 6 years to basically rebuild the city.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •