Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And they knew it will be understood as "no new spec at all in 10.1". Basically bending words like it is some kind of an infernal contract.
    Which there fucking wasn't.

That is the whole point. People were wrongly getting hyped up over there being a spec in a patch where there wasn't one, so they said "Hey, there's no hidden spec in this patch, stop expecting one."

And they knew it will be understood as "no new spec at all in 10.1". Basically bending words like it is some kind of an infernal contract.
    He told the truth while also keeping the third spec being real a surprise. Not bending words.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Ah, man. Keyboardturn on Twitter posted these old images from Ulduar.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...74035031760896

I would get so, so excited if they did something (relatively) unexpected and just unearthed a whole boatload of nautical themed content for us with 11.0. I'm talking:

• Travel out to sea, but instead of finding a whole continent we find like... a region of the sea which contains maybe an archipelago with a few larger islands, some deep underwater areas, and perhaps lots of shallow water areas around the islands as well.
    • Meet a modern spin on the naga, merpeople. See their underwater city with glowing spires and stuff.
    • Fish, sharks, whales, crabs, pirates, ships and all that stuff.
    • Tropical beaches and jungles, volcanoes, and more.
    • Fishing revamp.
    • Uldaz could be a Titan facility on the largest isle, perhaps the one being defended by the "Heretics". This large island could be the size of the Azure Span perhaps. With a dense jungle surrounding the facility. Maybe the whole Spanish conquistador and Inquisition-theme spotted on the Shop transmogs comes into play there. Delve into the ancient wilderness, face off with the locals, find the treasure.
    • Some islands might have small colonies of shipwrecked sailors, or perhaps little villages of pygmies or whatever.
    • Dragonriding could translate into something similar to what they had in Avatar: The Way of Water, with water-inspired mounts that can both fly and dive into the sea for an uninterrupted "flying" experience.
    • King Triton-like character introduced?
    • Explore the elemental domain of water for the first time? Only one we haven't been to, afaik. Water is heavily linked to the theme of "life" in most media. Would fit well after visiting the Emerald Dream, and perhaps when we're also trying to save Azeroth from the Void.
    • Could Tel'abim be involved? Retconned to be west of Kalimdor perhaps? Or does all this take place east of Kalimdor maybe?
    • The ultimate antagonist could, of course, be Queen Azshara and her Naga, working with the Void. Their stronghold or palace might be near the Maelstrom again, only this time a super-charged version of Nazjatar.

Edit:

Mermaids even have lore from BfA: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mermaid
    I would love this honestly. Add in plunder island and the actual sense of exploring the south seas!

Boat content of some kind is backed up by the updated Nelf and Belf boats in the files that have yet to appear in Dragonflight.

Maybe Avaloren is Atlantis, and that's why it's hard to get there/debris wash up?

They get PR training for stuff exactly like this. So that they can point at it after and be like "here we said this". I know they've broken this a few times in the past, but that's the gist of it.

Especially Ion does this very well since he used to be a lawyer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Boat content of some kind is backed up by the updated Nelf and Belf boats in the files that have yet to appear in Dragonflight.

Maybe Avaloren is Atlantis, and that's why it's hard to get there/debris wash up?
    There is also the 'new water' that is in the cinematic for Exiles reach. That could be some early work for how the sea would look.
    The true South Sea expansion.

Jinyu v2 popping up in the Character Race database this expansion, plus the new fish mount, also point to it. I hope that's not the entirety of the new expansion but it would make a lot of sense if the new areas were all the remaining islands on Azeroth.

I'm still hoping for Cata 2, but instead of the new zones being hidden Azeroth zones and elemental planes its islands.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-08-09 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    [...] despite the fact Azeroth herself is a Titan [...]
    Are we so sure about that, these days?

I feel like Azeroth's Titan identity might just be from the POV of the Titan Pantheon. They travel around the cosmos and discover World-souls. They shape and transform the potential World-souls/Planets they come across in their image, shaping the land by the laws of Order and influencing the World-soul slumbering within. From their POV, there is only one true path, only one correct outcome - the one they are seeking to establish. They are of Order, after all. Thinking of things in black and white is kind of their whole schtick. They're almost like some kind of computer algorithm. Just think of all that Brann Bronzebeard content with datapads and code and stuff.

But in reality, World-souls might just be their own thing. Incredibly potent celestial beings, with latent powers that theoretically could be used to win the Cosmic War, if you're willing to use it.

The Burning Legion just wanted to break shit, because Disorder is literally chaotic. (Isn't it ironic how they kept forming these perfect military batallions with an ordetly hierarchy? I'm sure that's Sargeras' Titan legacy shining through, and not a Demonic trait.)

The Jailer, by hijacking Death, wanted to use our World-soul as a gigabattery to reshape the Cosmos. Maybe he figured Void was on the path to victory and couldn't be beaten.

The Void wants to slurp the World-soul up and turn it into a Void Lord or a Dark Titan or something like that. Maybe the absence of the World-soul within the planet is meant to represent a literal void. A hollow heart, where something once was.

The Titans, as hinted at earlier, want to turn it into a Titan. Perhaps just just any Titan. The Last Titan. The One to shape the universe according to the plan.

Not really sure what Life or the Wild Gods want. Is Elune a being of Life or Light? Maybe we'll find out more in 10.2.

The Light probably has something similar to Order in mind. Only perhaps less robotic and more along the lines of some megachurch where people spend all day celebrating the Light, do not think for themselves, and are just awash in lovely, beautiful, radiant light. Question it and get stoned to death. I'm not sure if they want to use the World-soul to achieve this. Maybe they're more interested in the inhabitants of Azeroth, new children to the flock?
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-08-09 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Are we so sure about that, these days?

I feel like Azeroth's Titan identity might just be from the POV of the Titan Pantheon. They travel around the cosmos and discover World-souls. They shape and transform the potential World-souls/Planets they come across in their image, shaping the land by the laws of Order and influencing the World-soul slumbering within. From their POV, there is only one true path, only one correct outcome - the one they are seeking to establish. They are of Order, after all. Thinking of things in black and white is kind of their whole schtick. They're almost like some kind of computer algorithm. Just think of all that Brann Bronzebeard content with datapads and code and stuff.

But in reality, World-souls might just be their own thing. Incredibly potent celestial beings, with latent powers that theoretically could be used to win the Cosmic War, if you're willing to use it.

The Burning Legion just wanted to break shit, because Disorder is literally chaotic.

The Jailer, by hijacking Death, wanted to use our World-soul as a gigabattery to reshape the Cosmos. Maybe he figured Void was on the path to victory and couldn't be beaten.

The Void wants to slurp the World-soul up and turn it into a Void Lord or a Dark Titan or something like that.

The Titans, as hinted at earlier, wants to turn it into a Titan. Perhaps just just any Titan. The Last Titan. The One to shape the universe according to the plan.

Not really sure what Life or the Wild Gods want. Is Elune a being of Life or Light? Maybe we'll find out more in 10.2.

The Light probably has something similar to Order in mind. Only perhaps less robotic and more along the lines of some megachurch where people spend all day celebrating the Light, do not think for themselves, and are just awash in lovely, beautiful, radiant light. Question it and get stoned to death.
    She's still called a Titan. Unless you want to retcon Legion stuff, and Battle for Azeroth. Like no She's a Titan we all know this.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-08-09 at 08:18 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think Azeroth wasn't always a titan but by now she is.

She's still called a Titan. Unless you want to retcon Legion stuff, and Battle for Azeroth. Like no She's a Titan we all know this.
    Not saying you're wrong, I just can't recall it for myself. Do you have any sources I could look at?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Azeroth wasn't always a titan but by now she is.
    A possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I would love this honestly. Add in plunder island and the actual sense of exploring the south seas!
    Heck yeah.

I could even see Undermine being part of it. Like, one of the remote islands we visit in a patch is actually Kezan, because we want to explore Undermine and find out what's going on underneath of it. Maybe we could access an Earth elemental plane from there.

Jinyu v2 popping up in the Character Race database this expansion, plus the new fish mount, also point to it. I hope that's not the entirety of the new expansion but it would make a lot of sense if the new areas were all the remaining islands on Azeroth.

I'm still hoping for Cata 2, but instead of the new zones being hidden Azeroth zones and elemental planes its islands.
    What was the Jinyu thing? I missed that.

Yeah, would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=397850...-player-tester

This and maybe a few other things with Jinyu 2.0 mentioned were found in the files. Player Tester sounds kind of obvious now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    For the record, it seems highly unlikely it's anything 11.0 related since it's in 10.0 data.

I was wondering if I had forgotten something, but I don't remember seeing that at all. Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    For the record, it seems highly unlikely it's anything 11.0 related since it's in 10.0 data.
    It could definitely be testing/files for 11.0, same as how the belf boat is 10.0 data but so far unrelated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying you're wrong, I just can't recall it for myself. Do you have any sources I could look at?
    Some of the before you enter the Legion questing you go to Ulduar and such with Magni and Khadgar and you learn she is communicating with him and the revelation is that Azeroth is a Titan. This is after the Broken Shore defeat. I think its forgotten because its become skippable. This is the most recent confirmation outside of Chronicle which came out before Legion.

'm
    still hoping for Cata 2, but instead of the new zones being hidden Azeroth zones and elemental planes its islands.

The Elemental Planes being in sync with the physical world instead of a separate plane...I take it?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Them checking things into the wrong branch is usually how these kind of things leak, fwiw.

I think the new mount also had a reference to the Jinyu, but that might have changed? Or I hallucinated it. It being a Koi fish is telling though.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...117676544?s=46

It has an alternate icon that implies it will be used again.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-08-09 at 08:46 PM.

Some of the before you enter the Legion questing you go to Ulduar and such with Magni and Khadgar and you learn she is communicating with him and the revelation is that Azeroth is a Titan. This is after the Broken Shore defeat. I think its forgotten because its become skippable. This is the most recent confirmation outside of Chronicle which came out before Legion.
    Thanks!

I can't be bothered to look through the dialogue right now, but I think it's fair to take anything we've learned with Brann and Magni, or inside various Titan vaults and through their computers, with a grain of salt these days. Not saying it's all wrong, but it could be slightly misleading since they consider the World-soul's only future to be that of a Titan. It's also possible, like the other posted said, that the World-soul has undergone quite a bit of Titan influence over the years, so her dreams might be quite shaped by that.