If there is another continent and a new civilization, I wonder if they have a different perspective of the Titans and the Cosmic forces.

Dragonflight seems to be preparing us to break our beliefs about the Titans and try to think differently. Don't succumb to despair like Sargeras or the Primals, but find another way. Maybe Nozdormu finds out that becoming Murozond is a necessary evil.

I get the druids of the flame can just be fyrakk focused
    But hear me out:

Fyrakk is possibly the strongest being in terms of fire power now and the druids of the flame were chill in the firelands loving some ragnaros power.

Currently the new firelord as we are told in a BfA item is a ragnaros supporter and looking to bring him back and possibly shadowflame is that answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    If there is another continent and a new civilization, I wonder if they have a different perspective of the Titans and the Cosmic forces.

Dragonflight seems to be preparing us to break our beliefs about the Titans and try to think differently. Don't succumb to despair like Sargeras or the Primals, but find another way. Maybe Nozdormu finds out that becoming Murozond is a necessary evil.
    Until they say otherwise my guess on Murozond is the Titans ideal timeline(Not Ulderoth) has Nozdormu being Murozond and what he does is good for Titans(Perhaps not good for the aspects and such and well short term negative for Azeroth). I.E. Murozond is an acceptable casuality to the Titans. Not a fan of the "Titans are shady" arc but what I just said is believable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post

Tbf here, Frontier does have separate meanings. One definition has Frontier as a thing which separates 2 countries/continents (This could be linked to the EK and Kalimdor AKA the Old World), and the other definition equates to an unknown region beyond our borders (This could be linked with the backside of Azeroth). Regardless, assuming this is true, we can definitely see one or the other.
    I know but I don't see the first definition lending itself to a revamp. It feels too much of a stretch to me. Feels very much like a "I want to believe so everything is colored that way" sort of thing to me.

We'll see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    I get the druids of the flame can just be fyrakk focused
    But hear me out:

Fyrakk is possibly the strongest being in terms of fire power now and the druids of the flame were chill in the firelands loving some ragnaros power.

Currently the new firelord as we are told in a BfA item is a ragnaros supporter and looking to bring him back and possibly shadowflame is that answer
    Actually, ever since the Dark Iron acquisition quest to unlock them, the new Firelord suddenly vanished when the Cult of Ragneros came in, so we have no idea what he's doing or why the Druids of the Flame are involved with Fyrakk trying to attack this new world tree...

My only guess for why the Druids of the Flame are involved could be out of revenge for us killing Staghelm in the Firelands. (I say this because Staghelm was the original architect for Darnassus and Teldrassil.. he was the one responsible for growing both Teldrassil and Vordrassil, but at the result of causing a corruption within the Dream that would kickstart the Emerald Nightmare. So his followers would try to burn down this new tree out of revenge towards Tyrande and Malfurion for disrespecting Staghelm and his work.)
    Last edited by Woggmer; 2023-08-20 at 01:11 AM.

Putting my hat into the ring as well for next expansion being us sailing to a new world/unknown frontier. I think the diplomat transmog is definitely a clue.

Exploration, new cultures, our own ships, pirates etc I see as the main themes.

It’s funny, I remember a several hundred pages back, lots of people in this thread were shitting on the idea of a heavy pirate themed expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pirates still don't interest me, but thats different to "new world" theme.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pirates still don't interest me, but thats different to "new world" theme.
    I think they’d go pretty hand in hand. If there’s a new world with new riches to be had, then pirates are going to be making their way there.

Plus it’s already been seeded in in-game lore that Nightsquall is amassing the worlds largest pirate fleet to make sail for Avaloren - which is more than likely our new world.

Just have to face it, if we’re getting a new frontier exploration then we’re getting pirates. And as has been said numerous times, pirates aren’t just cartoonish caricatures that you see across some media.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW finna get it's own Mayflower fr fr lmaooo

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine the whole expac being the Cosmic Influences and guys of the Alliance and the Horde tryna provide manifest destiny, and conquer both the new territory, as well as the indigenous life within it.
    I won’t lie. I understood zero of this.

So the cat mount IIRC was Alexstraza related when revealed

What's up with this fish mount?

Imagine the Void tryna spread its influence, or Order tryna spread it's influence, imagine Light fanatics going all crazy there and whatnot, imagine Life and Death fanatics going about shit, or even Demons tryna cause havoc across the new land. Just a whole calvary of chaos while the Heroes have to protect the land and its people from total conquest.

Imagine the forces of the Alliance and Horde also doing shit akin to this as well, or even becoming allies with the people there and whatnot. Some American expedition type shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Prolly something we could see from the natives of the land beyond the waves?
    I can’t imagine we’d need to protect them. If the land is Avaloren then the locals have beaten back several of Odyn’s previous expeditions there. To the point now where Odyn has told other Titanforged to avoid going there. If they’re making easy work of Titanforged, then they’re either a lot more powerful than us or at the very least, on par with us.

I’m still going with my theory that the Avaloren denizens are elemental themed races that reject Order, Void, Fel etc. Completely new races that both represent and revere Earth, Water, Fire, Air & Spirit magic.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-08-20 at 01:37 AM.

I'm not sure if Frontier and the new buildings would relate to building settlements on a new land for two reasons:

1) We just did this "wowzer new land!" with Dragonflight. Technically there's some of this with every new landmass but this would be very repetitive.

2) Blizzard, and especially MODERN Blizzard, would not like to do an expansion about settling/colonizing new land.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    It’s funny, I remember a several hundred pages back, lots of people in this thread were shitting on the idea of a heavy pirate themed expansion.
    Maybe there's a fear it would be too close to BfA? Kul Tiras (at least Tiragarde) was clearly pirate-themed. I personally don't mind another expansion on the topic but I wonder how they would do it in such a way that's still pirate-related while not exactly the same as KT.

The tmog could indeed be a clue, it looks more "conquistador-y" than pirate to me (think Commodore Norrington rather than Jack Sparrow), compared to BfA pirates but it still fits the theme and you can easily use them together. There are loads of places Blizz could use like Plunder Isle or Tel'Abim (their location would need to be changed but I trust Blizz can do that ). I think the koi fish mount, which looks more Jinyu than Naga to me, is also a clue. Anyway, the "pirate-sea-naga-exploration-void" is what I believe we'll see.

On another note, I do not think we'll have an Azeroth facelift although it's probably needed at this point. If we ever get one, it would most likely be a refresh of the old zones with new but self-contained storylines so that it can serve as a basis for the future and for new players rather than being related to an event/character such as the Cataclysm/Deathwing. That way, old zones don't need to be related to the current main story every time. A little phasing here and there would certainly be needed of course but that must be doable without much of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    Maybe there's a fear it would be too close to BfA? Kul Tiras (at least Tiragarde) was clearly pirate-themed. I personally don't mind another expansion on the topic but I wonder how they would do it in such a way that's still pirate-related while not exactly the same as KT.
    You're misremembering them as being far bigger than they really were. Stormsong and Drustvar had only some minor side areas featuring them, with no presence in the Alliance campaign there, which is about as much pirate presence as Zandalar has. And while Tiragarde featured them more prominently, they were mostly acting as Ashvanes brutes. You could easily run a thematically much different story that focus more on pirates being pirates (whether the romantic or more realistic ones) rather than lawless mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're misremembering them as being far bigger than they really were. Stormsong and Drustvar had only some minor side areas featuring them, with no presence in the Alliance campaign there, which is about as much pirate presence as Zandalar has. And while Tiragarde featured them more prominently, they were mostly acting as Ashvanes brutes.
    Tiragarde was certainly their home but to me, even scattered camps here and there in Drustvar/Stormsong is something. You can't have the whole 3 zones looking like Boralus/Freehold anyway I feel like their presence was noticeable in each zone even though they were sometimes less present in more remote areas (like the forest or the big mountains in Drustvar). The tidesages were part of Kul Tiran culture too despite them not really being pirate-y.

Regarding their affiliation, I don't think it matters much. In a zone with many pirates, them being friends or foes doesn't change the fact that there are many around. As I said in the post: I am currently wondering how Blizz would implement them, I'm not saying they can't do it Again, they can easily use both KT pirates and others at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You could easily run a thematically much different story that focus more on pirates being pirates (whether the romantic or more realistic ones) rather than lawless mercenaries.
    You sure could, I even suggested so

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Actually, ever since the Dark Iron acquisition quest to unlock them, the new Firelord suddenly vanished when the Cult of Ragneros came in, so we have no idea what he's doing or why the Druids of the Flame are involved with Fyrakk trying to attack this new world tree...

My only guess for why the Druids of the Flame are involved could be out of revenge for us killing Staghelm in the Firelands. (I say this because Staghelm was the original architect for Darnassus and Teldrassil.. he was the one responsible for growing both Teldrassil and Vordrassil, but at the result of causing a corruption within the Dream that would kickstart the Emerald Nightmare. So his followers would try to burn down this new tree out of revenge towards Tyrande and Malfurion for disrespecting Staghelm and his work.)
    I reckon the reasoning is they just see Fyrakk as their new Ragnaros. Only difference being one is a Dragon lol other than that they both just want to destroy stuff.

I want my Peter pan reference

A seafarer/pirate expansion so close to BFA would be really lame.

I hope they manage to make something more interesting.

I still remember some people thinking how the system in Argus with the Vindicaar being able to be moved about in a fashion was a precursor to some sort of boat system.

Sadly didn't seem to.

I'm happy either way, to be honest.

Travel to X and enjoy a Conquistador / Pirate / Japanese / Mermaid / Naga / exploration based expansion (or whatever the theme ends up being), or rediscover Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms after a large change has taken place. Both seem fun, and they each have the potential to really reinvigorate the game.

My only question is if all the leaked assets truly fit into an expansion about exploration. Don't airship towers, gunships, Elven ships, Dwarven tanks, Hearthstone taverns, Ironforge guard armour, etc. sort of diverge from that theme of exploration? Seems like something an already established and orderly society would have.

Or are we coming at them hard? Is it a type of deal where we first travel to a place and explore it, and then like MoP's Landfall patch the cavalry arrives to wage war on what we found? Maybe.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-08-20 at 05:20 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Sounds like a code word for a revamp, tbh. As in, the border between two eras of Azeroth.
    Classic example of "we see what we want to see". xD Member Living World?