Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    With all the focus going to be on the dream etc, do you think we could see a Druid only legendary in the next raid? Thematically it fits and would be the same direction of legendarys with the Sylv bow and Drac
    If the patch is really focussed on the emerald dream its possible. Could also be heavily ice and fire themed. Then a shaman legendary would make sense too. Really hard to tell because we have no idea about 10.2 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    If the patch is really focussed on the emerald dream its possible. Could also be heavily ice and fire themed. Then a shaman legendary would make sense too. Really hard to tell because we have no idea about 10.2 yet.
    Something for Shamans? How very optimistic.

I suppose they might if Shamans get a talent rework in 10.2.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I'm hoping we get totem customization. I'd like to use Venthyr or Valkyr totems. But who'd guess shamans for every race is actually more likely than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Not really. I don't think they care about shamans actually.

What i was trying to say was that while the Emerald dream is very druidic we have no idea in what context we will see it or how prominent it will be until we get some 10.2 info.
    They could also reuse the nightmare and suddenly a shadow legendary would make sense.
    Probably no love for shamans, they where simply the first example i could think of.

there was a mount that had some tie to alexstraza

the wavewhisker mount description from shop
    Slide into the saddle and ride the waves astride the Wondrous Wavewhisker mount, a fintastical fish that will take you on a mesmerizing journey around Azeroth and beyond.
    description in game
    they say one of these magical fish is born when a fisherfolk dreams of the one that got away...and grows bigger with each retelling of the tale

now based on pure speculation
    1. we will be dealing with possibly japan themed stuff
    2. there will be water be it a little mermaid tale or a pirate tale it depends on what we get from 10.2
    3. possible ED connection

If they do a Japanese continent, I can see them using Ankoan (samurai, fit the Chinese to Japanese idea) and Vulpera (kitsune, unknown lore, some of them have asian names?) as some races there. Maybe a progenitor fox race that's a lot more humanoid? Would be pretty funny.

Hopefully a lot of new races (crane race that didn't make it into MOP?) but those two would make sense.

I would like them to lean heavily into the Yokai idea, they don't really do that with Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by ceveris View Post
    "dragonflight is a wonderful expansion with lots of content coming in the future - a great time to revisit azeroth."

https://twitter.com/qwik/status/1693...721015884?s=20
    "pls play our game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    If they do a Japanese continent, I can see them using Ankoan (samurai, fit the Chinese to Japanese idea) and Vulpera (kitsune, unknown lore, some of them have asian names?) as some races there. Maybe a progenitor fox race that's a lot more humanoid? Would be pretty funny.

Hopefully a lot of new races (crane race that didn't make it into MOP?) but those two would make sense.

I would like them to lean heavily into the Yokai idea, they don't really do that with Mists.
    it would fit for a few reasons also allows the monk remake because why do we have 4 celestials but only 3 specs??

the jinyu always seemed to be meant for being a race back in MoP we got the quest to train one as a pally

give me the jinyu and heck even hozen
    give me iridikron coming in and becoming a tyrant behind their leader who is chill with it because of the promise of power and we come in and slowly retake the land

I would live for a Japan-inspired expansion! It would be absolutely fantastic

You could also do a Drogbar/Troll offshoot of Oni. Basically more proportionate Drogbar with red skin, maybe a demon influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I would live for a Japan-inspired expansion! It would be absolutely fantastic
    If we go to Avaloren, Blizzard might mix the traditional japanese culture with the technological advancements typical of many animes. It would be pretty cool. Also tinkers, of course.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceveris View Post
    I can see a species of humanoid fox taller and slender than vulpera for the horde, and jinyu for the alliance. It would be good ^^
    While I really like faction races for the added diversity, I can see them doing all new races being neutral.

Oof, don't remind me how much I want a Japanese / water / islands expansion.

How about this...

Something goes bad in 10.3. Really bad. Presumably, most of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms has come under siege from Queen Azshara. Working with the Harbinger and Iridikron, she used the Void Soul artifact to strike. A darkness covers the land, and Naga as well as Void creatures invade our shores. (Don't worry, it's still possible to play there if you talk to a Bronze dragon NPC to enter a different phase. In fact, you might be given a special item by Nozdormu to be able to change phases at a whim from now on.)

We're on the Dragon Isles, which is where the disaster happened (in Tyrhold), and we need to set sail quickly to find Avaloren. That's basically Tyr's final message to us. "Look for Innaria. Find her in Uldaz. It is your only ..."

The two closest capital cities are Amirdrassil and Silvermoon, protected by the combined might of the five dragonflights for the time being. So Alliance players set sail with Night Elven ships, and Horde players with Blood Elven ships, from the Dragon Isles in a north-easterly direction. We sail alongside the Pirate Armada, almost like Privateers since the Horde and Alliance were incapacitated.

As we travel aboard these ships and eventually reach the shores of Avaloren, the world map changes to a new one, just as big as the traditional one. You've reached the legendary other side of Azeroth. If you open your World Map, you'll see mostly fog of war, with Avaloren being the only continent visible on the map. It sits relatively far north on the map, pretty much the same latitude as Kul Tiras or the Broken Isles. That's where our ships land, after a perilous journey in which we fought great sea creatures sent by Azshara, and navigated treacherous waters.

Looking closer, you can see that Avaloren is an archipelago with a couple of really big islands (inspired by Japan) and a bunch of smaller ones.

This is our first refuge from Azshara's Wrath, and our temporary home for the expansion. We encounter a new type of Jinyu/Ankoan, merfolk, strange koi fish, and all sorts of creatures. One of these islands is the primary island of the archipelago, and the one called Avaloren. It's basically the size of two or three large zones, with all the other islands collectively forming about two additional zones. The region looks and feels a bit like Pandaria, but they've made great efforts to distinguish it enough that it feels like its own place. Way more water-based content. Doesn't go hardcore with Japanese culture the way Pandaria did with Chinese culture, but you'll still find a few typical references like Blademasters, Koi fish ponds, cherry blossom orchards, etc. Beautiful snow-capped mountains, lush grassy fields and dense forests on the main islands.

This is where we'll uncover Uldaz and the secrets resting within. For only the "Heretics", once powerful members of Odyn's Titanforged army, have the knowledge and the weaponry to take on Queen Azshara. They are stern and battle-hardened warriors, unyielding in battle but honourable and just. The entire culture seems a bit unwelcoming at first, but we quickly come to learn that they are not the savages Odyn portrayed them to be. They just thought differently from the rest of the Titanforged. Some of them even display the same characteristics as those on our side of the world who suffered the Curse of Flesh. They've become... alive.

The pirates will unexpectedly become a valuable ally as well, in taking on the Naga. "These be our seas, yarr!"

A meta campaign that lasts throughout the expansion will task us with aiding Thrall in calming and stabilising the world's elements, which are in turmoil since Azshara's strike. This will feel like a perilous adventure, and we'll visit lots of places around the world. Avaloren has a particularly strong connection to the plane of water, which we've never entered before. Well, we're about to now.

Eventually, we're able to dispell Azshara's magic and push her back to K'aresh, which is where we'll end her campaign to conquer Azeroth. Xal'atath, however, turns out to be a fifth Old God. Now restored and rejuvenated with the essences stored within the Void Soul artifact, she becomes our final foe of the expansion. As it turns out, she last resided underneath Avaloren, but since her brethren killed her and stole her essence many aeons ago, she didn't even leave a lingering influence over the land like Y'Shaarj had done in Pandaria. Except... some of its creatures became alive.

She's about to wake up Azeroth's world-soul so that it reaches its full power, only to slurp it up and become a Void Lord herself.

But we stop her, and leading up to 12.0, we get our revamp of the old world. Plus, we've now got an entire new side of Azeroth to continue exploring for many years to come, in what Blizzard considers a new era in Warcraft lore.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-08-20 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    "I want a Japanese expansion"

You got your Chinese/Japanese expac already I.E Pandaria.
    Chinese/Japanese isn't a thing, they split the cultures in basically all MMOs. Pandaria had little to no Japanese influence and while there are some Shinto elements to the Night Elves they are mostly Korean.

Japanese culture is huge in the west so it will inevitably be used in WoW.

If this isn't satire it explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Something goes bad in 10.3. Really bad. Presumably, most of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms has come under siege from Queen Azshara. Working with the Harbinger and Iridikron, she used the Void Soul artifact to strike.
    Azshara wouldn't want to work with anybody if she can help it. And Iridikron doesn't want to rule anything he just wants to kill the titans. But otherwise this is a solid idea. Iridikron's plan seems to be originally Neltharion's & Azshara knows about it: Iridikron just beat her to it.

Elune-oriented rabbit race is still a likely thing per Japanese mythology.

Also setup is there with the Virmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Azshara wouldn't want to work with anybody if she can help it. And Iridikron doesn't want to rule anything he just wants to kill the titans. But otherwise this is a solid idea. Iridikron's plan seems to be originally Neltharion's & Azshara knows about it: Iridikron just beat her to it.
    I appreciate the kind words. Although, doesn't the Naga manifesto thingie from the Forbidden Reach strongly link the two together?

"The Harbinger speaks of a primal power that seeks the end of Order. Such rage can be bent to serve our ends.

A hunger lost to the ages will be reclaimed.

A dark heart left broken awaits the taking.

When these things come to pass, the Harbinger will fulfill the final prophecy and complete the awakening.

Only then shall our Queen return to reign over sea and sky and earth. We must make ready.

Rise, rise! Soon all that was hidden will be revealed."

Chinese/Japanese isn't a thing, they split the cultures in basically all MMOs. Pandaria had little to no Japanese influence and while there are some Shinto elements to the Night Elves they are mostly Korean.
    I was just about to say this, but there are a few Japanese designs in MoP: Some of the armor ends up being entirely Samurai-inspired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I appreciate the kind words. Although, doesn't the Naga manifesto thingie from the Forbidden Reach strongly link the two together?
    Only in the way I already explained: Azshara already discovered Neltharian's plan & Iridikron just beat her to it. If not wouldn't we have already seen Naga helping the Primalists? They're not working together.

As in, they put that note in there to establish that this plan with the "void soul" has existed for 10,000 years, but Neltharian never got to finish it; It's just been waiting for whomever got to the bottom of Aberrus first.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-08-20 at 05:57 PM.

You got your cosmic expansion in Legion