Personally feel like any subtitle with "Re-" in it should be avoided if only because they tend to feel really overused (though Renascence isn't). Rebirth, Revolutions, Revived, etc.

It’s definitely a viable name for a revamp expansion.
    @Hitei has debunked a few logos so hopefully they can give us some insight here.

What is the source for the logo @Lazarel?

1+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Yes, it's the Void

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    @Hitei has debunked a few logos so hopefully they can give us some insight here.

Problem is the word isn't exactly widely known, even though it's just a corruption of Renessaince. Most non-native speakers probably never saw it before.

The logo isn't even trying to look remotely similar to existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post

Immediate redflag from this texturing stuff

AI generated crap does stuff like this a lot, ditto the weird sort of voxel-looking shaping of everything.

Extremely unlikely they'd use a relatively obscure word such as "renascence", most people are going to read it and go either "what does that mean?" or "did they misspell renaissance?". I also feel like no shot they include something as wildly phallic as that top arrow in a logo and while Dragonflight departed from some of the traditional points of a WoW logo, I don't see them just completely abandoning both the logo shape and the traditional balancing of the text--this "world of" looks absolutely terrible, it's not centered well and I can't see them going from the slim font to this awkward bold.

Also as before, logos have not been vague in design since like Wrath. They involve the expansion thematics, wings on DF's the oribos/maw aesthetics and skulls on SL, Felfire green for Legion, etc. This one is just stuff throw on the background.

I'd call it a pretty easy dismiss.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2023-08-20 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Problem is the word isn't exactly widely known, even though it's just a corruption of Renessaince. Most non-native speakers probably never saw it before.

That’s my thought too. The logo doesn’t seem very evocative of an expansion that would be focused on rebirth too. It looks very war like.

I think it is interesting to think about what could be on the other side of Azeroth that made the Titans pretend it doesn't even exist. Perhaps it was something that was at the same time too powerful for them to defeat/order and too inconvenient for their narrative so they just locked it away? It reminds me of the Neltharions notes about the advancements of the Black Empire. Perhaps it is some sort of remnant of that? They realized that killing the old gods was not an option, so they went around imprisoning them... What if the last old god was too powerful to be locked away, so they needed to block the entire half of the globe?
    Or perhaps the Titans made some sort of a deal with the fifth old God, a truce? Absolutely insane idea - what if Elune is some sort of an Old God that betrayed the other ones and cooperated with the Titans. This could explain the Elune-based pillar of eternity, and why the temple of Elune is placed right where the battle of K'Tahnth took place. Of course, it does not seem to fit Elune being the sister of Winter Queen, but... Elune always seemed to exist across different cosmic powers so there might be some explanation for that.

Either way, that could be a way to have a "Black Empire" expansion without time travel.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, are most people here hoping for an "outside of Azeroth", other side of Azeroth, or "other" type of expansion for 11.0?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I'm curious, are most people here hoping for an "outside of Azeroth", other side of Azeroth, or "other" type of expansion for 11.0?
    Avaloren whatever that is I would guess as an expansion. No idea what else they could do. I might know in 10.3
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ceveris View Post
    Exactly, it strikes. It's a pretty good marketing strategy. People will re-read it many times and as soon as they see or hear this term, they will instinctively think of World of Warcraft. The designer did a good job.
    You don't want your customers to go "huh, what?". It also utterly fails at communicating what the expansion is about. That's the opposite of a good job.

And the logo is a far to abrupt departure. Even DF's still has very distinctive similarities, this one is almost completely different and very oddly rendered. It's not remotely credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I would like to see a World Revamp expansion, but since that is 99% confirmed to not happen at this point, I only hope the factions or the playable races are deeply involved in the main plot, I don't care about the setting, but I would like to see playable races settlements in whatever the new land might be, and a couple or hopefully some characters from the playable races having leading roles in the coming story/plot.

Something like this:

Spoiler: 

Alliance and Horde characters taking the leading roles and working together to defeat a common enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

More rally and objective goals, and less, way less, emotions and gray plots.

Light working its way up into cold iron is a nice way to aesthetically represent a Light and Void conflict. I think it's fake though, mostly for the name.

So will blizz be making an appearance at gamescon?

If they do then I'm sure they'll announce 10.2.

We have remains of all 4 previous old gods in some form somewhere
    Yogg= blood
    Ysharjj= heart (yes its still a thing)
    Nzoth= whatever is in the knife
    Cthun= idk actually might be wrong

Then there is the flesh we kick into the void

5 torches

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    The heart was completely drained at the end of MoP
    Just saw that
    I'm now thinking about alleria saying after we beat N'Zoth there are more whispers

What if old gods are literally just scouts and if they are defeated they reform together in the void.

I'm still 100% convinced Xal is #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

Xal'atath is not the Harbinger. Her return is at one point referred to as "a harbinger," which is just a colloquialism that means "a bad omen" but they're not the same thing. Why would Neltharian use a wormhole to communicate with someone whom, at that time, was already on Azeroth? Why would he design an artifact to bring someone to Azeroth if that person was already here when he made it? That doesn't make sense. Xal'atath & The Harbinger are two different entities.That note appears in game before Iridikron is even free from his prison. So you obviously shouldn't assume they're already talking about him. They're talking about the Harbinger.

If Xal'atath opened a portal on her own to leave Azeroth in BFA, why would it require an artifact or the power of Galakrond for her to come back? Why would her return to Azeroth convince the Titans to return, if she was already here when they left? These are all the reasons the "Xal is the Harbinger" theory makes no seanse.
    You can see her silhouette clearly through the portal. She is the Harbinger.

What 'note' are you referring to?

I don't see why you're assuming the Harbinger can't enter Azeroth. We know Azshara took off into space to deal directly with the Void. It is possible the Harbinger followed her. It is also possible the Harbinger is chilling at an inn somewhere in Elwynn forest. The fact that Iridikron approaches her through a portal doesn't mean she's far away from Azeroth AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    You can see her silhouette clearly through the portal. She is the Harbinger.
    That is just an elf's silhouette, it could just as easily be Azshara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That is just an elf's silhouette, it could just as easily be Azshara.
    The silhouette looks like that of Xal'atath, not Queen Azshara. It could not "just as easily" be hers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

And is renessaince a corruption of Renaissance? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The silhouette looks like that of Xal'atath, not Queen Azshara. It could not "just as easily" be hers.
    It still doesn't, it looks more Night Elf. Besides, Xal'atath's model is just a generic High/Blood/Void elf one, so that isn't particularly helpfull anyway. It could be any of several hundred elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    And is renessaince a corruption of Renaissance? ;D
    No, that's just me being tired.