The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    AFAIK he has not been mentioned at all.

Thematically Chromatus would work really well for a last boss but the plot/buildup isn't there yet.
    yeah, that seems to be most frustrating for me, the new team cherypick what they want from old lore, but mostly want to do their own new thing, i get it why, but i don't like still. Imo the chromatic dragonflight should be the real enemies with cromatus at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, that seems to be most frustrating for me, the new team cherypick what they want from old lore, but mostly want to do their own new thing, i get it why, but i don't like still. Imo the chromatic dragonflight should be the real enemies with cromatus at the top.
    The chromatic would've worked well for this expansion but I think they went with an elemental/twilight-ish cult as the villains to keep it from being entirely dragons v dragons.

I gotta say that even if the story was better I'd get sick of seeing dragons if it was solely that.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I want out of the Dream is a final confirmation on what's up with Grell and whether or not they are Imps, or even related to Trolls.

1+ Year Old Account
    You know what’s really got me excited? The fact that we are SO CLOSE to a constant stream of content. Once 10.2 gets announced/10.1.7 releases, it’s full steam ahead basically all the way to 11.0. From 10.2 speculation, to 10.1.7 conversation, 11.0 news at Blizzcon, speculation on 11.0, Alpha/Beta for 11.0, not to mention any other content patches of Dragonflight. I am so excited right now!

10+ Year Old Account
    The chromatic would've worked well for this expansion but I think they went with an elemental/twilight-ish cult as the villains to keep it from being entirely dragons v dragons.

I gotta say that even if the story was better I'd get sick of seeing dragons if it was solely that.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I want out of the Dream is a final confirmation on what's up with Grell and whether or not they are Imps, or even related to Trolls.
    Perhaps but sometimes not using Dragons is kinda silly in an expansion called "DRAGONFLIGHT"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

1+ Year Old Account
    At “worst”, this week is a dead week and the LAST week without any news/content to speculate about because the following week is 100% 10.1.7, then 10.2 right after. At “best”, we get a 10.2 announcement this week, then my above post is just HYPE train mode!

AFAIK he has not been mentioned at all.

Thematically Chromatus would work really well for a last boss but the plot/buildup isn't there yet.
    Well that's the thing, Chromatus was supposed to be a boss in Dragon Soul back in Cata because he had a lot of build up... but due to his design of having 5 different heads from each a different dragonflight, that wouldn't work in a technical standpoint.

Hence how Ultraxion came into the picture, whom we've never heard of up until he shows up. That was supposed to be Chromatus's appearance.

Even then, we don't know where he is because he's locked away in some arcane prison somewhere... and I'm not even sure if anyone in current Blizz is aware of Chromatus's existence. Would be nice to fight him, but I don't see it being possible unless Iridikron finds him.

I would suggest Galakrond.. but Galakrond is bigger than any other dragon.. ever. So it would just turn into another "Spine of Deathwing" kind of fight but worse.. or we'd have to go inside of him and kill whatever the source is keeping him alive which probably wouldn't work out.

Iri's concept art has him with a robeless sumo-style appearance, so I feel that will be used for his boss fight.

However I still think 4 dragons/dragonmen bosses would be overkill for one expansion. I'm still thinking it's Tyr or someone that's basically Titan/Keeper oriented.
    If we’re looking for anon-dragon, shitty Titan servants final boss, no one better fits that bill than Odyn - and as the original Prime Designate, his “death” might fire off a signal to the Titans like Loken’s did - bringing them to Iridkron as he planned. If the events of 10.2 (and .5/.7) really shift Alex toward moving the dragonflights away from Titan goals, that’d be a perfect time for captain anti-dragon to swoop in and say he “told Tyr so”.

And while seemingly not pertinent to the main plot thus far, there’s been lots of little lore bits pointing to/referencing Odyn this expansion. These being in addition to his original stated hostility to ever empowering dragons to begin with.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2023-08-27 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    If we’re looking for anon-dragon, shitty Titan servants final boss, no one better fits that bill than Odyn - and as the original Prime Designate, his “death” might fire off a signal to the Titans like Loken’s did - bringing them to Iridkron as he planned.

And while seemingly not pertinent to the main plot thus far, there’s been lots of little lore bits pointing to/referencing Odyn this expansion. These being in addition to his original stated hostility to ever empowering dragons to begin with.
    Odyn I could see being a potential threat to us since even he doesn't trust the mortals all that much. (Though granted those reports were probably made long- LONG before we help him in Legion).

And while they have hinted at the Titan Keepers being in the wrong in some level, there isn't exactly anything to gain from us going against the Titans unless either A. We learn some really forbidden knowledge... or B. Odyn pulls an "Execute Order 66" and have all the Keepers suddenly turn against us and see us as nothing but corruptions to be terminated.

If they go this route that is, and I certainly hope they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Odyn I could see being a potential threat to us since even he doesn't trust the mortals all that much. (Though granted those reports were probably made long- LONG before we help him in Legion).

And while they have hinted at the Titan Keepers being in the wrong in some level, there isn't exactly anything to gain from us going against the Titans unless either A. We learn some really forbidden knowledge... or B. Odyn pulls an "Execute Order 66" and have all the Keepers suddenly turn against us and see us as nothing but corruptions to be terminated.

If they go this route that is, and I certainly hope they don't.
    Would he “suddenly turn against us” or would he just be acting as Odyn has always acted? I mean Helya was his most loyal servant, a “daughter”, and the second she disobeyed him he literally enslaved her.
    Odyn only likes anyone when they listen to him, which we mostly did in Legion - but this is the dude who turned his back on his other Keepers for not adhering to his every whim and edict. It wouldn’t feel like it’s coming out of nowhere if Blizzard seeded some reminders of just how much of a dirt bag he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would he “suddenly turn against us” or would he just be acting as Odyn has always acted? I mean Helya was his most loyal servant, a “daughter”, and the second she disobeyed him he literally enslaved her.
    Odyn only likes anyone when they listen to him, which we mostly did in Legion - but this is the dude who turned his back on his other Keepers for not adhering to his every whim and edict. It wouldn’t feel like it’s coming out of nowhere if Blizzard seeded some reminders of just how much of a dirt bag he is.
    Thats true and I'd prefer going against Odyn then what many people are seeing as "ALL TITAN BAD" besides Azeroth herself is a Titan and it just comes off as throwing out old stuff in favor of new. Sure we might of "fought" Odyn before(twice sorta kinda) but I think one final climatic battle with Odyn would be good with all the Titan related stuff going on(And yes that is a small subplot going on in DF).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Would he “suddenly turn against us” or would he just be acting as Odyn has always acted?
    I was referring to the other Titan Keepers like Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Thorim, and any others who are still around. I'm well-aware of how much of a dirt bag Odyn is.. I'm just wondering that if he's the Prime Designate that he can directly control the other keepers and have authority over them.

Which is why if he does turn into the final boss for DF or becomes a potential boss, the biggest possibility I can imagine is that he's doing exactly as he was designed and created to do by the Titan's instructions as part of the Ordering of Azeroth... but he was too effective, similar to a machine or a HAL 9000 scenario where he puts his prime directive above everything else.

I'm fine with the idea of us having to kill Odyn, but I'm less fine with the idea of having to kill the other keepers, especially Tyr whom we've spent this whole expansion trying to reconstruct.

Edit: Come to think of it... if we end up fully finishing Tyr's construction and he invokes his authority on Alexstraza, only to get destroyed and prove right that we can't trust the Titan Keepers... then we'd just be repeating the same plot beats with Xe'ra in Legion when she tried to enforce her prophecy on Illidan, which he not only refused but destroyed her.
    Last edited by Woggmer; 2023-08-27 at 05:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to the other Titan Keepers like Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Thorim, and any others who are still around. I'm well-aware of how much of a dirt bag Odyn is.. I'm just wondering that if he's the Prime Designate that he can directly control the other keepers and have authority over them.

Which is why if he does turn into the final boss for DF or becomes a potential boss, the biggest possibility I can imagine is that he's doing exactly as he was designed and created to do by the Titan's instructions as part of the Ordering of Azeroth... but he was too effective, similar to a machine or a HAL 9000 scenario where he puts his prime directive above everything else.

I'm fine with the idea of us having to kill Odyn, but I'm less fine with the idea of having to kill the other keepers, especially Tyr whom we've spent this whole expansion trying to reconstruct.
    Yeah. Besides that, the titan sub-plot would have fit as a side raid (like Aberrus, or Ulduar) or mega-dungeon, not as 10.3 raid. I still think 10.2. will be the final raid story wise (just as Sepulcher was), with 10.3 giving us a chill fated season with new open world content, races and some more holiday refreshs and 11.0 in early summer.

New Expansion > dragging out the current one with another (propper) raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah. Besides that, the titan sub-plot would have fit as a side raid (like Aberrus, or Ulduar) or mega-dungeon, not as 10.3 raid. I still think 10.2. will be the final raid story wise (just as Sepulcher was), with 10.3 giving us a chill fated season with new open world content, races and some more holiday refreshs and 11.0 in early summer.

New Expansion > dragging out the current one with another (propper) raid tier.
    That wouldn't be "dragging" the new expansion out. We barely scratched at DF as an expansion. Fated Season isn't nearly as engaging as people think it is.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That wouldn't be "dragging" the new expansion out. We barely scratched at DF as an expansion. Fated Season isn't nearly as engaging as people think it is.
    Since they will be announcing 11.0 during Blizzcon, yes it would feel like dragging out the new expansion. Especially as they would have to test both Alpha/Beta and the final patch at the same time.

A fated season with new open world content is literally the same as any other season for open world/m+/pvp players. And as a mythic raider I'm actually quite happy if we get 3-6 months of old fated "farm" content as opposed to another new raid at the end, as we will have to do raid testing on the beta anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You'd be surprised by how many in my discord are actually excited for another Fated Season when I asked them their opinion about it. I didn't see a single person not get excited about it.

Another will come, if not to pad things out until the next expansion regardless if we get a 10.3 or not.

I love Raiding as a social thing, and Fated Raids were a really cool way to go down Memory Lane as a guild, especially because difficulty-wise, they were way easier than the actual Mythic raids.

Obviously, mileage may vary for people who mostly pug.

Another will come, if not to pad things out until the next expansion regardless if we get a 10.3 or not.
    IF we get another Fated season, I think it would be in addition to 10.3 and it could, for instance, replace 10.3.7 since the link between DF and the next expansion will probably be done during 11.0 prepatch as usual.

1+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm: Released on December 7, 2010
    Patch 4.3 released on November 29, 2011
    Time between LAST PATCH and NEXT EXPANSION: 10 MONTHS

Mists of Pandaria: Released on September 25, 2012
    Patch 5.4 released on September 10, 2013
    Time between LAST PATCH and NEXT EXPANSION: 14 MONTHS

Warlords of Draenor: Released on November 13, 2014
    Patch 6.2 released on June 23, 2015
    Time between LAST PATCH and NEXT EXPANSION: 14 MONTHS

Legion: Released on August 30, 2016
    7.3 released on August 29, 2017 and 7.3.5 released on January 16, 2018
    Time between LAST PATCH and NEXT EXPANSION: 7 MONTHS (counting 7.3.5 as final patch and 12 MONTHS counting 7.3 as final patch)

Battle for Azeroth: Released on August 14, 2018
    8.3 released on January 14, 2020
    Time between LAST PATCH and NEXT EXPANSION: 10 MONTHS

Shadowlands: Released on November 23, 2020
    9.2 released on February 22, 2022 and 9.2.5 (second part-fated season) released on August 2, 2022
    Time between LAST PATCH and NEXT EXPANSION: 3-4 MONTHS (counting 9.2.5 as final patch and 9 MONTHS counting 9.2 as final patch)

Dragonflight: Released on November 28, 2022

10+ Year Old Account
    Math strikes back, I see.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Math strikes back, I see.
    What's funny is my math is correct, but Blizzard just changed how they wanted to do things. Every indicator said that 10.2 and/or 10.1.7 cinematic "should" have been announced/released last week and they weren't.

Regardless, I didn't post the dates/timelines above for math's sake. I just find it funny when people discuss when 11.0 should happen, if there should be a 10.3, does a "fated season' make sense, etc.? People love to say that Blizzard wouldn't release 11.0 with a huge amount of "dead space", though if you look above, you can clearly see what the varying degrees of "emptiness" we've experienced over the years (in most recent expansions) looks like.