Do we know anything about the promotion today? I hope it's something a little meatier than the recent ones for Ukraine and Twitch. Maybe a store mog or mount that is a clue about the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Do we know anything about the promotion today? I hope it's something a little meatier than the recent ones for Ukraine and Twitch. Maybe a store mog or mount that is a clue about the future?
    There is a purple gigaMurloc mount tied to the shop in 10.1.7, so it may be that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The store mog is for September 1st, so today can be a mount/pet/toy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There is a purple gigaMurloc mount tied to the shop in 10.1.7, so it may be that.
    Oof. Okay I guess we might find out in 2 minutes.

Hopefully that empty gap in the schedule tomorrow is meant for a surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The store mog is for September 1st, so today can be a mount/pet/toy
    That one seems cool, like a backpack of sorts.

That one seems cool, like a backpack of sorts.
    Yeah that one is VERY likely the backpack mog that was datamined.

Has there been a week in a while where there WASN'T something scheduled on a weekday? That seems odd to me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything can be more cool at this point, if we compare to the last store mog It was so ugly imo, not worth the cost

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    My question was aimed at why they don’t want Alliance conflict; because I’ve never seen them present an argument why it shouldn’t happen, only that the idea of it makes them uncomfortable for some reason.

Of course story development would need to happen to introduce conflict in the Alliance; but that’s how you develop a story - you introduce new or different elements. An event could happen that fractures the Alliance or makes them question their relations with each of the races inside of it. A new or returning character (Yrel) could be introduced to seed conflict. As has already been stated, Turalyon is still a character to watch and there is still the House of Lords to contest with in Stormwind. Whilst the ship has sailed with Tyrande, Genn and Moira there are still characters that can bring about conflict.

It’s the writers job to create the story. If they want to create conflict in the Alliance for the Warcraft narrative, then there are plenty of ways they can do it. The faction desperately needs something because they are totally vanilla and devoid of any character or identity apart from Stormwind and the colour blue.
    There are ways to seed conflict but not with the characters we currently have unless some one like Turyalon does a 180 and they throw away every that has been done with him since legion.

So yes while it is a writers job to create the story it’s a good writers job to properly set the stage and develop it properly which hasn’t happened at all.

Injecting conflict just for the sake of it with no set up is just bad writing and they’d need atleast an expan to get things ready to do it properly.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Anything can be more cool at this point, if we compare to the last store mog It was so ugly imo, not worth the cost
    I have not been a fan of any of the transmog sets, though I know people really liked that phoenix one.

I think if they sold lore-friendly race armor and weapons they would make a killing, but maybe they aren't doing that on purpose to be nice. Though..... we still don't know why they added the dwarf armor and tabard, that could be what this is.

1+ Year Old Account
    Getting the copium tanks out for my friends here. Setting yourselves up for disappointment, again (like Chromie).

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/...988106908?s=20 CINEMATIC

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    Do you remember how it went for 10.1? I think we had encrypted builds for 1 or 2 weeks before the announcement. Is that possible?
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see it revealed and dropped very close together, but not gonna dare throw a date/week out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Neat cinematic!

No big loredrop, but nice to see they are handling the Vryanoth and Fyrakk thing well and it isn't a heel turn. Also I like how they feel like proper siblings.

Fyrakk for president ¡¡

I was not expecting a confrontation this soon... I really really hope that they do not follow that path

Awesome cinematic that is for sure ¡¡

Now we only have left the cinematic about Shandris and us spying on the Incarnates, right? Tyr stuff and the heritage armors minor cinematics.

So... now that they have stated clearly in this cinematic that a confrontation is happening and that the Emerald Dream is next... 10.2 PTR tonight or tomorrow????

HYPE TRAIN LETS GOOOOOO ¡¡¡¡
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-08-29 at 05:11 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

That cinematic was really nice. As usual, it doesn't move the story forward by that much. But it was a visual treat, and the voice acting was great!

The definition of: "that escalated quickly," though.

1+ Year Old Account
    Speculation, assemble!

Only goes to show that "This week in WoW" shouldn't be trusted.

So...

Fyrakk wants a power within the new world tree.

What specific power is that? The power of life? The power of death? Elune's power? Ysera's power? The Winter Queen's power?

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Speculation, assemble!
    Only thing I can speculate is that Fyrakk is truly the final boss of 10.2, and if Vyranoth is the final boss it's gonna require something odd going on.

nothing much to speculate here really - vyranoth will go against her brother and survives or fyrakk will kill her mad with power then alex finishes fyrakk in a cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Predictable stuff. Fyrakk going apeshit due to shadowflame and Vyranoth being the one who could sway our way was the most predictable outcome.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-08-29 at 05:16 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.