1. #1341
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If game is bad or not is subjective opinion.

    But if game is rushed you have clear signs. DF was playable day 1, same with season 1 - of course there are always bugs, but let's say Legion that was like opposite of 'rushed' had ton of them as well. No zones or anything from reveal was cut. And most important, if expac is rushed, patch content is delayed. So no, if ex Blizzard dev will say that 1+1 is 4, I won't believe it either (didn't he also say that Wrath is rushed? which makes even less sense, it's basically ready content, Beta last like 2 months for these things).



    So you prefer 5 months of nothing instead small patches? Well, that's basically killed SL good press.

    EDIT: Balance of Power account wide! Now I wait only for account wide skin for 10 rated battlegrounds, so I finally will bother to do it on single character xD.
    Clear signs like the people who made it saying it was a rushed development

  2. #1342
    Acknowledging that the expansion was pushed out sooner than the development team wanted (which has been admitted verbatim by former employees) isn't mutually exclusive with still enjoying the end product and appreciating the work put in. I would consider BfA to have been rushed in several ways as well, the difference being that constituted key expansion features receiving barely any testing and gave us things like Warfronts having zero fun factor to them or Azerite armor being fundamentally broken. I much prefer DF being buggier than normal over the core systems of the game falling apart two months in. I only hope this increased content cadence and player response is being driven by a more motivated and united team, and not one being pressured into nonstop crunch.

  3. #1343
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Clear signs like the people who made it saying it was a rushed development
    A game being rushed doesn’t really mean much to rather it’s ready to launch or not every studio that uses church time is rushing development but that doesn’t mean all of the games they put out aren’t ready to lunch.

    Without further context it being rushed could just mean the staff had to church to hit the ready point or that it was put out before the ready point we have no way to know.

    Both are bad but only one is reflected on the players.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  4. #1344
    10.0.7 brings interesting stuff. I am really curious about the Zul'gurub recipes. Maybe they are reintroducing the faction? Some time travel thing? We will see.

    Primordial gems really worries me, though. We will have to see how it works, but it seems that they cannot live without adding another useless system of borrowed power for a patch, which is pretty sad. If this new system is something even remotely close to Domination Shards they are out of their fucking minds and completely out of touch with the players.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-02-01 at 06:19 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  5. #1345
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Three recolours available for each of the orc and Human heritage sets

    Huh, nice. I like how they're remembering the clans for the modern Orcs. This is something they've forgotten to acknowledge for some time. It may just be because they thought it would line up with the Mag'har Heritage Armor, but it's still nice to see.

    The conspiracy theorist in me is also oddly fixated on the specific choice of the word "scarlet". Obviously, it could be nothing and the armor is simply scarlet-colored, but it still sticks out due to the history of that word having a particular connotation on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-02-01 at 06:24 AM.

  6. #1346
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The conspiracy theorist in me is also oddly fixated on the specific choice of the word "scarlet". Obviously, it could be nothing and the armor is simply scarlet-colored, but it still sticks out due to the history of that word having a particular connotation on Azeroth.
    Given the name of the orc scenario is the Old Frostwolf it's likely it'll be about Drekthar keeling over and those three clans are the only ones that're vaguely distinct over on Azeroth.

    As for Scarlets, they've had false starts on Scarlet questlines for two expansions now, perhaps Dragonflight will be the third. I've zero faith Blizzard would be able to use them as either a human ally or Forsaken antagonist which is the natural direction to take given the aversion to conflict and putting them in the human heritage scenario makes little sense given how little relation they have to STormwind, but what can you do.

    Also lol, upcoming Baine questline vs. centaur completely unrelated to the ones that victimized his people. If only the Maruuk were tauren, the way they were written.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  7. #1347
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Also lol, upcoming Baine questline vs. centaur completely unrelated to the ones that victimized his people. If only the Maruuk were tauren, the way they were written.
    I mean, given that the Centaur we've been introduced to in the Dragon Isles are so disconnected from the Centaur elsewhere that their very existence creates a continuity error, I figure it would have been significantly more cohesive with prior lore if they were Tauren, especially given their culture is also effectively Tauren and there is effectively no reason for them not to be Tauren given that they're a nomadic race who could well have at some point set sail for the Dragon Isles and who are probably more inclined to worship Wild Gods than the bastard children of an elemental and a deer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    As for Scarlets, they've had false starts on Scarlet questlines for two expansions now, perhaps Dragonflight will be the third. I've zero faith Blizzard would be able to use them as either a human ally or Forsaken antagonist which is the natural direction to take given the aversion to conflict and putting them in the human heritage scenario makes little sense given how little relation they have to STormwind, but what can you do.
    True. If I were to expect the Scarlet Crusade to appear, I'd certainly be more inclined to hedge my bets on them popping up somewhere related to Lordaeron rather than in connection to an entirely different kingdom. It's most likely just scarlet-colored (or, knowing Blizzard, likely an entirely different shade of red that they randomly labeled as scarlet) rather than having anything to do with the Scarlet Crusade—the word simply stuck out to me because it has such a strong association. Unless Turalyon decides to lean his sweet head over for an unceremonious, arc-destroying, and thoroughly unwanted villain batting and outright integrate the Scarlet Crusade into the Alliance military, I'm leaning towards the idea that it's just the name sticking out rather than an actual indicator of Scarlet influence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Given the name of the orc scenario is the Old Frostwolf it's likely it'll be about Drekthar keeling over and those three clans are the only ones that're vaguely distinct over on Azeroth.
    Maybe they'll bring something remotely palatable out of the decision to expunge the Warchief role for good by making this bit about the reassertion of individual clan identity in the absence of a singular de-facto clan and leader?

  8. #1348
    Blue - Stormwind.
    Scarlet - Stromgarde (the banners that Stromgarde soldiers raise when Danath is the Warfront commander reuse the Scarlet Onslaught banner model).
    White - Lordaeron.
    The last two nation colors correspond to the last two kingdoms that have basically become vassal states of Stormwind.

  9. #1349
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Blue - Stormwind.
    Scarlet - Stromgarde (the banners that Stromgarde soldiers raise when Danath is the Warfront commander reuse the Scarlet Onslaught banner model).
    White - Lordaeron.
    The last two nation colors correspond to the last two kingdoms that have basically become vassal states of Stormwind.
    Actually, that could be it. Realistically, I think what happened on a Doylist level is probably just that Blizzard wanted to have three color schemes available for both Humans and Orcs, but I can see how they correspond. If it's specifically white with a light blue trim that would line up with their actual color scheme. It would also be wholly consistent with Blzzard's decision-making thus far to slap two other kingdoms' color schemes over armor designed around Stormwind.

    Update: After having looked at the white color variants on Wowhead, which I was not previously aware had been posted, it honestly looks more like the Kul Tiran color scheme to me than anything ever associated with Lordearon. Also quite happy to see they included a robe option, as I was previously worried it would be too excessively tailored to melee classes. It would be nice to finally have some premium battlemage armor.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-02-01 at 07:08 AM.

  10. #1350
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    a totem pole is something like a family crest or shield, meant to inspire others and inform. i think some native american tribes could he HIGHLY offended if it was used as a weapon.
    Oo cmon..

    /10chars

  11. #1351
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,678
    I dont expect much from the Forbidden reach. It will only be relevant for 3 months max. It will probably be something like the Timeless Isle I imagine. Light on traditional content, but lots of sandbox stuff thats quick to develop?

  12. #1352
    Not going to lie, not a fan of any of the new Human hair colors other than the red one. Most of them read as too innately "modern" in aesthetic. Hair colors with a bit of dye would be nice, but the fact that they're uniformly dyed just makes them look really awkward and clashes with the aesthetic.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-02-01 at 07:19 AM.

  13. #1353
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    If only the Maruuk were tauren, the way they were written.
    Could have placed the Highmountain here instead of Broken Isles.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Not going to lie, not a fan of any of the new Human hair colors other than the red one. Most of them read as too innately "modern" in aesthetic. Hair colors with a bit of dye would be nice, but the fact that they're uniformly dyed just makes them look really awkward and clashes with the aesthetic.
    The red one though was very needed I can finally make a sexy redhead. Now if only humans got some of the Forsaken hairstyles . . . why do I need to be Forsaken to cosplay as Elvira???

    I guess I am the only one excited for Winterpelt Exalted grind? Still hoping for furbolg allied race!

  14. #1354
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Update: After having looked at the white color variants on Wowhead, which I was not previously aware had been posted, it honestly looks more like the Kul Tiran color scheme to me than anything ever associated with Lordearon.
    Tbf looks more like a dark grayish than a dark green. Honestly, I'd rather have these colors represent the nation colors of Stromgarde and Lordaeron. Obviously, Blizzard won't do anything with these kingdoms anymore. Stromgarde will never be updated like Kul Tiras, and the surviving humans of Lordaeron will never be acknowledged in the Alliance. So at the very least, players who roleplay as lordaeronians or stromics can also get a heritage armor.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2023-02-01 at 08:15 AM.

  15. #1355
    Can we please stop with the Scarlet Whatever? We wiped them out in vanilla, in Wrath, and in Cataclysm, and in Legion. Just let them die already. They’re more a meme than Kael’thas at this point.

  16. #1356
    Was Stormgarde an actual nation with multiple towns or was it not simply a city state though? Don't get me wrong, they could always make it a proper city (which it still is not since the Warfront version is mostly made for gameplay) but I think that's what it would be; the rest of the Highlands will just be homesteads like they are now.

  17. #1357
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Tbf looks more like a dark grayish than a dark green. Honestly, I'd rather have these colors represent the nation colors of Stromgarde and Lordaeron. Obviously, Blizzard won't do anything with these kingdoms anymore. Stromgarde will never be updated like Kul Tiras, and the surviving humans of Lordaeron will never be acknowledged in the Alliance. So at the very least, players who roleplay as lordaeronians or stromics can also get a heritage armor.
    Either way, it doesn't strike me as very reminiscent of Lordaeron's own color scheme due to the lack of a blue trim. The golden chain and trim doesn't seem consistent with anything we've seen of them.

    I do see your point, of course, though I would argue that the best set of color schemes would actually be based on the regions of Stormwind—the blue for Elwynn, the red (toned down a tad) for Redridge, and something black for Duskwood. There's definitely better armor cf. representation of the other kingdoms, as this heritage armor is still highly flavored around Stormwind's motifs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Was Stormgarde an actual nation with multiple towns or was it not simply a city state though? Don't get me wrong, they could always make it a proper city (which it still is not since the Warfront version is mostly made for gameplay) but I think that's what it would be; the rest of the Highlands will just be homesteads like they are now.
    It was sort of in an odd place—it was mainly relevant as an enclave of Strom. I think it was mostly centered around the city, but there were a few outposts around it. The town in Arathi Basin, Newstead, and High Perch all were Stromic towns outside the purview of the city per Wowpedia. I think they also originally controlled Tol Barad.

  18. #1358
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I would argue that the best set of color schemes would actually be based on the regions of Stormwind—the blue for Elwynn, the red (toned down a tad) for Redridge, and something black for Duskwood. There's definitely better armor cf. representation of the other kingdoms, as this heritage armor is still highly flavored around Stormwind's motifs.
    Huh, I didn't even think about regions, you might be right. Can't wait to see what the questline will be about.

  19. #1359
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    10.0.7 brings interesting stuff. I am really curious about the Zul'gurub recipes. Maybe they are reintroducing the faction? Some time travel thing? We will see.

    Primordial gems really worries me, though. We will have to see how it works, but it seems that they cannot live without adding another useless system of borrowed power for a patch, which is pretty sad. If this new system is something even remotely close to Domination Shards they are out of their fucking minds and completely out of touch with the players.
    They don't read like borrowed power at all to me.

  20. #1360
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont expect much from the Forbidden reach. It will only be relevant for 3 months max. It will probably be something like the Timeless Isle I imagine. Light on traditional content, but lots of sandbox stuff thats quick to develop?
    Thats what i am expecting too. Maybe new renown levels for dragonscale expedition to unlock story content, maybe a daylie quest hub. Also more ways to get the upgrade items for the primalist gear, but nothing on the scale i expect 10.1 will have to offer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •