I don’t understand the point going round that a South Seas expansion isn’t likely because BfA is still fresh in peoples heads. They will be a pretty radically different vibe.

Using that argument, Legion wasn’t an option after WoD because we got a heavy Legion presence during WoD?

MoP to BfA was a similar time period and both expansions were centered around faction war. Folk were ecstatic when BfA was announced.

The argument doesn’t make much sense to me.

1+ Year Old Account
    Question for the "South Seas" people: What exactly do you want/think a "South Seas" expansion actually is/means?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Question for the "South Seas" people: What exactly do you want/think a "South Seas" expansion actually is/means?
    The original idea was exploring some of the smaller islands around/near the Maelstrom. Most of that is well done and such. Obviously under the sea Nazjatar(Which is also done but....) is done. They'd have to create new stuff for a South Seas related expansion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Customisable ships that we can sail to various islands on. We can choose our crew, the style of the ship, it’s function and how we outfit it. In between the islands are naval combat with other ships, sea monster attacks, pirate raids, SEA SHANTIES, randomised islands to explore.

As for the levelling zones and capital city then Tel’Abim, Hiji, Ogrezonia, Undermine, Darkspear Isles and Plunder Isle. Zul’Dare is closer to Kul Tiras but it could be patch content and we sail to it for whatever reason. Booty Bay and Gadgetztan could also be expanded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The original idea was exploring some of the smaller islands around/near the Maelstrom. Most of that is well done and such. Obviously under the sea Nazjatar(Which is also done but....) is done. They'd have to create new stuff for a South Seas related expansion.
    We have only ever explored one island in the South Seas and that is Zandalar. So no, most of it hasn’t been done. There are plenty South Seas islands in the lore, so no, they wouldn’t have to make up places.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-09-01 at 07:05 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Problem with South Seas in 11.0 isn't that BfA was 6 years ago. Problem is that it's exploration expac after exploration expac. Something that is breath of fresh air after several "world is ending" stuff, but dull when extended too much.

And we already have pretty straightforward Void hints with Iridikron, not shop item but something similar to Sylvanas cutsence in 8.2.5.

Factions will more than likely also be involved. So if it's islands exclusively the BFA vibes will be off the charts.

1+ Year Old Account
    People want more islands...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Problem with South Seas in 11.0 isn't that BfA was 6 years ago. Problem is that it's exploration expac after exploration expac. Something that is breath of fresh air after several "world is ending" stuff, but dull when extended too much.

And we already have pretty straightforward Void hints with Iridikron, not shop item but something similar to Sylvanas cutsence in 8.2.5.
    I don’t think it would be an issue if the islands are well built up and inhabited. Undermine is Undermine. Tel’Abim could have a giant golden city, or an Arabian city like Agrabah depending on what culture they go with. Plunder Isle would be Freehold but on crack.

Of course the random islands would be more fixated on exploration though.

For all we know, Nightsquall could be actively working with Azshara, the Harbinger and the Void, or possibly rallying an army to snatch power from them.

There’s several avenues to go down to fit the Void into a South Seas expansion. Azshara would likely be a certainty for such an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well what’s the issue with that? People for years have wanted South Seas as a setting accompanied by sailing around the seas on our own ship.

There are several that have been teased since Vanilla (Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, Zul'dare) so it makes sense to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope that if pirates are involved, it's a minor and contained involvement.

I don't think Blizzard can do better than cartoon jack sparrow with lots of parrot guano jokes.
    The whole Freehold bit in Tiragarde was my absolute least favorite questing experience in BfA and pirates in general are a theme i'm not that keen on.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Customisable ships that we can sail to various islands on. We can choose our crew, the style of the ship, it’s function and how we outfit it. In between the islands are naval combat with other ships, sea monster attacks, pirate raids, SEA SHANTIES, randomised islands to explore.

As for the levelling zones and capital city then Tel’Abim, Hiji, Ogrezonia, Undermine, Darkspear Isles and Plunder Isle. Zul’Dare is closer to Kul Tiras but it could be patch content and we sail to it for whatever reason. Booty Bay and Gadgetztan could also be expanded.

- - - Updated - - -

We have only ever explored one island in the South Seas and that is Zandalar. So no, most of it hasn’t been done. There are plenty South Seas islands in the lore, so no, they wouldn’t have to make up places.
    Undermine isn’t an island, it’s an underground/sea continent under an island.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that "more islands" is bad. I was genuinely asking if that's what people want? Would people prefer "sailing seamlessly" between islands over going to a whole new continent on the other side of Azeroth, for example?

I honestly think a lot of the rage about the pirates has to do with it also not being overtly another revamp. People are starting to get salty about no revamp.

People forget that the last revamp added in new zones, so the islands could serve the same purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I honestly think a lot of the rage about the pirates has to do with it also not being overtly another revamp. People are starting to get salty about no revamp.

People forget that the last revamp added in new zones, so the islands could serve the same purpose.
    The rage about pirates is that we had an expansion about the sea, Azshara, and pirates less than three years ago.

It would be like getting Cataclysm, MoP, and then Dragonflight. People would (rightfully) ask why the hell are we doing dragons again?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I wasn’t aware that would prevent us from visiting there.

- - - Updated - - -

The rage about pirates is that we had an expansion about the sea, Azshara, and pirates less than three years ago.

It would be like getting Cataclysm, MoP, and then Dragonflight. People would (rightfully) ask why the hell are we doing dragons again?
    Just like WoD and Legion, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I wasn’t aware that would prevent us from visiting there.
    Typically a continent in the main location, not a side location.

Just like WoD and Legion, right?
    WoD led to Legion. Legion wasn’t a rehash of WoD.

Fun fact: Continent does not actually have a definition that clearly differentiates it from an island. They're just very big islands.

5+ Year Old Account

Makabreska gave you a good response which you ignored (as expected)
    "Ye, it ended less than 3 years ago. With an Old Gods raid. Azshara raid before that. And Horde vs Alliance raid before that. And then Old Gods once again. Pirates presence in BfA was tiny, half of a single starter zone and two dungeons."
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."
    "We've come to die for the Dragon Queen Rhaenyra."

A pirate expansion also sounds too unserious to a lot of people who want a return to some seriousness in WoW after the mostly happy-go-lucky Dragonflight.

I just noticed the idea seems to really piss some people off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    A pirate expansion also sounds too unserious to a lot of people who want a return to some seriousness in WoW after the mostly happy-go-lucky Dragonflight.

I just noticed the idea seems to really piss some people off lol.
    Yeah, people seem to be really bent out of shape over it. I really don’t understand why. A pirate expansion could easily be dark and gritty with a heavy void theme as opposed to happy go lucky, camp and unserious.