10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why do you keep lying about that? You've already been caught on this multiple times in the last few pages. And there's a huge difference between general seafarers and pirates specificially. Kul Tiras is a seafaring nation. Not a pirate nation.
    You have to use general seafarers because pirates are not a broad enough thematic to base an expansion on. Heck, Blizzard couldn't even base an expansion on general seafarers like the kul'tirans, which is why they had to stuff Mechagon and Zandalar into the expansion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You have to use general seafarers because pirates are not a broad enough thematic to base an expansion on. Heck, Blizzard couldn't even base an expansion on general seafarers like the kul'tirans, which is why they had to stuff Mechagon and Zandalar into the expansion as well.
    Did not != could not. There's plenty of themes in that Blizzard didn't even touch on. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Unless Blizzard decides to: Which is the cravat that all this speculation is based on. If they think a ship combat system would be fun and decide to add it to the game, they would absolutely do a whole Pirate themed expansion. That well has not been mined for its full potential. The only thing they definitely wouldn't do is do a Dragon heavy expansion immediately after a Dragon expansion, or an Undead heavy expansion immediately after a Undead heavy expansion, etc.

I doubt their goal was to base BfA around pirates and that the reason they included Zandalar and/or Mechagon was because they couldn't make Kul Tiras pirate-y enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did not != could not. There's plenty of themes in that Blizzard didn't even touch on. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Blizzard could do anything they want. However, it's rather clear from BFA and Kul'tiras that an entire expansion based on pirates isn't going to work. Again, just look at how Kul'tiras was modeled. The seafarer thematic couldn't even support a three zone half-continent. They had to fill a third of it with undead and drust material.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Unless Blizzard decides to: Which is the cravat that all this speculation is based on. If they think a ship combat system would be fun and decide to add it to the game, they would absolutely do a whole Pirate themed expansion. That well has not been mined for its full potential. The only thing they definitely wouldn't do is do a Dragon heavy expansion immediately after a Dragon expansion, or an Undead heavy expansion immediately after a Undead heavy expansion, etc.
    Or they'd simply add it and not base an entire expansion theme around it. For example they added a pet combat system in MoP, but they didn't create an entire expansion based around adventurers transversing the world looking to capture pets to battle with ala Pokemon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    I doubt their goal was to base BfA around pirates and that the reason they included Zandalar and/or Mechagon was because they couldn't make Kul Tiras pirate-y enough.
    No, they could have made Kul Tiras more "piratey" than what it was and they could have had us go up against a pirate empire instead of discovering a lost Gnomish civilization in 8.2. Again the proof is in the expansion itself. The simple reality is that a pirate thematic only goes so far, and Blizzard more than likely realized in the development phase that too much pirate stuff in an expansion is a mistake. It simply doesn't make sense that Blizzard would heavily restrain the pirate theme in an expansion where it was expected and suddenly decide to dump a massive pirate expansion 4 years later.

It's not a pirate expansion if they are also teasing dwarves.

Again the proof is in the expansion itself. The simple reality is that a pirate thematic only goes so far, and Blizzard more than likely realized in the development phase that too much pirate stuff in an expansion is a mistake. It simply doesn't make sense that Blizzard would heavily restrain the pirate theme in an expansion where it was expected and suddenly decide to dump a massive pirate expansion 4 years later.
    There's no proof to bring up, they did what they wanted with the continent and the expansion. Nowhere has it ever been said that "they wanted to do a big pirate expansion and couldn't achieve it so they had to find something else". This is your own assumption.

BfA's theme was faction war (despite how it was handled). I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to have pirates as the main theme, they could have done it. It was simply not the intent here.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Looking at one of the time rift pets got me thinking.

This uses the Gnome rig. Since no work is needed on animations I could see Blizzard using this for a Mechagnome moonkin form when they eventually become druids.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    There's no proof to bring up, they did what they wanted with the continent and the expansion. Nowhere has it ever been said that "they wanted to do a big pirate expansion and couldn't achieve it so they had to find something else". This is your own assumption.

BfA's theme was faction war (despite how it was handled). I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to have pirates as the main theme, they could have done it. It was simply not the intent here.
    Blizzard wanted to create an expansion involving Kul'tiras. The point is that they couldn't even expand and cover the seafarer/pirate concept to Kul'tiras, which was a half continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Either your comment was a joke, or you need to put whatever you’re smoking down.

Last I checked, Yrel was from WoD (4 expansions ago), or at-least end of Legion (Allied Race pre-order/Mag’har Orc quests).

My comment was about EVENTS HAPPENING NOW (in Dragonflight). We have Void themes all over the place, where is the Light? That is why I am saying, “while we have the VE and LFD in Valdrakken talking”, if that were a hint toward a “Void vs. Light” expansion, we should be seeing a Light presence soon?
    It's not a joke....

You think they set up yrel as light antagonist for nothing?

Think it's a coincidence she's stuck in another timeline and just now we're dealing with bronze and infinite shenanigans?

We need Xal'atath! people need a new dark lady. I hope these reptilian Pokémon will end in 10.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    It's not a joke....

Think it's a coincidence she's stuck in another timeline and just now we're dealing with bronze and infinite shenanigans?
    It's wild that people believe that Blizzard wouldn't take an opportunity to flip the script on players by introducing a Burning Legion-level threat that is light based instead of Shadow/Fel based.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I pray you don't see half of the WoW cast then...

Cause if you hate the scaley dudes, you'll hate the furries...
    Oh, I love the Worgen! Genn Greymane is my favorite character. I just think that dragons should be in songs and legends, like in Skyrim. But when the focus is on dragons, they look like 30-50 year old humanoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    We need Xal'atath! people need a new dark lady. I hope these reptilian Pokémon will end in 10.2.
    Ye, dracthyr so far are the worst part of the expansion so far to me.

Them having a dogshit looking character models doesn't help either.

But it seems like we're heading into much more interesting stuff with next patches.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-09-02 at 03:44 PM.

It's wild that people believe that Blizzard wouldn't take an opportunity to flip the script on players by introducing a Burning Legion-level threat that is light based instead of Shadow/Fel based.
    God I'm so excited for that. I'm. Hoping the Scarlets join forces with yrel.

Also looking forward to meeting exarch hellscream with gilded tusks of mannoroth

Or they'd simply add it and not base an entire expansion theme around it. For example they added a pet combat system in MoP, but they didn't create an entire expansion based around adventurers transversing the world looking to capture pets to battle with ala Pokemon.
    But that's really not the same situation. Pet Battles are this unique, totally-separate-from-the-rest-of-the-game feature whos rewards are purely cosmetic. In this hypothetical, if they added Ship-to-ship combat into the game what the heck would we be fighting with it? Azeroth's sea is full of pirates. There's canonically an entire independent pirate nation southwest of Stranglethorn. It would be at-least as pirate-centric as BFA was at launch, which people are still on the fence of if that can be considered a pirate expansion. And don't get semantic on what the definition of pirate means, as a theme, pirate both includes the people doing the pirating & the naval apparatus that hunts them.
    It's not a joke....

It works as a set up but from what we know about blizzard's workflow, implying a villainous yrel in the Maghar acquisition questline would have been the work of one or two people: Same goes for evil Alleria wanting to capture the Sunwell. It's not indicative of where the actual director of the game wants to go storywise.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-02 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Oh, I love the Worgen! Genn Greymane is my favorite character. I just think that dragons should be in songs and legends, like in Skyrim. But when the focus is on dragons, they look like 30-50 year old humanoids.
    Ummm, these Skyrim songs and legends actively flew around and attacked you, one of them was the main antagonist. The focus was fully on them.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-09-02 at 04:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a joke....

They also set up the Nightsqual as a big dreadful pirate captain that sailed the the forbidding sea, as well as a new Dwarven nation and dropped the name of a land full of anti-titan heretics and set up a new management for the burning legion.

Them setting up a plotline doesn't mean it is guaranteed to become an expansion, or confirm that it is next in line for development.
    Or that it gets developed at all.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They also set up the Nightsqual as a big dreadful pirate captain that sailed the the forbidding sea, as well as a new Dwarven nation and dropped the name of a land full of anti-titan heretics and set up a new management for the burning legion.

Them setting up a plotline doesn't mean it is guaranteed to become an expansion, or confirm that it is next in line for development.
    Or that it gets developed at all.
    There is a vast difference in scope and presentation here. Naaru and their Lightbound are fully ready and ESTABLISHED faction, willing to become our major threat. They got the reason, they got the means. Sure, Blizz can just not use them, but then why all this setup? Why sit there and waste time and effort to cook up something else/new? As it is now, Naaru and Void Dudes are the most probable enemies in near future. A not used but established cosmic force that wants to enslave us and sits in a waiting room will DEFO be used. Denying that is weird.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-09-02 at 04:32 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I get that the light and void are opposite
    The naaru hate the void

But can we really say light vs void is a big thing?