1. #14201
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I've been saying this since end of BFA- N'zoth is still alive. Fight ends on 2.5% or 0.5% (or was it 1%?) on Mythic.

    That b!tch is still alive.
    Did you miss the part where we obliterate him with a dragonball blast?

    HP numbers mean nothing, they are completely arbitrary.
    Especially in the case of N'zoth, Sylvanas and similar where the encounter is overtaken and ended by the narrative.

    It doesn't matter whether the encounter ends at 1%, or 43.59%, the outcome is the exact same.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-09-02 at 08:56 PM.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  2. #14202
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Who is ready to get on to that 10.2 PTR and rip open that Adventure Journal to see the new raid?

  3. #14203
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Who is ready to get on to that 10.2 PTR and rip open that Adventure Journal to see the new raid?
    I'm ready to dig into all the datamining, and then finally to let the speculation game rest for a few weeks before we're closing in on BlizzCon.

  4. #14204
    The Lightbringer Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You honestly believe that Nightsquall is some massive threat being set up throughout Dragonflight and earlier? If he appears at all, it's probably going to be some mini-dungeon boss. Also you believing that Nightsquall has more ability to move units and interest than Yrel is laughable. Yrel is a pretty major WC character while we don't even know what Nightsquall looks like.
    Azshara/Xalatath/Void, and even Ethereals to an extent is what they’ve been setting up. Again, it’d be terrible writing to just avoid all of that just for the sake of subverting expectations/flipping the script.
    Nightsquall & pirates will likely be a first raid type of thing, or the backdrop behind it all. Maybe

    Yrel isn’t a “pretty major WC character”… if somebody hasn’t played WoD they won’t know who she is.
    Which is why she isn’t going to happen at all.
    She was only brought back for 30 seconds because blizzard wanted to bring in brown orcs
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-09-02 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  5. #14205
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Azshara/Xalatath/Void, and even Ethereals to an extent is what they’ve been setting up. Again, it’d be terrible writing to just avoid all of that just for the sake of subverting expectations/flipping the script.
    Nightsquall & pirates will likely be a first raid type of thing, or the backdrop behind it all.

    Yrel isn’t a “pretty major WC character”… if somebody hasn’t played WoD they won’t know who she is.
    My "prediction" is for Nightsquall and the "pirates" to be our "avenue" for getting to whatever island(s) and/or continent 11.0 will be, however, the story will be focused on the Void.

  6. #14206
    The Lightbringer Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    My "prediction" is for Nightsquall and the "pirates" to be our "avenue" for getting to whatever island(s) and/or continent 11.0 will be, however, the story will be focused on the Void.
    I could see that.
    Nightsquall was said to be the only one who was able to return from the other side of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  7. #14207
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I could see that.
    Nightsquall was said to be the only one who was able to return from the other side of the world.
    Exactly. I can see him being our "guide".

  8. #14208
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Who is ready to get on to that 10.2 PTR and rip open that Adventure Journal to see the new raid?
    I'm so excited for new transmog. 10.1 had possibly some of the best class sets the game has ever had during its lifetime, and I can't wait to see what comes next.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #14209
    hope for blozzard the next expansion isn't about pirates because people are pretty against it. many want a world revamp but it's never going to happen

  10. #14210
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If your point is now "Blizzard will create an expansion based on any motif they feel like" I would consider that a concession, because that definitely wasn't your point when you started.
    No, the point is that Blizzard wouldn't build an entire expansion around something like "ship to ship battles".

    So exactly less than one half of that expansion? It's been 2 whole expansions; they can revisit those motifs.Alleria has a compulsion to go near the sunwell, which releases horrible shadow monsters when she does.
    Which really isn't a lot of time, and it's not like people were clamoring for more pirate and seafaring at the close of BFA. They were rather tired of it. I'm not seeing your point in regards to Alleria.

    Yrel isn't just on another planet, she's in another timeline, which by what Chromie describes, the Bronze's entire job is to tie off those timelines so they stop existing entirely. Right after we rescued those Mag'har surely, a bronze dragon assassinated Garrosh the moment he entered the timestream, eliminating the entire AU timeline. We're not even sure Yrel still exists at this moment. So I think Alleria is a bit more relevant.
    Uh, in the patch we're currently in we're dealing with Bronze and Infinite drakes screwing with the timeline. Who is to say that at the end of this expansion, a Bronze or Infinite drake decides to open a portal and let Yrel and the Lightbound in for whatever reason? Heck, Morchie could do it just to be a prick.

  11. #14211
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is quite literally the biggest thing.
    But why though?? The army of light wasn't fighting the void and the old gods because they were being led to wipe out essentially the forces of disorder
    The naaru are the only real light reps we have and they hate the void and everything they deem unworthy

    The void reps are 100% take over everything because that's their nature but to say light vs void is a huge cosmic situation is kinda stretching based on what we know.

    The light is essentially a full blown hivemind which is the opposite of the void which is everything is free will with one goal.

    Sargeras was supposedly the light's champion and we know what happened there and with Illidan

  12. #14212
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Azshara/Xalatath/Void, and even Ethereals to an extent is what they’ve been setting up. Again, it’d be terrible writing to just avoid all of that just for the sake of subverting expectations/flipping the script.
    Nightsquall & pirates will likely be a first raid type of thing, or the backdrop behind it all.
    You believe they've been setting it up. You believing that doesn't mean that they're actually setting it up. Also going from Pirates to Azshara to Ethereals is rather extreme.

    Yrel isn’t a “pretty major WC character”… if somebody hasn’t played WoD they won’t know who she is.
    Which is why she isn’t going to happen at all.
    She was only brought back for 30 seconds because blizzard wanted to bring in brown orcs
    If they got Mag'har Orcs they know who she is. If they played Paladin in Hearthstone they know who she is. If they played HotS they know who she is. She's popped up multiple times since WoD.

  13. #14213
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If they got Mag'har Orcs they know who she is. If they played Paladin in Hearthstone they know who she is. If they played HotS they know who she is. She's popped up multiple times since WoD.
    They have heard of her and have an image of what she looks like. They still have no clue who she is.

  14. #14214
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    But it doesn’t support your point. You literally said that Blizzard had to include Drust, witches, N’Zoth, Zandalar and Mechagon alongside Kul Tiras so it wouldn’t be boring. Which is literally the norm for every single expansion, just like your Northrend example there.
    It does support my point, because if you look at BFA its thematic was all over the place. It began with the Alliance taking Lorderan, and it ended with Wrathion DBZing N'Zoth. Meanwhile, WotLK opened with Arthas and it ended with Arthas. The Lich King was the first thing we saw and last enemy we fought. BFA on the other hand had Sylvanas burning down Tredassil, us befriending a killer titan robot, the discovery of a new Gnomish civilization, running into Wrathion, and then getting mind screwed by N'Zoth. Somewhere in that pile was Kul'Tiras and Nazjatar, two concepts that most people believed could be expansions unto themselves. However they wouldn't be because there's not enough meat on the bone.

    You can’t just so fragrantly cherry pick to suit you. I think the only person here getting confused is you. Or you’re just being purposefully difficult.
    I'll just say it simply; If Blizzard couldn't make the pirate theme work in BFA where we had long established lore (Kul'tiras, Nazjatar, N'Zoth) that would support such a theme, the idea that Blizzard is going to create an entire pirate expansion without long-established lore is laughable.

  15. #14215
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Did you miss the part where we obliterate him with a dragonball blast?

    HP numbers mean nothing, they are completely arbitrary.
    Especially in the case of N'zoth, Sylvanas and similar where the encounter is overtaken and ended by the narrative.

    It doesn't matter whether the encounter ends at 1%, or 43.59%, the outcome is the exact same.

    Illidan? Garrosh?
    Vanessa VanCleef?
    KJ?
    Archimonde?
    Ragnaros?
    Jaina?
    Azshara?
    Denathrius?

    Your logic is illogical. So yeah... N'zoth is still alive and you will see him within 1-2 expansions at most.

  16. #14216
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They have heard of her and have an image of what she looks like. They still have no clue who she is.
    You're saying that people don't look at art of certain characters and google who they are? It's 2023 you know.

  17. #14217
    the pirate theme in BfA was drunk looney pirates and island "exploration". They put a lot of effort in the expansion but they didn't put all their eggs in one basket. It makes sense but it's regrettable that they have put them in so many baskets though :/

    Most regrettable thing they did this expansion was to make Sylvanas a major character without showing her enough while having her do deals and plans with other major characters. You loose interest pretty fast in what's happening
    Last edited by Skildar; 2023-09-02 at 10:03 PM.

  18. #14218
    The Lightbringer Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You believe they've been setting it up. You believing that doesn't mean that they're actually setting it up. Also going from Pirates to Azshara to Ethereals is rather extreme.
    So several prophecies foretelling Azshara’s return, Xalatath popping back up & messing around, and everything else void related in DF so far isn’t setting it up?
    It’s far more setup than a Yrel light invasion got.

    Given how BfA was going from the blood of a Titan to a faction war to trolls & witches to old gods… it isn’t that extreme.

    It’s quite easy. Nightsquall gets us to the other side of the world where we deal with Azshara, Xal’atath, and the void Ethereals as the main threat.

    Throw in pirates and other things for the small regional threats and you’ve got an expansion.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-09-02 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  19. #14219
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    So several prophecies foretelling Azshara’s return, Xalatath popping back up & messing around, and everything else void related in DF so far isn’t setting it up?
    So from seafaring to Azshara to an Old God....

    Sounds like BFA all over again.

    It’s far more setup than a Yrel light invasion got.
    As I said, we're coming up on the 10th anniversary of WoD, and WoD was a very orc centric expansion. We even have Thrall being on the BlizzCon 23 promo art, and Thrall would play a huge part in a Lightbound invasion. Why? because Yrel would no doubt be coming for the Mag'har Orcs that escaped her in BFA and the Orcs that helped them. We could even encounter AU Grom again and maybe even an AU version of Garrosh.

    Thrall doesn't work for a Pirate invasion.

    It’s quite easy. Nightsquall gets us to the other side of the world where we deal with Azshara, Xal’atath, and the void Ethereals as the main threat.

    Throw in pirates and other things for the small regional threats and you’ve got an expansion.
    Sounds more like we got a huge mess, just like BFA. What? Is Xal'atath pulling Azshara's strings now instead of N'Zoth?

    Just fyi, Void gets hinted at in EVERY expansion.

  20. #14220
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Illidan? Garrosh?
    Vanessa VanCleef?
    KJ?
    Archimonde?
    Ragnaros?
    Jaina?
    Azshara?
    Denathrius?

    Your logic is illogical. So yeah... N'zoth is still alive and you will see him within 1-2 expansions at most.
    Thanks for that completely random list of names.
    I fail to see how that changes my point that hp numbers are completely arbitrary.

    Here i'll add some more:

    Betty
    Haris Pilton
    Thrall
    Jennifer O'Neal
    Anduin
    Sunflower

    And i'm sure N'zoth is gonna show up again at some point, but i'd say it would happen because of an actual lore reason and not because of a random number positioned somewhere on your screen.


    Formerly known as Arafal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •