Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    BFA wasn't even that crazy in regards to pirates. Kul'tiras has a Navy, sure, but they weren't "pirates" per say. Freehold was the only real major Pirate-related thing.
    Wasn't as major but there was also that hub in Stormsong that was basically a pirate hangout, just on land, as I recall.

Anyways I used to be on the "BfA was pirate themed" side but after time to mull it over, it was a B-plot at best (probably more C-plot, really).

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    I wouldn't say it was "pirate themed", more like had a substantial nautical secondary theme which heavily included pirates, the primary theme being faction conflict
    The primary theme was faction war. The secondary theme was Old Gods.

Whilst the nautical theme played a decent part in BfA at times, to say it majorly involved pirates is just false.

Pirates were apart of one dungeon, two chapters in one zone, a minor quest hub in one and a minor part of the War Campaign for Horde in another zone.

This is like saying a major theme of Legion was the undead elves from Black Rook Hold and Val’sharrah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Wasn't as major but there was also that hub in Stormsong that was basically a pirate hangout, just on land, as I recall.

Anyways I used to be on the "BfA was pirate themed" side but after time to mull it over, it was a B-plot at best (probably more C-plot, really).
    Not even a D-plot. Faction war, N’Zoth & Azshara, the Drust, Ghuun /w the blood trolls, Jaina becoming Lord Admiral and Rastakhan’s deal with Bwonsamdi are all higher on the totem pole than pirates in terms of BfA story threads.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-09-03 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Two story chapters in one zone.
    The heritage of Kul'tiras....

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The heritage of Kul'tiras....

They aren’t pirates though.

DAE pirates???
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-09-03 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren’t pirates though.
    What exactly do you think a pirate is?

What exactly do you think a pirate is?
    Well it’s clear you think a pirate is anyone who sails a boat and wears a hat so maybe you should be asking yourself that question, Teriz.

10+ Year Old Account
    DAE pirates???
    Yep.

i really want skinny kul tirans
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Yep.

Teriz citing a site called ifunny.c as a source which states the greatest British Navy officer of all time as a pirate.

You’re funny.

1+ Year Old Account
    My brain is fried... Can we get back to WoW, please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Teriz citing a site called ifunny.c as a source which states the greatest British Navy officer of all time as a pirate.

You’re funny.
    Yeah, because he engaged in piracy and raiding during Britains various wars at the close of the 18th century. Francis Drake did it as well in the 16th century, yet he is also considered a hero among the British. It was done in an effort to weaken Britain's enemies, and it's part of the reason Britain became a naval power.

State sanctioned piracy is still piracy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore him, it's better.

On topic: I hope they announce 10.2 this week, I can't wait to see new world tree anymore.
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."
    "We've come to die for the Dragon Queen Rhaenyra."

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Just ignore him, it's better.

On topic: I hope they announce 10.2 this week, I can't wait to see new world tree anymore.
    I'm like 95% sure we are getting 10.2 announcement this week. 10.1.7 will drop on Tuesday (NA)/Wednesday (EU), then 10.2 will be announced on Thursday (could be Wednesday, but I say Thursday to give each region a chance to do story stuff).

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, it's going to be a juicy week with 10.1.7 stuff, and especially juicy if we get 10.2 announcement/PTR as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're definitely not what you think they are, that's for sure.
    Uh huh.

Freehold has pirates. Boralus not so much.
    Uh there were privateers all over Boralus. Privateers are state-sanctioned pirates.

1+ Year Old Account
    As for 11.0 speculation, do people really think Blizzard will give us "disconnected zones" such as a bunch of islands to travel between? People complained about the new Cataclysm zones not being connected, and more recently, the Shadowlands zones.

Uh huh.

Uh there were privateers all over Boralus. Privateers are state-sanctioned pirates.
    So now the goalposts have been shifted from pirates to privateers. Literally two different things.

Classic Teriz.

Namely we're debating on whether BFA was pirate themed or not. I personally think it wasn't.
    It was naval themed
    Saying it was pirates is like saying cata was Naga themed
    We got 1 zone with pirates
    Arguably 2 dungeons if you stretch it
    0 raids
    0 world bosses
    0 mini games outside of the pirate encounters in the expeditions
    1 mount that was pirate themed simply because it was a parrot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    As for 11.0 speculation, do people really think Blizzard will give us "disconnected zones" such as a bunch of islands to travel between? People complained about the new Cataclysm zones not being connected, and more recently, the Shadowlands zones.
    I think they will do Argus travel
    Either we go to our boat and choose a zone to port in or sail to

Another possibility is using the BfA ships
    Yes you could fly between zones or you could just go from port to port for a fee

1+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/lavendervarya/st...890526580?s=20 LOVE how they worded the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now the goalposts have been shifted from pirates to privateers. Literally two different things.

Classic Teriz.
    A privateer was a pirate with papers. As the name suggests, privateers were private individuals commissioned by governments to carry out quasi-military activities. They would sail in privately owned armed ships, robbing merchant vessels and pillaging settlements belonging to a rival country. The most famous of all privateers is probably English admiral Francis Drake, who made a fortune plundering Spanish settlements in the Americas after being granted a privateering commission by Elizabeth I in 1572.
    https://www.britannica.com/story/pir...the-difference

Man, took me a moment to catch up. Am I to understand that anything remotely nautical themed is now pirates? Is that where we're at?