1. #14381
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    It's absolutely NUTS to me to think that anyone in their right mind would want a "Yrel/Light" expansion for 11.0 when there is ZERO connection/set up in DF for it (unless something happens between 10.1.7 and 11.0 released). That would be about as bad as throwing the Shadowlands and the Jailer at us from left field.

    Don't EVEN try to defend it by saying, "but Yrel is a character we know from...WoD!"
    There was no void connection in DF until 10.1. We have two potential patches to bring in the Light, and Tyr is THE light related lore figure on Azeroth. We also may see Elune and/or An'she.

    It's not a crazy assumption that this expansion will feature the next steps of both Light and Void. We may even be getting the next Fel story on Tuesdat, and Life will get some lore in the Dream. So DF likely is setting up the future of all non-Death cosmology.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-09-03 at 08:41 PM.

  2. #14382
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There was no void connection in DF until 10.1. We have two potential patches to bring in the Light, and Tyr is THE light related lore figure on Azeroth. We also may see Elune and/or An'she.

    It's not a crazy assumption that this expansion will feature the next steps of both Light and Void. We may even be getting the next Fel story on Tuesdat, and Life will get some lore in the Dream. So DF likely is setting up the future of all non-Death cosmology.
    Exactly. That is why, to quote myself, I specifically said "(unless something happens between 10.1.7 and 11.0 released)." If Light comes up in any way between NOW (10.1.7) and the end of DF, I think it's 100% fine. I was simply saying that Yrel popping out of nowhere would be a HUGE fail (IMO). DF has been doing a great job (again, IMO) for setting up future stories. The same should happen for Light (if it happens).

  3. #14383
    If a revamp happens every theme could be involved, and probably will be. Light, Void, Order, Chaos, Life and Death. Every Cosmic Force would want its piece of the cake that is Azeroth, and it would be certainly be a good way of develop them more through our beloved zones, races and factions.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  4. #14384
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    It's absolutely NUTS to me to think that anyone in their right mind would want a "Yrel/Light" expansion for 11.0 when there is ZERO connection/set up in DF for it (unless something happens between 10.1.7 and 11.0 released). That would be about as bad as throwing the Shadowlands and the Jailer at us from left field.

    Don't EVEN try to defend it by saying, "but Yrel is a character we know from...WoD!"
    We just had the Fractures in Time patch in 10.1.5 which is basically Infinite and Bronze dragons messing with the timelines and causing various things to happen.

    It was a Bronze drake that sent Garrosh to AU Draenor. Which pissed-off Bronze or Infinite drake is going to open the portal to let Yrel through to MU Azeroth?

  5. #14385
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    If a revamp happens every theme could be involved, and probably will be. Light, Void, Order, Chaos, Life and Death. Every Cosmic Force would want its piece of the cake that is Azeroth, and it would be certainly be a good way of develop them more through our beloved zones, races and factions.
    Yeah if you do a revamp, and remove 90% of the faction war stuff, you have a lot of good potential to slot all kinds of antagonists into the zones.

    For Death, I think the Drust and the Nathrezim would work. I think the Nathrezim post-Zovaal are definitely their own thing, but I think they will go for a Death vibe for them now as opposed to demons now that we know their true leader is a death god (and is still alive).

  6. #14386
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Its the most likely explanation for the green eyes whisper, save for a new evil life character with green eyes.
    Do you want angry unreasonable so called "Nelf fans" cause thats whats gonna happen if it goes like that.


    10.2 raid bosses I can imagine is Fyrakk and he'll have Shadowflame mechanics.


    Perhaps a shadowflame corrupted Treant or ancient. Shadowflame corrupted Titan keeper would be interesting.



    Now this one is more far out there is Alliance involvement to defending the world tree(And I don't just mean Nelves, Humans to).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-09-03 at 09:11 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  7. #14387
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We just had the Fractures in Time patch in 10.1.5 which is basically Infinite and Bronze dragons messing with the timelines and causing various things to happen.

    It was a Bronze drake that sent Garrosh to AU Draenor. Which pissed-off Bronze or Infinite drake is going to open the portal to let Yrel through to MU Azeroth?
    I'm actually super interested to see what "timey-wimey" stuff happens in 10.1.7 with Chromie.

  8. #14388
    The Lightbringer Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    It's absolutely NUTS to me to think that anyone in their right mind would want a "Yrel/Light" expansion for 11.0 when there is ZERO connection/set up in DF for it (unless something happens between 10.1.7 and 11.0 released). That would be about as bad as throwing the Shadowlands and the Jailer at us from left field.

    Don't EVEN try to defend it by saying, "but Yrel is a character we know from...WoD!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    I have nothing against Yrel, nor the Light, however, it needs to be set up correctly. As of right now, the only two things being set up properly (IMO) are Order (Titans) and Void (Iri/Xal/Azshara/Old Gods).
    Big agree.
    Besides, there are far more interesting villain options for the light side of things than a Mary Sue from WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  9. #14389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Big agree.
    Besides, there are far more interesting villain options for the light side of things than a Mary Sue from WoD.
    URL will probably never be a villain. I can't see them ever grabbing characters from alt Draenor unless it is for some side stuff.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  10. #14390
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    How many bosses will the 10.2 raid have? Prediction time! And WHO will be in the raid (as a boss(es))?
    Probably around 10.

    Fyrakk is obviously there
    We'll likely fight Vyranoth, with her surviving the encounter.
    An out of control Shadowflame elemental
    A problematic Frost elemental
    A Druid of the Flame boss
    A primalist general boss/encounter
    A Djaradin boss
    An Eonar style encounter where we need to keep the the heart of the tree, or something else, alive
    A good guy Keeper of the Grove/Ancient/Wild God that gets corrupted by Fyrakks shadowflame


    Formerly known as Arafal

  11. #14391
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    URL will probably never be a villain. I can't see them ever grabbing characters from alt Draenor unless it is for some side stuff.
    Yrel will be a villain I feel, but definitely not the main one for the Light. Whoever the main Light villain is will probably be someone new players get to be introduced to without a lot of prior context like Yrel.

    I think Calia's Scarlet child and/or an alternate Xe'ra are likely. Tyr may swap sides to them as well. I think they are building up a contingent of Keepers/Titans who, in the event of a Void/Light war, will defect to the Light or will ally with them to a point that opposes us.

  12. #14392
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    How many bosses will the 10.2 raid have? Prediction time! And WHO will be in the raid (as a boss(es))?
    Merithra (healer boss fight)
    Plant boss
    Druid of the Flame boss
    Remnant of Xavius
    Igira, the Elder
    Fyrakk & Vyranoth (yes, a duo boss fight)

    Probably a few more fillers, but this is what I could come up with.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  13. #14393
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think housing, spell customization, and/or revamp will happen. At least one of the three.
    One of these would definitely be very welcome.

    But I also think that the current endgame gameplay is not appealing to new players and should be iterated upon, but I doubt Blizzard will be bold enough to make any changes in any of the three endgame pillars.

    Initially, I thought that WoW lacked content, and that's why the retention was bad, but with Dragonflight content cadence, I see now that people don't have that much fun playing WoW anymore, and many WoW content creators have been extensively talking about the gameplay issue.

    The community is also becoming extremely toxic, I know they always used to be, but we're reaching new lows, and I think new players could dilute the veterans' toxicity.

  14. #14394
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    URL will probably never be a villain. I can't see them ever grabbing characters from alt Draenor unless it is for some side stuff.
    You mean like when they grabbed alt Draenor Gul’Dan for Legion?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yrel will be a villain I feel, but definitely not the main one for the Light. Whoever the main Light villain is will probably be someone new players get to be introduced to without a lot of prior context like Yrel.

    I think Calia's Scarlet child and/or an alternate Xe'ra are likely. Tyr may swap sides to them as well. I think they are building up a contingent of Keepers/Titans who, in the event of a Void/Light war, will defect to the Light or will ally with them to a point that opposes us.
    Actually AU Xe’ra is rumored to be the naaru that turned Yrel and the Lightbound towards fanatsicism.

  15. #14395
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

    Actually AU Xe’ra is rumored to be the naaru that turned Yrel and the Lightbound towards fanatsicism.
    AU Xe'ra fits the bill of the Lightmother but I can see it being someone else. She was just the highest ranking Light person at the time.

  16. #14396
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Malfurion, a dreadlord? Man that would be shite
    It wouldn't make much sense either, because while there is a dreadlord hiding out in the realm of nature (Ardenweald or the Emerald Dream or whatever) they were already in hiding and getting close to "her" long before Malfurion swaps places with Ysera. (Heck, probably even long before we even show up to the Shadowlands, according to that Enemy Infiltration - Preface book from Revendreth).

  17. #14397
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    One of these would definitely be very welcome.

    But I also think that the current endgame gameplay is not appealing to new players and should be iterated upon, but I doubt Blizzard will be bold enough to make any changes in any of the three endgame pillars.

    Initially, I thought that WoW lacked content, and that's why the retention was bad, but with Dragonflight content cadence, I see now that people don't have that much fun playing WoW anymore, and many WoW content creators have been extensively talking about the gameplay issue.

    The community is also becoming extremely toxic, I know they always used to be, but we're reaching new lows, and I think new players could dilute the veterans' toxicity.
    This is very true. WoW needs a new pillar or a substantial change of the existing ones.

    Why people find farming Mythic + fun is beyond me. But I believe that players are starting to get tired of it. I do not know exactly what can be done there as I rarely do Mythics in DF.

    Raiding problem is that it just takes too much time and too many people. They should change the format and decrease the number of difficulties.

    PvP is very much dead but I hope that they make a last attempt to revitalize it. Adding new BGs is not a solution. The whole system itself has to change. Fuck the balance and start to get crazy and make fun stuff with cool rewards.

    Old content and collections, I would say, is another pillar, but very unused. You have almost 20 years of content. DO SOMETHING WITH IT. I really think that this is currently one of their priorities, and maybe in 10.2 we would get to see some developments there. There is so much potential here.

    World content is becoming another pillar. Blizzard is trying hard in this field, and I applaud them for that. Not everything that they have created is amazing, but they are iterating on it. I believe that Dreamsurges are going to be a very good little addition to the game.

    Regarding new stuff, housing would clearly be another pillar if well done.

    A follower system in which we can do some content with NPC characters with a story that evolves would be another pillar. Let them learn a profession and a class with their talents. Let us gear them and transmog them at our leisure.

    Archeology and a Journal could be something with unlimited potential too, but I feel that it should be tied to old content. We could even have a talent tree to go faster in old instances, chance for extra loot, shortcuts...
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  18. #14398
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    It wouldn't make much sense either, because while there is a dreadlord hiding out in the realm of nature (Ardenweald or the Emerald Dream or whatever) they were already in hiding and getting close to "her" long before Malfurion swaps places with Ysera. (Heck, probably even long before we even show up to the Shadowlands, according to that Enemy Infiltration - Preface book from Revendreth).
    Yeah, I hope it's not a Malfurion Double because the Shadowlands book made it sound like there is a high society in the Lifelands that a Nathrezim could infiltrate. It sounds cool and I hope they follow through with that: I want to see Elune having to deal with some wacky counterpart gods.

  19. #14399
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    How many bosses will the 10.2 raid have? Prediction time! And WHO will be in the raid (as a boss(es))?
    I personally like the 8-10 bosses bracket In terms of who we're going to see, I unfortunately only suspect:

    - Fyrakk as last boss
    - A fire elemental
    - A druid of the flame (à la Majordomo Staghelm)
    - A drakonid (like Eranog) or a dragonspawn (like Diurna/Zskarn)
    - A fight where we have to defend/heal Merithra or Ysera
    - A nightmare creature, I expect a small part of the raid to be corrupted

    Not very original I know but oh well. I also hope that the tree is big enough for us to actually fight on it, along the branches or something while the battle rages underneath. It would be neat

  20. #14400
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    I really appreciate all of the replies to the "10.2 raid boss" question. It keeps this channel alive and fresh! The bickering back and forth gets old and really drives people away from the speculation and fun!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •