1. #14401
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually AU Xe’ra is rumored to be the naaru that turned Yrel and the Lightbound towards fanatsicism.
    That rumor was started 4 years ago. By me. And now I'm now I'm over it. It's floptina aguilera

  2. #14402
    im unsure why people think the Light is coming next expansion. They have been building up Two separate things that can go together pretty easily.
    The Void/5th Old God. And the titans are not all we think they are.
    I dont believe will will have a "Pirate" Expansion per se but i could easily see it being a Key Element to the story.
    The one thing i want to say is for sure is Avaloren.... IS REAL (sorry rewatching One piece)
    We will 100% be going there next expansion we will have a feet on the ground expansion again with Mild Old god business but more Titans Bad Why the Heretics ran away

  3. #14403
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That rumor was started 4 years ago. By me. And now I'm now I'm over it. It's floptina aguilera
    It’s discussed here as well;

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lig...nate_universe)

  4. #14404
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    "...so I was running, right? And, and, I found this hole, right? And, and, well...I jumped into it."

    -This conversation

  5. #14405
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    im unsure why people think the Light is coming next expansion. They have been building up Two separate things that can go together pretty easily.
    The Void/5th Old God. And the titans are not all we think they are.
    I dont believe will will have a "Pirate" Expansion per se but i could easily see it being a Key Element to the story.
    The one thing i want to say is for sure is Avaloren.... IS REAL (sorry rewatching One piece)
    We will 100% be going there next expansion we will have a feet on the ground expansion again with Mild Old god business but more Titans Bad Why the Heretics ran away
    For me, the clues simply point in that direction. I think people are too wrapped up in believing this storyline is going to continue directly into the next expansion. That really only happened a few times, whereas the norm is for expansions to pull a soft reset of the storyline. Like Dragonflight has little to do with the storyline in Shadowlands.

    It should also be noted that people were predicting a void expansion at the end of Shadowlands as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Is it possible she may be an AU Xe'ra?
    Quote possible, since according to the lore they have similar attributes in personality.

  6. #14406
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    For me, the clues simply point in that direction. I think people are too wrapped up in believing this storyline is going to continue directly into the next expansion. That really only happened a few times, whereas the norm is for expansions to pull a soft reset of the storyline. Like Dragonflight has little to do with the storyline in Shadowlands.

    It should also be noted that people were predicting a void expansion at the end of Shadowlands as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote possible, since according to the lore they have similar attributes in personality.
    They LITERALLY said that they wanted to continue the story, from expansion to expansion, versus a "self contained story" going forward. I don't mean a "Gul'dan getting away but we saved Draenor", I mean as in the story just continues forward naturally. This information came out prior to DF's release.

  7. #14407
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    For me, the clues simply point in that direction. I think people are too wrapped up in believing this storyline is going to continue directly into the next expansion. That really only happened a few times, whereas the norm is for expansions to pull a soft reset of the storyline. Like Dragonflight has little to do with the storyline in Shadowlands.

    It should also be noted that people were predicting a void expansion at the end of Shadowlands as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote possible, since according to the lore they have similar attributes in personality.
    i dont think looking back many expansions had clues that LED into the next expansion. But i Shadowlands could be considered a SOFT reboot because it gave a timeskip. I think using Past expansions as examples going forwards will just confuse people. They have treated dragonflight Vastly differently then past expansions an its clear they are trying something new. Giving us a roadmap small thing but it has done amazingly well with the community. i know there is ALOT of chatter about trading post but most people ive spoken to about it are all in agreement that is Good. Patches have been coming at us faster then befor while most feel alittle Bare to be honest its still a good pace.
    I just dont see us going from Cosmic to Grounded by to Cosmic as a good thing. an befor you say "the Light isn't cosmic" it absolutely is.
    I think have a Cohesive Story that continues from expansion to expansion seems to be the way they are going this time around.
    i am curious tho what clues have i missed point you in the direction of a Light is coming story other then Turalyon being somewhat obedient to the light

  8. #14408
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    John Hight specifically mentioned that they don't want to do "start-stop" expansions and, instead, having an overarching story that continues from expansion to expansion. You think @Teriz that Dragonflight is just going to happen and 11.0 we "soft reset of the storyline".

  9. #14409
    The Patient voskopoula's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece, EU
    Posts
    293
    Plus most of the hints for new expansion are "Evil" Primal Dragons : You are not prepared for whats coming!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Pillar Mythics . It is a compromise for us (old raiders) who just cant dedicate 4 hours or 3 for even 1 day to raid PLUS i wouldnt personally want to start raiding in an expansion for few months and then dumping the team (personaly i could raid in winter and go inactive after but it is imo lame) . It is a compromise and a wider rangeof playability (you can do m+ up to 12 or 14 or 18 if oyu want, no need to press for more ) . Mythic+ dungeons are not perfect and i have to admit for my pace (and many others's) it is really annoying to get discriminations based on ratings or how many times you played a M+ (under 18). This elitism is annoying..But as i said its an ok compromise.

    PvP Yes reimagining PvP is wanted but..what else can you add or fix atm? have you seen pvp parts of other mmorpgs?...

    Totally agree with followers..Our characters have downed so many archenemies of wow, they deserve a rank and a castle imo ... and followers..and a small army.and a town. I am not joking :P

  10. #14410
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    They LITERALLY said that they wanted to continue the story, from expansion to expansion, versus a "self contained story" going forward. I don't mean a "Gul'dan getting away but we saved Draenor", I mean as in the story just continues forward naturally. This information came out prior to DF's release.
    You must have misinterpreted that developer, because Shadowlands is a very self contained story and Dragonflight is a completely different story. Yeah the events in Shadowlands have had consequences in DF (Anduin and Sylvanas not being leaders anymore), but in general the plot of DF has little to nothing to do with Shadowlands.

    And that's a good thing.

  11. #14411
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You must have misinterpreted that developer, because Shadowlands is a very self contained story and Dragonflight is a completely different story. Yeah the events in Shadowlands have had consequences in DF (Anduin and Sylvanas not being leaders anymore), but in general the plot of DF has little to nothing to do with Shadowlands.

    And that's a good thing.
    I didn't misunderstand anything. They said that they want to do "what I said" going forward beginning with Dragonflight.

    It helps to "read". I said "prior to DF's release" which indicates the information I am talking about refers to/begins with Dragonflight.

  12. #14412
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Honestly, all of us (myself included) going after one another over a "prediction" for the next expansion of a VIDEO GAME is kind of foolish. We should be speculating, having fun, and staying civil. It's just crazy to me that people will actively attack others for their opinion/speculation, however, if THEIR opinion/speculation gets questioned, they lose their minds!

  13. #14413
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    i dont think looking back many expansions had clues that LED into the next expansion. But i Shadowlands could be considered a SOFT reboot because it gave a timeskip. I think using Past expansions as examples going forwards will just confuse people. They have treated dragonflight Vastly differently then past expansions an its clear they are trying something new. Giving us a roadmap small thing but it has done amazingly well with the community. i know there is ALOT of chatter about trading post but most people ive spoken to about it are all in agreement that is Good. Patches have been coming at us faster then befor while most feel alittle Bare to be honest its still a good pace.
    I just dont see us going from Cosmic to Grounded by to Cosmic as a good thing. an befor you say "the Light isn't cosmic" it absolutely is.
    I think have a Cohesive Story that continues from expansion to expansion seems to be the way they are going this time around.
    I'm forced to disagree. Legion wasn't considered a cosmic expansion because it took place on Azeroth. A Lightbound invasion would also take place on Azeroth, so similarly I wouldn't consider that a cosmic expansion either. "Cosmic expansions" are when we leave Azeroth, such as TBC, WoD, and SL.

    i am curious tho what clues have i missed point you in the direction of a Light is coming story other then Turalyon being somewhat obedient to the light
    +Yrel appearing in BFA as the head of an antagonistic army.
    + Avatar popping up on BNET among Shadowlands characters for no reason
    +10.1.5 Fractures of time showing the different possible futures and timelines of AU Azeroths is a possible hint of AU Draenor (which is supposedly dying because of it being linked to MU Azeroth in the time stream).
    +Thrall on the promo art for BlizzCon 2023. The Lightbound invasion would be a Draenei and Orc focused expansion.
    +The next expansion will fall on the 10th anniversary of WoD which was a celebratory expansion partially designed to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Wow in 2014.

    Let me stress, I'm not saying that a Yrel expansion is for sure going to occur, but based on the evidence, it seems like a very likely candidate. Especially when you consider that it can be used for both a revamp as well as bringing in two sought after playable races: Arakkoas and Ogres.

  14. #14414
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm forced to disagree. Legion wasn't considered a cosmic expansion because it took place on Azeroth. A Lightbound invasion would also take place on Azeroth, so similarly I wouldn't consider that a cosmic expansion either. "Cosmic expansions" are when we leave Azeroth, such as TBC, WoD, and SL.



    +Yrel appearing in BFA as the head of an antagonistic army.
    + Avatar popping up on BNET among Shadowlands characters for no reason
    +10.1.5 Fractures of time showing the different possible futures and timelines of AU Azeroths is a possible hint of AU Draenor (which is supposedly dying because of it being linked to MU Azeroth in the time stream).
    +Thrall on the promo art for BlizzCon 2023. The Lightbound invasion would be a Draenei and Orc focused expansion.
    +The next expansion will fall on the 10th anniversary of WoD which was a celebratory expansion partially designed to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Wow in 2014.

    Let me stress, I'm not saying that a Yrel expansion is for sure going to occur, but based on the evidence, it seems like a very likely candidate. Especially when you consider that it can be used for both a revamp as well as bringing in two sought after playable races: Arakkoas and Ogres.
    Not for nothing, I actually would LOVE a "Light" themed expansion. And if it happens for 11.0, I 100% will NOT be upset at all. I just don't view the direction of the story heading that way as you do.

  15. #14415
    Vyranoth talks to Alex like Tyr did some CRISPR stuff on all dragon eggs

    What if the reason the incarnates are so powerful is because that's the true path of dragons?
    I mean we are supposed to believe that the elements coming together made Proto dragons but if that's the case why are there certain ones imbued with the elements more powerful than the rest?
    Why are there other elemental Proto dragons chilling out pre-aspects??

    Boys I think Azeroth and her elements are hiding something and this fits with the shaman who told us a big difference between the elements on Azeroth and draenor being Azeroth was more tame...thanks Thrall

    Also she could see the future and foresaw her being stabbed

  16. #14416
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I didn't misunderstand anything. They said that they want to do "what I said" going forward beginning with Dragonflight.

    It helps to "read". I said "prior to DF's release" which indicates the information I am talking about refers to/begins with Dragonflight.
    Well there's no point bickering about it. We're going to know what the next expansion is in 60 days either way.

  17. #14417
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    22,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Please explain how a friendly pirate city would be any different aesthetically from the non-drustvar portions of Kul’Tiras.
    Pirate settlements aren't cities like Boralus or settlements around Tiragarde Sound or Stormsong Valley. They're more akin to something like Booty Bay than anything.

    Bingo. Further it proved that a pirate/nautical theme is not strong enough to support an expansion.
    No, it doesn't prove that at all. You're saying that the pirate/nautical theme is not strong enough to support an expansion... because it was never the focus of an expansion. That's like saying the technology theme is not strong enough to support an expansion because it was never the focus of an expansion.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  18. #14418
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Raiding problem is that it just takes too much time and too many people. They should change the format and decrease the number of difficulties.

    PvP is very much dead but I hope that they make a last attempt to revitalize it. Adding new BGs is not a solution. The whole system itself has to change. Fuck the balance and start to get crazy and make fun stuff with cool rewards.
    I think these two are in dire need of some rework/restructuring, but I simply don't see Blizzard changing anything. Not even Solo Queue RBGs became a thing despite RBGs being dead since BFA.

    Mythic raiding with a reduced size would be interesting, but if we go by Ion's comments, I think he would rather see WoW dead than reduce the raid size.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Archeology and a Journal could be something with unlimited potential too, but I feel that it should be tied to old content. We could even have a talent tree to go faster in old instances, chance for extra loot, shortcuts...
    I think this a very good idea.

  19. #14419
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well there's no point bickering about it. We're going to know what the next expansion is in 60 days either way.
    Yep! My personal guess is still on “Elemental/Elemental Theme” expansion.

  20. #14420
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I don't think he misunderstood anything. Hell, he actually clarifies his point quite well lol. Honestly, I wouldn't even call SL "self contained". Dragonflight has a major plot narrative that quite literally carries from Shadowlands.
    And that is? Anduin disappearing isn't part of the plot at all. Anduin & Sylvanas were deposed as leaders before the plot of Shadowlands even officially began. Being part of the plot is different from being an off-hand comment from racial leaders who don't even appear in the Dragon Isles.

    DF is only half over. We have no idea how "self-containted" its going to be. Iridikron plans on summoning a void beast & the Titans to Azeroth ala Gul'dan & the legion. I doubt they planned it to be self-contained.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •