Void and Elementals being themes that could carry over to the next expac makes me think of the Black Empire. I feel like they're still not very keen on doing a whole expansion based on time travel after WoD but ~30 years vs more than 10,000 years ago can make it different I think. Or they could use the Emerald Dream, maybe they'd have the Old Gods transform it so that instead of being an undisturbed version of Azeroth, it becomes a mirror of the Black Empire days.

That gives us the setting of a primordial Azeroth with Old God forces and elementals, and we find ourselves allying with the latter and helping them defeat the Old Gods with Thrall leading us somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Hopefully. As for the pirates, the thing that sticks out at me about that is that he specifically said "no pirates" as opposed to "not pirates", which indicates to me an absence of pirates rather than that pirates are just the center stage, which is very odd given the Nightsquall build-up. Maybe he's planned for expansion after next, like how the Dragon Isles were foreshadowed in BfA and then came into play after Shadowlands?
    My theory (if it's even possible to claim any ideas as your own these days) used to be pretty firmly that we'd have a world revamp in 11.0, then sail away to the other side of Azeroth in 12.0. Maybe that's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    A revamped azeroth is -probably- 11.0's main selling point, you dont spend 2 expansions adding assets in the background not to use them later.
    The thing is, the way WoW does it, it can't just be a revamp. There's gotta be something new to the expansion because, the moment the pre-patch hits? All the new-ish stuff is out there in the world. And if the new-ish stuff is 'revamped world', then... Just like with Cata, we'll have that from the pre-patch. Which kind of makes a poor argument for "Buy the expansion". Cata itself had the new zones like Hyjal and the like gated off with the "If you don't have Cata, we port you out" spells (which also mis-fired on one quest you were on a mount for, as you snaked into Twilight Highlands)

Phasing limits the world to the point its not really going to be a revamp and, per Blizzard's own stuff as to why we don't have Karabor as a city, hurts server load a bit. So either you've got an expansion you don't need to buy, or they'd have to do something awful like making a whole seperate EK and let me tell you, its bad enough to have two Dalarans, I do not want two Stormwinds and two Orgrimmars

If there is a world revamp, the max/expansion content has to take place in this new world.

A Cata-style revamp would take a massive amount of resources for content that, in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter (leveling). In Cataclysm the endgame-content suffered massively due to the revamp, even though they weren't even able to finish it, as you can see with zones that were barely touched like Arathi or Silithus.

Qwik said no pirates, but he didn't say no privateers :P
    Last edited by Jaggler; 2023-09-04 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I appreciate a poet, and all my friends do know it,
    But a poem needs more rhythm, else it hardly hits 'em.

Try a stable meter to make the language flow;
    Despite the proof there otherwise, on your ship I'd gladly stow.
    To be fair
    Did they mention pirates

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Oh good lord then it's either elemental or orcs or both.
    Or this light is evil thing hopefully. Please no elemental orc xpac...... Oh man
    This thrall blizzcon hint is really a bad sign. Metzen returns, thrall returns.... The last xpac metzen was part of was WoD, right? Or was he still on the team before legion?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Hah, see, i knew it
    Last edited by Well Done Steak; 2023-09-04 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Or this light is evil thing hopefully. Please no elemental orc xpac...... Oh man
    This thrall blizzcon hint is really a bad sign. Metzen returns, thrall returns.... The last xpac metzen was part of was WoD, right? Or was he still on the team before legion?
    IIRC the last thing he worked on was the BfA cinematic, so i am sure he had some influence during legion as well.

Just a reminder about leaks before the season starts.
    If it's a fully detailed post you read --> Liza Minnelli. Lies.

Real leaks tend to be a couple of lines merely like:
    New continent Dragon Isles
    New lvl cap 70
    Winged fire-puking reptile player race Dracthyr
    Unique class Evoker
    Available only to Dracthyr
    Tyr plays a role in the story

When a "leak" post starts with something like:
    "So the next chapter of WoW takes place in [insert continent here] with the [insert cosmic force here] attacking Azeroth. After a huge naval mission has failed near the coasts of [insert continent here], we are sent there by [insert main protagonist here] to investigate the dark dealings of [insert main antagonist here] and..." --> LIZA MINNELLI. LIES.

Have a great day y'all!
    Also: Happy waiting for 10.2 news (IMHO: not happening this week)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait and see people using it as pirates expansion confirmation.

But it is interesting Ybarra reacted to tweet about someone wanting to reexplore core Azeroth. Funny that I pictured rather EK or part of EK as potential continent for Void or Light vs Void expac, but Thrall on art and Kodo mount in shop out of blue suggest Kalimdor as well. I think full revamp (EK + Kalimdor) "leaks" will soon start, I wonder if Blizzard will react with controlled "leak" again to cut wild speculations .

.. or maybe they won't be "wild" at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    It's elemental
    Then we get into light vs void in 13.0 i think

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    The thing is, the way WoW does it, it can't just be a revamp. There's gotta be something new to the expansion because, the moment the pre-patch hits? All the new-ish stuff is out there in the world. And if the new-ish stuff is 'revamped world', then... Just like with Cata, we'll have that from the pre-patch. Which kind of makes a poor argument for "Buy the expansion". Cata itself had the new zones like Hyjal and the like gated off with the "If you don't have Cata, we port you out" spells (which also mis-fired on one quest you were on a mount for, as you snaked into Twilight Highlands)

Phasing limits the world to the point its not really going to be a revamp and, per Blizzard's own stuff as to why we don't have Karabor as a city, hurts server load a bit. So either you've got an expansion you don't need to buy, or they'd have to do something awful like making a whole seperate EK and let me tell you, its bad enough to have two Dalarans, I do not want two Stormwinds and two Orgrimmars
    This is a non-issue.

A - they could stagger the release of the content, for example of one zone has shut its gated in Gilnean style, or is infested by the Void, or whatever.

B - they could introduce new zones along with the old ones, like they did in Cataclysm. Almost all those speculated South Seas zones could probably be added along the coasts just as well, or be patch content out at sea. They could let us visit the elemental planes properly.

B - different corners of the map could be expanded upon, like that old "Northeron" area west of Quel'thalas. Remember Twilight Highlands?

Real leak won't happens until a few days before Blizzcon anyway. It's not going to be made by Blizzard employees but by contractors imo.

Since pirates is now out, void vs light here we come. Told you guys.

Bronze shenanigans gonna bring yrel to us.

I believe that Ybarra's Tweet will be true. No pirates for 11.0.

Depending on what we see on 10.1.7 and especially on the reveal and datamining of 10.2, I think that the possibility of that leak about 11.0 being Elemental focused could be true.

They have yet to explain what is happening with the Elemental Lords and the Primalist's origins. Elemental focus along other themes in a world revamp would be a perfect fit for 11.0. It would be a kind of DF expansion, fixing and adding evergreen systems and creating new lore, threats and characters.

Also, might 10.2 reveal happen today? I guess that they want the PTR up this wednesday, so they have to the info dump before that.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-09-04 at 07:16 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    If there is a world revamp, the max/expansion content has to take place in this new world.

A Cata-style revamp would take a massive amount of resources for content that, in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter (leveling). In Cataclysm the endgame-content suffered massively due to the revamp, even though they weren't even able to finish it, as you can see with zones that were barely touched like Arathi or Silithus.

Qwik said no pirates, but he didn't say no privateers :P
    I'd rather Blizzard create an amazingly new guided experience (like Exile's Reach) to teach players how to do more complex mechanics and understanding of their classes and the interactions they have with certain overworld mobs. Right now the game suffers because of how much it kind of lacks any consistent direction. Sad honestly - FFXIV has shown it helps a LOT and enables enjoyable content that isn't just facetanking a majority of the casual content.

Welp, this is unprecedented.

I think it's gonna be a continuation of the Iridikron plot thread i.e. Void stuff and a return of Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post

A separate world isn't that unthinkable I imagine. For one all the complaints surrounding the removal of the old world quests when Cata came around kinda makes me think we will still have old quests from Cata in a new world revamp.
    I'm sure there is some neat trick that Blizzard could do that keeps the players without the new expansion in the old versions of the zones.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm fine with no Pirates, but if it's Voidshit or more Orcshit I'm going to kill myself. It was so great to come back to WoW embracing the "Lands of Mystery" sense of exploration and lateral story scaling with Dragonflight, and I was hoping a seafaring expansion would continue that theme. If we're truly heading back to the kind of shit that ruined WoW like WoD and Shadowlands, I guess I'll be taking another 3 year break.

Please Blizzard, whatever it ends up being, don't go back to trying cosmic threat creep and boring melodramatic stories trying desperately to be like Game of Thrones.

Take us to Elune or Kezan or any made up new place, just no more cosmic dimensions and alternate realities in space. If the Void is the main theme, please set is somewhere interested and grounded on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Welp, this is unprecedented.

I think it's gonna be a continuation of the Iridikron plot thread i.e. Void stuff and a return of Azshara.
    If they fail to give this expansion a satisfying conclusion and turly have the next expansion be a part two, WoW storytelling is doomed. I cannot believe they would dare to do something so sheerly fucking stupid after only just now finally getting the story experience right.