1. #14481
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    They probably had something planned but scrapped it for any number of reasons (though the biggest possible reason being the fact that if C'thun was still alive would probably mean Med'an would get involved... and nobody likes Med'an.) Which would explain why Silithus was largely untouched in Cata.
    What do you mean. Everybody loved, the draenei-orc-human mage-priest-shaman Med'an who was just great in every way and should have been our saviour from all evil.

    I can't wait when Blizzard finally reveals 11.0: Warlords of the Shadowlands.

    The warlords we killed in WoD manifested as powerful spirits in the Shadowlands and we need to take them down. We have to join one of six orc-clans and rejoin one of the 4 covenants. Each combination of clan an covenant has a special ability for every class. Also the whole expansion will take place just on Korthia.
    Last edited by Jaggler; 2023-09-04 at 09:23 AM.

  2. #14482
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I really wish the WoW userbase was mature enough that Cata could have just been a revamp, with the "end game" content being repurposed across the zones on launch. Getting an expansion solely focused on a revamp instead of it being split between end game zones and content, new giant cinematic starting zones with hundreds of new assets and locations never to be used again, really made it so the revamp felt very half assed - to the point many zones, from Silithus to Ashenvale just literally being untouched, and stuff like this really shows as time went on they just said "fuck it" and left many zones as is.

    Even now, people wishing for a World Revamp fail to acknowledge how badly the playerbase would react if they actually did it right and just focused on a revamp.
    I agree that Cata revamp was a failure for how they approached it. But years have passed, they learn.

    Anyone that believes that a revamp would be like Cata is delusional. It we ever get a revamp, I would bet my hand on the following points:

    - Current Old World would still be there, untouched.

    - The revamp would not cover all of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

    - The revamped zones would be made from the scratch, like Draenor was, in a different map.

    - All revamped zones would be part of the new max level experience. So they would be like any new expansion.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  3. #14483
    Revamping part of the world or only Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdom would be so terrible that at that point, they shouldn't even bother.

  4. #14484
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Revamping part of the world or only Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdom would be so terrible that at that point, they shouldn't even bother.
    Subjective.

    I would love that DF ends with a cataclysmic event that destroys a good part of the world. 11.0 brings zones of the Old World revamped and we rediscover everything that we have visited through the years along, of course, new zones.

    Everything would be new and shiny while nostalgic.

    I would love that they have the balls to do that, but I know that I am just daydreaming.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  5. #14485
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I agree that Cata revamp was a failure for how they approached it. But years have passed, they learn.

    Anyone that believes that a revamp would be like Cata is delusional. It we ever get a revamp, I would bet my hand on the following points:

    - Current Old World would still be there, untouched.

    - The revamp would not cover all of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

    - The revamped zones would be made from the scratch, like Draenor was, in a different map.

    - All revamped zones would be part of the new max level experience. So they would be like any new expansion.
    Not really sure about this one. Especially in conjunction with the next one. You're just gonna have part of EK or Kalimdor instanced off?

  6. #14486
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not really sure about this one. Especially in conjunction with the next one. You're just gonna have part of EK or Kalimdor instanced off?
    Yeah not sure how that’ll work.

    If they revamp for example, Arathi Highlands and above for that expansions current content but block off Wetlands down to STV and say something like an elemental storm is preventing you from going further; then I feel like people would be rightfully pissed.

    If a revamp happens then both EK and Kalimdor need to be done at the same time or completely built from scratch like Draenor.

  7. #14487
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Subjective.

    I would love that DF ends with a cataclysmic event that destroys a good part of the world. 11.0 brings zones of the Old World revamped and we rediscover everything that we have visited through the years along, of course, new zones.

    Everything would be new and shiny while nostalgic.

    I would love that they have the balls to do that, but I know that I am just daydreaming.
    Hard disagree.

    We already did the "cataclysmic event" that changes the world. It was called Cataclysm.

    It was a cool idea at the time, but it put a hard timestamp on every levelling quest. The zones were narratively outdated literally 1 expansion later and it really added to the weird timejumping feeling of levelling.

    If we get an old world revamp, I hope it's actively not driven by one singular point in time. I hope zones are reworked to have more self-contained timeless stories

  8. #14488
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not really sure about this one. Especially in conjunction with the next one. You're just gonna have part of EK or Kalimdor instanced off?
    I mean, if a Cataclysm happens, some zones might be totally destroyed, so that would be less work to do. Also, several zones would be mixed into bigger zones. This is another point that I take for granted.

    So if you take all these elements together I guess that they might revamp all of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms in one expansion, or at least by the end of the cycle of the expansion, with the patches. I think that it would be difficult, but I would love to be wrong.

    If they do not this and leave zones for future expansions/ patches, why that would be bad? It would create mystery. How many players were super interested in Hyjal and Uldum when they were not accessible? I would certainly be eagerly waiting to see what is going on in a certain zone after another Cataclysm, especially if they give us hints through the quests of the new revamped world.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  9. #14489
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    As I have said before. The most likely source of leaks is some low level employee at the Blizzcon Convention Center seeing the rehearsal for the actual release, then making a leak when they get off work and have access to their phones.
    I just hope it will be more like 2019 when Jeff Kaplan was clearly pissed about even limited leak about Overwatch 2 than Dragonflight when (not confirmed, but c'mon) whole shit was leaked to manage expectations. We are happy about WoW, Blizzard (more or less), surprise us this time.

  10. #14490
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Yeah not sure how that’ll work.

    If they revamp for example, Arathi Highlands and above for that expansions current content but block off Wetlands down to STV and say something like an elemental storm is preventing you from going further; then I feel like people would be rightfully pissed.

    If a revamp happens then both EK and Kalimdor need to be done at the same time or completely built from scratch like Draenor.
    EK and Kalimdor doesn't have to be revamped at the same time. Just don't give any reason to go to the other continent and it would be no different from the ship in Stormwind still going to Northrend despite it still being stuck on WotLK.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #14491
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    EK and Kalimdor doesn't have to be revamped at the same time. Just don't give any reason to go to the other continent and it would be no different from the ship in Stormwind still going to Northrend despite it still being stuck on WotLK.
    Yeah fair enough with both continents. But doing a continent bit by bit isn’t a good idea I feel. All of EK or Kalimdor should be done in one go as opposed to say Quel’Thalas & Lordaeron, then Khaz Modan, then the kingdom of Stormwind etc.

  12. #14492
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Yeah fair enough with both continents. But doing a continent bit by bit isn’t a good idea I feel. All of EK or Kalimdor should be done in one go as opposed to say Quel’Thalas & Lordaeron, then Khaz Modan, then the kingdom of Stormwind etc.
    With EK it can work because there are very clean divides in the continent but with Kalimdor . . . it has to be done at once.

  13. #14493
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    With EK it can work because there are very clean divides in the continent but with Kalimdor . . . it has to be done at once.
    Yeah I feel that you can divide The Eastern Kingdoms between North and South easily. I bet that they can find any excuse that they want to do the same with Kalimdor if another cataclysmic event happens.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  14. #14494
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Subjective.

    I would love that DF ends with a cataclysmic event that destroys a good part of the world. 11.0 brings zones of the Old World revamped and we rediscover everything that we have visited through the years along, of course, new zones.

    Everything would be new and shiny while nostalgic.

    I would love that they have the balls to do that, but I know that I am just daydreaming.
    TBH the next revamp shouldn't be related to worldwide destruction. part of the issue with the Cataclysm Revamp is the constant state of disrepair some parts of the world are stuck in. Take the Wetlands/Loch Modan for example: The Dam is constantly broken and menethil harbor flooded, Westfall is still home to a weird elemental vortex. A world revamp should be focussed on repair and dealing with local threats. If half of the revamp deals with [insert expansion theme here], half the revamp is already outdated by the end of the expansion.

    please no cataclysm 2.0

  15. #14495
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    No pirates! (but still possibly maybe some pirates I guess but definitely not as a main theme similar to DF?)
    Ugh, people claiming to know "what 'we' meant when we said", hate that type.

  16. #14496
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    TBH the next revamp shouldn't be related to worldwide destruction. part of the issue with the Cataclysm Revamp is the constant state of disrepair some parts of the world are stuck in. Take the Wetlands/Loch Modan for example: The Dam is constantly broken and menethil harbor flooded, Westfall is still home to a weird elemental vortex. A world revamp should be focussed on repair and dealing with local threats. If half of the revamp deals with [insert expansion theme here], half the revamp is already outdated by the end of the expansion.

    please no cataclysm 2.0
    Depends on how the revamp is treated. If a cataclysmic event happens and the revamp is set 5 years after said event, everything would be about rebuilding and healing. They could even tie housing to it.

    Although I agree that another Cataclysm is not necessary. More than enough time has passed since the Cataclysm to justify extensive changes everywhere. I just mentioned the possibility of another world disaster because DF seems to be going in that direction. The Emerald Dream has the potential to fuck up all the world. Same with Iridikron and his Harbringer.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  17. #14497
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    If they do not this and leave zones for future expansions/ patches, why that would be bad? It would create mystery. How many players were super interested in Hyjal and Uldum when they were not accessible? I would certainly be eagerly waiting to see what is going on in a certain zone after another Cataclysm, especially if they give us hints through the quests of the new revamped world.
    Because it's just the Cata problem but worse.

    One of Cata's biggest problems is that the entire world is stuck in Deathwing/Twilight invasion. Now imagine a reality in which Lordaeron is stuck in Azshara void incursion, and then you step over to upper Kalimdor and there's Yrel invading and Azshara's forces were defeated already, and then you go to Southern Kalimdor and Azshara's forces were defeated two years ago, and Yrel's forces were defeated already and some whole other thing is happening.

    You start off in the undead starting area and you're in a completely different time period three zones down, and by the time you actually finish zones the ones at the start are all completely out of date. And it also means you're either locked into nothing but revamp expansions for like the next 4-10 years, or it'll be a decade and half before they get around to some zones because there's other expansions spaced in.

    People were interested in Hyjal and Uldum because people had never been to Hyjal or Uldum. Not just because they were blocked off. You're not gonna get the same "omg I wonder what's behind here!?" feeling, both because this isn't 2005 anymore, and also because people know what is beyond there and are just waiting to see the new version of those zones, so them not being there is more of an annoyance than anything else. Everyone who doesn't give a shit about Lordaeron or Forsaken lore is just sort of screwed over for two entire years, not sitting at the closed Thandol Span giddy with excitement.

    What makes the original continents work so well is that they are collectively massive AND seamlessly cohesive. That you can just spawn in at Teldrassil and wander through a forest for 30 minutes and then across plains, and take a boat and end up on another continent and wander through the jungle and forests and end up in the human realm.

    You don't create that feeling by just being on a subsection of EK surrounded by totally nonsensical invisible walls blocking off undeveloped future content.

    It really has to be all at once, even one continent at a time is really pushing it.

  18. #14498
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    No pirates! (but still possibly maybe some pirates I guess but definitely not as a main theme similar to DF?)
    Probably the play yeah. As mentioned, it could also be more conquistador/Christopher Columbus-like as is the tmog set from the store

  19. #14499
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because it's just the Cata problem but worse.

    One of Cata's biggest problems is that the entire world is stuck in Deathwing/Twilight invasion. Now imagine a reality in which Lordaeron is stuck in Azshara void incursion, and then you step over to upper Kalimdor and there's Yrel invading and Azshara's forces were defeated already, and then you go to Southern Kalimdor and Azshara's forces were defeated two years ago, and Yrel's forces were defeated already and some whole other thing is happening.

    You start off in the undead starting area and you're in a completely different time period three zones down, and by the time you actually finish zones the ones at the start are all completely out of date. And it also means you're either locked into nothing but revamp expansions for like the next 4-10 years, or it'll be a decade and half before they get around to some zones because there's other expansions spaced in.

    People were interested in Hyjal and Uldum because people had never been to Hyjal or Uldum. Not just because they were blocked off. You're not gonna get the same "omg I wonder what's behind here!?" feeling, both because this isn't 2005 anymore, and also because people know what is beyond there and are just waiting to see the new version of those zones, so them not being there is more of an annoyance than anything else. Everyone who doesn't give a shit about Lordaeron or Forsaken lore is just sort of screwed over for two entire years, not sitting at the closed Thandol Span giddy with excitement.

    What makes the original continents work so well is that they are collectively massive AND seamlessly cohesive. That you can just spawn in at Teldrassil and wander through a forest for 30 minutes and then across plains, and take a boat and end up on another continent and wander through the jungle and forests and end up in the human realm.

    You don't create that feeling by just being on a subsection of EK surrounded by totally nonsensical invisible walls blocking off undeveloped future content.

    It really has to be all at once, even one continent at a time is really pushing it.
    Yeah I agree that leaving zones "in the middle" unnaccessible would be problematic. But if you divide the continents in, let us say, North and South, I do not think that it would be a problem.

    Also you have to take into account that hopefully a revamp would be an evergreen one, with stories that would serve as an introduction to the World of Warcraft. This would be good especially for new players.

    Ion has already declared that DF would be the new player experience, which is weird IMO, because he also declared that they want to fix the new player experience... Anyway, that basically killed the possibility of an evergreen revamp aimed at new players.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  20. #14500
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that you did not mention "pirates" in your description of BfA even once. Which is the whole point I was trying to evidence here: BfA never was a "pirate-themed expansion". The expansion's main factions have navies =/= pirate theme. In fact, we almost didn't deal with pirates in BfA. Sure, the Horde had a little help from pirates to get a foothold in Tiragarde Sound, and Freehold was basically a pirate dungeon, but pirates weren't a big thing in BfA. They were minor arcs, at best.

    Old gods were a greater arc in Wrath than pirates were in BfA, because it happened through the first seasons with stuff about saronite and old god whispers, culminating in a big raid: Ulduar. The Emerald Nightmare was a greater arc in Legion than pirates were in BfA, because it was the whole main arc of the Val'sharah zone, had a dungeon AND a raid. The fact of the matter is this: BfA is not a "pirate-themed" expansion. It was a faction conflict expansion, that just happened to have their stage be between two seafaring nations.
    I believe the fact that Blizzard just confirmed that there will be no pirate stuff next expansion proved my point. A pirate theme can't carry an expansion, and a pirate-based expansion would be too much like BFA.

    It's time to move on.

    But it did. Which is my point. Just because you have something in an expansion, it doesn't mean said something can't exist again in another expansion.
    Except Shadowlands WAS different than WotLK. People here were suggesting a beat for beat retread of BFA. Thankfully Blizzard took the wind out of their sails.

    Yes... I couldn't help myself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Oh good lord then it's either elemental or orcs or both.
    Or this light is evil thing hopefully. Please no elemental orc xpac...... Oh man
    This thrall blizzcon hint is really a bad sign. Metzen returns, thrall returns.... The last xpac metzen was part of was WoD, right? Or was he still on the team before legion?
    Or Thrall on the cover could mean this;



    Which makes sense, because it can house everything that people want. Especially the World Revamp people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •