Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    What do you mean. Everybody loved, the draenei-orc-human mage-priest-shaman Med'an who was just great in every way and should have been our saviour from all evil.

I can't wait when Blizzard finally reveals 11.0: Warlords of the Shadowlands.

The warlords we killed in WoD manifested as powerful spirits in the Shadowlands and we need to take them down. We have to join one of six orc-clans and rejoin one of the 4 covenants. Each combination of clan an covenant has a special ability for every class. Also the whole expansion will take place just on Korthia.
    ...Funny thing is, that was the original first concept for Warlords before it became an alternate timeline plot. It was even hinted at in War Crimes where Garrosh saw himself more like Arthas.. he was going to to go to Outland and resurrect the dead Warlords as spirits, and we would end up going back to Outland again... This probably could've helped hint at Shadowlands.. but whatever... what's done is done.

But in all seriousness, I'm still putting my money on 11.0 being about the Elementals.. and possibly hints at more void shenanigans with Iridikron.
    ...Not to mention that Thrall is the "Earth Warder" so it is surprising how he isn't involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    ...Funny thing is, that was the original first concept for Warlords before it became an alternate timeline plot. It was even hinted at in War Crimes where Garrosh saw himself more like Arthas.. he was going to to go to Outland and resurrect the dead Warlords as spirits, and we would end up going back to Outland again... This probably could've helped hint at Shadowlands.. but whatever... what's done is done.

But in all seriousness, I'm still putting my money on 11.0 being about the Elementals.. and possibly hints at more void shenanigans with Iridikron.
    ...Not to mention that Thrall is the "Earth Warder" so it is surprising how he isn't involved at all.
    I mean, Thrall is not the Earth Warder anymore, it's Ebyssian.

10.0 has already been all about the elements.

let's hope the 10.2 announcement is this week and not the next one

"No pirates" has the same energy as

- No Allied Races in 7.3.5
    - Sylvanas didn't burn the Tree
    - Vulpera won't be an Allied Race
    - Sl is a customization expansion
    - Romancable Mediums
    - Blood Elves won't have blue eyes
    - Heritage Armour every .5 patch
    - Evokers won't have 3rd spec

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because it's just the Cata problem but worse.

One of Cata's biggest problems is that the entire world is stuck in Deathwing/Twilight invasion. Now imagine a reality in which Lordaeron is stuck in Azshara void incursion, and then you step over to upper Kalimdor and there's Yrel invading and Azshara's forces were defeated already, and then you go to Southern Kalimdor and Azshara's forces were defeated two years ago, and Yrel's forces were defeated already and some whole other thing is happening.

You start off in the undead starting area and you're in a completely different time period three zones down, and by the time you actually finish zones the ones at the start are all completely out of date. And it also means you're either locked into nothing but revamp expansions for like the next 4-10 years, or it'll be a decade and half before they get around to some zones because there's other expansions spaced in.

People were interested in Hyjal and Uldum because people had never been to Hyjal or Uldum. Not just because they were blocked off. You're not gonna get the same "omg I wonder what's behind here!?" feeling, both because this isn't 2005 anymore, and also because people know what is beyond there and are just waiting to see the new version of those zones, so them not being there is more of an annoyance than anything else. Everyone who doesn't give a shit about Lordaeron or Forsaken lore is just sort of screwed over for two entire years, not sitting at the closed Thandol Span giddy with excitement.

What makes the original continents work so well is that they are collectively massive AND seamlessly cohesive. That you can just spawn in at Teldrassil and wander through a forest for 30 minutes and then across plains, and take a boat and end up on another continent and wander through the jungle and forests and end up in the human realm.

You don't create that feeling by just being on a subsection of EK surrounded by totally nonsensical invisible walls blocking off undeveloped future content.

It really has to be all at once, even one continent at a time is really pushing it.
    I have to disagree. The concept that it would be confusing to have areas set at different times is proven wrong by how that is already true within even singular zones. You can already fly around the Dragon Isles and see the Shattered Flame attack us when just a zone over we are in the process of integrating them. Or how the drakonid rebellion is still ongoing just down the hill of where Alexstrasza forged a peace.

It would be strange to have EK or Kalimdor piecemeal over several expansions, but I honestly don't see what would be wrong with having say, the Plaguelands exist in a hypothetical limbo until 11.2 or whatever when we actually go there properly. So long as the expansion fully revamps the continent by the time it's done I think it should be fine. And that is even discounting zones that might not be revamped even with that, like Vashj'ir.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post

- Romancable Mediums
    It'll probably end up like most of the ones you mentioned, technically accurate inside the context that was said in (e.g. no allied races in 7.3.5 "release" but 2 weeks later with the preorder, 3rd spec was specifically about 10.1 but came in 10.1.5, etc). So, depending on how you interpret the tweet and the tweet its replying to, maybe not the main theme for 11.0, but could definitely be one of the subplots later on in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don’t see 11.0 being entirely elemental based. If anything, it’s going to be Thrall using the elements against a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post

- Romancable Mediums
    Pretty much. Feels like people are letting their personal bias get in the way of reasonable thinking here just because they don’t want to see pirates.

If Qwik turned around and said “no world revamp” people here would be getting themselves worked up into a frenzy explaining how a world revamp is imminent.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-09-04 at 01:22 PM.

Guys pirates is out the window. MY ain't just gonna flat out lie like that

It's for sure light vs void.

Setting will either be avaloren or karesh.

The events of the truce between the infinite and bronze next patch will start the domino effect of causing yrel to come to our timeline.

The forsaken heritage will reintroduce the scarlet crusade once more to prep them joining forces with yrel's lightbound.

That'll be team light....

Team void will be iri, xal, and azshara.

Both extremes will be dangerous and we'll be caught in the middle.

Either a Void expansion or a World Revamp would suit me fine :3

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It'll probably end up like most of the ones you mentioned, technically accurate inside the context that was said in (e.g. no allied races in 7.3.5 "release" but 2 weeks later with the preorder, 3rd spec was specifically about 10.1 but came in 10.1.5, etc). So, depending on how you interpret the tweet and the tweet its replying to, maybe not the main theme for 11.0, but could definitely be one of the subplots later on in the expansion.
    A naval setting doesn't mean pirates

Yes, most likely we will really have an expansion about pirates. I remembered Lortemar's wedding, it said that Jaina didn't come because she had problems with the pirates. Pirates is a good expansion, but the problem is that this is a 2nd filler expansion. It seems to me that there must be something global, Light and Shadow are the most global.

But people don't like the old gods location designs and stuff, they're dark and ugly. Perhaps Blizzard is now focusing on light expansion where there is a lot of greenery and colors.

Do you have a sauce on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Guys pirates is out the window. MY ain't just gonna flat out lie like that

It's for sure light vs void.

Setting will either be avaloren or karesh.

The events of the truce between the infinite and bronze next patch will start the domino effect of causing yrel to come to our timeline.

The forsaken heritage will reintroduce the scarlet crusade once more to prep them joining forces with yrel's lightbound.

That'll be team light....

Team void will be iri, xal, and azshara.

Both extremes will be dangerous and we'll be caught in the middle.
    I don’t think we’ll be doing Karesh for a long time to come, given Blizzard’s push to keep us on Azeroth going forward.

I also believe that a straight on void expansion is unlikely, due to their simply not being a recognizable antagonist for us to battle against. Again, look back to Shadowlands and how unpopular the Jailer was as some dark omnipresent force. People didn’t like that, so a faceless bunch of voidlords wouldn’t be compelling villains either.

In the end, if we’re going cosmic, we need an anchor to keep us engaged. In TBC that was Illidan and Kael’theas. In WoD that was Grom, Garrosh, Gul’Dan, Velen, and Durator. SL had no anchor, because Sylvanas’ machinations were murky and increasingly silly. So in short, if we’re zipping into the void we need charismatic and established characters to make that journey enjoyable.

We don’t have them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Yes, most likely we will really have an expansion about pirates. I remembered Lortemar's wedding, it said that Jaina didn't come because she had problems with the pirates. Pirates is a good expansion, but the problem is that this is a 2nd filler expansion. It seems to me that there must be something global, Light and Shadow are the most global.

But people don't like the old gods location designs and stuff, they're dark and ugly. Perhaps Blizzard is now focusing on light expansion where there is a lot of greenery and colors.
    I don’t think the expansion will be purely pirates as the threat, just that they will play a key role. Similar to that of say the Kul Titans and Zandalari in BfA, the Nightborne in Legion etc.

That said, there are numerous ways to make pirates as the main threat into a decent expansion and to expand on their threat level. It just takes some imagination and creativity outside of “lol pirates = Johnny depp”.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Pretty much. Feels like people are letting their personal bias get in the way of reasonable thinking here just because they don’t want to see pirates.

If Qwik turned around and said “no world revamp” people here would be getting themselves worked up into a frenzy explaining how a world revamp is imminent.
    This seemed way more like a flat out statement rather than a deflection though. All the mentioned stuff here is either things that could have changed mid development, or possibly even flat out false.
    I am fairly certain we never got a confirmation that Sylvanas didnt burn down the tree. What we got was a statement that there was going to be more to the story than what we saw with Sylvanas standing in front of a burning Teldrassil. It was true, just wildly disingenous.
    Stuff like Belves with Blue Eyes or Evokers with 3rd spec are things that could be changed during development as well don't forget.

No Pirates would very much be a bold faced lie if the next expansion is Pirate themed. But still leaves room to be disingenous when pirates inevitably show up at some point or the other like they always do.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I have to disagree. The concept that it would be confusing to have areas set at different times is proven wrong by how that is already true within even singular zones. You can already fly around the Dragon Isles and see the Shattered Flame attack us when just a zone over we are in the process of integrating them. Or how the drakonid rebellion is still ongoing just down the hill of where Alexstrasza forged a peace.
    Those aren't comparable situations. Nearly every single quest is time-independent. Every time you kill a named NPC, that named NPC respawns in 60-120s and is alive despite you having done a quest to kill them. You are just describing the nature of narrative.

That is not even remotely the same thing as having a continent split over three different time periods with totally arbitrary lines where you do Silverpine quests helping the Forsaken push back the Gilneans and then step over into Tirisfal and half the zone is on fire and the other half is blighted and Undercity is a wiped out ruin that Sylvanas abandoned the region.

Seeing shit at the end of quest lines and knowing that if you go back, stuff you will have addressed is still there for other people to deal with is not the same thing as the zone you're in having an imaginary line around it that when you step past shifts you into a whole different time with completely different ongoing issues.

It would be strange to have EK or Kalimdor piecemeal over several expansions, but I honestly don't see what would be wrong with having say, the Plaguelands exist in a hypothetical limbo until 11.2 or whatever when we actually go there properly.
    It completely destroys any sense of immersion and also feels like you're getting an incomplete location. Do people not remember WoD Hellfire? Even putting aside the content there, there was no point in WoD where it was like "omg, it's so cool having an updated version of this zone coming at this location later, I can't wait". It's just an entire zone that you know should be there that is very meta locked off because it doesn't exist in a playable form yet, that either obnoxiously teleports you out for some contrived reason or obnoxiously doesn't let you in for some contrived reason.

There's really nothing appealing about this shit:

It just feels like an incomplete thing that you're not going to get the actual proper area of until a year and a half later. Especially when it's a place you already know and have been visiting for 20 years but nicer looking that you've been able to explore and travel across wholesale up to this point. Who the hell wants to play an expansion where you you go to Arathi and try to fly or walk south and get told "lolno, sorry. Those dwarven and human lands you've been travelling through since 2004? They're off-limits now. The entire kingdom of stormwind is closed, not for any actual reason, when it unlocks it's gonna be evergreen quests about dealing with small threats, it's just walled off for now because it's in development :^)"

What a way to absolutely butcher any cohesive, immersive experience of a landmass.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don’t think we’ll be doing Karesh for a long time to come, given Blizzard’s push to keep us on Azeroth going forward.

I also believe that a straight on void expansion is unlikely, due to their simply not being a recognizable antagonist for us to battle against. Again, look back to Shadowlands and how unpopular the Jailer was as some dark omnipresent force. People didn’t like that, so a faceless bunch of voidlords wouldn’t be compelling villains either.

In the end, if we’re going cosmic, we need an anchor to keep us engaged. In TBC that was Illidan and Kael’theas. In WoD that was Grom, Garrosh, Gul’Dan, Velen, and Durator. SL had no anchor, because Sylvanas’ machinations were murky and increasingly silly. So in short, if we’re zipping into the void we need charismatic and established characters to make that journey enjoyable.

We don’t have them yet.
    Easy, turalyon and alleria will be the good reps of each cosmic force.

Idk what thrall's role is but I have a feeling it has to do with the maghar's and lightbound's conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    10.0 has already been all about the elements.
    Not really. There are primalists, but something about it seems off... like the Earthen Ring isn't involved when they should be. Magetha isn't involved either and yet one of her disciples is one of the most powerful of the primalists. Thrall isn't involved either...