7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Vyranoth's turn may be relatively sudden, but it absolutely makes sense with her character.

She hates what the titans did, forcing their "gift" onbthe dragons. If she would support her brother in forcing his "gift" on the druids she would be a hypocrite.

Vyranoth is logical and cold (fittingly) snd she lets Alexstrasza still feel her resentment with her remaeks.

In the end from her perspective she's siding with the lesser of two evils.
    It makes perfect sense for her to oppose Fyrakk.
    It does not make perfect sense for her to just join Alex 5 minutes into being released.

Her disappointment with Fyrakk should not be put in opposition with her hatred of the Aspects.

It's too early, it lacks context.
    it cheapens her (justified) anger at them gene editing her eggs and imprisoning them for who knows how long.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh lol, wowhead posted some details on the Forsaken heritage quest. and just, lol. Nothing. I mean, the one they did at the end of SL was a far better heritage quest than this. Bonus points, Alliance apparently lost control of Fenris keep to the Scarlets because why would they not.

Seems Orc Heritage questline was just a fluke.
    The Forsaken were not in a place where they needed a super juicy heritage quest. Green Orcs have had zero lore since Mists, so it makes sense they needed a major update.

Oh lol, wowhead posted some details on the Forsaken heritage quest. and just, lol. Nothing. I mean, the one they did at the end of SL was a far better heritage quest than this. Bonus points, Alliance apparently lost control of Fenris keep to the Scarlets because why would they not.

Did we expect anyting different though? The story of the Forsaken is so muddled by Sylvanas that I am surprised they managed to make anything at all. They had to conclusively set up that the Forsaken are more than Sylvanas, even as rabid Sylvanas fanboys are chomping at the bit to have their glorious queen canonized.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

you can only get so much with the current writing team.

Uh oh. There are dragon race files for 10.2, 10.2.5... and then 11.0.

10.2 "final major patch" announcement on Thursday, ten bucks.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-09-05 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Halfway if you don't count all the setup I suppose. We do still have 10.2 and 10.3 to go.
    Most people seem to believe that there is no 10.3, and I tend to agree.

Although Keyboardturn on Twitter just discovered some references in Dragonriding to a 10.2.5 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It makes perfect sense for her to oppose Fyrakk.
    It does not make perfect sense for her to just join Alex 5 minutes into being released.

Her disappointment with Fyrakk should not be put in opposition with her hatred of the Aspects.

It's too early, it lacks context.
    it cheapens her (justified) anger at them gene editing her eggs and imprisoning them for who knows how long.
    As i said, it is sudden,m and maybe a bit too quick, but from her position she basically has no other choice. If she joins Fyrakk she is a hypocrite and not better in any way than Alex, if sge figgts Fyrakk she is doomed to die.

Vyranoth doesn't want the planet to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Most people seem to believe that there is no 10.3, and I tend to agree.

Although Keyboardturn on Twitter just discovered some references in Dragonriding to a 10.2.5 patch.
    Why would the writers do that though? Seems like the dumbest possible decision they could make. They might as well go out and declare that players should have no faith in them at all.

Unless the Dream is actually all about the Titan Keepers we don't really have time for a proper sendoff to the expansion. Dragonflight is going to need a 10.3 to really close off the Titan Keepers messing with the Proto-dragon storyline in a way that doesnt mean we have to keep dragging the corpse of DF along with us into 11.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Na, the cinematic was super cute. Anyone else shipping Vyranoth and Alex right now?^^
    ......Stop it with the shipping nonsense. they're just friends

10.2 "final major patch" announcement on Thursday, ten bucks.

Terrible having no 10.3
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-09-05 at 08:01 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Vyranoth is an antagonist who swaps sides immediately when they realize something is up/something they believed in is no longer adhering to her ideals.

Iridikron is an antagonist that not only sacrifices his own kin for his goals, but also knows when to run to the point that he (very possibly) escapes an expansion just so we can't kill him. Both without following a selfish agenda.

These are both pretty novel ideas for Warcraft antagonists IMO, and I think it's a good sign of the writing moving forward. Fyrakk is there if you want the classic cheesy fun crazy badguy.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Why would the writers do that though? Seems like the dumbest possible decision they could make. They might as well go out and declare that players should have no faith in them at all.

Unless the Dream is actually all about the Titan Keepers we don't really have time for a proper sendoff to the expansion. Dragonflight is going to need a 10.3 to really close off the Titan Keepers messing with the Proto-dragon storyline in a way that doesnt mean we have to keep dragging the corpse of DF along with us into 11.0
    Well if the shocking reveal is the Cosmic Void invasion with certain familiar Old Gods starting and the Tree burns for ultimate shock value...

Only real option beyond "Sunshine and rainbows" into Revamp or

There's a Titan Facility in Emerald Dream that can reoriginate the Planet.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

The Dream was created/spun by Titans, if it's a huge Argus-tier patch it can absolutely deal with both defending the tree and titan stuff.

To be honest, we have no clue of "what it needs". Nor what it holds.

For all we know, 10.2 might wrap up the larger storylines really well. The World Tree. Fyrakk. Vyranoth. Then Iridikron, Azshara and the Harbinger get saved for the next expansion or at least the pre-patch, which you could argue is still partially part of the Dragonflight narrative.

Not sure why everyone keeps banking on Tyr turning evil and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    We still using Chronicle lore? Cause there seems to be more to the Dream than just Titan shit.
    That's why I said spun. If they are going to resolve the Titan stuff then they may dial back on Lifelands/new lore.

Did we expect anyting different though? The story of the Forsaken is so muddled by Sylvanas that I am surprised they managed to make anything at all. They had to conclusively set up that the Forsaken are more than Sylvanas, even as rabid Sylvanas fanboys are chomping at the bit to have their glorious queen canonized.
    I guess you did not get the example of the Orc Heritage questline. I mean that questline doesn't actually change much. But it gives fan service by recognizing all the many npcs that have been part of the race over the years and having them interact. It is also constructive with combat incidental; it is about the race's heritage.
    A Forsaken Heritage questline imo should have been about the Forsaken's common heritage (that being humans of Lordaeron), bringing most of their named NPCs (and perhaps having some of those who went neutral make an appearance) in a story that is about improving life for the race; e.g. rebuilding Brill and then finishing with an announcement that they plan to build on Capital City's grounds, not just in the sewers. Maybe recognize Sylvanas for what she did for the race but acknowledge they are moving forward. So don't actually do much but state intentions and bring a large cast of characters together.

Instead we get yet another reprise of a classic Forsaken questing experience that any Forsaken player has played through half a dozen times by now in different version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I'm okay with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard said they wanted narratives to spread across multiple expansions. So, DF might not actually have a "proper ending" so to speak. But I do think we'll see a proper climax to the whole World Tree stuff.
    Narratives spreading across the expansions is stuff like the Sword in Silithus, or Sylvanas escaping.
    The main story in DF is about the Dragons. And the core of that story is the Titan Keepers manipulating the dragons for whatever end. You can't just leave that plotline hanging. It needs something conclusive to make it clear that the expansion is over, and that we shouldnt have to worry about what is happening on the Dragon Isles anymore.

It needs something conclusive to make it clear that the expansion is over, and that we shouldnt have to worry about what is happening on the Dragon Isles anymore.
    Tyr waking up, doing something bad, getting stopped by Alex/Vyranoth then saying "k bye lol" is entirely and utterly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    Why would there be flags for 10.3 racing when the relevant zone isnt in the game at all? It wouldnt make sense for 10.1 to have flags for the Dragonriding races in the Dream either.

Why would there be flags for 10.3 racing when the relevant zone isnt in the game at all? It wouldnt make sense for 10.1 to have flags for the Dragonriding races in the Dream either.
    Because 11.0 has files but not 10.3 or 10.2.7.