Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I hate this.
    I'm really not a fan of how Sylvanas' post-redemption interactions with her loyalists have been handled. In Shadowlands, you effectively had a quick interaction that boils down to "I may be forced to spend an eternity doing Maw dailies for all those horrible atrocities I committed and am super-duper sorry for, but I'm happy you were complicit in those atrocities I committed <3", and here you have her tacking on this rather revisionist bit about how the Forsaken were always more than arrows in her quiver. This seems a bit silly, especially given that we know not only was there a point when they were very much only considered arrows in her quiver, but also that they only lost that status when they got upgraded to "bulwark".

I'd have preferred if she were a bit more level and less sentimental. I also think her musing on her work with the Forsaken was nice, but I would have preferred if it were treated more like her recognizing the value of the Forsaken civilization in hindsight and taking some joy from that she was able to do something of value. It's a bit of a thin line between this proposition and the dialogue Blizzard wrote, but I still think it would have made a bit of a difference in making this interaction feel more sincere. I also think it may make sense to have her be more skeptical of the Desolate Council instead of immediately riding them. She may know they're liable to be better than her, but it would make sense for her not to want to jump to conclusions and to comment on them with some skepticism.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    One lead to the most loved post-Wrath expansion (Legion) with frequent updates, and one lead to a well received expansion (DF) with frequent updates. So...
    7.1 brought the megadungeon thing for the first time. Night Hold(Really though assets were all there, they just staggered the raid to 7.1. 7.0 Raid was Emerald Nightmare. Also Broken Shore zone was there to before 7.2 happened. Then there's 7.3 which lead to Argus so the .1 at least originally didn't have a new zone at the start.

If DF was ran like Legion all the Emerald Dream assets would be in game just not available just yet. So they aren't necessarily handling it like Legion.

And yeah DF has frequent updates and thats fine but the big updates the major content patches are the ones with the actual hype behind them and the minor updates having some small story updates still isn't gonna hit the excitement when a new major content patch comes.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-09-05 at 09:15 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Status update from everyone's favorite certain Forsaken character!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUamzm8OAo
    I find this hilarious.

Her speech feels like a very awkward zoom meeting.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Of course shit this, shit that, in previous post it was "10 minute story patch", now everything is reskin and 'useless'...

Eh, I'm tired of it. Keep arguing that expansion with patch every 8 week is low effort with someone else.
    You said this patch had more story than 7.2 so i changed the 10 minutes into 30. also, i'm not the only one who thinks the content is low effort. a patch every 8 week doesn't mean crap if there is nothing to do in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it was more like 8 years of development with at least 4 of them wasted because they had no clear vision of what they wanted to do and reset things at least twice. Which yes, is incompetence.
    w/e it's still crap. overwatch 2 is even worse. they killed ow 1 to make 2 with a pve mode and then after 4 years they couldn't even deliver that. there is a serious case of mismanagement of resources at blizzard.

Not sure I really like the story direction, I see a lot of praise but it just doesn't do it for me. At best it can be decent, at worst the voice acting and quirky characters make me mute the game out of spite.
    Also if 10.2 really is the end then I'm not sure I can really trust Blizzard with the future, especially considering I'm already pretty apathetic to the game currently in general.
    11.0 really has to be something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I'm really not a fan of how Sylvanas' post-redemption interactions with her loyalists have been handled. In Shadowlands, you effectively had a quick interaction that boils down to "I may be forced to spend an eternity doing Maw dailies for all those horrible atrocities I committed and am super-duper sorry for, but I'm happy you were complicit in those atrocities I committed <3", and here you have her tacking on this rather revisionist bit about how the Forsaken were always more than arrows in her quiver. This seems a bit silly, especially given that we know not only was there a point when they were very much only considered arrows in her quiver, but also that they only lost that status when they got upgraded to "bulwark".
    You have to remember that as soon as the Jailer told her the universe was doomed when Argus died she basically disassociated. Literally nothing mattered to her at that point because she had been convinced the universe was going to either die slowly or quickly, depending on her actions. Now she's back to her state of mind before all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I can't tell if this is gaslighting for Sylvanas lovers or just tone deaf with everything she has done.
    Do you think during the Forsaken Heritage Quest she should express regret in establishing the Forsaken nation in the first place? She is the reason they exist at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Her speech feels like a very awkward zoom meeting.
    That's very much what it is, yes.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-05 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it was more like 8 years of development with at least 4 of them wasted because they had no clear vision of what they wanted to do and reset things at least twice. Which yes, is incompetence.
    They abandoned D3's second expansion, released Necro, started work on D4. Restarted development like 4 years later, didn't know what they wanted to do with D4 for awhile - some leads were fired and / or replaced a couple years in after that. Which explains why we have leads that haven't even touched the game, yet the obvious base workings of D4 were implemented far before 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    7.1 brought the megadungeon thing for the first time. Night Hold(Really though assets were all there, they just staggered the raid to 7.1. 7.0 Raid was Emerald Nightmare. Also Broken Shore zone was there to before 7.2 happened. Then there's 7.3 which lead to Argus so the .1 at least originally didn't have a new zone at the start.

If DF was ran like Legion all the Emerald Dream assets would be in game just not available just yet. So they aren't necessarily handling it like Legion.

And yeah DF has frequent updates and thats fine but the big updates the major content patches are the ones with the actual hype behind them and the minor updates having some small story updates still isn't gonna hit the excitement when a new major content patch comes.
    If DF was ran like Legion it would have also just released in May this year (wich is insane to think about tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, 10.0.7 with zone and more story than 7.2, definitely 10 minutes story patch xD.

If DF ends on 10.2.5, it has 1 RAID less than MoP/Legion/BfA. And that is because in most of 4 raid expacs X.1 patch had size similar to 10.1.5+1.7. Instead you get more world content and actual dungeon rotation if you into dungeons. So less if you like raids, more if you like everything else.
    What new zone in 10.0.7?

I'm sure there'll be a book to purchase that'll explain EVERYTHING.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There will be.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    10.0.7 Forbidden Reach zone was technically already done via the Drac'thyr starting area so most of the assets were made already,(Not all obviously)

(At Palapop)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There's not really aneed to explain anything if you paid attention to the story so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

I think it's more correct to say that if DF was run like Legion then Neltharus would simply have had a basement for 10.1, and the Forbidden Reach or the islands off the coast of Ohn'ahra would have been 10.2.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Status update from everyone's favorite certain Forsaken character!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUamzm8OAo
    Pretending like Sylvanas ever actually cared about her people is just painful to see and obvious awful fanboying by the writers (you know which one).
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo they shouldn't wait with 2024 roadmap to Blizzcon or new year. It's not like existence of 11.0 is surprise to anyone. Raw info that 10.2 is last major patch without full picture simply will cause bad PR.

Lack of 10.2.7 in some files people posted earlier make me wonder if 11.0 isn't set to release earlier than November, so we would have full season 3 -> 10.2.5 with BfA timewalking and story epilogue -> 12 weeks fated -> pre-patch.

holy crap, today was disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Pretending like Sylvanas ever actually cared about her people is just painful to see and obvious awful fanboying by the writers (you know which one).
    Sylvanas has been a narrative black hole for years now. Shouldn't be surprised the writers fail again this expansion.

Hard to make a character consistent when she had to go from Satan McHitler to poor abuse victim. Just insulting writing all around, and I don't think anything the writers could do to her would make her less of a liability for the story.

At least they had the decency to not bring her back completely.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sylvanas has been a narrative black hole for years now. Shouldn't be surprised the writers fail again this expansion.

Hard to make a character consistent when she had to go from Satan McHitler to poor abuse victim. Just insulting writing all around, and I don't think anything the writers could do to her would make her less of a liability for the story.

At least they had the decency to not bring her back completely.
    they should have just killed her in shadowlands. her redemption arc has only caused issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Bolvar is an undead charcoal. Was he just pretending to not know the mother of his child? Even for wow that would be an unbelievable stretch.
    Haven't seen eachother for decades and didn't know her real name

Unless you believe that bolvar losing his wife and daughter's mother in an undeas attack and Calia losing her daughter and husband in the same attack are completely unconnected

Oh and having calia be in SL for absolutely no reason
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2023-09-05 at 09:36 PM.