Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    But DKs just got spotlight in SL.
    They did? I mean they were supposed to but did they really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What is even the point of labelling it confidential though. I doubt anything like this would be shown to anyone who could beon the fence about breaking the NDA.
    Literally any employee at the company? That's why they make everyone at a gaming studio sign an NDA, because it would be too much trouble to try to lock off what everyone's working on from the entire building. Typically the production files are all coded with a unique watermark so they can track who leaked it, but if it was placed under "confidential" that would explain why its cropped this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    There's quite a difference between a brand new AAA game and the 10th expansion pack for a 20 year old game. No reason to label it confidential.
    Everybody watermarks everything before its officially revealed. Considering they have a convention that revolves around this thing & wow subs represent millions of dollars in Activision revenue of course its watermarked.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-06 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Literally any employee at the company? That's why they make everyone at a gaming studio sign an NDA, because it would be too much trouble to try to lock off what everyone's working on from the entire building. Typically the production files are all coded with a unique watermark so they can track who leaked it, but if it was placed under "confidential" that would explain why its cropped this way.
    Teams are sequestered by building.

Literally any employee at the company? That's why they make everyone at a gaming studio sign an NDA, because it would be too much trouble to try to lock off what everyone's working on from the entire building. Typically the production files are all coded with a unique watermark so they can track who leaked it, but if it was placed under "confidential" that would explain why its cropped this way.Everybody watermarks everything before its officially revealed. Considering they have a convention that revolves around this thing & wow subs represent millions of dollars in Activision revenue of course its watermarked.
    What I mean is, why would the devs show it to anyone that wouldn't already be trusted with a strict NDA? Are they afraid the janitor will come in and leak what he saw on his favorite subreddit?

And as I said before, that watermark doesn't do jack. Might as well label it "SECRET" or "DONT LINK ON FORUMS".
    A watermark is used when you ideally want to trace it back to the source. And for stuff like WoW development that uses proprietary software I imagine such watermarks would include employee identifications numbers.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2023-09-06 at 10:16 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

[QUOTE=Sentynel;54211163]There's quite a difference between a brand new AAA game and the 10th expansion pack for a 20 year old game. No reason to label it confidential.

yes but actually no - it's an old game and a 10th expansion but e.g. Shadowlands' has sold 3.7 million copies

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Teams are sequestered by building.
    And 1 of blizzards teams represent everyone working on WoW. But they would also be showing the cinematic to upper management & there's a whole janitorial service who goes in & out of that building throughout the day. Not to mention how people occasionally get moved from one team to another in the middle of production.
    What I mean is, why would the devs show it to anyone that wouldn't already be trusted with a strict NDA? Are they afraid the janitor will come in and leak what he saw on his favorite subreddit?
    Well they wouldn't. The watermark is just a reminder. As well as making it clear, if it is leaked, its not a finish product: Like when sometimes footage carries the "this represents footage still under development."

To be fair, it does look like an orc with the bone structure of the Laughin Orc Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, they literally weren't.

SL's leak was a screenshot of the store and a screenshot of the Bastion blurb.
    The DF leak in question was a low res screenshot of the cinematic.

Why are you making claims about things you don't know anything about?

There was SL box leak way before Bolvar store SS.
    It depicted Bastion or w/e that big white castle was.

On that 1 we also had "dark ranger customization" with pre-order.

So yeah.... Stick your arrogance where Sun doesnt shine.

You know that different teams have no or limited access to each other's work? Why would someone working on Diablo have access to a work in progress, supposedly "confidential" WoW cinematic?

Everybody watermarks everything before its officially revealed. Considering they have a convention that revolves around this thing & wow subs represent millions of dollars in Activision revenue of course its watermarked.
    That's the thing. It's not watermark. It's just slapped onto the footage with fucking 72 Arial bold font size saying CONFIDENTIAL just to look somewhat credible.

Still fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Echil46 View Post
    To be fair, it does look like an orc with the bone structure of the Laughin Orc Mask.
    It looks to me like it has a small number of elements from Fyrakk, like the strongly-pointed chin. He may have been used as an input in the prompt.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four(.)"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You know that different teams have no or limited access to each other's work? Why would someone working on Diablo have access to a work in progress, supposedly "confidential" WoW cinematic?
    That's an extremely specific scenario I didn't even propose....if this is real, its probably from someone on the WoW team. In fact considering how many leaks ended up being real for WoW, an inconsequential leak like this might even be a fully-intentional marketing strategy. Either way, what matters is you said developers don't watermark their footage, when they absolutely do: Everyone in the industry watermarks their footage.
    The laughing skull masks come from bugs wait now that I say that aloud that makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It looks to me like it has a small number of elements from Fyrakk, like the strongly-pointed chin. He may have been used as an input in the prompt.
    Looks to me like a generic fantasy orc amalgamation. So the print may simply have been "realistic orc standing in front of Iridikron in humanoid form".

Explains the weird orc that looks vaguely like it might be from WoW, as well as the humanoid in the background with what looks like an attempt at replicating his horns.

Well, that Kaldorei Heritage Quest was certainly one of the quests of all time.

To be fair, it does contain a lot of typical Night Elf flavour. The face marking ritual. Fighting the Legion. Maiev. A Highborne Mage. Felwood adventures in a barrow.

But the scope was way smaller than I had imagined.

That's an extremely specific scenario I didn't even propose....if this is real, its probably from someone on the WoW team. In fact considering how many leaks ended up being real for WoW, an inconsequential leak like this might even be a fully-intentional marketing strategy. Either way, what matters is you said developers don't watermark their footage, when they absolutely do: Everyone in the industry watermarks their footage.
    The laughing skull masks come from bugs wait now that I say that aloud that makes no sense
    I feel that if it was a real leak for the purpose of hype then there would be at least one thing that is immediately apparent as something we know. And nothing in this picture fits that bill. The Orc or whatever in the front doesn't even look like a WoW orc, and the humanoid in the background isn't clearly anyone either.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    There was SL box leak way before Bolvar store SS.
    It depicted Bastion or w/e that big white castle was.

On that 1 we also had "dark ranger customization" with pre-order.

So yeah.... Stick your arrogance where Sun doesnt shine.
    The bastion picture wasn't on the box, it was a digital blurb, and a picture of a box (which again, it wasn't) still isn't an angled low quality photo of a monitor, so that has nothing at all do to with what is being talked about. All of that stuff leaked as part of the digital assets for the Blizzcon announcements alongside OW2's assets.

Dark Ranger customization was a late Shadowlands feature (9.2.5) first datamined years more than a year after Shadowlands had already been out, not a pre-order feature. The """leak""" claiming it was part of shadowlands was edited from the press kit files above.

Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself and have zero idea what you are talking about.

Now I'm wondering what those masks come from. They aren't Orgon skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Well, that Kaldorei Heritage Quest was certainly one of the quests of all time.

To be fair, it does contain a lot of typical Night Elf flavour. The face marking ritual. Fighting the Legion. Maiev. A Highborne Mage. Felwood adventures in a barrow.

But the scope was way smaller than I had imagined.
    Tends to be the case with heritage questlines. You would never fit everything worth mentioning about a race, from lore to iconic questlines and locations all in one convenient package.

Hopefully we eventually get a world revamp so we can actually get the lore bit of said races, seeing as the heritage quests usually focus on iconic questlines. Like humans killing bandits in Westfall, or Forsaken commiting warcrimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Now I'm wondering what those masks come from. They aren't Orgon skulls.
    There was a weird bug in Gorgrond that I believe looked like that. Presumably a developer never figured out whether it should be an orc skull, or a bug facial exoskeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Somehow this image feels legit for me. Either this or guy behind leak is really smart, many people after work with image would put elaborate 2 page summary of fake expansion as "leak".

Definitely first person look like Orc, likely twisted in some way. Background of course is much more interesting.
    It looks like a twisted Orc to me as well. The question is in current WoW, where would a twisted Orc be coming from? Further, a twisted orc with grey skin and yellowish eyes?

Just putting it out there....

There was a weird bug in Gorgrond that I believe looked like that. Presumably a developer never figured out whether it should be an orc skull, or a bug facial exoskeleton.
    I thought the Grinning Skull Reaver mount was just supposed to be a WoD Ravager with the skull mask stuck on it. ie the skull is from something else.

Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2023-09-06 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It looks like a twisted Orc to me as well. The question is in current WoW, where would a twisted Orc be coming from? Further, a twisted orc with grey skin and yellowish eyes?
    You mean grey skin & glowing orange eyes? Lots of orcs have those.
    I feel that if it was a real leak for the purpose of hype then there would be at least one thing that is immediately apparent as something we know. And nothing in this picture fits that bill. The Orc or whatever in the front doesn't even look like a WoW orc, and the humanoid in the background isn't clearly anyone either.
    I mean it was posted directly to this forum. If its some sort of false flag leak that Blizzard posted intentionally they would want it to be ambiguous. If it were a fake creation or a rogue leaker, it would make something easily identifiable.