New patch logo leaked.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As far as we know.....

Also CGI orcs are pretty ugly to begin with;

Uhm excuse me but orcs are always incredibly ugly. No matter where and in which context or what games that's the whole point of orcs. I have no idea why blizzard and specifically metzen wanted to ride this horse of "orcs can be palls" until thrall was called green Jesus.
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2023-09-07 at 07:38 AM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Uhm excuse me but orcs are always incredibly ugly. No matter where and in which context or what games that's the whole point of orcs. I have no idea why blizzard and specifically metzen wanted to ride this horse of "orcs can be palls" horse until thrall was called green Jesus.
    LARPer detected

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    That was me spitballing though I was going with it being a Scourge Orc (Scorc?) vs a Hordey Human.
    I definitely can't see it being anything we're familiar with, even altered, if this really is a leak for World of Warcraft-related content. I'd be more inclined to guess it's some kind of creature local to a new landmass. If that's the case, I'd be inclined to take the "no pirates" thing with a grain of salt because I don't see us going to a new landmass that isn't specifically the one the Nightsquall was shooting for.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    LARPer detected

I definitely can't see it being anything we're familiar with, even altered, if this really is a leak for World of Warcraft-related content. I'd be more inclined to guess it's some kind of creature local to a new landmass. If that's the case, I'd be inclined to take the "no pirates" thing with a grain of salt because I don't see us going to a new landmass that isn't specifically the one the Nightsquall was shooting for.
    what the hell, because I spit out the fact that orcs are by defnition ugly you fantasize me into being a larper? yeah, no. I like elves though in a video game /shrug
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    What bothers me is the upper right corner. It looks like the picture is supposed to be rotated a bit when you would actually watch it on your screen. But then it would be crooked or am i wrong?
    The angle looks fine to me between the image and the corner. It's the text that seems utterly fucked.

Here's the picture adjusted to no longer be at roughly the angle I would expect it to be if the camera were aligned, going by the position of the corner. Now that I look at it, the figure in the background is also at a very unusual angle.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-09-07 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Today is 10.2 announcement day!
    AND 10.3 !!!! MAYBE???
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Uhm excuse me but orcs are always incredibly ugly. No matter where and in which context or what games that's the whole point of orcs. I have no idea why blizzard and specifically metzen wanted to ride this horse of "orcs can be palls" until thrall was called green Jesus.
    Hate to be that person but the thing u hate about Warcraft orcs is the one thing that makes them unique compared to other franchises? What?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Hate to be that person but the thing u hate about Warcraft orcs is the one thing that makes them unique compared to other franchises? What?
    nono, hatred is too much for orcs for me
    I just wanted to point out that the visual appearance of orcs is "monstrous" so one (like me) finding them ugly should be by design.
    Plus I wonder why "the people at blizzard" were so obsessed by that muscle pall stories between thrall and his friends. /shrug
    Didn't want to derail this thread, I am just a little bit fearing another orc xpac :S

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    AND 10.3 !!!! MAYBE???
    Didn't they hint towards Fractures in Time some time before 10.1's release in a similar livestream/event? Complete with namedropping Morchie even before she was even revealed properly and all that. I'd imagine if there really is a 10.3 then they might show a slide that hints where the story is going to go next(Like the Argus and Azshara teasers).

Also, that "orc" in the supposed cinematic leak looks a bit like a doomguard to me. And the background character could be an inquisitor, but the horns are different. Does anyone really want another Burning Legion expansion though, is the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonborn View Post
    Didn't they hint towards Fractures in Time some time before 10.1's release in a similar livestream/event? Complete with namedropping Morchie even before she was even revealed properly and all that. I'd imagine if there really is a 10.3 then they might show a slide that hints where the story is going to go next(Like the Argus and Azshara teasers).

Also, that "orc" in the supposed cinematic leak looks a bit like a doomguard to me. And the background character could be an inquisitor, but the horns are different. Does anyone really want another Burning Legion expansion though, is the thing.
    As I said before, I totally expect another reveal like 7.2 and 7.3 in Legion. Although instead of a picture of Argus, a cinematic, hence the leak that everybody is talking about.

It is way too soon for an 11.0 leak, unless they are announcing it before Blizzcon, which is very unlikely.

The picture is, IMO, clearly Warcraft related. That shoulderpad is as Warcraft as it can be. The creature is also an Orc. A different Orc, that is for sure, but an Orc, IMO influenced by Life. I cannot see a Dreadlord or a Stone Guard from Revendreth in that picture.

Also, the Orc and the other creature that we see, are of the same type. As many have pointed out, same scarf, same shoulderpads, same colours. The "horns" are not horns, but something that comes from the armour.

My guess is that they are the Heretics from Avaloren and that they are being attacked by Iridikron. 10.3 would be an introductory zone of the large continent that Avaloren would be.

I do not think there will be any mention of future patches other than 10.2 today. They need to save something for BlizzCon, and it makes sense to go over 2024's roadmap there. There is likely to be even more encrypted content in 10.2 than there was in 10.1.7, so they'll have no rush.

That said, I would welcome something entirely unexpected tonight. For example, instead of simply going to the Emerald Dream to face off with Fyrakk, they pull the rug out from under us.

Scenario:

Fyrakk is seen breaching the barrier to the Dream in a cinematic. But as he does, Life magic just completely envelopes him and crushes him to death in seconds. The tree has become so powerful, it is getting out of control.

We're given a 10.2 cinematic (a real CGI one) where forces of Life suddenly begin emerging from within the Dream. Appearing all over Azeroth. Sort of feral versions of creatures you'd expect to find in the Dream. Maybe Botani and stuff, too.

Guardians of the Dream becomes unexpectedly a patch where we need to restore the Dream to what it was, tranquilize it.

let's hope today's announcement brings us good things. I'm striving for new and good content.

i feel like 10.2 is the last patch but that would also mean we end on a weird note without solving the aspects regaining their power, alexstrasza's rumored corruption, iridikron, and wrathion's proper ending to his DF arc
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

PTR realms are on 10.2.0.51239 so if there are no further issues the only thing left is for them to push a client, maybe as soon as right after the announcement?

Hell yeah for some more orc stories!

Orcs > elves any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    PTR realms are on 10.2.0.51239 so if there are no further issues the only thing left is for them to push a client, maybe as soon as right after the announcement?
    I take that for granted. Hopefully two months of testing will be enough for an early November release.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Hell yeah for some more orc stories!

Orcs > elves any day.
    Belves over any of them though

I'd love it if we got a cinematic involving Fyrakk, druids of the flame and the Greens. DF's cinematic was probably the worst one (for me) so getting another one would be amazing. Fingers crossed but not putting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Wasn't there some guy in a leading role who left the cinematic team a few years ago? I wonder if that's when the change you've observed started happening. Can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Re: all the comments about the Keeper of the Grove and it looking non-Warcrafty, there might be a similar situation with the art direction for WoW going on. IIRC a guy called Chris Robinson used to headline many of Blizzard's panels when it comes to art. He was some type of Senior Art Director. Haven't seen him in a few years, did he quit?
    Not sure about the artists or leading designer, but I see some pattern from Legion to Shadowlands cinematic of how the characters look.

I guess it has a lot to do with the fact, that cinematics after Warlords of Draenor portrayed humans, or human-like beings (Sylvanas). And as far as I know it's incredibly hard to pull-off human faces, so that they don't fall into that weird pit of "uncanny valley". In my opinion, Varian from Legion cinematic is a perfect example of that issue - he's detailed and yet something feels off about his face and gestures. Same with Sylvanas.

I assume it's much easier to go with Saurfang, Grom or Greymane, as there is no direct comparison to real thing.

But that aside, what I loved about Warlords of Draenor is the story chunk it presented. It felt like a excerpt from TV series or something, wasn't too pathetic, perfect work of light in the dark surroundings. Build-up music. Even the shot, where Grom take up the Iron Star machine and aims on Mannaroth, there's a little zoom that may go unnoticed and yet, it gives a feeling of dynamic.
    Legion was pretty boring, Shadowlands had a bit of nostalgia ride, but was to narrow in story scope. Battle for Azeroth was too pompous for my taste, but it felt better in context of other CGI series like Old Soldier and Mak'gora cinematic.
    Dragonflight - well, I was suprised how boring it was really - beautiful but boring.

I have they can give us something like WoD again

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The angle looks fine to me between the image and the corner. It's the text that seems utterly fucked.

Here's the picture adjusted to no longer be at roughly the angle I would expect it to be if the camera were aligned, going by the position of the corner. Now that I look at it, the figure in the background is also at a very unusual angle.
    That's not how perspective works. Here is the same photo with fixed perspective. It looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtMash View Post
    That's not how perspective works. Here is the same photo with fixed perspective. It looks fine.
    Thanks for catching it. My spatial estimation was faulty and I assumed a different point of perspective. This seems more believable. I still have my suspicions, but the text seems clear.