1. #15461
    High Overlord RahEndymion's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Segmentum Solar
    Posts
    149
    This image leak, on the background character the things that people keep saying are artifacts or horns look an awful lot like sails in the distance to me? The background even looks like land/sea meeting..

    Am I loosing my mind here?

  2. #15462
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Another reason I think the leak is real is the "randomness" of it. What I mean is that fake leakers usually tend to draw from popular theories since they know it'll stir the pot.

    For 11.0, the popular theories are pirates, titans, and light v void.

    The leak has none of that.

    I'd be more inclined to call bullshit if the leak was a random naaru, or a boat or some titanic figure.

    Instead we get some weird distorted orc looking creature and another one too blurry to tell.


    If it was fake, why make something no one can recognize.

    So here's some examples on leaks that were real.

    So the bolvar leak, people thought it was fake since bolvar'd body was orange while the helm was blue.

    I say that's what proved it was real, because why would leaker make his helm blue??? If it was fake then his helm would have been orange too, because that's what people expect.

    Now for DF, the Alex print art gave it away because of the staff that Alex was holding.

    Alex never held any weapons, so why would a leaker randomly give her a staff???

    So basically the more random a cinematic leak is the more likely it's real since fake leakers wanna pull people in with what they know.
    Yeah, this smacks of the Bolvar leak where people thought it was fake because the of the color of his body. It's the same "we've never seen that in game so it must be fake" argument that we're seeing with this. People need to understand that just because its never been shown before doesn't mean that Blizzard isn't going to do it in the future.

  3. #15463
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, this smacks of the Bolvar leak where people thought it was fake because the of the color of his body. It's the same "we've never seen that in game so it must be fake" argument that we're seeing with this. People need to understand that just because its never been shown before doesn't mean that Blizzard isn't going to do it in the future.
    One of the sticking points for me is the odd design of the figure in the background, which seems to have little rhyme or reason to it. I'm also a bit suspicious of the strange angle with the nostril of the figure in the foreground and the fact in itself that this was posted so early. I'm not going to dismiss it entirely, but I still need more to assuage my suspicions.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  4. #15464
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    That was me spitballing though I was going with it being a Scourge Orc (Scorc?) vs a Hordey Human.
    That's my bet. Maybe its a world revamp reveal & they're showing recognizable characters fighting together in the new world? Like this could be Darian Morgraine & Nazgrim
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Uhm excuse me but orcs are always incredibly ugly. No matter where and in which context or what games that's the whole point of orcs. I have no idea why blizzard and specifically metzen wanted to ride this horse of "orcs can be palls" until thrall was called green Jesus.
    *marge potato meme* he just thinks they're neat
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Here's the picture adjusted to no longer be at roughly the angle I would expect it to be if the camera were aligned, going by the position of the corner. Now that I look at it, the figure in the background is also at a very unusual angle.
    You're not taking into consideration that the photo of the monitor isn't just askew, its also at an angle: so the right side is further from the camera than the left. If this is a leak its a good one. They've given us a good excuse for everything wrong with it.

  5. #15465
    If the photo leak is real then I’m of the opinion that the race is the heretics of Avaloren.

    They don’t look anything like Burning Legion demons we’ve seen, nor do they look anything like what a Light infused Orc is likely to look like.

    Otherwise I’m leaning towards World Revamp cinematic showing various races and it’s a Drogbar.

  6. #15466
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You're not taking into consideration that the photo of the monitor isn't just askew, its also at an angle: so the right side is further from the camera than the left. If this is a leak its a good one. They've given us a good excuse for everything wrong with it.
    I'm aware. @KurtMash caught it for me already.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  7. #15467
    if u see fyrakk here....
    Some charater with 2h weapon and horned helm

    - - - Updated - - -




  8. #15468
    Can someone do the "fake image detecting" stuff on this photo? Just like was done on the photo of the necropolis floating above Borean Tundra (which also went nowhere)
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  9. #15469
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Improvement? Obviously it’s subjective, but in my view Draenor cinematic in terms of quality is the best WoW cinematic ever released. Since Legion everything looks plastic and uncanny. The attention to detail in Draenor cinematic is crazy, even the drops of sweat on Grommash skin are there.

    Again, why it has to be a cosmic force? Why it’s not a different sub-species? Why not a new race actually? Of all the things, why Light? Why not a twisted experiment?

    I mean, you make a bold claim, but I can’t see any reason behind it other than - it’s a twisted character, I like the idea of Light Force as 11.0s theme, therefore it’s a character twisted by Light.

    Mkay.
    Improvement as in it doesn't look like a nasty, slobbering monster. It still looks monstrous, but it looks less slimy and gross as Grom looks in the WoD cinematic.

    As for why do I believe it's a cosmic force, specifically the light? Blizzard almost never gives us a left field expansion, they always leave clues and breadcrumbs that lead us to future expansions. There's no basis for a new subspecies of Orcs, and a new Azerothian race that looks like a warped orcs doesn't make much sense. The only known source for new orcs twisted or otherwise would be AU Draenor or Outland since that's where they originate from. Frankly, these being Orcs from AU Draenor makes the most sense, because the timeline between AU Draenor and MU Azeroth is not stable. Thus you could be pulling the Lightbound army from multiple points in time. For example, these could be Lightbound orcs being warped by the Naaru for decades or even centuries after we freed the Mag'har.

    I could be completely wrong about all of this, but I do believe this is what we're dealing with.

  10. #15470
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage79 View Post
    if u see fyrakk here....
    Some charater with 2h weapon and horned helm

    - - - Updated - - -



    If horn 2 would go behind the halbert, there is no way the halberd fully hides horn 2, unless it is broken off.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  11. #15471
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    One of the sticking points for me is the odd design of the figure in the background, which seems to have little rhyme or reason to it. I'm also a bit suspicious of the strange angle with the nostril of the figure in the foreground and the fact in itself that this was posted so early. I'm not going to dismiss it entirely, but I still need more to assuage my suspicions.
    The character in the background looks like the character in the foreground, just with a helmet on.

  12. #15472
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage79 View Post
    if u see fyrakk here....
    Some charater with 2h weapon and horned helm

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why would the artists make something that confusing though? Cinematics don't look that vague, unless you are going for a deliberately blurry shot it should always be clear what you are looking at.

    Someone asked an AI art program to have a horned character in the background, and the program didn't think to have one of the horns actually attached to the head, or in correct proportions for that matter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RahEndymion View Post
    This image leak, on the background character the things that people keep saying are artifacts or horns look an awful lot like sails in the distance to me? The background even looks like land/sea meeting..

    Am I loosing my mind here?
    That is some next level reaching to me. Sails don't look anything like that. Where are the masts for one?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #15473
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The character in the background looks like the character in the foreground, just with a helmet on.
    It's mainly the horn-like growths—that have a very odd and undefined shape—that tipped it off for me. See Sondrelk's assumption, which is the same as mine:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Someone asked an AI art program to have a horned character in the background, and the program didn't think to have one of the horns actually attached to the head, or in correct proportions for that matter.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  14. #15474
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Improvement as in it doesn't look like a nasty, slobbering monster. It still looks monstrous, but it looks less slimy and gross as Grom looks in the WoD cinematic.

    As for why do I believe it's a cosmic force, specifically the light? Blizzard almost never gives us a left field expansion, they always leave clues and breadcrumbs that lead us to future expansions. There's no basis for a new subspecies of Orcs, and a new Azerothian race that looks like a warped orcs doesn't make much sense. The only known source for new orcs twisted or otherwise would be AU Draenor or Outland since that's where they originate from. Frankly, these being Orcs from AU Draenor makes the most sense, because the timeline between AU Draenor and MU Azeroth is not stable. Thus you could be pulling the Lightbound army from multiple points in time. For example, these could be Lightbound orcs being warped by the Naaru for decades or even centuries after we freed the Mag'har.

    I could be completely wrong about all of this, but I do believe this is what we're dealing with.
    You are almost definitely wrong.

    There’s nothing there to indicate that the Light would turn something even more monstrous. If you want a read of what light “corruption” would do then look at Lothraxion.

    The race in the image looks a lot more like a drogbar than any orc we’ve seen in a CGI cinematic.


  15. #15475
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It's mainly the horn-like growths—that have a very odd and undefined shape—that tipped it off for me. See Sondrelk's assumption, which is the same as mine:
    The reason I think it is AI is because of the "orcs'" head. If you look at the front of his face, it looks like he's wearing a helm, obviously. But as you start looking more towards the left, the helm slowly fades into his body and then he suddenly also has 3 weird ear tentacles.

    The closest I could guess would be those plant orcs from Draenor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    You are almost definitely wrong.

    There’s nothing there to indicate that the Light would turn something even more monstrous. If you want a read of what light “corruption” would do then look at Lothraxion.

    The race in the image looks a lot more like a drogbar than any orc we’ve seen in a CGI cinematic.

    Image doesnt show for me
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  16. #15476
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The reason I think it is AI is because of the "orcs'" head. If you look at the front of his face, it looks like he's wearing a helm, obviously. But as you start looking more towards the left, the helm slowly fades into his body and then he suddenly also has 3 weird ear tentacles.

    The closest I could guess would be those plant orcs from Draenor.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Image doesnt show for me
    Yeah not sure why, used a different one but it was official blizz artwork of the Drogbar from wowpedia.

  17. #15477
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The reason I think it is AI is because of the "orcs'" head. If you look at the front of his face, it looks like he's wearing a helm, obviously. But as you start looking more towards the left, the helm slowly fades into his body and then he suddenly also has 3 weird ear tentacles.

    The closest I could guess would be those plant orcs from Draenor.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Image doesnt show for me
    Also how the orc looks more like a generic fantasy orc, rather than the defined look WoW orcs have.
    Even assuming corruption of some sort, why doesn't the orc look even close to the proportions we are used to? The face looks like a LESS exaggerated version of an orc, whereas corruption in WoW tends to make the character MORE exaggerated.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #15478
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    The race in the image looks a lot more like a drogbar than any orc we’ve seen in a CGI cinematic.

    The nose, though.
    Plus, ther armor is reddish.

  19. #15479
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even assuming corruption of some sort, why doesn't the orc look even close to the proportions we are used to?
    Not to mention that the ears aren't even at the right resting angle and look far larger and more batlike. They also look much too high, but I'm having trouble finding a recent cinematic still that shows the side of an orc's head very clearly. There's also the lack of lips.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  20. #15480
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,772
    Off topic, but I remember Blizzard saying we will have more CGI cinematics than before, was this a dream ? 0 during SL, 0 during DF, weird.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •