1. #15481
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The nose, though.
    That has me sure it's not a Drogbar, along with the mouth being much smaller. The ears and tusks are fairly similar, but that's where the similarities end.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  2. #15482
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The nose, though.
    Plus, ther armor is reddish.
    They can wear different armour though surely. The nose is the only feature of line whereas every other Drogbar feature lines up.

    The character in the cinematic looks nothing like WoW orcs we’ve seen in CGI at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That has me sure it's not a Drogbar, along with the mouth being much smaller. The ears and tusks are fairly similar, but that's where the similarities end.
    Yeah, for the record I feel like it’s more likely to be one of Avaloren’s races.

    I just don’t think it’s an Orc at all, they look nothing like the ones we’ve already seen in WoW cgi.

    The nose goes against it for being a Drogbar for sure but I see it has having more Drogbar similarities than Orc.

  3. #15483
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Yeah, for the record I feel like it’s more likely to be one of Avaloren’s races.

    I just don’t think it’s an Orc at all, they look nothing like the ones we’ve already seen in WoW cgi.

    The nose goes against it for being a Drogbar for sure but I see it has having more Drogbar similarities than Orc.
    I'm personally sticking with it being AI-generated. If I had to assume it's real, though, I'd definitely lean towards this particular race being an inhabitant of a new landmass. It looks absolutely nothing like what we've seen before on every possible count.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  4. #15484
    I would discard the creature being a Drogbar immediately, because, why would anyone would want to see a Drogbar in a cinematic? They are irrelevant. I would rather see a Niffen.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  5. #15485
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I would discard the creature being a Drogbar immediately, because, why would anyone would want to see a Drogbar in a cinematic? They are irrelevant. I would rather see a Niffen.
    The only character i could imagine would warrant showing a Drogbar would be Iridikron,but the person in the back is so clearly not him.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #15486
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I would discard the creature being a Drogbar immediately, because, why would anyone would want to see a Drogbar in a cinematic? They are irrelevant. I would rather see a Niffen.
    It would be fitting if it was a world revamp cinematic cycling through the various zones and the races that inhabit them.

  7. #15487
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,468
    Looks like a cross between Orc and Botani. That chin looks morphed like Mephisto’s in Diablo. I tought the background object was a humanoid but on closer look it stands like a banner.

  8. #15488
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    It would be fitting if it was a world revamp cinematic cycling through the various zones and the races that inhabit them.
    Drogbar are not on EK/Kalimdor
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  9. #15489
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The nose, though.
    Plus, ther armor is reddish.
    Much bigger issue is the chin. That "leak" is super-spiky, Drogbar have a pretty flat one.

  10. #15490
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Drogbar are not on EK/Kalimdor
    They could be though.
    Still, if we establish that they are Drogbar, then that leaves it open who the person in the back is that has a link to Drogbar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #15491
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    The nose goes against it for being a Drogbar for sure but I see it has having more Drogbar similarities than Orc.
    Still too many differences, though.

    All the similarities in the world don't matter if there's irreconcilable differences in even a few features.

  12. #15492
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Much bigger issue is the chin. That "leak" is super-spiky, Drogbar have a pretty flat one.
    It doesn't even look like anything in WoW. Maybe stoneborn of some description at a massive stretch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #15493
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Drogbar are not on EK/Kalimdor
    They could always migrate during the time skip.

    Or with a revamp, new underground areas could open up in mountainous regions like Stonetalon and we find out they were living there out of sight the whole time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Still too many differences, though.

    All the similarities in the world don't matter if there's irreconcilable differences in even a few features.
    Yeah fair enough. Ruling it out as Drogbar.

    Definitely don’t see how it could be a Lightbound Orc either. Not only does it look nothing like Warcraft Orcs, but we don’t know that light corruption would make things seem more beastly and monstrous. All we have to go off is Lothraxion - which is how I imagine light corrupted beings to look.

    Oh and LF Draenei too.

    If it’s real, it’s a new race from a new landmass for sure. Avaloren or Khaz Algar.

  14. #15494
    The character in the background is to me probably more intriguing than the one in the foreground. A few thoughts:
    * I highly doubt the "horns" are actually horns. If anything, they are attached to the shoulders and are moon shaped. In this way, they remind me a bit of samurai armor.

    * The red "scarf" also reminds me of WoW blademaster's pearls, but it might just be a red shirt under the armor?
    * Even if the moons are attached to the shoulders, it still looks wrong.

    * Alternatively, it may be a part of a "helmet" (like the Archimonde's headpiece), in which case I could see the blurriness and strong light making it look a bit different than it is in reality - when in reality it looks like this:

    * The head doesnt look quite orcish. The head of a creature in a background is pointy. When we look at a creature in a foreground we see the same thing - a sort of a pointy crest on a forehead. The creature in a foreground also has a pointy, split chin. None of these things can be seen on any kind of orc. They do however remind me of Dreanei Facial structures. Could these be some sort of Orc - Dreanei hybrids?
    * Last thought - if we discard the "pointy bits" on a face, and focus just on the "dried up" look of the creature in the foreground, could it be a scene from Yrel's forceful conversion of the orcs on Dreanor? The ones that do not accept the gift, are burned by it. Light is associated with hot, which would explain why the creature burned by Light looks like a dried up husk.

  15. #15495
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtMash View Post
    * I highly doubt the "horns" are actually horns. If anything, they are attached to the shoulders and are moon shaped. In this way, they remind me a bit of samurai armor.
    * Even if the moons are attached to the shoulders, it still looks wrong.

    * Alternatively, it may be a part of a "helmet" (like the Archimonde's headpiece), in which case I could see the blurriness and strong light making it look a bit different than it is in reality - when in reality it looks like this:
    I still maintain these are just the typical deformities of AI-generated art, especially because there's what strikes me as a very tangible sense of asymmetry. The most convincing interpretation you've given is the third, and I'm still just having trouble seeing it. They're simply too deformed for me to take as being anything other than an undefined, AI-produced shapeless thingamajigger. The absolute best I could imagine is Winged Hussar-like bits affixed to the back and distorted by the angle.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-09-07 at 11:39 AM.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  16. #15496
    The amount of time and energy spent on analyzing that dratted image could easily solve world hunger or cleaning the oceans.

    10.2 is 5 hours away!

  17. #15497
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The amount of time and energy spent on analyzing that dratted image could easily solve world hunger or cleaning the oceans.

    10.2 is 5 hours away!
    I wished someone would use that detect fake image software just like with the other alleged CGI cinematic image of a necropolis floating above Borean Tundra.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  18. #15498
    Hi MMo Champion

    I'm joining the Hype Train.

    Pirates?, Void vs Light?, 10.2 hype?

    Lets goooo!!!!!!


  19. #15499
    Quote Originally Posted by PepeThePirate View Post
    Hi MMo Champion

    I'm joining the Hype Train.

    Pirates?, Void vs Light?, 10.2 hype?

    Lets goooo!!!!!!

    New scaleface account? Pog
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  20. #15500
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I wished someone would use that detect fake image software just like with the other alleged CGI cinematic image of a necropolis floating above Borean Tundra.
    I'm doubtful that would work for detecting AI-generated art. The deformations they produce are distinct from those in an altered image.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •