1. #15541
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I also made my really low effort one ¡¡

    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  2. #15542
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    A poster suggesting we've never seen an example of malevolant light is what I was talking about. I'm glad that nobody is suggesting that the light can't be malevolant? I guess?
    But generally the Light doesn't transform them into hideous monsters. Besides you were using Revendrath incursion as an example of malevolence which is incorrect.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  3. #15543
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What functionality could Dragonriding gain though? Feels like it's about as effective as it could possibly be.
    A U-turn function would be very useful. Spend one vigor, turn 180 and gain a bit of altitude by going vertical and up while losing no momentum

  4. #15544
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What functionality could Dragonriding gain though? Feels like it's about as effective as it could possibly be.
    I think a hover function would be neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  5. #15545
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What functionality could Dragonriding gain though? Feels like it's about as effective as it could possibly be.
    Maybe a 5 second sleep to regain all vigor, to fit the theme.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  6. #15546
    But will 10.2 beat the final major patch allegations?

  7. #15547
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    But will 10.2 beat the final major patch allegations?
    I guess we'll know...


    SOON. (Yes I will be disappointed if it is bite me)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  8. #15548
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I think a hover function would be neat.
    That kind of removes the point of dynamic flight. Now something like "Spend 1 Vigor. Gain the ability to hover for 10 seconds" would work.

  9. #15549
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    How the lights influence in revendreth isn't considered malevolent is beyond me.
    Revendreth was committing atrocities which the light viewed as an affront, so it was retribution, not malevolence.

    The Naaru leading the Lightbound are actively attempting to conquer other people against their will. That's an example of malevolence.

  10. #15550
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    But generally the Light doesn't transform them into hideous monsters. Besides you were using Revendrath incursion as an example of malevolence which is incorrect.
    I wasn't and have never suggested that the light would turn anything into a hideous monster?

    And secondly, I disagree. The level of damage the light incursion dealt left scars. It was damage intended to harm and is slowly causing suffering inhabitants of that realm over time.

    I'm not going to split hairs right now over the definition of malevolance and whether one sign of action by a cosmic force is or isn't it.

    The cinematic if real is Fyrakk minions assaulting and tearing their own way into the dream. The simple answer is usually right.

  11. #15551
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I wasn't and have never suggested that the light would turn anything into a hideous monster?

    And secondly, I disagree. The level of damage the light incursion dealt left scars. It was damage intended to harm and is slowly causing suffering inhabitants of that realm over time.

    I'm not going to split hairs right now over the definition of malevolance and whether one sign of action by a cosmic force is or isn't it.

    The cinematic if real is Fyrakk minions assaulting and tearing their own way into the dream. The simple answer is usually right.
    Which wouldn't of happened if Revendreath wasn't messing with the Light and we all know who was in charge of the realm of the time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  12. #15552
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Revendreth was committing atrocities which the light viewed as an affront, so it was retribution, not malevolence.

    The Naaru leading the Lightbound are actively attempting to conquer other people against their will. That's an example of malevolence.
    Again, not splitting hairs over definitions. But retribution can of course be done with malevolance. You can be spiteful and enjoy revenge, you can go further than you need to and cause more harm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which wouldn't of happened if Revendreath wasn't messing with the Light and we all know who was in charge of the realm of the time.
    Again, I'm not really sure what that has to do with what I'm saying but, yeah?

  13. #15553
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Again, not splitting hairs over definitions. But retribution can of course be done with malevolance. You can be spiteful and enjoy revenge, you can go further than you need to and cause more harm.
    Which would fit what you are trying to say but that isn't what happened. The Light struck back, there's nothing malevolent about it. You just assume it was.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  14. #15554
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    You’re choosing to ignore Lothraxion.

    Also, you’re ignoring that the description of the Lightforged Draenei is literally that of “infusing their bodies with the very essence of the holy light.”

    As per - https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lightforged_draenei

    Using that logic, would that not make the Lightforged Draenei hulking corrupted monsters as seen of the ones in the leaked picture?
    Well no, because the Lightforged Draenei were utilized for a different purpose, and were largely working with the light by choice. This includes Lothraxion. The Lightbound are forcefully converting people, and the Naaru leading it are malevolent, not benevolent protectors like the light-based Naaru we encounter on Argus.

    There isn’t a “good” and a “bad” light, with the good light making you bright gold and angelic, with the bad light making you a hulking monstrosity. Whether they’re “corrupted” with the Light or infused willingly, the effects will still be the same.
    Here's the thing, Orcs are already hulking monstrosities. The light warping them to have lighter skin, horns and weird ears wouldn't be a huge issue.

    Just like those that willingly infused with Fel such as Kil’jaeden and the orcs that drank Mannoroth’s blood were all twisted and transformed upon being infused with Fel.
    Well yes because Fel is always a malevolent force because it is destructive by nature.

    You’re letting yourself be blinded just because you want the next expansion to be Lightbound Orcs and Yrel.
    Nope, the evidence points in that direction. It's not about what I want or don't want.

  15. #15555
    [QUOTE=Nibelheimy;54211787]Again, not splitting hairs over definitions. But retribution can of course be done with malevolance. You can be spiteful and enjoy revenge, you can go further than you need to and cause more harm.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Again, I'm not really sure what that has to do with what I'm saying but, yeah?[/QUOTE

    C'mon bro, Revendreth sent spies in order to infiltrate the ranks of every power, are we really going to put the Light's retaliation as malevolance? they even took a naaru as prisoner. Anyway Aeluron is right, lightbound or Illidan forced conversion is more apparent type of malevolance, you just don't wanna change your first argument, and dying on a hill for it... fine, Blizzard is influenced by real life, every cosmic power does what it needs, no pure right no pure wrong, the light isn't all good, and the void isn't all bad... that's their trend now, the Light used to be pure good in early warcraft.

  16. #15556
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Safio View Post
    C'mon bro, Revendreth sent spies in order to infiltrate the ranks of every power, are we really going to put the Light's retaliation as malevolance? they even took a naaru as prisoner. Anyway Aeluron is right, lightbound or Illidan forced conversion is more apparent type of malevolance, you just don't wanna change your first argument, and dying on a hill for it... fine, Blizzard is influenced by real life, every cosmic power does what it needs, no pure right no pure wrong, the light isn't all good, and the void isn't all bad... that's their trend now, the Light used to be pure good in early warcraft.
    Exactly, and what better way to push the fact that the light can be evil than by having it freakishly warp the appearances of a well established WoW race like Orcs?

    I believe it makes perfect sense.

  17. #15557
    Quote Originally Posted by Safio View Post
    C'mon bro, Revendreth sent spies in order to infiltrate the ranks of every power, are we really going to put the Light's retaliation as malevolance? they even took a naaru as prisoner.
    Because Lothraxion was evidently one of the demonic nathrezim in the Burning Legion rather than one of the original wave of infiltrators sent to the other Cosmic Forces, I wonder if we'll ever see the original nathrezim that were sent to infiltrate—and presumably wound up fully converted to, thus prompting the smiting of Revendreth—the Light.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"


    You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

  18. #15558
    [QUOTE=Safio;54211793]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Again, not splitting hairs over definitions. But retribution can of course be done with malevolance. You can be spiteful and enjoy revenge, you can go further than you need to and cause more harm.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Again, I'm not really sure what that has to do with what I'm saying but, yeah?[/QUOTE

    C'mon bro, Revendreth sent spies in order to infiltrate the ranks of every power, are we really going to put the Light's retaliation as malevolance? they even took a naaru as prisoner. Anyway Aeluron is right, lightbound or Illidan forced conversion is more apparent type of malevolance, you just don't wanna change your first argument, and dying on a hill for it... fine, Blizzard is influenced by real life, every cosmic power does what it needs, no pure right no pure wrong, the light isn't all good, and the void isn't all bad... that's their trend now, the Light used to be pure good in early warcraft.
    I never commented on forced conversion at all. Or had an original point on this topic other than saying I thought that the lights effects on revendreth and the damage it causes it's inhabitants is malevolant. I believe you're confusing me with somebody else.

    My original discussion points the past few pages has been on if the cinematic is real, it's probably Fyrakk minions attacking the dream. But again it's drowned in cosmic forces and Lightbound discussions.

  19. #15559
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Maybe a 5 second sleep to regain all vigor, to fit the theme.
    Making Dragonriding even more trivial would certainly fit the general theme of Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot long term in order to please the playerbase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A U-turn function would be very useful. Spend one vigor, turn 180 and gain a bit of altitude by going vertical and up while losing no momentum
    I don't think that would be necessary. Maybe if Dragonriding worked more like how it did in the early stages it might be neat, but you can do what is basically a U-turn already. Would probably also be horribly disorienting to actually use, what with having to move the camera 180 degrees at the same time.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #15560
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Improvement as in it doesn't look like a nasty, slobbering monster. It still looks monstrous, but it looks less slimy and gross as Grom looks in the WoD cinematic.

    As for why do I believe it's a cosmic force, specifically the light? Blizzard almost never gives us a left field expansion, they always leave clues and breadcrumbs that lead us to future expansions. There's no basis for a new subspecies of Orcs, and a new Azerothian race that looks like a warped orcs doesn't make much sense. The only known source for new orcs twisted or otherwise would be AU Draenor or Outland since that's where they originate from. Frankly, these being Orcs from AU Draenor makes the most sense, because the timeline between AU Draenor and MU Azeroth is not stable. Thus you could be pulling the Lightbound army from multiple points in time. For example, these could be Lightbound orcs being warped by the Naaru for decades or even centuries after we freed the Mag'har.

    I could be completely wrong about all of this, but I do believe this is what we're dealing with.
    I've got your point. My problem is that Blizzard never portrayed light-infused beings as viciously-looking, killing machines with red glow in their eyes.
    But even if that's not the case, and they are not light-infused, but rather simply twisted by Light for it to achieve it's goals through the means of bloodthirsty orcish army, still - there's no evidence of that happening in past really and it might be ridiculously hard to establish. For what we have seen, light tried to infuse Illidan against his own will, but still, that's about infusion.

    There is no basis for new orc subspecies, that's true, since these few decades of orcs' presence on Azeroth wouldn't be enough for them to evolve that drastically, but a completely new race? Sure - this character from image even looks a bit like Predator, so it could have been inspiration as well, and it's just the face profile that leads to conclusion it has to do something with an orc.
    Armor looks a bit like a samurai, so maybe they go for new continent, with entirely new race, and a theme rooted in Japanese culture?
    In fact, if the leak is legit, it might not even be a World of Warcraft 11.0 cinematic but since we are in the subject of 11.0, there are plenty of possibilties, and Lightbound army of orcs seems to be the furthest away to be absolutely honest.

    Let's go even wilder - I once suspected, that if revamp were to be happening, it would be a perfect opportunity to move the story forward a few decades and provide some new characters and absolutely brand-new stories. Would be funny if that is an orc indeed, and the cinematic is in the style of the old-school classic ones, were there were races fighting each other. Just an idea

    And on a side note, it's obviously my personal taste, but the whole idea of orcs and light feels like eating a pizza with a chocolate sauce on it. It just doesn't go well together, feels odd and off-putting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •