Interesting updates. Reading the raid journal I can't help but imagine how hilarious it would be if Fyrakk were to succeed and 'remake the world in flame' and that's what the fireboi orc picture was about.

On a more serious note, if the tree itself is to end up on the ilses.. If the zaralek cavern loading screen tech could be upgraded so that flying far enough out into the ocean would trigger it, and let you end up in other continents without loading screens, would the new night elf home (if it is truly to be there) still feel as removed from the world? I'd like to think it wouldn't be the case.

I know using it for island transportation for ships was an idea most people could get behind, but I wonder if they intend to connect the continents themselves with dynamic riding. Although I.e. The distance between say Azshara and Lorderon seems too far for a 10 second fly screen.
    Last edited by Nibelheimy; 2023-09-08 at 03:51 AM.

More old stuff is being revamped, but still, it's all vehicles, ships, tabards, transmogs, holiday events, things that aren't attached to a location. So, it can mean nothing.

(I know you guys already talked about it) But this is best thing I read today:

No more World Revamp doomsaying, it's not impossible to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    More old stuff is being revamped, but still, it's all vehicles, ships, tabards, transmogs, holiday events, things that aren't attached to a location. So, it can mean nothing.

(I know you guys already talked about it) But this is best thing I read today:

No more World Revamp doomsaying, it's not impossible to happen!
    Very nice to hear that it's not a never ever situation. Even if it's not next, it is inevitable.

I've always said these anniversaries will probably lead to this year's announcement having more eyes on it since even the very early days of wow. if not a revamp, it should be big.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    See that's what I thought too, the Dark Iron acquisition quest story was when the Cult of Ragnaros showed up, Smolderon the Fire Lord (the one the shaman players put in charge as Fire Lord) was mysteriously gone by the time the cult showed up. So it would've been something like the Cult took the new Fire Lord and hold him as a puppet until they can get Ragnaros back.

BUT... since Smolderon is a boss in the 10.2 raid, that plotline is thrown out the window... not to mention that this is the first time an Elemental Lord is working with the Incarnates, which there wasn't any prior interaction between the two until today so it only raises more questions of why he (Smolderon) is even involved in all this in the first place.

Maybe they can do something with the Cult of Ragnaros and turn it into some big radical group of Dark Irons that don't like the direction that Moira is taking the kingdom and try to usurp her... but I don't know how they'll do it if they don't have the Fire Lord with them. (I was hoping they could use them to make a Mega Dungeon for Shadowforge/Blackrock Depths where we have to fight through the city.. but with 8 bosses as opposed to....however many BRD had.)
    I really hope we get an explanation as to why Smolderon is there and we don't just show up and end him without learning anything.
    An elemental lord working together with the incarnates is huge and should be explored more.

Also, do we have any pics of the new druid forms? Saw a post on wowhead about it but am currently in a country where wowhead doesn't work and can't open the article

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    I'm so excited boys!
    But what will the approach be?

1) A soft revamp with simply new models

2) An intermediate revamp, models are updated with some additions and terrain adjustments

3) A full revamp, the land is completely new and everything is bigger

So many possibilities!
    I imagine with Ion stating they've learnt from Cata's mistake of removing the older world without a way to re-access. They'd feel free to to go of the rails with it and really change things up.

I'm so excited boys!
    But what will the approach be?

2) An intermediate revamp, models are updated with some additions and terrain adjustments

So many possibilities!
    Expect the ziidormi treatment
    Revamp but with the option to phase back and only a few zones at a time

7+ Year Old Account
    Nymue was placed in this verdant realm by Eonar when she and Freya shaped the Dream. In Wellspring Temple, they enforce and protect the ordering of the Emerald Dream, weaving its wilderness into complex patterns.
    So, Eonar was involved alongside Freya, Nymue is a titan creation and from the sounds of it they ordered the dream ala Azeroth and didn't create it themselves.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Very nice to hear that it's not a never ever situation. Even if it's not next, it is inevitable.
    Yeah, and he doesn't even say something like "It could happen, but it would be a monumental task", as he did while addressing housing some time ago in another interview.

I don't know if it will happen in 11.0, but I couldn't be happier knowing that's not impossible.

The funny thing is that every speculation thread will have World Revamp speculation until either Blizzard changes their minds or it happens.

LMAO

I only want to see playable races' lore fleshed out, so any concept with this will be good, IMO.

The graphical uplift is just a welcome bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So, Eonar was involved alongside Freya, Nymue is a titan creation and from the sounds of it they ordered the dream ala Azeroth and didn't create it themselves.
    I hate to bring this up but the wording in that description and design of that boss really invokes Zereth Mortis. MORE PATTERNS.

It almost gives me hope they may actually retcon the first ones and just say the shadowlands is titan ordered death, and not true death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Perhaps this is not for WoW, after all, but could still be meant for Blizzcon:

"Blizzard Confirms Annual Diablo 4 Expansions"

https://wccftech.com/annual-diablo-4-expansions/

It's very clearly a Stoneborn Venthyr, I don't know why people are so adamant to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I imagine with Ion stating they've learnt from Cata's mistake of removing the older world without a way to re-access. They'd feel free to to go of the rails with it and really change things up.
    it could mean we can still play cata zones in a cata server. Classic server is a thing so Cata server could be a thing in the future, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It's very clearly a Stoneborn Venthyr, I don't know why people are so adamant to say otherwise.
    The teeth orientation doesn't match:

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Perhaps this is not for WoW, after all, but could still be meant for Blizzcon:

"Blizzard Confirms Annual Diablo 4 Expansions"

https://wccftech.com/annual-diablo-4-expansions/
    That feels very plausible, if the image is real. I'm personally still a little suspicious of the image itself, but that would definitely make more sense.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-09-08 at 05:34 AM.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

I just watched a wowcurious video on a quick fly through of the new zone. Interestingly at one point he flies over a massive wind elemental sharing thunderaans model which is just stood in the zone.. I wonder if Neptulon and Therazane are also present.

Hey I just thought of something....

So let's just say 10.2 is the final major patch, since Fyrakk does drop an AOTC mount.

But as many have said, this doesn't feel like the end and blizz said there's more story to tell...

So there's 9 bosses here...

Let's look at the previous 3 final raids...

SotFO had 11 bosses

NtWC had 12

AtBT had 11

Final raids tend to have more than 10 bosses at least.

So here's what I'm guessing, we're going to get an extra one or two boss raid in 2.5 or 2.7 that will bridge DF with 11.0 similar to ruby sanctum.

Prob as the culmination of tyrs story and the aspects regaining their power.

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Hey I just thought of something....

So let's just say 10.2 is the final major patch, since Fyrakk does drop an AOTC mount.

But as many have said, this doesn't feel like the end and blizz said there's more story to tell...

So there's 9 bosses here...

Let's look at the previous 3 final raids...

SotFO had 11 bosses

NtWC had 12

AtBT had 11

Final raids tend to have more than 10 bosses at least.

So here's what I'm guessing, we're going to get an extra one or two boss raid in 2.5 or 2.7 that will bridge DF with 11.0 similar to ruby sanctum.

Prob as the culmination of tyrs story and the aspects regaining their power.
    Or. . . Blizzard is just giving less emphasis to raids going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    All of which are minor enough to be normal variation within a species. The WC3 grunt is the only one outside that. But it is just as off when compared to older concepts, not just the newer ones. It looks like it was made by somebody who never bothered to check what WC Orcs actually look like.
    Maybe it'a a new design for fel corrupted Orcs (notice the red eyes). Or, affected by another magic (the hard skin makes me think of Botani bark, for some reason).

My children… any last doubt I had about a World Revamp… is gone.
    - Ion’s approval
    - All the juicy datamined new models for vehicles, sets and tabards
    - Gradual revamp of models of all old creatures
    - Bits of lore dropped left and right for future old world stories

The planets are aligned and it’s all coming together! 11.0 will be our World Revamp expansion.