Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or. . . Blizzard is just giving less emphasis to raids going forward.
    And instead emphasize what? Rehashed dungeons for m+? No way...

Either 10.3 is real or we need an extra small raid and 11.0 to release in aug

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The planets are aligned and it’s all coming together! 11.0 will be our World Revamp expansion.
    Ain't confirmed until it comes out. Don't forget how many 'confirmed's we had about past expansions. Or if you like other leaks, the Grinch Leak over in Smash Bros

And, well, the Cata stuff is relevant because there are absolutely those out there line me who don't care about the world revamp because we remember Cata. The new stuff is what we need and care about.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Thank god it has a red/green orb version. It would be such a slap if this isnt available for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Ain't confirmed until it comes out. Don't forget how many 'confirmed's we had about past expansions. Or if you like other leaks, the Grinch Leak over in Smash Bros And, well, the Cata stuff is relevant because there are absolutely those out there line me who don't care about the world revamp because we remember Cata. The new stuff is what we need and care about.
    Yea...all the lack of resolution to various storylines needs to be forgotten because it's only "now" that matters...until it isn't "now."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yea...all the lack of resolution to various storylines needs to be forgotten because it's only "now" that matters...until it isn't "now."
    Are there any big storylines that need go to back to the old world at this point outside of "Where are we going to stick the NElf tree"? Or is this about how Cata handled its resolution because, Cata didn't handle it well. Its heavy Vanilla focused 'hey remember this?' completely falls flat for anyone who didn't play in Vanilla, which is a substantial number of people. I've got a friend who started in Cata and when stuff comes up, I frequently tell her "Yup, that was a thing in Vanilla" in respect of quests and the like.

I can get through Durotar and Elwynn blind at this point. A new coat of paint on zones I finished exploring nearly 20 years ago isn't going to convince me to slap down $60 dollaridoos on "All those old zones, but with a new hat!", especially when I can just, y'know. Visit those zones already. And have been able to for nearly 20 years. I don't even need an expansion to go out to Eastern Kingdoms and if an expansion is trying to sell me on "Can go to Eastern Kingdoms" then I gotta wonder '.... I can do that. Why?'

An expansion needs to expand the game, not repaint existing stuff. There needs to be something new. You already see the M+ people slathering at the bit that we haven't had any new dungeons since the Infinite one, that's going to be me if the new content is just "Yup, you've already been here and sorted out its problems back in Vanilla and Cata, but now you've gotta go back as the wheel of villains spun again"

Something I find a little bit interesting about 10.1.7 and 10.2 is how it emulates the Molten Front, Hyjal, and Firelands content of Cataclysm.

We've had almost all the iconic parts of Cataclysm make a return in Dragonflight so far, such as:

- Cultists (Primalists instead of Twilight's Hammer)
    - Elemental Lords (Primal Incarnates + Fire Lord dude in 10.2)
    - Elements in general
    - Dragons and Dragon Aspects
    - Heavy focus on Deathwing
    - Void hints in the background
    - Zones that are kinda closely connected to nature and the elements etc. For example a lot of similarites between Uldum and Thaldrazsus, Deepholm and Zaralek, Hyjal and Emerald Dream, etc.
    - Big fiery and void-infused dragon goes berserk
    - Druids of the Flame, Hyjal, Night Elves, Molten Front, Firelands, etc. We even had a Guardians of Hyjal rep faction back then
    - New way to fly (flying on Azeroth became available in Cata)
    - Big changes to classes and talent trees
    - End Time and other bronze dragon concepts in focus
    - Book about the dragons coming out
    - Raid dungeons themed around elements, dragons and the Void
    - Lots of Explorer's League content, as they investigate the Titans and their machinations

What are we missing, though?

- Thrall
    - World revamp
    - Gilneas and Kezan
    - Archaeology was introduced in Cata
    - Garrosh and Varian (duh)
    - Malfurion and Harrison Jones (come back to us, boys)

Because we know Dragonflight will be to 11.0 what BfA was to Shadowlands, and WoD was to Legion, I think it's pretty safe to say that the next expansion will feature Thrall, a world revamp, and the return of archaeology. Gilneas will have a nice update, and Undermine will be incorporated into the main world as a new zone.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-09-08 at 07:14 AM.

An expansion needs to expand the game, not repaint existing stuff. There needs to be something new. You already see the M+ people slathering at the bit that we haven't had any new dungeons since the Infinite one, that's going to be me if the new content is just "Yup, you've already been here and sorted out its problems back in Vanilla and Cata, but now you've gotta go back as the wheel of villains spun again"
    Game can be expanded in many ways and revamp is one of them, because IT IS a new content - i doubt they will just do a fresh coat of paint, they will actually have new story and all the content style we get with the usual patches.

It's finally time for some more mainland azeroth races stories, if your idea of "expanding" the game is going to yet another new island and forgetting about everything else then i find your idea very boring at this point.

Cataclysm released 13 years ago, get over it already, another thing is that they can do better this time.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-09-08 at 07:18 AM.

Are there any big storylines that need go to back to the old world at this point outside of "Where are we going to stick the NElf tree"? Or is this about how Cata handled its resolution because, Cata didn't handle it well. Its heavy Vanilla focused 'hey remember this?' completely falls flat for anyone who didn't play in Vanilla, which is a substantial number of people. I've got a friend who started in Cata and when stuff comes up, I frequently tell her "Yup, that was a thing in Vanilla" in respect of quests and the like.

I can get through Durotar and Elwynn blind at this point. A new coat of paint on zones I finished exploring nearly 20 years ago isn't going to convince me to slap down $60 dollaridoos on "All those old zones, but with a new hat!", especially when I can just, y'know. Visit those zones already. And have been able to for nearly 20 years. I don't even need an expansion to go out to Eastern Kingdoms and if an expansion is trying to sell me on "Can go to Eastern Kingdoms" then I gotta wonder '.... I can do that. Why?'

Because there is a marked difference between going to a place, and having a reason to go to a place.
    I can go to Feralas, but there isn't any reason to, and there isn't any gameplay challenge there. Resources I can gather are mostly pointless, and the lore I can learn is outdated.

A revamp makes it so that you can reexplore areas. They won't be markedly different necessarily, but they will provide the gameplay that makes going somewhere rewarding. New quests which can present zones in a way you have not seen them, or references to events that has not taken place yet in the version of the zone you are able to see.
    Areas can make you use of storytelling techniques that were not available to the developers back in Cata. The Defias Dreadnought could be seen moving for instance.

Areas can also change drastically, changing the story of the zone. Eastern Plaguelands could be further cleansed, and stories could be told where humans want to resettle Stratholme. Or Botani could have taken residence in Dire Maul, filling it with the kind of imagery we saw in Gorgrond. Maybe there is a giant crashed Legion ship somewhere that bandits are pillaging.

If what you want is something completely new, then no, a world revamp might not be for you. But then again, you rarely see a completely new idea for a zone. The zones in the Shadowlands were as different as they come, and even then Maldraxxus was just more mushrooms like what we got in the Plaguelands, and Ardenweald is just a blue tinged variant of the Emerald Dream landscape we had already seen in Val'sharah.

In short, while having something completely new offers more stuff to explore, it isn't new for so long that you don't eventually feel it's been played out and familiar a few months in. A world revamp will reach this point slightly faster, but will in comparison have a larger area to play with, and be able to coast on nostalgia, which is not something you necessarily get from a zone that relies on the shiny new toy feeling.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Are there any big storylines that need go to back to the old world at this point outside of "Where are we going to stick the NElf tree"?
    Blizzard has directly mentioned Gilneas. Beyond that, how much time do you have? Let's start geographicall from Quel'thalas and then go clockwise?
    How are efforts to contain the Dead Scar and reclaim lost lands in Silvermoon?
    What is the state of the Amani after Zul'jin died, Drakara died and the Revantusk conquered Jintha'alor
    How are Argent Dawn efforts to cleanse Stratholme and the rest of the Eastweald going?
    What is the state of Strom?
    Did Forsaken maintain their presence in Alterac City? Have they been building in Andorhal?
    Depending on the state of Strom and given that Dark Iron forces are no longer opposed to the other clans, what is the state of Khaz Modan infrastracture; has the Loch Modan dam and the Thandol Span been rebuild?
    What happened to the Wildhammer clans of Twilight Highlands? Have they remained there or have they been displaced?
    What will happen with the Ironforge Crown; when will Moira's son take over? What about the Cult of Ragnaros?
    What is the state of Redridge after the Scourge Invasion during Shadowlands?
    Has Darkshire been repopulated?
    What is the state of Westfall after the events of the Human Heritage questline?
    Is anyone watching the Dark Portal after Netherguard Keep was destroyed?
    What is the state of Zul'gurub?
    Has Gadzetan actually expanded?
    Have the Wastewalker tribes build settlements now that they have made peace with the Tol'vir?
    What sword?
    Had Gazlowe been replaced as the leader of Ratchet? Does it remain neutral/Steamwheedle-aligned?
    What happened to Goblin Kottick?
    How have the Botani who crossed the Time Rift affected the Barrens?
    Can the orcs develop agriculture so they can actually be self-sufficient?
    Did the trolls build a proper settlement in the Echo Isles by now?
    Where are the Night Elf refugee?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-09-08 at 07:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has directly mentioned Gilneas. Beyond that, how much time do you have? Let's start geographicall from Quel'thalas and then go clockwise?
    How are efforts to contain the Dead Scar and reclaim lost lands in Silvermoon?
    What is the state of the Amani after Zul'jin died, Drakara died and the Revantusk conquered Jintha'alor
    How are Argent Dawn efforts to cleanse Stratholme and the rest of the Eastweald going?
    What is the state of Strom?
    Did Forsaken maintain their presence in Alterac City? Have they been building in Andorhal?
    Depending on the state of Strom and given that Dark Iron forces are no longer opposed to the other clans, what is the state of Khaz Modan infrastracture; has the Loch Modan dam and the Thandol Span been rebuild?
    What happened to the Wildhammer clans of Twilight Highlands? Have they remained there or have they been displaced?
    What will happen with the Ironforge Crown; when will Moira's son take over? What about the Cult of Ragnaros?
    What is the state of Redridge after the Scourge Invasion during Shadowlands?
    Has Darkshire been repopulated?
    What is the state of Westfall after the events of the Human Heritage questline?
    Is anyone watching the Dark Portal after Netherguard Keep was destroyed?
    What is the state of Zul'gurub?
    Has Gadzetan actually expanded?
    Have the Wastewalker tribes build settlements now that they have made peace with the Tol'vir?
    What sword?
    Had Gazlowe been replaced as the leader of Ratchet? Does it remain neutral/Steamwheedle-aligned?
    What happened to Goblin Kottick?
    How have the Botani who crossed the Time Rift affected the Barrens?
    Can the orcs develop agriculture so they can actually be self-sufficient?
    Did the trolls build a proper settlement in the Echo Isles by now?
    Where are the Night Elf refugee?
    I'm quite sure Goblin Kotick died on the way to his yacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1699914573933928487

New hair colors for blood elves. Green made me think in druids
    That certainly was worth highlighting in the roadmap.

You should spend more time in the lore forum. These posts sum up the problem well;
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Basically what is happening with all the plots in general. Only in BFA this mistake that blizzard makes was highlighted. From "we are going to do A even if it doesn't look good now because it will be useful when we do B in the future" but they never do B. So A remains a blot on the lore.

It's like they "pay for something that never arrives". And the debt they have already accumulated is so great that they cannot meet it in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They cashed in checks on the backs of the Forsaken and Night Elves. The main difference is that the setup of Shadowlands required that Sylvanas, the character, be given a conclusion and that the Forsaken are a race the writers don't care about so they're fine with compromising so long as they stay in their cul de sac and never appear. Calia was massively pushed in BFA, but Danuser didn't have the same interest in her as Alex did. The Night Elves meanwhile are a massively more prominent race, so when their mandatory tree content is added, it has to inevitably deal with the tree, but it can't, because world peace is mandated so any rational follow-up is banned, so they've spun their wheels now for soon to be six years.
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The lore has a debt of plots that started and didn't finish and now they are to the point that they can't start new plots because many people keep asking about the old plots. (That's how I see it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I think Night Elves fans ironically mirror the way Night Elves view themselves, in that they constantly demand story focus, after being the most focused race in the narrative. But really what they want is only good things to happen to them, even though that doesn't make a good story.

• "The Night Elves were given immortality for being Elune's favorite children." Actually they got immortality as an unintended side effect of Alexstrazsa using a seedling of G'hanir plug up the second Well of Eternity they made without permission.
    • "The Night Elves were abandoned by Elune." Actually Elune simply let nature take its course. The Night Elves have outlived anything resembling a natural lifespan & there was no reason for Elune to save them. The added detail of Elune wanting them to die so they could help Ardenweald is so stupid its funny. But that just depicts Elune as incompetent.
    • "The Night Elves were rendered homeless after the loss of Teldrassil." Valsharah, Feralas. Hyjal. Literally no reason they didn't move into those well-established Night Elf communities. There was plenty of room.
    • "The Night Elves are pious defenders of nature" Actually they do whatever they feel like & call that the best interests of nature.

"Why are they treating Night Elves so badly?" They're just very subtly giving them what they deserve.
    "Good story is when night elves die."

No, Night Elf fans don't/didn't want to constantly get story focus, no matter how much your obsession tells you so. They just want the race to be in a good spot and not constantly brought to the forefront to be punching bags or to get one of their homes torched.

Your seething hatred is not anyone else's responsibility.

Optimist in me: WORLD REVAMP CONFIRMED
    Pessimist in me: Datamined tanks and ships are just for HD Isle of Conquest and/or other BG's
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Optimist in me: WORLD REVAMP CONFIRMED
    Pessimist in me: Datamined tanks and ships are just for HD Isle of Conquest and/or other BG's
    Tbh that is my own thought on this as well. They can afford to not visually update the old world. They are probably doing it at this point, thought not necessarily for 11.0
    But the fact that Battlegrounds are always current content and never stopped being current content very much means they should actually visually update all of them to current standards. Which should include the big ones like Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley (can you imagine HD Alterac?).
    And most of these vehicles and buildings we have seen visually updated could be for Battlegrounds.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That certainly was worth highlighting in the roadmap.
    Gets an actual bullit point.. 4 haircolors.

Pethatic.

Also, how do I get my hands on a FelBike? https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...2ModelsMisc:45

Also, how do I get my hands on a FelBike? https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...2ModelsMisc:45
    Azeroth Choppers Season 2 Pog
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Something is definitely being changed on the Druid side of things and it looks like alot of new forms are coming to us finally.

There also appears to be PH items for a staff and mace that drops from Fryakk, fingers crossed?

Last edited by Kiria; 2023-09-08 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Something is definitely being changed on the Druid side of things and it looks like alot of new forms are coming to us finally.

[IMG]
    I am going to assume the two flight forms are split by dragonriding and non-dragonriding. Would make more sense that the Druid of the flame form you can get from the penultimate viss would be capable of dragonriding given that is the whole point of the fight.
    The world revamp dream will never die!