I hope they give a little update to the Druid star-thingie form you can Glyph to replace the Boomkin.

Also minor observation, but re-using a lot of assets from Val'sharah in the Emerald Dream might be another indication of resources being funneled... elsewhere (revamp?). Seems strange to not bring more new assets for a final zone of an expansion, if that's what it is.

Also with revamp they can add replayability to the OG zones, like GW2 or ESO does - Both of these games have people always doing stuff even in the oldest zones because there are rewards, collections attached and just overall activities added there like in newer zones.

I think it would be cool if WoW had a different world boss for every race starting zone that would reset weekly or bi-weekly like they have in GW2 and it would be accessible for people of all lvls, dropping cosmetic or gear rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am going to assume the two flight forms are split by dragonriding and non-dragonriding. Would make more sense that the Druid of the flame form you can get from the penultimate viss would be capable of dragonriding given that is the whole point of the fight.
    It depends, if they do plan on taking Dragon flying further on after DF then the old models will need to be updated too no?but seeing more tabs and colour options brings me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Seems strange to not bring more new assets for a final zone of an expansion, if that's what it is.
    A company not expending resources when it can make do with what it has seems strange to you? Plus I am seeing a decent amount of new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh Smolderon is here
    kinda disapointed he is not on our side...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    kinda disapointed he is not on our side...
    He was barely on out side during Legion. Plus he looks boring. We need a proper looking Firelord.

Wasn't he abducted or something during the Dark Iron recruitement ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    There also appears to be PH items for a staff and mace that drops from Fryakk, fingers crossed?

You mean, like additional legendaries to the announced axe? If that's what you think, I doubt it unfortunately it's quite important part of patch, at least important enough to put it in roadmap and on the patch preview. If other legendaries were part of the content, I believe they would brag about it, especially not to create potentially an environment where people are disappointed by the weapon-type choice for the legendary.

But such surprise would be most welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    You mean, like additional legendaries to the announced axe? If that's what you think, I doubt it unfortunately it's quite important part of patch, at least important enough to put it in roadmap and on the patch preview. If other legendaries were part of the content, I believe they would brag about it, especially not to create potentially an environment where people are disappointed by the weapon-type choice for the legendary.

But such surprise would be most welcome
    That's why I said fingers crossed as I wouldnt fully expect it but it was a nice surprise to see that.

A company not expending resources when it can make do with what it has seems strange to you? Plus I am seeing a decent amount of new models.
    Resources spent = increased quality = more MAUs. You don't think it's strange that they aren't investing more heavily in the expansion's final tier, the big Emerald Dream patch fans have been waiting requesting for years? It's a great chance to bring players back, and to retain current Dragonflight players.

Not that it has to have all-new assets, it's just an odd step away from the norm. 6.2 re-used a zone for its final patch, but Legion, BfA, and Shadowlands all brought something new.

Anyway, my point is that I think it might lend a little bit of extra credence to the revamp theory. Re-using assets in this patch so they can spend those resources on 11.0's assets instead. It might not have felt like a worthwhile investment to make new assets in a revamp that doesn't really feature otherwordly zones.

On a slight tangent, I also find it pretty interesting that there seems to be a clear difference between Kalimdor / Night Elven assets, and Emerald Dream / Night Elven assets. Night Elves are supposed to be magical and fae-like because of their connection to the Dream, right? So why does Ashenvale look more mystical than the Emerald Dream? I'm thinking of the assets introduced in the remade WSG, back in BfA.

The Dream, I think it's safe to say at this point, has a much more toned down look. More realistic colours. Just like Val'sharah. Sure there are some swirlies and a few rays of moonlight scattered about the place. But it looks much more like a regular forest than Ashenvale does. Ashenvale feels more similar to Ardenweald.

Is this just a historical glitch caused by the fact that 10.2 uses Val'sharah assets, made before they updated classic Ashenvale assets in BfA? Or does this say something? Is northern Kalimdor and its forests even more enchanted than the Emerald Dream, and if so, why?

Has Elune had a bigger impact on Kalimdor? Was the Dream so altered by the Titans that much of its original magic got lost (or vice versa with Kalimdor)?

Is northern Kalimdor more or less reflective of Ancient Azeroth than the Emerald Dream?

Great Tree portals scattered around vanilla zones obviously use Teldrassil and Ashenvale asses, but that might just be because they were designed in Vanilla, before Val'sharah was a thing. Or is it because the Great Trees are more of a Night Elf thing, and not directly from the Emerald Dream?

Is Ashenvale influenced more by the Winter Queen than Elune? So many questions.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-09-08 at 09:13 AM.

Eh, I think they just made sure there are cantrip weapons for every class.

I wonder if there will be more sets like the Lo'Gosh and sylvanas added to future ptr patches - if not then i think they might be blizzcon virtual ticket rewards.

Btw if this is the final raid tier for Dragonflight it means DF will have only 26 raid encounters. WoD had 30. Cata had 27 (28 counting Sinestra).

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I wonder if there will be more sets like the Lo'Gosh and sylvanas added to future ptr patches - if not then i think they might be blizzcon virtual ticket rewards.
    Someone did mention the possibility that they are Trading Post rewards, and that we will be seeing something similar for most NPCs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Someone did mention the possibility that they are Trading Post rewards, and that we will be seeing something similar for most NPCs.
    I think it's about time - ESO, GW2 and FFXIV all have NPC/knownchars sets available for players in some way, it's time for WoW to open up in that department aswell.

I'm gonna assume the store.

Or maybe a store first, trading post later thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Resources spent = increased quality = more MAUs. You don't think it's strange that they aren't investing more heavily in the expansion's final tier, the big Emerald Dream patch fans have been waiting requesting for years? It's a great chance to bring players back, and to retain current Dragonflight players.
    When has Blizz shown any interest in bringing players back, beyond those that cancel the month or two awaiting for new skins in some later patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    And it's also time to introduce housing!
    To repeat the response that's said for the past 10 years or so, "good luck with that!"

yes, that is ebyssian