1. #16221
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Its so you can have a consistent set of visuals instead of having some misfitting random armor pieces, while still having the stats on said items. The transmog is also constantly on your character, so it matters a lot. It is on your screen 100% of the time.

    Housing will just be Garrisons 2.0 with more customisation.
    It's also to give armor appearances a reason beyond the raid they exist in. Sure you could always just keep your favorite armor sets around to show off, but with transmog players have a reason to actually go back to old raids and farm the appearances, justifying the amount of effort put into making them look good, and allowing armor appearances to be a reasonable reward for high levels of play.

    Housing similarly could be seen as an extension of RP. You could just go to any empty house with the visuals you want, but player housing would give it the framework required to make environmental assets an actual reward to give players. This would be true for all future content, but more importantly all past content as well, giving the developers a massive well of content to give players for fairly little ongoing cost once the framework is laid down.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #16222
    There won't be any 10.3 imo the glad mount found is a recolor of the S1 mount so it's likely going to be a fated season for DF with every dungeon of the expansion

  3. #16223
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    There won't be any 10.3 imo the glad mount found is a recolor of the S1 mount so it's likely going to be a fated season for DF with every dungeon of the expansion
    If the glad mount is a recolor, then a fated season makes sense, yeah.

    Maybe that's just how they're gonna handle things from now on.

  4. #16224
    If 10.2 launches in November and then we get 10.2.5 in April which has features like fated raids, new season, new world content, story quests, a decent solo challenge, heritage armour quests and possibly allied races like Drakonid and Tuskarr; with 11.0 launching August/September then I don’t think that would pose too much of an issue.

  5. #16225
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If the glad mount is a recolor, then a fated season makes sense, yeah.

    Maybe that's just how they're gonna handle things from now on.
    How is there a link between recolour and no 10.3?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #16226
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How is there a link between recolour and no 10.3?
    The whole argument was that there was a gladiator mount datamined, therefore there had to be a 10.3.

    But if it's a literal recolor, then that could just be a redo of Shadowlands where the last season is a Fated season.

  7. #16227
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The whole argument was that there was a gladiator mount datamined, therefore there had to be a 10.3.

    But if it's a literal recolor, then that could just be a redo of Shadowlands where the last season is a Fated season.
    But surely that would be true regardless. All glad mounts used to be recolours remember, and they used to be datamined all in one chunk.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #16228
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    If 10.2 launches in November and then we get 10.2.5 in April which has features like fated raids, new season, new world content, story quests, a decent solo challenge, heritage armour quests and possibly allied races like Drakonid and Tuskarr; with 11.0 launching August/September then I don’t think that would pose too much of an issue.
    10.2.5 in april would be bad. That should be when the next major patch/season comes. There is roughly 2 months between patches this expansion, so if 10.2 released early november, 10.2.5 would have to release somewhere halfway in january. then 10.2.7 in march. It would also mean 11.0 would have to be released somewhere in august unless they are planning of having another major drought.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  9. #16229
    High Overlord RahEndymion's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Segmentum Solar
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    If 10.2 launches in November and then we get 10.2.5 in April which has features like fated raids, new season, new world content, story quests, a decent solo challenge, heritage armour quests and possibly allied races like Drakonid and Tuskarr; with 11.0 launching August/September then I don’t think that would pose too much of an issue.
    Really?

    Personally I think if this is pretty much it for the expansion; a rather uninspired looking zone with a rather uninspired looking raid and not much else to talk about then yeah, I can see this spiraling into genuinely the worst player base drop in WoW history.

    Not a single person who I was playing with (out of a pretty large guild) in 10.0 and at the start of 10.1 is motivated to return to the game by this patch. Not one. It's actually quite worrying honestly. Now, imagine that it's just this for the next year? A whole year of this content?

    I don't think even a world revamp will save the game from that. It's the sort of death spiral that when combined with the abundance of stellar releases that we've got in industry at the moment could really just spell the end for modern WoW.

    There isn't even some sort of big, flashy and epic cinematic to get people hyped up.. just 'lol new raid, lol Val'Sharah 2.0, lol lego axe!!11!1!' - It just doesn't feel good enough. It feels very out of touch with the reception this expansion has actually received.

    Talking about player retention at this point is simply just survivor bias..

  10. #16230
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    10.2.5 in april would be bad. That should be when the next major patch/season comes. There is roughly 2 months between patches this expansion, so if 10.2 released early november, 10.2.5 would have to release somewhere halfway in january. then 10.2.7 in march. It would also mean 11.0 would have to be released somewhere in august unless they are planning of having another major drought.
    This.

    10.2 is releasing in the first two weeks of November unless something goes really wrong.

    That would put 10.2.5 at late January in a worst case scenario.

    10.2.7 then would be, at the latest, in the first week of April.

    Then we could have a 10.3 in late June or early July, but as 10.3 seems really unlikely, we might get a 10.2.9 or something like that, because I doubt that 11.0 is releasing before the date of the anniversary.

    Not a single person who I was playing with (out of a pretty large guild) in 10.0 and at the start of 10.1 is motivated to return to the game by this patch. Not one. It's actually quite worrying honestly. Now, imagine that it's just this for the next year? A whole year of this content?
    I agree. 10.2 as it is, has the potential to damage WoW numbers in a serious way. I think that we all expected more.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-09-08 at 11:33 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  11. #16231
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    This.

    10.2 is releasing in the first two weeks of November unless something goes really wrong.

    That would put 10.2.5 at late January in a worst case scenario.

    10.2.7 then would be, at the latest, in the first week of April.

    Then we could have a 10.3 in late June or early July, but as 10.3 seems really unlikely, we might get a 10.2.9 or something like that, because I doubt that 11.0 is releasing before the date of the anniversary.
    I think there's a fair chance 11.0 is released late summer, with the anniversary being a special event. Perhaps the world revamp is even kept for that date, who knows. As long as something significant happens around then, which re-invents and pays homage to the franchise, then we're good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    that sounds incredibly dumb. 2 expansions of wait for this neew tree only to throw it in the trash lmao
    The entire affair was dumb to begin with. They took something nice away for the sake of an awful story, took forever to resolve it and then presented us with a lacklustre resolution. At this point, I don't mind if they scrap it and just boost Nordrassil instead. But they probably won't.

  12. #16232
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    But surely that would be true regardless. All glad mounts used to be recolours remember, and they used to be datamined all in one chunk.
    I just think a straight recolor of an old glad mount fits well in the fated season framework.

  13. #16233

  14. #16234
    I really like Ebyssians aspect model, well to me its deffo his model! Are we seeing the Aspects being re-empowered this patch with him and Merithra getting new models

    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...r/dragon03.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

  15. #16235
    The Tanaris Goblin set is one thing, but there's also new mechanical whelps with Gallywix top hats.

  16. #16236
    Looking at the map for the Emerald Dream got me confused, why are the buildings and temples? Wasn't the whole gimmick of the Emerald Dream that its a copy of Azeroth that looks like it was never touched by civilization?

  17. #16237
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Looking at the map for the Emerald Dream got me confused, why are the buildings and temples? Wasn't the whole gimmick of the Emerald Dream that its a copy of Azeroth that looks like it was never touched by civilization?
    It is supposed to be, but it's also always had signs of interference in it. The statues for one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #16238
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is supposed to be, but it's also always had signs of interference in it. The statues for one.
    Did we have those statues in game? I remember seeing them on the unfinished Emerald Dream version that never made it into the game, but I don't know if there are any that are canonically ingame

  19. #16239
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Did we have those statues in game? I remember seeing them on the unfinished Emerald Dream version that never made it into the game, but I don't know if there are any that are canonically ingame
    They are in the Emerald Dream portion from the Emerald Nightmare raid. The same area that has been used for whenever we go back to the Emerald Dream proper.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #16240
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Did we have those statues in game? I remember seeing them on the unfinished Emerald Dream version that never made it into the game, but I don't know if there are any that are canonically ingame
    Yeah, there are statues in the Emerald Nightmare final zone after Xavius.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •