1. #16301
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    it’s not as stated explicitly by Sira.
    Sira doesn't say anything like this. She hated Tyrande before she was raised & continued to hate her the same amount after. The tormented dead she refers to are the people who died following Tyrande.

    Factor 2, hilariously, the Burning was sanctioned by Elune: She needed to get a lot of souls to Ardenweald really fast. This implies Elune might have even burned the tree herself. It's not like nelves are susceptible to any natural disasters anytime soon.

    Also you don't get to complain about genocide anymore when Elune offered every elf who died at Teldrassil the option to come back to life & they chose to make a new tree instead like an idiot. This entire new crisis only exists because of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Damn those Night Elves. Being cross with a group that genocided them. Spoiled brats.
    It was the will of Elune. I know that's wild this storyline was this big of a clusterfuck, but that's canon. Just like how she keeps giving them World Trees even though they serve no purpose other than a thing that's susceptible to corruption. Elune seems to constantly be giving the night elves just enough rope to hang themselves with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    We had to do that in the Halls of Valor to prove ourselves before, so it isn't like this is a new thing to come in and fight and confront him.
    Confronting him, (for all the rape allegories) has very different connotations to some sort of honorable challenge.

    Seems like Tyr won't do a double double heel turn & be evil as Odyn is going to be blamed for whatever happened to the Incarnate's eggs.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-08 at 04:18 PM.

  2. #16302
    Confronting him, (for all the rape allegories) has very different connotations to some sort of honorable challenge.

    Seems like Tyr won't do a double double heel turn & be evil as Odyn is going to be blamed for whatever happened to the Incarnate's eggs.
    My point is that he's been shown to be a "prove yourself worthy to come before me" sort of deal. So some folks going" omg we're gonna confront him because he's evil" is a bit premature. Though I'll grant the usage of confront is a bit more on the negative side of things.

    But again, people are extrapolating a lot of stuff from some datamined stage descriptions.

  3. #16303
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    How many of theses never faced any consequences and stayed in there positions?

    Because that’s the state of the forsaken with 3/5 of the leaders holding such roles under Sylvanas, one being part of her top operatives during the war and one uninvolved.
    Check the dates. Some of those didn't even get arrested until decades after the war. And there's a lot more on the lower rungs, too.

  4. #16304
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Sira doesn't say anything like this. She hated Tyrande before she was raised & continued to hate her the same amount after. The tormented dead she refers to are the people who died following Tyrande.
    You should really go back to making up fanfic based on things blizzard haven’t touched instead of trying to dispute things that have actually been covered.

    From shadows rising.

    “I see a sad and defeated thing that has chosen a path,” Tyrande replied. “Nothing more.”

    “I chose nothing!” Sira shrieked, and Maiev stepped forward, so close her shoulder brushed Tyrande’s. “I did not choose to return. I would never choose to return. Everything inside me is ugliness and rage, and the only thing that quiets the scream is death. For what was done to me, I will see a hundredfold done upon this cursed realm!”
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #16305
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You should really go back to making up fanfic based on things blizzard haven’t touched instead of trying to dispute things that have actually been covered.

    From shadows rising.
    I think you might be wasting your time.

    I think this poster's nose is so far up Sylvanas' posterior that he might actually be smelling the blight directly.

  6. #16306
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You should really go back to making up fanfic based on things blizzard haven’t touched instead of trying to dispute things that have actually been covered.
    Then Sira was coerced into working for the Jailer, because only the Jailer can force a dead person to live, ala Sylvanas. Because the quest goes out of its way to show that raising an unwilling elf turns them into a hostile wisp.

    Or Sira's just lying to make Tyrande feel bad because that's not the sentiment she expresses in the questline where she is raised at all: Her greatest desire is revenge against Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think this poster's nose is so far up Sylvanas' posterior that he might actually be smelling the blight directly.
    Yes. Just like Elune does. The Battle for Ardenweald cinematic where Elune directly saves Sylvanas? That was so smugly satisfying.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-08 at 04:32 PM.

  7. #16307
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,021
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Check the dates. Some of those didn't even get arrested until decades after the war. And there's a lot more on the lower rungs, too.
    None of the forsaken council members were on the lower rungs they were all high stationed members equivalent to none of the people who got arrested decades later.

    We already had a time skip and none of them members have faced even delayed consequences.

    and of those who were arrested later how many of them kept on in there roles the whole time or even got promoted to even higher roles like representing all of Germany?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #16308
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    None of the forsaken council members were on the lower rungs they were all high stationed members equivalent to none of the people who got arrested decades later.

    We already had a time skip and none of them members have faced even delayed consequences.

    and of those who were arrested later how many of them kept on in there roles the whole time or even got promoted to even higher roles like representing all of Germany?
    Too many. Germany actually dealing with its baggage didn't happen until the 60s. Before that, people were perfectly happy to just pretend everything was peachy.

  9. #16309
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Then Sira was coerced into working for the Jailer, because only the Jailer can force a dead person to live, ala Sylvanas.
    This is stupidly wrong.

    Dread lords
    Gul’dan
    Arthas
    Liches
    KJ
    Archamound
    Every random necromancer out there.

    Your fanfic is bad and you should feel bad.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  10. #16310
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Unless this is another game entirely... let the leaks begin? Avaloren heretics maybe? Wrath of the Drogbar?



    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads..._175026295_hdr
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...624876423?s=20

  11. #16311
    Those are probably part of the Dreadlord cosmetic set that has icons datamined.

  12. #16312
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    We had to do that in the Halls of Valor to prove ourselves before, so it isn't like this is a new thing to come in and fight and confront him.
    Everytime we were there we had to prove ourselves.

    Hymdall fight again, confronting Odyn sounds like we have to deal with some buisness. Because of one piece in df and people just think odyn is a dick appearntly went its way in the forums, without much info or context.

    Just hold your horses untill we see it would be my advice.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-09-08 at 04:53 PM.

  13. #16313
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Everytime we were there we had to prove ourselves.
    We visited him in the Halls just an expansion ago, without any challenge.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  14. #16314
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I wouldn't say "save". More like "stopped Tyrande from making a selfish choice", even if she's right about killing her.
    Why is it right to kill her if all she did was something Elune wanted her to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This is stupidly wrong.
    Dread lords
    Gul’dan
    Arthas
    Liches
    KJ
    Archamound
    Every random necromancer out there.
    Your fanfic is bad and you should feel bad.
    The developers have constantly reiterated its consensual. That or you're talking about the simple reanimation of a corpse, not the resurrection of a person & turning their body undead. Take it up with the devs. Only the Jailer can stop someone from unaliving themselves.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-08 at 05:10 PM.

  15. #16315
    So yeah, the tree will likely stay in the Dragon Isles since you access the zone through the portal. And the zone is gorgeous but if you stay from area even a bit you get in the green mist (which is not designated in any way whatsoever and then send back to the start in a few seconds.

  16. #16316
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The developers have constantly reiterated its consensual. That or you're talking about the simple reanimation of a corpse, not the resurrection of a person & turning their body undead. Take it up with the devs. Only the Jailer can stop someone from unaliving themselves.
    “consensual”

    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  17. #16317
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,314
    For anyone interested, Amirdrassil translates to 'Crown of Harmony'


    Formerly known as Arafal

  18. #16318
    Has there been any music datamined yet?

  19. #16319
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Has there been any music datamined yet?
    Not yet no, it usually comes a bit later on

  20. #16320
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think you might be wasting your time.

    I think this poster's nose is so far up Sylvanas' posterior that he might actually be smelling the blight directly.
    Really living up to the avatar pic. It's the Tyra Banks show in forum form.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Has there been any music datamined yet?
    Usually the very last thing to be added.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •