7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Bummer. If true then this is the least wrapped up expansion story I can remember.
    Edit: Oh it's not a mount just another appearance item like the last two raids. I don't think that is an indicator of 10.2 being the final tier.
    Tbf I'm quite hopeful that they will change all the "full transformation" skins into propper mounts once they merge both flying modes. Gladiators already get both the normal mount and the full transformation for dragonriding anyways, and once every other flying mount is able to use dynamic flight the full transformations make even less sense than currently.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    First the joke: Ybarra said "No Pirates" but an old world revamp would surely include Bloodsail Pirates.

Then the serious: I just don't think Ion would this blatantly and candidly spoil the next expansion. There is just no way. He would have dodged the question at least a bit if that's what they're planning (i.e. currently working on) for the next expansion. He's talking about further future of WoW, not 11.0.
    They have hardly spoiled the next expansion though. "We see the value in a world revamp" is hardly conclusive evidence.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They have hardly spoiled the next expansion though. "We see the value in a world revamp" is hardly conclusive evidence.
    That's my point. It was brought up as a clue for a revamp, but I don't think it is. In fact I would say it is a clue against a revamp (in 11.0).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

That's my point. It was brought up as a clue for a revamp, but I don't think it is. In fact I would say it is a clue against a revamp (in 11.0).
    We are basically down to two options for 11.0 at this point. Backside of Azeroth, or World Revamp.
    Really it just comes down to which is more likely. World revamp has tons of assets and hints. Backside of Azeroth has the same hints we do for other expansions set in unknown areas.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it is either Backside of Azeroth or Revamp in my view too.

Honestly, both are exciting prospects that take me out of the darkness that is the "End of 3 Raid Tiers/x.3 Death"/"Night Elves getting exiled to Dragon Isles".

Fundamentally, I cannot stress how much I am looking forward to see Opening Ceremony, Metzen, Keynotes and Development Panels after this nightmare ending of DF.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

If they don't wrap up Iridikron in DF, then a void/nether/space adventure expansion is definitely a possibility.
    Last edited by Samin; 2023-09-11 at 11:35 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

And we have all of BFA to look to, the majority of the horde were on board with sylvanas plans until she turned on them.
    Bullshit, she pulled a fast one and did things that went beyond any "known" plans. She deceived many until the very end and even made sure by word of mouth that the story of the burning tree would became a twisted version of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Can you point some responsible for war crimes that lead Forsaken currently? Cause it's not like we have many characters to study, and during burning of Teldrassil you can see only Sylvanas, Nathanos and Saurfang.
    Exactly this.
    Last edited by Annihilas; 2023-09-11 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilas View Post
    Bullshit, she pulled a fast one and did things that went beyond any "known" plans. She deceived many until the very end and even made sure by word of mouth that the story of the burning tree would became a twisted version of the truth.

Exactly this.
    People seem to need reminding that the official plan for that campaign was taking Teldrassil hostage as leverage against the Night Elves. Which is also the one Saurfang was on board with. What happened after was not openly discussed with anybody prior to the event.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we maybe stop with the Sylvanas bashing and lore discussions of past expansions again?

- - - Updated - - -

If they don't wrap up Iridikron in DF, then a void/nether/space adventure expansion is definitely a possibility.
    We already got our Iridikron and Tyr fights via the Megadungeon, no clue why people are expecting another one with them this expansion.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Honestly as soon as I saw that they’d included an icon in the files for a 4th glad mount on the first day of the patch, I grew concerned this might be it for ‘full’ DF seasons.

With more evidence coming to light such as the wording for pathfinder, Fyrakk having an AotC mount, Blizzard’s cageyness (and similar language to 9.2) around if this was “it” for DF, and additional, unused set colors for the tiers, I do think we’re really getting just 2 major patches.

But, based on the speed they’ve been churning out the content… I just don’t see a huge drought coming our way either. So I’m really beginning to wonder if we’re potentially getting 11.0 sometime next summer? If 11.0 isn’t getting close, why plan to hit new patches every 8 weeks? Why not every 10 weeks?
    Last edited by Villager720; 2023-09-11 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Honestly as soon as I saw that they’d included an icon in the files for a 4th glad mount on the first day of the patch, I grew concerned this might be it for ‘full’ DF seasons.

With more evidence coming to light such as the wording for pathfinder, Fyrakk having an AotC mount, Blizzard’s cageyness (and similar language to 9.2) around if this was “it” for DF, and additional, unused set colors for the tiers, I do think we’re really getting just 2 major patches.

But, based on the speed they’ve been churning out the content… I just don’t see a huge drought coming our way either. So I’m really beginning to wonder if we’re potentially getting 11.0 sometime next summer? If 11.0 isn’t getting close, why plan to hit new patches every 8 weeks? Why not every 10 weeks?
    or 11.0 could actually be a world revamp so they're draining resources from dragonflight for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's rather this Eastern kingdoms+ light goes evil expansion idea. Overall the EK need a revamp much more. Also from a business perspective they can then split the revamp into two expansions
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    or 11.0 could actually be a world revamp so they're draining resources from dragonflight for that.
    But if that’s always been the plan, if they’d just slowed down DF’s cadence by 1-2 weeks per patch, they’d have given themselves another 3ish months. It’s all very interesting.

Honestly as soon as I saw that they’d included an icon in the files for a 4th glad mount on the first day of the patch, I grew concerned this might be it for ‘full’ DF seasons. But, based on the speed they’ve been churning out the content…
    I'd say your "concern" is directly related to the "speed."

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Speed doesn't really matter if we are now going to play this "Will the expansion be cut every x.2 patch" discourse every expansion.

The logical dissonance between Speedy patches and cutting & running is palpable.

Again, the company knows that they've got a powerful tool in their hands now. They can make you buy a worse product on the belief that you think they will offer a full product only to once again go dead silent around the times when the products status is in full disarray.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

But if that’s always been the plan, if they’d just slowed down DF’s cadence by 1-2 weeks per patch, they’d have given themselves another 3ish months. It’s all very interesting.
    It doesnt really matter what they may or may not have scrapped from DF for a world revamp. Such a big undertaking would have, and indeed has taken several years. The only question is whether we will see them scrap someting from DF at the end just to get the last bit they need.

Revamp will give them a pass. Cut a raid tier for Silvermoin City? Easy money.

Also we are still getting 10.2.5 and could get a 10.2.7 and a new dungeon.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-09-11 at 12:48 PM.

they need a justification to slow down the content release, and a world revamp is a good one. imagine having a slow content release at the start of dragonflight after the shadowlands fiasco. they had to get some good will back first

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Speed doesn't really matter if we are now going to play this "Will the expansion be cut every x.2 patch" discourse every expansion.

The logical dissonance between Speedy patches and cutting & running is palpable.

Again, the company knows that they've got a powerful tool in their hands now. They can make you buy a worse product on the belief that you think they will offer a full product only to once again go dead silent around the times when the products status is in full disarray.
    They could frame it as getting us back to late summer releases, given the expansion releases getting pushed closer to December has been a sticking point for a while now.
    But yeah, Blizzard would effectively take on the reputation of X.2 being the final major patch. It would take several expansions of X.3 to actually convince player that SL and DF were a fluke.

We're getting a mini raid in 2.5. this one is too small and the tyr storyline still needs epic resolution.

Prob a two boss raid