Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    One of the few things—if not quite possibly the only thing—I like about Dragonflight's art direction is the new style of magical effects and of the more outlandish skyboxes. They look far more animated and fantastical, and I hope that sticks around.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Not sure why some people are so convinced it’s a Yrel invasion next expansion. It’s one of the least likely expansion ideas for 11.0 I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Derailing this:

What's the general consensus on 10.2's release date?
    November 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Not sure why some people are so convinced it’s a Yrel invasion next expansion. It’s one of the least likely expansion ideas for 11.0 I feel.
    It's not just her, it her and a void incursion coming to blows with us in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    and even the worst idea
    if people want to fantasize about a WoD 2.0 that's their problem, but they really need to stop inundating us with their completely idiotic headcanon
    just the fact of reading you-know-which brings back the traumas of 2014
    Dude, it's not head cannon.... Why do you think blizz took the time to bring back the AU maghar orcs while simultaneously villain batting Yrel. They could have easily just made the playable maghar orcs the maghar from outland. But no, they specifically did what they did for a reason.

All Yrel needs is a time travel source to come to us. Lowand behold, we got bronze and infinite shenanigans up the ass recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I think it's rather this Eastern kingdoms+ light goes evil expansion idea. Overall the EK need a revamp much more. Also from a business perspective they can then split the revamp into two expansions
    I've got a strong feeling it's this ^, one for EK and one for Kalimdor: EK focusing on setting up the Light/Void conflict with Scarlets, Titan influence, and the corruption of the Sunwell; Kalimdor focusing on Life and the Elementals. They're leaving Iridikron intact on top of no explanation on where the Night Elves are staying and why the Grimtotem were active. Add to this we haven't seen the invasive side of Life, which Kalimdor can touch on with the Botani.

The prepatch for DF planted the seeds for Lordaeron and Gilneas. I can also see Dun Algaz and Avaloren separated into the two main motherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I think they're just stars. It can easily be the influence of Elune considering the blessings the tree will give or be given. The purple smoke is likely Fyrakk's shadowflame touching the Dream.
    Remember that the seed was created from a Tear of Elune. Amirdrassil has Elune's influence by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    because it was just a fucking pretext to bring back the mag'har, that's all
    Again, they had an entire clan of maghar orcs in outland without needing any time travel what so ever...

And why bother making Yrel a bad guy to begin with? Why even include her? We didn't need to go 30 years post wod.

How you not see what's being set up boggles my mind.

If you hate WoD that's one thing, but you can't deny the very clear set up that's being done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Remember that the seed was created from a Tear of Elune. Amirdrassil has Elune's influence by default.
    Wonder if this means a future Amirdrassil player hub will have influences from both Teldrassil and Ardenweald.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little late to the party (very late actually) but I saw the context of the Forsaken's heritage armor quest chain.

What little hopes I had for the Scarlet Crusade to become an actual big deal in the future are now gone. Sure, I did not really have anything to support the idea of them becoming a big threat. Traditionally the Scarlet Crusade is always the red-headed stepchild of villainous groups in WoW... and in professional wrestling terms, they are the job squad who only serve to lose on purpose to put over bigger names.

Still upset though.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I'm a little late to the party (very late actually) but I saw the context of the Forsaken's heritage armor quest chain.

What little hopes I had for the Scarlet Crusade to become an actual big deal in the future are now gone. Sure, I did not really have anything to support the idea of them becoming a big threat. Traditionally the Scarlet Crusade is always the red-headed stepchild of villainous groups in WoW... and in professional wrestling terms, they are the job squad who only serve to lose on purpose to put over bigger names.

Still upset though.
    You missed that a named commander escapes through a portal to report to an unnamed female figure, and Voss comments on it.

They are sticking around, they just lost Fenris Isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    You missed that a named commander escapes through a portal to report to an unnamed female figure, and Voss comments on it.

They are sticking around, they just lost Fenris Isle.
    aaaaaaand my hope has returned. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Dude, it's not head cannon.... Why do you think blizz took the time to bring back the AU maghar orcs while simultaneously villain batting Yrel. They could have easily just made the playable maghar orcs the maghar from outland. But no, they specifically did what they did for a reason.

All Yrel needs is a time travel source to come to us. Lowand behold, we got bronze and infinite shenanigans up the ass recently.
    The only way we get Yrel is if the Bronze decide "ok with our new softer approach to time travel we need a force strong enough to battle the new void threat of Xal and her generals so we should link to draenor and bring the army of the light....oops now we have light nazis oh well let's take care of them"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    The only way we get Yrel is if the Bronze decide "ok with our new softer approach to time travel we need a force strong enough to battle the new void threat of Xal and her generals so we should link to draenor and bring the army of the light....oops now we have light nazis oh well let's take care of them"
    It’s not the only way. Infinite dragons could do it also, and they have plenty of reasons to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Not sure why some people are so convinced it’s a Yrel invasion next expansion.
    Yrel is a popular character, and I have a feeling that Blizzard wants a Draenei/light-based villain. In addition, we went to AU Draenor the first time because of time manipulating dragons, and in the current expansion, we're once again dealing with time manipulating dragons. Also Thrall fits the theme of a Light invasion due to his connection with the Mag'har.

It could be completely conspiratorial on my part, but I have a suspicion that Blizzard wants their new pet Morchie to do something dramatic and noteworthy, and pulling in the Light equivalent to the Burning Legion into MU Azeroth would fit the bill. We'll see soon enough.

It’s one of the least likely expansion ideas for 11.0 I feel.
    Well, everyone's entitled to their feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    Or they just come as part of the random incursions we've been dealing with

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yrel is a popular character, and I have a feeling that Blizzard wants a Draenei/light-based villain. In addition, we went to AU Draenor the first time because of time manipulating dragons, and in the current expansion, we're once again dealing with time manipulating dragons.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Yrel snooze fest.
    I can’t wait to go yet another expansion without seeing Yrel.

Also “very popular” lol. Pretty sure I remember not many people liking Yrel in WoD because she was such a Mary Sue.

Also Thrall fits the theme of a Light invasion due to his connection with the Mag'har.
    With that logic Thrall also fits in a void/old god expansion given he was center stage in the visions of N’zoth. (And don’t forget the entirety of cataclysm.)

Or maybe thrall is just on the art because of Metzen’s return which will be likely a hype point at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-09-12 at 02:04 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

It’s not the only way. Infinite dragons could do it also, and they have plenty of reasons to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Yrel is a popular character, and I have a feeling that Blizzard wants a Draenei/light-based villain. In addition, we went to AU Draenor the first time because of time manipulating dragons, and in the current expansion, we're once again dealing with time manipulating dragons. Also Thrall fits the theme of a Light invasion due to his connection with the Mag'har.

It could be completely conspiratorial on my part, but I have a suspicion that Blizzard wants their new pet Morchie to do something dramatic and noteworthy, and pulling in the Light equivalent to the Burning Legion into MU Azeroth would fit the bill. We'll see soon enough.

Name one reason the infinites would do it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Or they just come as part of the random incursions we've been dealing with
    How though?
    Azeroth in that universe is I think not special so no aspects so no time Manipulation

Could be wrong but idk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Yrel snooze fest.
    I can’t wait to go yet another expansion without seeing Yrel.

Also “very popular” lol. Pretty sure I remember not many people liking Yrel in WoD because she was such a Mary Sue.
    Pretty sure there's only 2 reasons people like Yrel. And not good ones. It's not like she had much exposure beyond one of the less well recieved expansions, either, so chances are many players today just plain don't know her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    There are so many unused things being datamined on this expansion that the clue for the next expansion is probably hidden in plain sight.

It'll be fun when Blizzcon comes out, and the announcement shows something that could've been predicted based on 10.0 unused stuff.
    Someone should throw together a list of unused assets created during BFA, Shadowlands and DF.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yrel is a popular character, and I have a feeling that Blizzard wants a Draenei/light-based villain.

Clearly. Lol.

Unfortunately feelings don’t mean much. I have never been less interested in a character than Yrel so I hope you’re wrong. Also unfortunately, I believe after 10 e pensions, leftover ideas like Yrel could very well be explored because they don’t have anything better.

But they could really make it more interesting with a character with more depth.