1. #17061
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I could see that being a big selling point in 11.0, similar to how the Talent and Profession revamps were big selling points in Dragonflight.
    Maybe just a few changes like different coloured effects for priests, or different tooltips for Tauren paladins, etc.
    It would be very immersive, especially if they are going to make every class available to everyone.

  2. #17062
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It would be very immersive, especially if they are going to make every class available to everyone.
    Class skins, particularly for racial customization, are the best idea the community has had.

  3. #17063
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I wasn't "pushing" any leak. What happened is that that particular SL leak contained info about Tinkers doing "Ghostbusting" and I was laying out an argument of how that could be possible in order to fit the class into SL's thematic. This scenario seems plausible because a later leak stated that Tinkers were considered as a new class in SL but Blizzard just couldn't get them to fit the theme. If you remember, during the SL leak season, several Shadowlands leaks contained a Tinker class until around September/October, with the expansion being revealed in early November.



    Yeah, I don't believe we'll see Telabim (sp?) or other south seas areas until Undermine, since those islands are in the vicinity of Kezan.

    - - - Updated - - -



    We have Thrall on the BlizzCon key art a few months ago, and Infinite/Bronze drake temporal hijinks in 10.1.7. We also have hints from BFA and Shadowlands. A lightbound expansion also fits with a world revamp, Chris Metzen returning, 10th anniversary of WoD, 20th anniversary of WoW, and the Chinese predictor who I believe has been 100% accurate up to this point.

    It's also simply more believable as an expansion concept. It has clear villains, a clear plot, and clear possible features, such as Arakkoa and Ogres as the two new races. In comparison we have nebulous expansion concepts that really don't match any of the evidence at hand beyond some loose connections to current raids and plot lines that will no doubt be resolved by the end of the expansion.

    Is it 100% going to be the next expansion? No one is saying that. However given what we have, in my view it's by far the most likely.
    Chinese prediction for 11.0 is elements not light invasion

  4. #17064
    Ion's stance on the Observer pet have totally dampened any of my hopes for proper racial spell customization. The mythical "PvPer that shuts down if he sees a spell effect he doesn't recognize in a nanosecond" seems to be their convenient excuse for why night elf and orc paladins will be using the Light. The only player who has their feedback heeded more by Blizzard is that one who always wishes he could just spend money on something instead of needing to play the game.

  5. #17065
    I'd love a spellblade support spec for mage
    Melee spec
    Enchant your weapons and debuff enemies
    Things like mass barrier
    Mass double hero
    Time magic debuff to store and double damage

  6. #17066
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Admittedly, it is somewhat baffling that the game was released without it. It definitely makes it difficult to roleplay gnomes and goblins effectively due to how fundamental an unplayable class is to their identity. While you can just take the engineering profession, it still will eternally play second fiddle to a class that will invariably not fit the race as well as a dedicated tinker class would.
    That's been a core problem for years, only made worse by pushing the concept even harder in more recent expansions like MoP and BFA. It's quite disappointing to see Mekkatorque and Gallywix engage in ground and aerial mech battles in BFA and not be able to partake in that fantasy on any level.

    Hopefully they're saving everything for an Undermine expansion.

  7. #17067
    Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    Chinese prediction for 11.0 is elements not light invasion
    And how would elements be shown differently from how they are a major factor in this expansion? Is the world revamp specifically for Deepholm and Vashj'ir?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #17068
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    Ion's stance on the Observer pet have totally dampened any of my hopes for proper racial spell customization. The mythical "PvPer that shuts down if he sees a spell effect he doesn't recognize in a nanosecond" seems to be their convenient excuse for why night elf and orc paladins will be using the Light. The only player who has their feedback heeded more by Blizzard is that one who always wishes he could just spend money on something instead of needing to play the game.
    There are far more crazy Nelf fans than there are people using Water Elemental and Observer.

    Considering that one change is like the ONLY unpopular change they haven't caved on in DF, there is probably a backdoor reason for why that's not just "Lol we hate RP".

  9. #17069
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    Chinese prediction for 11.0 is elements not light invasion
    Thrall and the heroes of the alliance and horde could use Azeroth's elements to repel a light invasion. Essentially the Shaminism of the Orcs versus the Light/Naaru power of the Draenei.

  10. #17070
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There are far more crazy Nelf fans than there are people using Water Elemental and Observer.

    Considering that one change is like the ONLY unpopular change they haven't caved on in DF, there is probably a backdoor reason for why that's not just "Lol we hate RP".
    Hey, that didn't stop them from making that heritage questline and going through the whole heritage armor variant and tattoo downgrade debacle!

    In all seriousness, the Velen questline has had me thinking about how uneven the overall writing of Dragonflight has been. Not that it's a brand new feeling, but it feels very pronounced this time around. I'll get into it later.

  11. #17071
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    Hey, that didn't stop them from making that heritage questline and going through the whole heritage armor variant and tattoo downgrade debacle!

    In all seriousness, the Velen questline has had me thinking about how uneven the overall writing of Dragonflight has been. Not that it's a brand new feeling, but it feels very pronounced this time around. I'll get into it later.
    There are presumably several writing teams working simultaneously on different stuff. And my guess is that hte less important a plot is the easier it is for the writers to really flex their writing muscles on it. Whereas a big overarching plotline has too many considerations to really feel natural.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  12. #17072
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There are presumably several writing teams working simultaneously on different stuff. And my guess is that hte less important a plot is the easier it is for the writers to really flex their writing muscles on it. Whereas a big overarching plotline has too many considerations to really feel natural.
    Lol...writers...you're kidding?
    They've given up on anything remotely resembling quality. Why would they start now?
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2023-09-13 at 02:04 PM.

  13. #17073
    Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    I'd love a spellblade support spec for mage
    Melee spec
    Enchant your weapons and debuff enemies
    Things like mass barrier
    Mass double hero
    Time magic debuff to store and double damage
    The gish (fighter/mage) is a classic and extremely popular fantasy archetype that has remained unfullfilled in WoW. Mechanically multiple specs absolutely cover it (Enhancement, Frost DK are the most obvious) but thematically it is so different that it just doesn't work. That said, they have not used that archetype for WoW NPCs at a major scale; sure there are spellblades but they are not faction leaders etc. So similar to bard, it is common in fantasy but not that common in WoW.

  14. #17074
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Lol...writers...you're kidding?
    Do you just assume quest text is magicked out of the ether?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #17075
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The gish (fighter/mage) is a classic and extremely popular fantasy archetype that has remained unfullfilled in WoW. Mechanically multiple specs absolutely cover it (Enhancement, Frost DK are the most obvious) but thematically it is so different that it just doesn't work.
    I'd add "paladin" to that as well.

    I've toyed with the "spellblade" myself. But it's still a wip

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Do you just assume quest text is magicked out of the ether?
    No.
    Much of it is formatted to me. Easy enough for anyone with an ability to construct a sentence. After doing enough of that, it's just a matter of typing....which is just...work. No heart, where a real writer lives for the narrative.

  16. #17076
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I could see that being a big selling point in 11.0, similar to how the Talent and Profession revamps were big selling points in Dragonflight.
    Maybe just a few changes like different coloured effects for priests, or different tooltips for Tauren paladins, etc.
    If we’re revamping Azeroth, really leaning into all the distinct lore elements for class/race combos would feel really good.

  17. #17077
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And how would elements be shown differently from how they are a major factor in this expansion? Is the world revamp specifically for Deepholm and Vashj'ir?
    It's more like the elemental parts are part the background rather than the focus. The prediction was on the idea that 10.0 and 11.0 would be more of a two-parter expansion set that is similar to Cata. The first half being focused on dragons with 10.0 while 11.0 focused on the elemental side.

    We haven't dealt a major blow to the primalists as they are still around, most of 10.1's focus was on the Sundered Flame, 10.1.5 was on the Infinite Dragonflight as they try to bring in Murozond, and 10.2 we'll be dealing with Fyrakk and the Druids of the Flame.

    If we don't deal with Iridikron or the Primalists directly in 10.3, then 11.0 will be more focused on the elemental aspect.
    If we do deal with them in 10.3, then 11.0 will probably be elemental focused.

    (And even then, Cata's revamp wasn't entirely focused on just Elemental Unrest or Deathwing's destruction, it also focused on these wild growths and jungles springing up in desolate locations like the Southern Barrens, Desolace, that one forest area in the Blasted Lands, and even showing the restoration of the West Plaguelands. So we could see something similar with 11.0 where Fyrakk's interference with the Dream is causing it to bleed into the real world.)

  18. #17078
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Now it's officially hype season.
    Not until someone mentions Vol-de-Tort.

    And with that done.. let the hype season truly begin.

  19. #17079
    Blizzard's refusal to delve into Primalist lore, get the Earthen Ring involved in DF (to any major extent) and now have an ELEMENTAL LORD fight us without any backstory why definitely points to that story being continued and not wrapped up.

    Also withholding Magatha and Thrall seems intentional.

  20. #17080
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Not until someone mentions Vol-de-Tort.

    And with that done.. let the hype season truly begin.
    Oh, now you've really done it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •