Regarding the title, it's worth taking a look at the ones from the past few years.

Legion

Battle for Azeroth

Shadowlands

Dragonflight

Each focuses on the strongest theme of an expansion. There has 100% been a creative meeting behind each one, in which they mapped out different words on a whiteboard in order to find the right title.

In Legion, we didn't really go anywhere iconic for the expansion proper, but remained on Azeroth. Thr villain was very iconic however, and this was the de facto Burning Legion expansion. One word probably felt snappy, and it removes any confusion with TBC.

Battle for Azeroth had a number of different themes and villains going on, as well as locations. But they framed the expansion with the Fourth War in the beginning, so focusing on that in the name makes sense. It also has a double meaning of course, since we're also fighting for Azeroth's survival.

Shadowlands might've followed Legion in its naming, except it had no clear villain. The Lich King was already gone, and the Jailer was pretty unknown. The Scourge isn't as strong a phrase as thr Burning Legion, nor was ut very active at the time. So they focused on the next most iconic thing, which is the location itself.

Dragonflight honestly has the same thing going on, and the central theme really is the flying, swooping through the air and feeling that sense of adventure and rushing adrenaline. The story itself is too vague to be used in the name, since it's still just building towards something.

Will 11.0 have any central, and iconic themes?

As far as we know, the likeliest ones are the Void, Azeroth itself (along with its potential revamp), and Thrall. Both Legion and Shadowlands captured what the enemy faction was kind of about, and focused on that. So 11.0 will likely do the same. It's meant to be a serious expansion with a big clash with the Void.

So my bet is that any names we speculate about should include the Void somehow. Not that word necessarily, but the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    If blackfuse wasn’t a thing or the maghar had brought any thing other then iron stars over in bfa I might agree.

But as far as what we actually see it’s just orcs using a bunch of goblin made blueprints and tech which they apparently didn’t progress at all in the 30 year span of Wod to BFA leading to there greatest achievement still just being iron stars.

Mabye they could use goat tech to make even bigger iron stars out of crystal though.
    The main counterpoint to this is that the orcs would've had to still adapt to the introduction of advanced technology into their military; it's no small feat to organize an industrialized military from the ground-up when your entire race previously had no experience with that kind of organization. They would've needed to change their logistical systems entirely—or even invent the concept of logistics systems—and figure out precisely how to develop a military doctrine that fully integrates their new artillery. It's undoubtedly unintentional on the Doylist level, but an in-universe analysis suggests that it took the entire orcish race two years to fundamentally alter their society and learn how to operate and (presumably) duplicate technology vastly beyond their capabilities at the time.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    how close to blizzcon did we start getting leaks? I feel like even the fake ones has been lacking this year
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    It's pretty.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    how close to blizzcon did we start getting leaks? I feel like even the fake ones has been lacking this year
    I'd say around October probably.

I agree, but that's what we get once nearly all loose ends get addressed. It's hard to predict what's coming.

I bet leaks will be "somewhat accurate" when third-party staff get access to the new stuff, which usually happens one or two weeks before the announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny take: I usually avoid this thread these last couple of weeks.

I find the uncertainty more enjoyable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I genuinely remember their name from last time. Genuinely good fake leaks/10.
    "Awakening" will be eternal "leak" joke until either the World Revamp happens or the game dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about leaks, someone posted this on Reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/8Zn8D7L.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post

This one is about five years old.

Do not cite the deep magic to me, witch. I was there when it was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    Oh god, I was there.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Thought of another way to explain my theory about the expansions, and the pattern they have. Builders and Spenders (inspired by abilities in WoW).

A builder expansion build towards something. It comes with different themes and stories to tell. But there's an overarching meta-narrative working in the background.

A spender expansion is the culmination of something. It goes all-in with a specific theme, and is usually a large scale expansion with a bigger scope than the last.

Core Expansions

• The Burning Crusade
    • Wrath of the Lich King
    • Cataclysm
    • Mists of Pandaria

Modern Expansions

• Builder - Warlords of Draenor
    • Spender - Legion
    • Builder - Battle for Azeroth
    • Spender - Shadowlands
    • Builder - Dragonflight
    • Spender - 11.0

Warlords of Draenor had themes such as the Iron Horde, the Draenei and Mag'har, Ogres and Botani, and much more. But it built towards the impending return of the Burning Legion.

Battle for Azeroth had themes such the faction war, N'Zoth, the Heart of Azeroth, Azshara, and much more. But it built towards the impending return of the forces of Death.

Dragonflight has themes such as the Primalists and the Primal Incarnates, the elements, dragons and the Dragon Aspects, and much more. But it builds towards the impending return of the Void.

Legion, Shadowlands, and 11.0, meanwhile, go all in on that theme which was teased in the expansion prior.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-09-14 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    don’t forget that there are always canceled parts of the game that were almost released, which for one reason or another are deleted or remade and released later

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I'd say around October probably.
    Oooof my birthday

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wish Allied Races were made after Blizzard opened up about customizations. Let's face it: at least Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, Mag'har Orc wouldn't be separate races and dealt like Wildhammer, Sandfury, High Elves or Man'ari.

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    I wonder if for the world revamp, they will do annual expansions

2024 > World of Warcraft: Kalimdor
    2025 > World of Warcraft: Eastern Kingdoms

Doing both continents at once seems like a lot, but who knows
    For all we know they've been working on the revamp since before BFA and all those datamined assets are just small parts of it, it is absolutely possible for them to revamp the entirity of Kalimdor and EK's, especially with today's technologies.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2023-09-14 at 08:51 AM.

I mean you have Scaleface in the forum that last 2 expansions he actually leaked stuff...

Or one of his burner accounts. Usually a week or two before the con legit leaks show up but most of the time are dismissed and sometimes planted by Blizz (fake ones) they even joked about it in one of the cons how they trolled people with fake logos.

But yes check Scaleface or one of his burner accounts....

7+ Year Old Account

For future reference, this is the OG image to use from 2015 (with over 35k troll views) https://imgur.com/XCHUYUi
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    For future reference, this is the OG image to use from 2015 (with over 35k troll views) https://imgur.com/XCHUYUi
    I think we can break the 40k views mark with enough effort.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think we can break the 40k views mark with enough effort.
    thats the spirit, honestly until I randomly opened this thread yesterday, my hype level was medium, now its getting up and up
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

1+ Year Old Account
    10 pages in 16 hours?

The train. It's the train.

Well it's definitely hype season now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    For all we know they've been working on the revamp since before BFA and all those datamined assets are just small parts of it, it is absolutely possible for them to revamp the entirity of Kalimdor and EK's, especially with today's technologies.
    I agree with you. When Uther's tomb was revamped, we all knew something was going on. It either was a cut warfront or something else. Guess it was something else after all !

Quote Originally Posted by RahEndymion View Post
    10 pages in 16 hours?

The train. It's the train.

Well it's definitely hype season now.
    Only think that would make it better was if we could somehow make it a hype ship using the new ship models
    The world revamp dream will never die!