Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I think it's rather this Eastern kingdoms+ light goes evil expansion idea. Overall the EK need a revamp much more. Also from a business perspective they can then split the revamp into two expansions
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'd be fine with a revamp spread over two expansions, more time to do the job properly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Based on the AVAILABLE (not hidden/encrypted) stuff in the files as of 10.2, if there is a "partial revamp" the zones are probably going to be:

-Stormwind
    -Silvermoon City
    -A Nelf Zone: possibly just Amirdrassil?
    -Maybe an Orc area?

There isn't enough to point to a whole Org revamp at this time. Some dwarf assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why would they do a partial revamp when the main draw of a world revamp would be to be able to have content just in the revamped zones, and tell stories centered around the revamped zones?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post54218610

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post54218611

7+ Year Old Account
    Only think that would make it better was if we could somehow make it a hype ship using the new ship models
    Without having to redo the entire image, best i can do is edit parts of the ship onto the train if someone posts a screenshot of one of the ships in the same perspective as the train.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They were literally beholden to the same malevolent Narru with a fanatical drive to wipe out the legion or turn them to the light like they did the dread lord.
    The dread lord willingly converted. He wasn't forced to do so. Further, the Lightforged aren't currently attempting to convert everyone by force on Azeroth.

They are/were 1 to 1 the same other then the last 30 years since Wod and ten thousand years of using all the same tech with all the same teaching will always beat out 30 years of getting beat up by stuff you don’t understand.
    They aren't though. The lightforged are the draenei that remained on Argus to fight the legion. The AU Draenei are the standard Draenei race introduced in TBC that fled Argus thousands of years ago to settle on Draenor, but never fled Draenor to escape the legion-induced Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    As I've said before, we don't know the full story with the Lightbound. While it's likely—going off the general lack of nuance to the recent writing trend of "all sides bad, assume position for mortal wank"—that it won't be anything other than "evil Lightbound enact horrible unprovoked imperialism on the harmless babies who definitely never did imperialism", a rare and tragic submission to Watsonian analysis of Warcraft lore leaves me wondering whether or not Geya'rah is a reliable source. Keep in mind she's seemingly an admirer of Grom, who is a hyperexpansionist military warlord, and she seems possessed of a certain reactionary sentiment. It is possible that the majority of Draenor is entirely on-board with the Lightbound and that the Mag'har are just a crazy reactionary group that went rogue the moment they detected a threat to their cultural sovereignty and religious traditions in the mass conversions of certain clans.
    The problem with your theory is that we actually encounter Yrel in that scenario and she backs up everything that Geya'rah and Grom say about her. Even down to the forceful conversion part, which she does in our presence.

As @Well Done Steak said in an earlier post, Blizzard clearly wanted us to see Yrel as a villain in this scenario. They could have easily not had those events happen at all, and just have a scenario where Draenor is dying and we have to convince the Mag'har to leave their home. Instead, we encounter a Yrel that is forcibly converting people and wiping out the last vestige of opposition on Draenor, with further context that she's under the influence of a sinister naaru that is whispering to her and her alone. That's not a story thread that Blizzard is going to leave hanging forever.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    paladins and priests
    titans now believe they must reorder cosmos
    illidan escapes, starts events of story, dies
    world revamp is tied to reordering
    This sounds mpre believeable then anything I have heard so far lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    paladins and priests
    titans now believe they must reorder cosmos
    illidan escapes, starts events of story, dies
    world revamp is tied to reordering
    Why would they kill off Illidan? We aren't living in the GoT hype era anymore lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why would they kill off Illidan? We aren't living in the GoT hype era anymore lol.
    Is that a serious question?

7+ Year Old Account
    How does the death of a single character equal to "GoT hype era"?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I'd say around October probably.
    If you are saying random BS leaks, they will start to go crazy in the next weeks.
    Now, if you are talking about true leaks, they will generally start to appear arround 1 week before BlizzCon, because thats arround when Blizz needs to get things like flyers and interviews with some press done and that means that information starts to spread to people that may not be that good at keeping secrets.

Legion 2 with no Illidan and evil Titans is not something I would have considered. Sounds kind of cool though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    How does the death of a single character equal to "GoT hype era"?
    Because you just don't kill off one of your most beloved characters in some random intro anymore after GoT's last shitty season? We had that in Legion thanks to the than current hype.

(and btw, I love the books, but WoW doesn't need that kind of storytelling)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Because you just don't kill off one of your most beloved characters in some random intro anymore after GoT's last shitty season? We had that in Legion thanks to the than current hype.

Killing the guy safeguarding Sargeras (and in this scenario, seemingly the other titans) from the rest of the universe to establish that they are out and they are coming isn't a random intro or death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Killing the guy safeguarding Sargeras (and in this scenario, seemingly the other titans) from the rest of the universe to establish that they are out and they are coming isn't a random intro or death.
    Yes it is. Illidan will be back as the Bolvar/Magni/Khadgar of an Expansion, not killed off at the start of it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    The trailer description sounds cool but the name "Vegeance of Kingdoms" reads to me as a not native english speaker kinda weird. If I translate this to german... "Die Rache von Königreichen" or "Die Rache der Königreiche". Vegeance for what?
    But yeah the content of those fan fics/ leaks sounds really cool 9/10 would play
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I'd actually love to fight titans for once. The demon / shadow / elemental / dragon circle starts to get old.

I still think there's a chance the finale of the Tyr quest is that he straight up disappears, so that COULD be him reporting to the Titans. So..

Maybe like an Ultron moment where he downloads all the events since he died, goes "nope shits fucked" and then leaves?

I still think there's a chance the finale of the Tyr quest is that he straight up disappears, so that COULD be him reporting to the Titans. So..

Maybe like an Ultron moment where he downloads all the events since he died, goes "nope shits fucked" and then leaves?
    So the full Sylvanas experience then? Lots of buildup, then just ragequit at the climax.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So the full Sylvanas experience then? Lots of buildup, then just ragequit at the climax.
    The buildup is so red-herringy and meant to be twisted that I can't see it leading to anything other than him being a boss or dipping out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think that the artifact from the end of the Secrets event is a hint with any merit?

Keepers collected artifacts that they found throughout their tenures. Tyr became fascinated by a single artifact that he kept as his lone treasure - a mysterious, sealed but seamless container covered in the writings of titan, Legion, and Old God servants (presumably Shath'yar - the language). And Kathos notes: "The text on top of this chest is definitely titan. But here, this is a language used by the Burning Legion! And this text is used by servants of the Old Gods. I've never seen these three languages being intermingled like this. I'm not fluent, but the titan text speaks of a danger within the chest. And item? Or perhaps just... knowledge."

This could all just be a silly nod to something from Norse mythology (although it sounds more like something Odin would do), but after all of that secret hunting we get something so peculiar...
    Last edited by Auxis; 2023-09-14 at 02:56 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The dread lord willingly converted. He wasn't forced to do so. Further, the Lightforged aren't currently attempting to convert everyone by force on Azeroth.

They aren't though. The lightforged are the draenei that remained on Argus to fight the legion. The AU Draenei are the standard Draenei race introduced in TBC that fled Argus thousands of years ago to settle on Draenor, but never fled Draenor to escape the legion-induced Orcs.
    as I said the difference is the last 30 years. The goats aren’t trying to convert people because of the death of Xe'ra who did try to do so to Illidan and the alt goats are both the TBC goats and the light forged who showed up after the “one legions” defeat with there Xe'ra still Alive who joined Yrel.

Every thing is the same up to the point Garrosh showed 30 years ago and the and them not fleeing Draenor and then us going back in BFA.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Outrageous take and isn’t accurate to GoT at all lol.