Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    My point wasn't to belittle your knowledge,
    Admittedly, that's my fault for being unnecessarily defensive. Apologies for that, that was stupidly hasty of me to infer.

but something like Leviticus, even putting aside its unsavory associations,
    Not sure those unsavory associations would be the first thoughts of most, though I suppose certain degrading externalities and purveyors of externalities have a habit of inducing a flawed image of things.

it was that ultimately Genesis and Exodus are also greek/latin roots. As the names of the first two books of the bible they work very well as thematic names for a pair of ships--they reference a pair of books but also have very strong English implications that are readily understood, but as Nymrohd pointed out, this isn't an infinite well. They stand out as two specific really convenient examples, ( . . . ) does not work well, nor do the next ~20 book names, and Ecclesedar and Lamenedar don't exactly hit with the same poignancy as Genedar and Exodar.

So they just went with latin/greek roots for ship purposes rather than attempting to force wonkier names or doubling down on the references and switching over to super explicit and direct name based things like Nazedar or Sinedar or something.
    In retrospect, you and @Nymrohd are likely right. Perhaps it would be a bit difficult to stretch out that motif for very long, and it's not as if the current names aren't serviceable. I'm going to put this down as myself being too unwilling to accept even inevitable deviation from prior precedent. There's a good number of cases where deviation from the established motifs might become excessive or jarring, but this is probably not one of them.

Nazedar has a bit of a nice ring, though.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    47 days until Blizzcon! Get HYPE! 11.0! 11.0!
    47 days until I make the travel to my own Mecca (Blizzcon)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I found it odd that there are a lot of Hallows End revamped assets that didn't make it into 10.1.7, but are in the 10.2 files.

Like what are the implications? They need a new phase? Assets that couldn't get done in time?
    If it is a revamp coming in the next expansion, they probably want to get the holiday ones out of the way in DF than to have it be a headache during actual development.

That's just my guess at least.

I would expect 10.2 to be released before Hallow's end start as 10.1.7 shouldn't last more than 8weeks and 10.0.7 lasted 6weeks.

If they do it like 10.0.7 then 10.2 would be released with its first week being Hallow's end start.

I didn't check how long was 10.1 ptr testing compared to when 10.2 ptr testing started

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I would expect 10.2 to be released before Hallow's end start as 10.1.7 shouldn't last more than 8weeks and 10.0.7 lasted 6weeks.

If they do it like 10.0.7 then 10.2 would be released with its first week being Hallow's end start.

I didn't check how long was 10.1 ptr testing compared to when 10.2 ptr testing started
    8 weeks feels about right for this patch. Two full rotations of Dreamsurges to go through all the zones twice.

Would certainly be nice to have it out before Hallows End though.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2023-09-18 at 06:55 AM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Do you think we're aiming at an October 11th/18th release then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    No way. Turbulent Timeways goes all through October, same with the second Dreamsurge rotation. Besides that, the PTR is in quite a messy state right now. We also had a similiar case with vinter weil where we didn't get some updates until the year after it was added to a PTR btw.

Also they would have issued an end of season warning already if they wanted to release it that soon.

patch 10.2 is definitely coming out before the blizzcon

Final raid test scheduled for 10.2 on the PTR is currently on October 13th. So one could assume it will release roughly 2-3 weeks after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No way. Turbulent Timeways goes all through October, same with the second Dreamsurge rotation. Besides that, the PTR is in quite a messy state right now. We also had a similiar case with vinter weil where we didn't get some updates until the year after it was added to a PTR btw.

Also they would have issued an end of season warning already if they wanted to release it that soon.
    End of season warnings usually only come two weeks before the season ends. Even assuming only six weeks or whatever of 10.1.7 that still leaves a week or two before we should expect an end of season announcement.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

As @dCaptain pointed out there is planned raid testing on the 13th of October :/

So the strongest bet is patch release after Hallow's End on October 31st-November 1st

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    End of season warnings usually only come two weeks before the season ends. Even assuming only six weeks or whatever of 10.1.7 that still leaves a week or two before we should expect an end of season announcement.
    I'm quite sure that last season they did announce the release date like 4-6 weeks early.

- - - Updated - - -

As @dCaptain pointed out there is planned raid testing on the 13th of October :/

So the strongest bet is patch release after Hallow's End on October 31st-November 1st
    Yeah, with the raid releasing after Blizzcon so they can focus on life tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, with the raid releasing after Blizzcon so they can focus on life tuning.
    I'm thinking they will want latest story bits and raid conclusion in players hands before blizzcon

I'd expect it as soon as Turbulent Timeways end or maybe even the week after.

I'm thinking they will want latest story bits and raid conclusion in players hands before blizzcon
    Hopefully no secret Mythic phase reveals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why? Most times they announce the new Expansion before the last raid is finished, there is literally no need to squeeze the patch in too early.

That was my thoughts as well, but then how do we explain Hallow's End assets in 10.2 not present in 10.1.7?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Hopefully no secret Mythic phase reveals.
    I like these kind of phases, I just don't get why they have to be Mythic only. As long as they don't completely change the story like Highmaul, they are OK with me. I'd just have them be available at least in Heroic as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my thoughts as well, but then how do we explain Hallow's End assets in 10.2 not present in 10.1.7?
    They can always be applied by hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They can always be applied by hotfix.
    Ah ok, thanks for the clarification

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok, thanks for the clarification
    Yeah either that or we just won't see them until next year, which as I said earlier happened with some vinter weil stuff already in the past.