Ohhh October is a great month for me, I'm getting married to the best guy in the world (to me) and it's also my birthday, fingers crossed for many great news tid bits from Blizzy con.

If the next expansion is this crazy world revamp I feel bad for the devs who know why DFs tone and setting is like it is but can't say why, despite the complaints.

If the next expansion is another filler island they can stuff it. At least the next filler island story might be more dramatic...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It was taken down because it was automatically flagged for an unrelated cutscene.
    That's what they want you to think

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    If the next expansion is this crazy world revamp I feel bad for the devs who know why DFs tone and setting is like it is but can't say why, despite the complaints.

If the next expansion is another filler island they can stuff it. At least the next filler island story might be more dramatic...?
    The optimist in me wants to say this is the case, but man if this tone is indicative of WoW's future, that's a hell of a bummer. Narrative wise this feels like it's just a bandage over SL's horrid plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    Here's the first mention of it on Wowhead I could find.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/hidden-...amining-332719
    Ah thats what i was looking for thanks!
    Since they announced it officially this time i guess they won't go out of their way to hide it, but you'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    This dude deserved a slap on the wrist to be fair. I wouldn't be suprised if someone took it down out of pure spite

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    The optimist in me wants to say this is the case, but man if this tone is indicative of WoW's future, that's a hell of a bummer. Narrative wise this feels like it's just a bandage over SL's horrid plot.
    Twice now we've gotten two-year filler islands/dimensions with unsatisfying plots. Even if the gameplay is tight, and heritage quests are good, it's not enough IMO.

At the very least the aspects getting their powers back again, instead of a "you don't NEED their powers!!!" plot, may lead to something. And Iridikron actually matters.

Dragonflight was supposed to be standard and kinda boring is the thing. Focus more on the setting, rather than trying to make a big storyline work.

Personally I think that while it's not a great idea, it has worked well enough. The story, while boring, is also a reat starting point for future stories with more depth. And shuffling the good writing to other areas means that the times when they need the heft they can have it.

Much of it will depend on 11.0. But I think that Blizzard has a great chance to make the next expansion great from the basis of the safe Dragonflight.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Much of it will depend on 11.0. But I think that Blizzard has a great chance to make the next expansion great from the basis of the safe Dragonflight.
    pretty much. dragonflight is basically the expansion thats turning the game around. Major evergreen system overhauls, no more borrowed power, more casual-friendly content, gearing improvements, etc. Doing this in Dragonflight allowed them to make the changes and iron out the kinks, and I think the majority of these changes have been huge successes. They are now free to carry this new philosophy into future expansions which gives the game a baseline thats actually quite good for the player

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Ohhh October is a great month for me, I'm getting married to the best guy in the world (to me) and it's also my birthday, fingers crossed for many great news tid bits from Blizzy con.
    Congratulations to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

The issue is that it's a multitude of factors that need to be addressed simultaneously.

It's not just the tone being overly saccharine and therapeutic, it's that they evidently view it as the opposite of the more grim bleakness seen in BfA and SL. It feels like a misread of Warcraft's tone in both directions. Getting a more "Warcraft" setting again is ultimately for naught if the characters are just wallowing and moping over it all.

When it comes to the setting issue, it's not just a matter of either being on some far away realm or on Azeroth. They could do a world revamp, but if it consists of Void portals opening in the Barrens to fight Lightspawn while some orc grunt muses that some rock you found reeks of Order magic, it's ultimately for naught. The Dragon Isles haven't felt like a true return to Azeroth, and the meaningless cosmological babble of SL hasn't truly gone away. "Grounded" does not mean "no stakes"; the Jailer was going to rewrite all existence or whatever and it felt meaningless.

And cut the slow burn, character drama glacial pacing that's too heavy on setups and too light on satisfying payoff and execution. Too many of these have either outright failed or been merely adequate but not enough to justify the time spent on it. People are not going to just get blindly excited over yet another puzzle or Old God whisper when they can see how often they fall flat on their face or just go nowhere. I do not care in the slightest about the fact we have a box that has Titan, Fel, and Old God writing on it. Show me something cool now, not an IOU for 2+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who knows. Are the Dimensional ships combat vessels? Who even made them? The Draenei can clearly replicate them. I'd assume they would be supposed to hide after X'era decided to dispatch her core to Azeroth.
    That's the point. The Vindicaar definitely is. The Xenedar probably wasn't and certainly isn't now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    This type of argumentation is worthless. Unless you have evidence in favour, you're just waffling around.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, there was nothing strange about the takedown of that stream. It was a automatic claim from a region partner most likely again because this was pre-React era of WoW In-game cinematics.

Also, Doronsmovies video on the "11.0 leak" (Lol) is still up and running without issues.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    What do you not understand in the word "speculation"? you are lost grandpa
    More than you do apparently. That's not speculation. That's just conspiracy woo of no substance.

Galakrond is the Harbinger
    Iridikron absorbed his essence to place in a body capable of handling it

The final group Xal has is
    Xal
    Galakrond
    Iridikron
    Azshara
    Denathrius
    Lothraxion

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Dragonflight was supposed to be standard and kinda boring is the thing. Focus more on the setting, rather than trying to make a big storyline work.

Personally I think that while it's not a great idea, it has worked well enough. The story, while boring, is also a reat starting point for future stories with more depth. And shuffling the good writing to other areas means that the times when they need the heft they can have it.

We're still treading on cosmic showdown narratives though, which still feel icky. Just reskinning them with Azeroth based content opposed to Shadowlands content still doesn't make it all that much better. I really like Iridikron as an antagonist; if he does indeed go after the Titans, an attempted God-Killer could be a really cool antagonist for the playerbase. Even if he's dabbling in bargains with higher powers/actors, it'd be nice if his driving force stays solely as anti-titan opposed to pro-something else. I just hope his plot stays a bit more grounded than full scale comsological warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly, there was nothing strange about the takedown of that stream. It was a automatic claim from a region partner most likely again because this was pre-React era of WoW In-game cinematics.

Also, Doronsmovies video on the "11.0 leak" (Lol) is still up and running without issues.
    There are tons of videos on the image.

If Blizzard wanted it down because of the picture, they would have just told Bellular to take it down, not had their korean channel file a misattributed claim for the video--because as it stands he could just remove that other section and reupload the video perfectly fine with the image in question still in it.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2023-09-18 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    Galakrond is the Harbinger
    Iridikron absorbed his essence to place in a body capable of handling it
    The Evoker legendary quest recreates the same spell, as Nozdormu describes. Where we go back to dragon soul & absorb Neltharian's essence at the time of his death. Except the player is not becoming Neltharian.

Yes, Iridikron was absorbing Galakrond's power but resurrecting galakrond is not his plan, as he himself described. The Void will send a Harbinger once the Void Artifact is filled with a "hunger" the Hunger being Galakrond's essence. While Galakrond was a contemporary of the Old Gods, he himself is nothing to do with the Void Lords or the Deep Dark Beyond, where "The Harbinger" is from.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's the point. The Vindicaar definitely is. The Xenedar probably wasn't and certainly isn't now.

- - - Updated - - -

This type of argumentation is worthless. Unless you have evidence in favour, you're just waffling around.
    Pick up on social ques maybe???

Wasn't being serious lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Congratulations to you and yours.
    Thank you so much, he's a lucky man, I assure you hahaha <3

Blizz has focused more on appearances rather than narrative because it's easy. A well-written story means depth, and it's been a long time since that's happened.