1. #18141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Just something I thought about yesterday while playing, one fake leak for Dragonflight that I really would love Blizzard to implement was the idea of customizing spell animations.

    There was this fake leak that said you'd be able to change your spells to any number of colors and effects. One I recall was the water used in resto Shaman spells could be turned into ale, for example. (edit: Found it)

    I was thinking about it because my main is Arcane, and while I do love the blue/purple of arcane, I'm one of those that tries to coordinate my transmog and mount and...well, I'm really golden right now. Which does not fit Arcane's colors.

    So would be kinda cool if we could change things a bit.
    Poor pvp players would be confused if a spell could change colours.

    But for real though. A revamped glyph system would be an absolute win. But i just don't see it. They never expanded on the idea of green fire like quests, they slowly got rid of cosmetic glyphs other than druid forms and weapon transmogs. Evoker doesn't even have glyphs.

    Not saying that customizing spell effects has to be tied to glyphs, but it would make it more interesting than using the transmog npc or barber.

  2. #18142
    Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    Maybe this can be the fight where the actual prize we win in the end is having the cosmic forces leave us alone and we go back to non-esoteric stories that must outdo each other every time lol
    Yeah, where we can fight such amazing enemies such as "Pirate".

  3. #18143
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Poor pvp players would be confused if a spell could change colours.

    But for real though. A revamped glyph system would be an absolute win. But i just don't see it. They never expanded on the idea of green fire like quests, they slowly got rid of cosmetic glyphs other than druid forms and weapon transmogs. Evoker doesn't even have glyphs.

    Not saying that customizing spell effects has to be tied to glyphs, but it would make it more interesting than using the transmog npc or barber.
    Visual ques are a huge part of pvp so substantial spell animation changes could be problematic.

    That being said, what if a revamped glyph system was visible only to the player themselves? That could work.

    If it's just a color swap I think it's okay, but like turning pally wings into like a full body SSJ aura would be a problem

  4. #18144
    They can just add "turn off" button in options to disable additional/customizable spell effects in pvp instances, it's what they do in GW2 with character mogs.
    So players can just choose if they want to see them or not.

    In GW2 theres option to display only base character models, so you don't see other players mog and flashy effects/dyes.

  5. #18145
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah, where we can fight such amazing enemies such as "Pirate".
    Didn't you hear? No pirates.

    But also, less cosmic forces =/= all player characters becoming no name low tier adventurers.

    Just less of the biggest of biggest bad, "what is to come" Zovaal bullshit.

    Iridikron is dope. A dangerous being with a large chip on his shoulder willing to sacrifice his kin in bids for power to kill the people who made him? So cool. Let him get void corrupted, let him lose control of it in different ways to Deathwing, I'm all in for it. But when the entire dialogue and plot progression revolves around the main actors being so focused on the intricacies of how the universe works power wise, it's not sustainable.

  6. #18146
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    They can just add "turn off" button in options to disable additional/customizable spell effects in pvp instances, it's what they do in GW2 with character mogs.
    So players can just choose if they want to see them or not.

    In GW2 theres option to display only base character models, so you don't see other players mog and flashy effects/dyes.
    That could be an interesting solution to the developers insistence that player silhouette and whatever is so important. Toggle button in the graphics or accessibility setting that changes all players into a predetermined version of the character with a set mog.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #18147
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    They can just add "turn off" button in options to disable additional/customizable spell effects in pvp instances, it's what they do in GW2 with character mogs.
    So players can just choose if they want to see them or not.

    In GW2 theres option to display only base character models, so you don't see other players mog and flashy effects/dyes.
    Sure, but the precendence is there, because they removed the Beholders from Warlocks last patch because it might confuse PvPers.

  8. #18148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That could be an interesting solution to the developers insistence that player silhouette and whatever is so important. Toggle button in the graphics or accessibility setting that changes all players into a predetermined version of the character with a set mog.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what GW2 does and i think it is a really awesome option accessibility feature that could also work in wow.


    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Sure, but the precendence is there, because they removed the Beholders from Warlocks last patch because it might confuse PvPers.
    I still find that decision very confusing, you have a team of very talented designers and can't find a better way of doing it than just removing it?
    Like i mentioned toggle above, wow devs made dragonriding that was heavily inspired by Skyscale riding from GW2, they can also add some accessibility features that work in other games pvp.

  9. #18149
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what GW2 does and i think it is a really awesome option accessibility feature that could also work in wow.




    I still find that decision very confusing, you have a team of very talented designers and can't find a better way of doing it than just removing it?
    Like i mentioned toggle above, wow devs made dragonriding that was heavily inspired by Skyscale riding from GW2, they can also add some accessibility features that work in other games pvp.
    Honestly, I think it is a spaghetti-code type thing.

  10. #18150
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Honestly, I think it is a spaghetti-code type thing.
    I guess so, with wows code you change some little thing and whole class might get deleted.


    But when it comes to customization besides spell glyphs/skins, i hope races will get another customization batch, some little texture upres overhaul plus changes - it's weird that i can't use scars on mag'har orcs.. Only green orcs have it.

    I hope next expansion will fix many of these weird inconsistencies in character customization.

  11. #18151
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Poor pvp players would be confused if a spell could change colours.
    They already have the ability to let spells look different to others. Worst case it just doesn't work in PvP.

  12. #18152
    The whole PvP sillhouette thing is a laughable excuse in a world of pandaren and void elves where almost everything that is cast is instant and the enemy can be wearing their blizzcon pajamas and fighting with a fish and a rolling pin

  13. #18153
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The whole PvP sillhouette thing is a laughable excuse in a world of pandaren and void elves where almost everything that is cast is instant and the enemy can be wearing their blizzcon pajamas and fighting with a fish and a rolling pin
    I mean, that doesn't really matter. I can see their argument. It doesn't really matter if an enemy has their weapons transmogged, I still know how to approach them, especially because PvP only has one weapon anyone is realistically gonna use, and there are no weapons with special effects. A different Warlock pet being out does change something, and with the Beholder, I still had to think which pet it actually replaced.

    Likewise, with spell effects, it's a valid complaint, because readability is an important factor in Arenas.

  14. #18154
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Honestly, I think it is a spaghetti-code type thing.
    Oh absolutely.
    They probably ran into some issues with the expanded demon customization and just decided to remove it entirely.

    "Class/Race sillhouette" is almost non-existent at this point, it's a laughable excuse.
    If the Beholder was such an issue in pvp, they could've just disabled glyphs while inside pvp instances.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-09-19 at 06:03 PM.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  15. #18155
    thinking back on what cataclysm did well, to me it would be having some zone stories making your faction go on the offensive. This is something I've wish to see make a come back. It worked very well in 5.1and worked poorly in BfA war campaign. It's not necessarily against one another between Horde and Alliance, it could very well be against the huran for all I care but I truly enjoy going through a story where you see your faction and races, able, organised and efficient.

    Basically the opposite of what you see on the dragon isles, where no one can do shit except for your character. Even Tyr guard is a bunch of bums excepting you to do their job during their trial of entry into their new order...

  16. #18156
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well for one start by removing all ongoing issues from the Cataclysm that are distracting when the zone would be used again. Zones should be as neutral as possible, which does not mean removing all traces of the Cataclysm, but rather things like the Tornado in Westfall, or Menethil Harbor being flooded.

    For specific changes though I would like Sentinel Hill to be finished, and for it to be the main hub of the Human zones. Stormwind will be the main hub of the Alliance that expansion, but more in the same vein Cataclysm Stormwind was.
    Eastern Plaguelands should be almost completely free of the mushrooms. There should still be some pockets of it to not completely erase the old feel the zone had, but stories there should be about settlers wanting to move back.
    Stratholme should be a fully fledged uninstanced city. Not necessarily a friendly one, but at least on the level of Boralus where you can go around large chunks of it unhindered for flavor.

    I have said before, but I would very much like if Blizzard tried rethinking what a zone in EK and Kalimdor is. They worked well for what were back in Vanilla when +100% movement speed mounts was a rare endgame goal, not the expected mode of transportation for those just starting out. For that reason I would argue for the removal of the old zone barrier mountains, at least for the most part. Not necessarily flattening them out, but not having them be impassable walls.

    Other stuff I would love is Bloodmyst and Azuremyst being given a full makeover into a proper Draenei town, or even city using the assets from WoD. The Exodar is cool and all, but I would argue that the Draenei should have been on Azeroth long enough that they should have set up some of their bigger structures by this point. And to me the image of the big Karabor style building with the Vindicaar hovering above it seems so cool.
    Full Nelf settlement under Hyjal would be nice. Where exactly Amirdrassil will be placed is hard to say, but Hyjal should still have some actual Nelf settlements. It did afterall have some burnt ones back in Cataclysm, so we know that Nelves live there.


    The most unlikely to see happen though is a revamp of Vashj'ir. Highly unlikely given it's not really connected to the mainland, nor did the playerbase love it. But I would love some more quests ad storylines with the Ankoan there. Even if it's entirely a sidequest, Don't even need any specific resources there either. I just want more Vashj'ir content.

    - - - Updated - - -



    At least, if there are. Make them in such a way that you can easily "complete" them at some point. Zones in EK and Kalimdor should be used more often, and when we go back to wherever new outpost was, we shouldnt see that the settlers are still struggling with the basic building. We should go back and see that the buildings are up.
    The thing about zone barriers being reworked is huge. I remember seeing the map of Kul Tiras for the first time and being so disappointed they were wasting so much of the map on mountains that would just block off and shrink the zones. I was thrilled to be proven wrong when it turns out they built the mountains to not only be climbable, but to be climbable/passable in various places so you don't just feel like you're being handheld along a specific route (and they even had quests and mobs and buildings on the mountains!). It felt so much more natural and less, well, designed. They could easily rework all true mountainous areas between zones to be like this, and just generally make all zone barriers more natural and less rigidly designed to stop all passage between zones but for one or two specific road entrances except where it makes sense to have such dramatic barriers.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  17. #18157
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    The thing about zone barriers being reworked is huge. I remember seeing the map of Kul Tiras for the first time and being so disappointed they were wasting so much of the map on mountains that would just block off and shrink the zones. I was thrilled to be proven wrong when it turns out they built the mountains to not only be climbable, but to be climbable/passable in various places so you don't just feel like you're being handheld along a specific route (and they even had quests and mobs and buildings on the mountains!). It felt so much more natural and less, well, designed. They could easily rework all true mountainous areas between zones to be like this, and just generally make all zone barriers more natural and less rigidly designed to stop all passage between zones but for one or two specific road entrances except where it makes sense to have such dramatic barriers.
    Honestly some of the hills placed between zones were clearly design elements alone. If they actually do a revamp and not just a visual update, I hope for megazones and that would require some of those barriers to be removed or at least made smooth.

  18. #18158
    Something interesting in DF
    We constantly fail against the incarnates but the failure never really saw consequences immediately and just keep getting pushed so far it's meaningless

    Yes we killed raz but she let her siblings free which unlocked a new zone where we didn't interact with them

    Ran into fyrakk in the caverns but he literally dominated

    Iridikron escaped with his trinket

    I like the idea of us losing but only if there's immediately consequences like 8.2 into 8.3

  19. #18159
    Brewmaster doledippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,355
    towelie teasing us again https://twitter.com/towelthetank/sta...08256925847620

    what could this mean

  20. #18160
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    towelie teasing us again https://twitter.com/towelthetank/sta...08256925847620

    what could this mean
    It means nothing. In shadowlands he kept hinting 10.0 could be a whole new world which obvs was totally wrong.
    Hes doing the same thing now, you really think Blizz is gonna allow him to give any info at all?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •