10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because Pandas were not exclusively used as comedic relief, while Goblin and Gnomes have been?

I don't see how it's so hard to understand.
    Are you serious? When MoP was announced at BlizzCon Metzen had to yell at the unruly crowd and tell them it wasn’t a joke. Mainly because Pandaren were portrayed in a less serious manner for years.

An underground patch like Zaralek Cavern I can see, but not an entire expansion that is fully underground. You would lose a lot of sales to claustrophobes, who don't want to be trapped underground for 2 years. It would be the Maw all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    An underground patch like Zaralek Cavern I can see, but not an entire expansion that is fully underground. You would lose a lot of sales to claustrophobes, who don't want to be trapped underground for 2 years. It would be the Maw all over again.
    Undermine wouldn't resemble the Maw or Zaralek.

Like do people forget the concept of Warcraft Goblins?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw if we get a revamp, what do you expect has to change? let's go for minimal, just visual update
    I think Westfall should get a lake to cover the Raging Chasm. Echo Isles should look like an actual troll settlement with a proper port connection to Dazar'alor. The Loch Modan Dam and maybe the Thandol Span should be rebuilt. Forsaken should have a port! And I very much want the area that joins Quel'thalas and Lordaeron to be worked over. Stratholme Bay with a proper port and a proper Amani area. And I wish for some underground areas.
    Lakeshire being completely ravaged from the Scourge attacks in SL with John J Keeshan returning to clean up the undead... The Chasm in Westfall is actually growing in size due to elemental activity and probably the Primalists trying to cause trouble. Sentinel Hill is still not fully repaired (mostly because Vanessa Vancleef raided it and burned the whole settlement in Cata. [We never saw the resolution to that part.])

A Pandaren discovers the Hot Springs in Winterspring and tries to make them into a travel destination by building an inn nearby. The goblins of Azshara have taken over Gallywix's Pleasure Palace and begun dismantling his metal face from the rocks (not because they hate Gallywix, but they wanna use the metal for scrap.)

Felwood's corruption is slowly seeping into Ashenvale due to the work of the Satyrs. Ever since Teldrassil's destruction, many night elves are seeking alternative methods to save their race from dying... one of which is turning themselves into Satyrs which is how we're seeing more of them even with the Legion and Xavius gone.

With the Botani in the Barrens, the oasis's scattered around the Barrens are starting to become rampant wild growths with the Botani trying to turn the vegetation into carnivores and are using the Centaurs to be turned into plant zombies like they did the Orcs in Gorgrond. The local Saberon show a rude disposition to the Botani and a few join the Horde to combat the ever-growing plants.. An intersecting bridge connecting the North and Southern Barrens was made.

Stratholme is probably destroyed beyond repair at this point, but there is a slight chance that there are some scavengers and survivors left over... though it is deemed as a quarantine zone. The Blood Elves partnered up with the Cenarion Circle and some of the Argent Crusade to begin Ghostland's healing process and even starts to show signs of healing reaching to the East Plaguelands. On top of this, with the help of the Nightborne, Silvermoon is returning to its former glory (along with new ideas the Nightborne provided.)

Undermine could definitely have a fake sky, either through pollution or a big video screen.

Khaz Algar I don't know about. Uldaz... probably not.

1+ Year Old Account
    We back on the "fanfiction", head canon, roller coaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Thematically it would look entirely different, absolutely, but it's the Argus argument all over again; can a full expansion of goblin aesthetic carry an expansion? The second they leave that aesthetic they teeter back into Zaralek and brings us back to that argument. The same look for a whole expansion can be nauseating, I'm already pretty sick of the dragon architecture and armor style they went with.

Undermine worked into another expansion can be so so cool. These art pieces are incredible, and I think there would be a ton of success to come from it's addition in some form, I just don't think an expansion based around it is the answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    where does this come from? I really like!

but yeah I imagine it being a huge city with buildings and a lot of variety multi-cultural neighborhoods

in fact, if done right, this could be one of the best expansion ideas
    Hearthstone expansions Mean Streets of Gadgetzhan and Boomsday Project. HS expansions based around Goblins.

Here's the other HS expansion Gnomes vs Goblins;

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Spending 2 years in a deep, dark cave does not sound even remotely appealing to me.
    Regardless of how varied the zone environments are.
    That is so reductive. Just cause it would be themed around it, it doesn't mean it can't have open air zones too.
    Dragonflight is all about open areas. Yet, we got a cavern and the emerald dream to go with that.

There is a lot of new design that can go into a new environment. There can be openings where the sunlight comes through, there can be crystal illuminations, technological domes. It's full of potential where regular open zones have been done a lot. This is a chance for creativity, which they passed with Argus, Nazjatar and the emerald dream by making them patches.

I am excited to see what sort of ecosystems and structures they would come up with. It can be very fresh.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2023-09-20 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    Thematically it would look entirely different, absolutely, but it's the Argus argument all over again; can a full expansion of goblin aesthetic carry an expansion? The second they leave that aesthetic they teeter back into Zaralek and brings us back to that argument. The same look for a whole expansion can be nauseating, I'm already pretty sick of the dragon architecture and armor style they went with.

Undermine worked into another expansion can be so so cool. These art pieces are incredible, and I think there would be a ton of success to come from it's addition in some form, I just don't think an expansion based around it is the answer
    I don't believe that would be the case though. Here's artwork from Blizzard from Boomsday Project;

And that's just from a "mad science" standpoint. In short, I trust the Blizzard art team to make varied and interesting environments in an Undermine expansion. Everyone should.

People should google Fantasy Underground places. There's all kinds of pics that show what you can do with the theme;

Hm..imagine an immense cavern, the miles long ceiling the concavity of a gigantic geode, the crystalline structure magnifying every light source below.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the Undermine is actually Uldaz? Either the city built on top of it... or the titan facility/city "re-decorated" after generations of goblins living in it without their knowledge?

I would be all for for Undermine being the setting of an expansion. There’s enough legs and creativity there for it to be so, with plenty of variety.

That said, I sadly don’t see it. I think when we do get Undermine it’ll be used as a zone in a South Seas expansion or a new one in a revamp expansion. I could also see it as potentially the capital for either a more general underground expansion or for the South Seas.

Knowing Blizzard though I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see them relegate it to either a raid, dungeon or mega dungeon though.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    What if the Undermine is actually Uldaz? Either the city built on top of it... or the titan facility/city "re-decorated" after generations of goblins living in it without their knowledge?
    I love this idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That's definitely possible. It would explain the crapload of Azerite there and around Kezan. Not to mention the mineral Kaja'mite which makes Goblins smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

You misunderstand. It doesn't resemble the Maw, being trapped underground for 2 years for someone that hates being in tight enclosed spaces would feel every bit as torturous as going through the Maw for 2 years was.

You misunderstand. It doesn't resemble the Maw, being trapped underground for 2 years for someone that hates being in tight enclosed spaces would feel every bit as torturous as going through the Maw for 2 years was.
    Doesn't need to be small caverns. They could do an absolutely massive one. On the planet right now we have a cave with its own cloud system inside due to the combination of size and the river running through, just amp that up for fantasy

Going underground and entering massive lost worlds is a big trope after all. See Dungeons and Dragons and its whole Underdark for the most obvious, but, its something Warcraft hasn't really touched and they can probably get some interesting stuff out of the idea

BFA was the South Seas expansion - we're not getting that
    Undermine would be an asspull, but it could be interesting - but I've always loved the more high tech story arcs in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    who said you would be stuck underground for 2 years? there would surely be access to the surface of Kezan
    and a cave can be gigantic with a lot of space and light, so the complete opposite of what you describe
    Kezan
    Undermine
    Uldaz?
    ???
    ???

It's a tough sell for zone variety. It would work with the South Seas overall but not without it.

10+ Year Old Account

Something like this;

Would make someone feel claustrophobic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Kezan
    Undermine
    Uldaz?
    ???
    ???

It's a tough sell for zone variety. It would work with the South Seas overall but not without it.
    They would likely add Hearthstone version of Gadgetzhan to the mix too;