Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Aye me too, reading the last few pages my hype has waned and it's starting to look more and more like the next e3xpansion will not appearl to me if it is indeed cave/mine/goblin/gnome centric and no Revamp or Void, I will still see but I do feel my hype dying.
    If it's any consolation then take solace in knowing that specualtion tends to get veered off course a couple of times during the hype phase.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt they make a full xpac in a cave. Abs. not. I think they are fully aware of dull env being a danger to subs after the maw and questionable themes in SL.
    It is a weird week without any news I guess this is what is killing our hype.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    https://x.com/soulsobreezy/status/17...352697178?s=46

Sword connected to the underground?
    I do think the sword needs to be destroyed, and it definitely has connection to the heart of Azeroth and Azerite which should play a role in an underground expansion. However, I don't believe a random Aqir/Titan catacomb would warrant an expansion. Would work as a raid location though. Undermine truly is the best candidate for an underground expansion's focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I highly doubt they make a full xpac in a cave. Abs. not. I think they are fully aware of dull env being a danger to subs after the maw and questionable themes in SL.
    It is a weird week without any news I guess this is what is killing our hype.
    Which is why, once again, I'm saying that Undermine makes more sense in that scenario, because it wouldn't be a cave, it would be an underground metropolis dominated by goblin science and wealth and civilization.

Oh boy, Underground is going to be the thing the next wave of "leaks" is going to latch on to, isn't it?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Oh boy, Underground is going to be the thing the next wave of "leaks" is going to latch on to, isn't it?
    For sure. Be on the lookout for fake maps and press kits.

They already said recently in an interview they are not going to do expansions that revolve around only 1 theme/visual queue (Eg. Old God expansion) and underground fits that as well.
    Towellie is just on his yearly attention seeking crusade. He keeps being wrong over and over again and yet for some reason people still believe him.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Or Towellie is hinting at one thing he saw from the new expansion.

Silithus collapsing into an Old God endgame area in a revamp would make sense. Especially if they are going ALL IN on Classic nostalgia, to the point that they bring back the Qiraji.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-09-20 at 08:36 PM.

Here's the gist of it, since some of you might just have woken up or joined the conversation about the underground (we discussed it a bunch about 12 hours ago).

The Harbinger and Iridikron want to reach the core of the world, possibly to claim the world-soul. They might go through the Wound in Silithus. Players, however, could perhaps go via the Undermine. Our destination is basically the Underdark, or some type of Journey to the Center of the Earth kind of deal. A vast world inside Azeroth.

It should feel good to be there, not like Zarelek Cavern. So there might be tons of Azerite or something to light up the cave, and breathe life into plants and animals.

Or Towellie is hinting at one thing from the new expansion.

Silithus collapsing into an Old God endgame area in a revamp would make sense.
    It would. Would give a good reason to just scrap the entirety of Ahn'qiraj and build something new there instead. It was after all a similar sticking point for Cataclysm to have this area untouched.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    My thought are that it would've been better if a Gnomish Engineer showed up with a Gnomish Shrink Ray and shrunk the Sword at this point if they are going with this idea unless they intend to have the sunken Sword as a Raid underground.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Here's the gist of it, since some of you might just have woken up or joined the conversation about the underground (we discussed it a bunch about 12 hours ago).

The Harbinger and Iridikron want to reach the core of the world, possibly to claim the world-soul. They might go through the Wound in Silithus. Players, however, could perhaps go via the Undermine. Our destination is basically the Underdark, or some type of Journey to the Center of the Earth kind of deal. A vast world inside Azeroth.

It should feel good to be there, not like Zarelek Cavern. So there might be tons of Azerite or something to light up the cave, and breathe life into plants and animals.
    Part of why I struggle to see this happening is that you would need it to be caves, or there is no point. And if you make it into caves then you are really limiting yourself to a specific theme.
    You could have a Jules Verne style hollow earth with boiluminescent fungus on the ceiling, or Azerite clusters working as suns, but you would still be in a cave.

Caves always seem to me like a zone you have for drastic contrast, not as a core theme. You go to Deepholm because it's such a drastic departure from other zones, and really make you feel like you are underground. Zaralek as well works this way. You have all these nice zones above for each colour of dragon, and then you get Zaralek Caverns for the Black dragonflight and it really feels it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    My thought are that it would've been better if a Gnomish Engineer showed up with a Gnomish Shrink Ray and shrunk the Sword at this point if they are going with this idea unless they intend to have the sunken Sword as a Raid underground.
    Why do you need to remove the sword anyways? It's been stated several times to not be doing anything. We fixed the issue twice, both at the end of Legion with effective First Aid, and at the end of BfA with all the Azerite.
    Removing it would just be for the sake of it, and I would much rather such an event be a big deal. Either by Azeroth herself pulling it out after being birthed, or some other Titan or equivalent doing it.

The Jinyu and boats definitely don't fit an entirely underground expansion, unless it's boats to Kezan. There's not enough pointing to an entirely underground expansion IMO, but definitely A zone or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They already said recently in an interview they are not going to do expansions that revolve around only 1 theme/visual queue (Eg. Old God expansion) and underground fits that as well.
    Towellie is just on his yearly attention seeking crusade. He keeps being wrong over and over again and yet for some reason people still believe him.
    It’s highly doubtful that Undermine would have a similar looking visual theme throughout.

The Jinyu and boats definitely don't fit an entirely underground expansion, unless it's boats to Kezan. There's not enough pointing to an entirely underground expansion IMO, but definitely A zone or two.
    Boats would again fit much better a world revamp theme. Ek and Kalimdor getting more connected through trading routes, which will be shown by merchant fleets and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s highly doubtful that Undermine would have a similar looking visual theme throughout.
    If it doesnt, then why make it the Undermine? Isn't it better in that case to have Undermine be a singular new zone as a faction city.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah it will have different areas, but you can't have something the size of a Dragon Isles-like continent. Undermine would always be better suited as a zone + City environment like thaldraszus if anything IMO.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Actually, why not make Undermine the new Goblin Capital? Bilgewater Harbor never did anything anyways, and I'm sure someone will complain if Alliance gets one more functional city when Gilneas is retaken. Just have a zone be Kezan with Undermine beneath it. Full new zone for both endgame content, and for new faction cities for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Actually, why not make Undermine the new Goblin Capital? Bilgewater Harbor never did anything anyways, and I'm sure someone will complain if Alliance gets one more functional city when Gilneas is retaken. Just have a zone be Kezan with Undermine beneath it. Full new zone for both endgame content, and for new faction cities for the Horde.
    To even out the eventual return of Gilneas to Worgen, which was already confirmed to going to happen ingame? Hold on! You're on to something.
    Part 2 of the cata line from the chinese leaker.... yes its all coming together now.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    To even out the eventual return of Gilneas to Worgen, which was already confirmed to going to happen ingame? Hold on! You're on to something.
    Gilneas City is afterall a full capital city as well. It's even got colour coded districts on its own map. It doesnt take much to make a functional capital these days, not to mention that Gilneas would be a much more convenient capital to teleport to compared to Bilgewater Harbor would be for Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If it doesnt, then why make it the Undermine? Isn't it better in that case to have Undermine be a singular new zone as a faction city.
    No, because Undermine isn't controlled by the Bildgewater cartel, it's controlled by the Trade Coalition, which is a group of neutral goblin trade princes. Gazlowe's Bildgewater cartel is with the Horde, but the other goblin cartels and companies are not.

In addition, Blizzard originally conceived Undermine as a continent-sized landmass. It's unclear if they'd conceive it that way now, but if we're going on history, I would lean in the direction of Undermine being a continent.

Cant believe so many people in this thread are taking Towelie’s word as gospel. Some of you are so gullible.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-09-20 at 08:57 PM.