1. #18621
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Night elves are extremely long lived. At this age, he wouldn't even have weaned off diapers.
    They are long lived, but they age just as humans do.

    "Adulthood" to them is past age 20, as per the Illidan novel.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  2. #18622
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Thats because npc's don't use player models. Most of the time they don't wear armor pieces, but the armor is part of their model which gives artists more freedom to create outstanding models. They also don't have to worry too much about clipping because they simply don't move as much and are not in your pov 24/7 when you play the game.

    That being said; Give us npc armor! Elisande, Talanji, Greymane, Khadgar? I want all of them.
    Oh yeah totally, there are some npc's that would probably make it very hard to be accessible for all races but there are some that they can break into different armor pieces fitting the playable model, such as this datamined, older sylvanas set.

    From the top of my head i don't really remember now which npc armor set would be impossible to break into player armor pieces, but i think with most of them it's doable - especially orcs, elves and humans, minus some npcs - for greymane it would probable be a problem because of the coat on top of his outfit.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-09-21 at 12:34 PM.

  3. #18623
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    People keep saying this, but entirely ingnore that Argus wasn't born at all.
    We teleported him and the rest of the Pantheon to their Seat, and then Sargeras unleashd him on us.
    We have absolutely no idea what the birth of a Titan actually entails.
    well he wasnt asleep or just sitting/lying there, he was fighting, so as far as we can say he DID awaken...

    will the awakening of azeroth be the same? we dont know, so saying it will kill all life on azeroth is a GUESS which is in direct contradiction of only planet and awakened titan we know of, no matter how different the situation might be...
    if we get some other information well see, but for now awakening of titan doesnt kill all life on planet as per Argus

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Night elves are extremely long lived. At this age, he wouldn't even have weaned off diapers.
    werent tyrande/malfurion/ilidan roughly that age at the events of War of the Ancients?

    nelfs are immortal but i dont think we have anything pointing they grow up slower

  4. #18624
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well he wasnt asleep or just sitting/lying there, he was fighting, so as far as we can say he DID awaken...
    At the seat, yes. Before that, when we were still on Argus, he was in fact just "sitting" there - Argus is that greenish blue nebula behind Aggramar's boss arena.

    The fact that we have never seen or even heard of a proper Titan birth also works to Blizzard's favour here. They can make it pretty much whatever they want it to be, since it's a wholly unknown process.

  5. #18625
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well he wasnt asleep or just sitting/lying there, he was fighting, so as far as we can say he DID awaken...
    He awoke once he got to the Seat.
    Before that he was literally just sitting there, in the same state as Azeroth currently is, getting tormented by the Legion.

    His awakening is not an example of a titans birth and its effect on the planet, because the circumstances around his awakening are completely detached from the planet he was incubating in! (i.e he was not inside the planet when he awoke)

    That is my point.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  6. #18626
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Night elves are extremely long lived. At this age, he wouldn't even have weaned off diapers.
    For my own narrative, I'd use somewhere close to 30yrs of age for reaching the majority. (The tradeoff for me are the children they don't have. They aren't as fecund as some races)

  7. #18627
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He awoke once he got to the Seat.
    Before that he was literally just sitting there, in the same state as Azeroth currently is, getting tormented by the Legion.

    His awakening is not an example of a titans birth and its effect on the planet, because the circumstances around his awakening are completely detached from the planet he was incubating in! (i.e he was not inside the planet when he awoke)

    That is my point.
    But why are you assuming there is a natural form of birth for a world soul? I know that's what we all assumed for a long time, but its never referenced in canon, beyond Magni sometimes referring to Azeroth as "unborn" or "natal" but we now know that might just be the titan's perspective & a declaration of their goals. But nothing in the franchise has actually described a process of a planet naturally progressing into another form.

    If what we see in Zereth Mortis is any indication, it seems more likely that the First Ones manually extracted the Titan's world souls from their respective planets, then implanted them in constructed bodies. And that the Titan's plan was to make a body for Azeroth then harvest it, and that Sargeras already did that for Argus. That means Azeroth's natural form is a planet and unless some other cosmic force intervenes, it will stay that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Night elves are extremely long lived. At this age, he wouldn't even have weaned off diapers.
    That's not how any of this works. Lysander directly states he was born after the Battle for Hyjal, which honestly the Warcraft 3 name for that battle, Twilight of the Gods, is a much better name for that historical event. And without the world tree, we can assume a Night Elf's natural lifespan is anywhere between 300 and 1000 years, like a High Elf.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-21 at 01:24 PM.

  8. #18628
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Night elves are extremely long lived. At this age, he wouldn't even have weaned off diapers.
    Some fantasy has long lived creatures experience adulescence in the same developmental timeframe as humans but stretch out adulthood, and some other fantasy works to your point just expand all developmental periods proportionately (eg, a child being 80).

    I think I've seen evidence for both in WoW because of how old it is and how many different cooks are in the kitchen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    He did stab Azeroth with a pretty big sword, supposedly injuring her badly given all the Azerite.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's interesting this is called a terrarium instead of an aquarium. It looks like it has water, so it could just be a mistake. But still. A terrarium is a sealed container in which plants grow in a closed eco-system.

    Sounds kind of like an underground cave full of life, doesn't it!

    Seriously though, this is an interesting item. It's a backpiece, and it wouldn't surprise me terribly if it was a reward for buying the BlizzCon virtual ticket thingie, or pre-ordering the expansion.



    Maybe the seafloor is where the expansion is set?

    Means the koi fish is back in action, too.

    Naga hype!
    I'm now wondering if this backpack might just be a reward somehow tied to the revamp of throne of the tides or mythic season 3.

  9. #18629
    Anyone else think they might be setting up lightlord ragnaros from HS.

    It's sus that we helped establish a new Firelord, only for us to stomp it out a few years later. Like what's the point? We gonna go through fire lords like we went through horde warchiefs now??

  10. #18630
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Anyone else think they might be setting up lightlord ragnaros from HS.

    It's sus that we helped establish a new Firelord, only for us to stomp it out a few years later. Like what's the point? We gonna go through fire lords like we went through horde warchiefs now??
    Most leadership positions aren't permanent.

  11. #18631
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Anyone else think they might be setting up lightlord ragnaros from HS.

    It's sus that we helped establish a new Firelord, only for us to stomp it out a few years later. Like what's the point? We gonna go through fire lords like we went through horde warchiefs now??
    Killing him shouldn’t do any thing but send him back to the firelands so there shouldn’t be any change in firelord.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  12. #18632
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Night elves are extremely long lived. At this age, he wouldn't even have weaned off diapers.
    Where does this idea come from that long lived races must be toddlers for 500 years?

  13. #18633
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Killing him shouldn’t do any thing but send him back to the firelands so there shouldn’t be any change in firelord.
    Isn't fyrakk bringing a part of the FL into the dream? Effectively making a perma kill zone?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Most leadership positions aren't permanent.
    Yes I know, but come on, as a story it just feels bad.

  14. #18634
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where does this idea come from that long lived races must be toddlers for 500 years?
    It's a ratio really. If it followed through on a human scale then a thousand year old elf would appear incredibly wizened and shriveled. A proportional ratio for elf adulthood would be closer to a century at least...somewhere close to an 18yr old human.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2023-09-21 at 02:08 PM.

  15. #18635
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Isn't fyrakk bringing a part of the FL into the dream? Effectively making a perma kill zone?
    They said something like this in the announcement and i feel like it's specifically to justify killing smolderon. I can't see another reason why this would be important to mention.

  16. #18636
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where does this idea come from that long lived races must be toddlers for 500 years?
    They keep telling us Baby Yoda is 50, despite being a little idiot that can't do anything on its own. But then in the third season they walk that back & clarify that he was in cryosleep from age 5 until he shows up on the show.

  17. #18637
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Isn't fyrakk bringing a part of the FL into the dream? Effectively making a perma kill zone?
    Hope so. I helped this asshole in Legion and this is how he repays us.. Burn him!

  18. #18638
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They keep telling us Baby Yoda is 50, despite being a little idiot that can't do anything on its own. But then in the third season they walk that back & clarify that he was in cryosleep from age 5 until he shows up on the show.
    They didn't say he was in cryo.

  19. #18639
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's a ratio really. If it followed through on a human scale then a thousand year old elf would appear incredibly wizened and shriveled. A proportional ratio for elf adulthood would be closer to a century at least...somewhere close to an 18yr old human.
    Except there is no actual connection between those. Real world species don't all have the same ratios between developmental stages.

  20. #18640
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Killing him shouldn’t do any thing but send him back to the firelands so there shouldn’t be any change in firelord.
    Looking at the arena, we either move to FL for few bosses, or FL merges with the Dream. The zone is even called Throne of the Firelord:

    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •