1. #18721
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    When you explain why island expeditions being a core feature of the expansion, why no expansion took us into the oceans of azeroth more (nazjatar, island expeditions, random quests like finding Derek's body etc), why the heavy nautical theme and pirate/ ship theme (most of the Alliance story, three dungeons, a raid) somehow doesn't matter

    Your whole argument is simply "it wasn't called the south seas so it wasn't the south seas expansion" - it is entirely possbile any potential south seas expansion became BFA, until blizzard release an even more nautical themed expansion - that's all there is to say

    Considering the fact the big notable southern land masses of Azeroth (Pandaria, Broken Isles, Zuldazar and Kezan) are already in game - you want them to make an entire expansion out of Tel Abim? An island the size of durotar?
    That’s not what my argument was at all, and going back through our argument you can see that. So yes, you are being deliberately dishonest and as you’ve already said, I’m not going to go round in circles with you at this point.

  2. #18722
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    That’s not what my argument was at all, and going back through our argument you can see that. So yes, you are being deliberately dishonest and as you’ve already said, I’m not going to go round in circles with you at this point.
    I'm glad you admit you have no argument, thanks for playing

  3. #18723
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It boggles the mind that posters here don’t seem to understand that BFA was the south seas/Azshara/N’Zoth expansion. They’re not going to do it again.
    Boggles mine that posters here don’t seem to understand that it wasn’t the South Seas expansion (no one has mentioned N’Zoth apart from yourself repeatedly with this topic) But hey, we have people here convinced that next expansion is going to be Lightbound /w Yrel purely because Thrall is on the key art for Blizzcon and that they think Arakkoa and Ogres are the next logical step for playable races despite no evidence for it. So I guess it’s par for the course really isn’t it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    I'm glad you admit you have no argument, thanks for playing
    I’m glad you continue to reaffirm how dense you are.

  4. #18724
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It boggles the mind that posters here don’t seem to understand that BFA was the south seas/Azshara/N’Zoth expansion. They’re not going to do it again.
    It is mindboggling - I actually think South Seas is an interesting concept and wish they had done more with it in BFA, like I said plunder isle was datamined - a pirate raid would have been amazing rather than uunat or something, any future south seas expac would be entirely tel abim and complete asspulls lorewise after that, not really something to hope for

  5. #18725
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Boggles mine that posters here don’t seem to understand that it wasn’t the South Seas expansion (no one has mentioned N’Zoth apart from yourself repeatedly with this topic) But hey, we have people here convinced that next expansion is going to be Lightbound /w Yrel purely because Thrall is on the key art for Blizzcon and that they think Arakkoa and Ogres are the next logical step for playable races despite no evidence for it. So I guess it’s par for the course really isn’t it?
    What would be in a South Seas/Azshara etc. expansion that wasn’t in BFA?

  6. #18726
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Boggles mine that posters here don’t seem to understand that it wasn’t the South Seas expansion (no one has mentioned N’Zoth apart from yourself repeatedly with this topic) But hey, we have people here convinced that next expansion is going to be Lightbound /w Yrel purely because Thrall is on the key art for Blizzcon and that they think Arakkoa and Ogres are the next logical step for playable races despite no evidence for it. So I guess it’s par for the course really isn’t it?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I’m glad you continue to reaffirm how dense you are.
    You've done nothing other than say I'm wrong - adress each point in my last post about the datamining and the fact most notable southern landmasses are already in game and how that doesn't blow the prospect of a future southern seas expansion out of the water - any reply other than that I won't waste my time with, thanks again for playing

  7. #18727
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    It is mindboggling - I actually think South Seas is an interesting concept and wish they had done more with it in BFA, like I said plunder isle was datamined - a pirate raid would have been amazing rather than uunat or something, any future south seas expac would be entirely tel abim and complete asspulls lorewise after that, not really something to hope for
    - Undermine/Kezan
    - Plunder Isle
    - Tel’Abim
    - Hiji
    - Ogrezonia

    All established South Seas locations in lore, but sure go off. It’s not as if the Broken Isles were literally just the Broken Shore prior to Legion - right?

  8. #18728
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Anu belore banana!
    Glory to the Tel'dorei!


  9. #18729
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It boggles the mind that posters here don’t seem to understand that BFA was the south seas/Azshara/N’Zoth expansion. They’re not going to do it again.
    “It boggles the mind that posters here don’t seem to understand that WoD was a Yrel/Light/Orc expansion. They’re not going to do that again.”

    Weird how there’s so much pointing directly to Azshara & something major with the sea.
    It’s more boggling to me how posters like yourself could be so against it since given how you like to take every little thing as an expansion hint. (Throwback to dragonflight, Undermine, and tinkers coming in 10.0 because of the mechanical dragon mount & pet.)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-09-21 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  10. #18730
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    You've done nothing other than say I'm wrong - adress each point in my last post about the datamining and the fact most notable southern landmasses are already in game and how that doesn't blow the prospect of a future southern seas expansion out of the water - any reply other than that I won't waste my time with, thanks again for playing
    I, and Huth have literally already done all of that in previous pages. It’s in fact, yourself who refuses to address our points in response and just acts like an immature child with no argument by saying we’re wrong. Sticking your fingers in your ears and going “lalala I can’t hear you” and continuing to double down and lie like an ignoramus and being completely disingenuous won’t make you correct.

  11. #18731
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    - Undermine/Kezan
    - Plunder Isle
    - Tel’Abim
    - Hiji
    - Ogrezonia

    All established South Seas locations in lore, but sure go off. It’s not as if the Broken Isles were literally just the Broken Shore prior to Legion - right?
    True, and also before DF the Dragon Isles were only an art piece of a giant old god temple.
    Blizzard can/will just add whatever they want to a south seas expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  12. #18732
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    - Undermine/Kezan
    - Plunder Isle
    - Tel’Abim
    - Hiji
    - Ogrezonia

    All established South Seas locations in lore, but sure go off. It’s not as if the Broken Isles were literally just the Broken Shore prior to Legion - right?
    - Kezan is in the game
    - Plunder Isle was cut from BFA
    - Undermine belongs to the subterranean theme alonside the nerubian empire etc, not the south seas theme

    So, let's look at what you can actually use

    - Tel'Abim, a small island with absolutely no lore besides bananas
    - Ogrezonia, a quote "tiny island" that has literally only been mentioned once in the game via one single quest, and the whole quest is a gag reference to futurama
    - Hiji, literally no lore, and many argue it's just the native name of Plunder Isle

    So if you wanna base a whole expansion off that - go right ahead

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    True, and also before DF the Dragon Isles were only an art piece of a giant old god temple.
    Blizzard can/will just add whatever they want to a south seas expansion.
    Can =/= Should

    One of the biggest problem with dragonflight lore is it's hard to care about something that was a complete asspull, that's why people hate Shadowlands and love Wrath

  13. #18733
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    “It boggles the mind that posters here don’t seem to understand that WoD was a Yrel/Light/Orc expansion. They’re not going to do that again.”

    Weird how there’s so much pointing directly to Azshara & something major with the sea.
    It’s more boggling to me how posters like yourself could be so against it since given how you like to take every little thing as an expansion hint. (Throwback to dragonflight, Undermine, and tinkers because of the mechanical dragon mount.)
    I simply don’t see how a Naga/Azshara is possible when Blizzard could have pulled that exact same expansion in 8.0, but they didn’t. Instead, they stuffed the Deep Below/South Seas concept with other themes because they CLEARLY didn’t want to go all in on a deep sea expansion with just Azshara and N’Zoth.

    Nothings changed since that point in time.

  14. #18734
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It boggles the mind that posters here don’t seem to understand that BFA was the south seas/Azshara/N’Zoth expansion. They’re not going to do it again.
    Because a South Sea expansion would deal with Tel Abim and the entirity of Kezan, which are notably absent. Also because, Kul Tiras isn't in the South Sea area. Like, at all.

    And finally, because the datamined dragonriding trophy for the BFA zones is very specifically called the Great Seas. Blizzard don't even internally consider it anything close to the South Seas. That's why

  15. #18735
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It boggles the mind that posters here don’t seem to understand that BFA was the south seas/Azshara/N’Zoth expansion. They’re not going to do it again.
    They literally ended Azshara's story in BfA in a way that basically guarantees she'll show up again. So yes, they absolutely will, and were already making preparations for it.

  16. #18736
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I, and Huth have literally already done all of that in previous pages. It’s in fact, yourself who refuses to address our points in response and just acts like an immature child with no argument by saying we’re wrong. Sticking your fingers in your ears and going “lalala I can’t hear you” and continuing to double down and lie like an ignoramus and being completely disingenuous won’t make you correct.
    I mean if my above post is akin to me saying "“lalala I can’t hear you”" to your eyes, you may need glasses

  17. #18737
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I simply don’t see how a Naga/Azshara is possible when Blizzard could have pulled that exact same expansion in 8.0, but they didn’t. Instead, they stuffed the Deep Below/South Seas concept with other themes because they CLEARLY didn’t want to go all in on a deep sea expansion with just Azshara and N’Zoth.

    Nothings changed since that point in time.
    Then that’s a failure of your own imagination.
    It’s clear w/ lore in the forbidden reach (and hell, even her ‘ending’ in BfA) that Azshara is going to return, and all the seafaring-based hints just help solidify it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  18. #18738
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Because a South Sea expansion would deal with Tel Abim and the entirity of Kezan, which are notably absent. Also because, Kul Tiras isn't in the South Sea area. Like, at all.

    And finally, because the datamined dragonriding trophy for the BFA zones is very specifically called the Great Seas. Blizzard don't even internally consider it anything close to the South Seas. That's why
    You realise the Great Sea is the term for the entire ocean between northrend, pandaria, EK and Kalimdor right - the south seas are inside of that

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They literally ended Azshara's story in BfA in a way that basically guarantees she'll show up again. So yes, they absolutely will, and were already making preparations for it.
    And what proof do you have it would be in a southern seas expansion? Are they going to make us raid the Eternal Palace to find her again?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Then that’s a failure of your own imagination.
    It’s clear w/ lore in the forbidden reach (and hell, even her ‘ending’ in BfA) that Azshara is going to return, and all the seafaring-based hints just help solidify it.
    IF she returns (which all the hinting in the world means nothing until it actually happens); there's nothing to say it would have to be a southern seas style expansion, moreover, would her appearing in ANY future expansion be proof enough to consider it a south seas expansion?

  19. #18739
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    - Kezan is in the game
    - Plunder Isle was cut from BFA
    - Undermine belongs to the subterranean theme alonside the nerubian empire etc, not the south seas theme

    So, let's look at what you can actually use

    - Tel'Abim, a small island with absolutely no lore besides bananas
    - Ogrezonia, a quote "tiny island" that has literally only been mentioned once in the game via one single quest, and the whole quest is a gag reference to futurama
    - Hiji, literally no lore, and many argue it's just the native name of Plunder Isle

    So if you wanna base a whole expansion off that - go right ahead
    - We’ve only seen one part of Kezan. Outside of the Goblin starting experience we can’t return to that one small part.
    - Source on that? Even if it was cut, well stone me - I wonder why a popular staple of all South Seas concepts was cut from THE South Seas expansion. Couldn’t possibly be because it was being reserved for an actual South Seas expansion could it? Definitely not.
    - Sorry, what? If Kezan were to feature in a South Seas expansion then they’re not just going to completely omit Undermine because it “belongs to the subterranean theme.”
    - Tel’Abim has been seeded with lore as recent as Dragonflight. I assume you don’t play the game? Do you know where else had little to no lore before they were implemented as zones? I won’t burst your bubble for you.
    - I take it you don’t know how Pandaria came to be, do you?
    - Who are the many that argue it? Fans? Forum posters? So it’s just conjecture with no evidence whatsoever. Okay, well I argue that Farahlon is the ancient name for Stormshield.

    Regardless of whether it has no lore or not, it’s still established in game. There’s evidence for it existing. Therefore, it is not an asspull. It’s less of an asspull than Val’sharah, Highmountain, Stormwind and Azsuna.

  20. #18740
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Because a South Sea expansion would deal with Tel Abim and the entirity of Kezan, which are notably absent. Also because, Kul Tiras isn't in the South Sea area. Like, at all.
    That wouldn’t be a south seas expansion though, that would be an undermine expansion. No different than MoP being a Pandarian expansion despite Pandaria and it’s surrounding islands being in the south seas.

    And finally, because the datamined dragonriding trophy for the BFA zones is very specifically called the Great Seas. Blizzard don't even internally consider it anything close to the South Seas. That's why
    Well there it is. No need to do South Seas if we’ve already done the Great Seas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •