1. #18881
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I think the Void would be good as it's own expac. There are more options there at least compared to a Black Empire expac.
    Yes but an old world revamp where the villains are a cosmic force invading that old world would be par for the course.

  2. #18882
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Why do you assume that they’ll be the same assets? You’re just being deliberately obtuse at this point in order to go against what people are saying to you. You know full well that with a character like Azshara that they could and would be completely new assets.

    Some of the possibilities:

    - She sheds her Naga form and takes on her previous Highborne form. We could either fight her in Ancient Kalimdor which wouldn’t be Naga enemies or Naga assets at all. They would be Highborne assets and the Highborne we fight would likely be either Void corrupted or possibly even Order.

    - A theory thrown around a few times is that she travels to the centre of Azeroth and she absorbs the essence of Azeroth, essentially becoming her avatar. This would clearly necessitate a form change for her and she’s very likely have the ability to transform her minions into something more fitting. Presto, new assets and aesthetics. There you go, you have your villain for the underground expansion you want, and one a lot more compelling than Gallywix in an azerite mech suit.

    - She makes a deal with the Void Lords themselves and brings about the voids invasion of Azeroth. Again, this would be using the new Void art direction seen in Aberrus.

    - She invades the seat of the pantheon and frees Sargeras. She then uses Sargeras to gain access to the realm of order with the assistance of Iridikron and Xal’atath in an effort to rid the cosmos of the titans.

    Like, come on. Surely you aren’t this unimaginative? I feel like at this point you’re just being deliberately stubborn and disregarding everything everyone is saying to you, purely because you don’t want to see it and because you want to be right.
    So she becomes an avatar of Azeroth to bring in a Void Lord invasion that would essentially be the Black Empire that we saw at the end of 8.3? If that's the goal, why not simply do the exact same thing in BFA with N'Zoth ushering in his void lord masters? It doesn't make sense for Azshara to merge with a titan and then essentially give up that power to wind up being a servant of the void all over again.

    Also I would love to know how we defeat the avatar of Azeroth AND the Void Lords working together. You might as well end WoW after that.

  3. #18883
    Oh wow if they finally do something with that sword that'd be pretty neat. Galakrond essence go in sword maybe?

  4. #18884
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post


    one of the pictures, this seems AI generated

    https://x.com/wowexdev/status/1704396587613442160?s=20

    ???
    Ok, speculation time - if the artworks and screens are legit, it seems like the sword in Silithus may get void infused, and the screens could be Nathreza or Xoroth. We also got the Nathrezim sets via datamining. So what if we get a Revamp + Nathreza/Xoroth als (big) max level zone? While I would have prefered some classic locations as settings for a raid (like a Scarlet Monastery raid, Zul Gurub 2.0 or AQ 2.0), going to the remnants of the Dreadlords' homeworld and getting a rematch with Denathrius sounds fun too! Regarding Xoroth, purple, green and red would fit with the three colours of the Warlock's class hall mount.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  5. #18885
    I earlier theroized an atlantis expansion underground.

    I could see us and Xal'atath + iridikron (if she is to be a nyalarthotep comparison) travelling separately to this underground continent to try and work with the heretics to reach the world soul. The children of the first flesh having to remember their original cause of whatever it is would make sense here. Only for Azshara to swoop in and claim the true Throne of power last minute.

    None of this would have to use assets we got in BFA. How incredibly unimaginative.

    Maybe Azshara has already gone and used her glamour powers to entice them all into worshipping her so she could use whatever titan machine there to prepare the world soul. Maybe she goes with us under a glade pretense of stopping the void only to turn sides.
    Last edited by Nibelheimy; 2023-09-22 at 04:43 PM.

  6. #18886
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,216
    Well, I mean that blade probably pretty high energy so it being turned into a Portal isn't the most bizarre thing that could happen to it.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


  7. #18887
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I’m really struggling to follow how you think Azshara as an expansion boss, with all the possibilities a character such as her would undoubtedly have, would be underwhelming yet you’ve advocated for Gallywix in an azerite mech suit as the end boss for an Undermine expansion.

    The most powerful arcane user in Azeroth’s history who allowed us to beat her previously. A character with links to presumably the Void Lords currently, as well as Sargeras vs. a character that would most definitely be a joke to the player characters powered by a substance we saw plenty of in BfA whilst dealing with similarly powered up constructs.

    Make it make sense.
    It's also worth noting that Gallywix, despite being a "joke character" was given a fully fleshed out backstory, not only giving us a story about how he became a Trade Prince.. but the kind of goblin he is. Blizzard didn't need to give this character a story like it but the fact that they put a spotlight on him gives some indication that he is a potential threat.
    So long as there is still Azerite coming out, he's gonna keep trying to harvest as much as possible.

    As for Azshara, what else is there for her to do aside from getting the void? Which we don't know because it is all speculation. If we truly wanted to face off against her in one finale round, I would suspect that she'd fight us in her prime.. when she was a Highborne. No tentacles, no Naga... just pure unfiltered arcane power.

  8. #18888
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So she becomes an avatar of Azeroth to bring in a Void Lord invasion that would essentially be the Black Empire that we saw at the end of 8.3? If that's the goal, why not simply do the exact same thing in BFA with N'Zoth ushering in his void lord masters? It doesn't make sense for Azshara to merge with a titan and then essentially give up that power to wind up being a servant of the void all over again.

    Also I would love to know how we defeat the avatar of Azeroth AND the Void Lords working together. You might as well end WoW after that.
    I never said that as the avatar of Azeroth she would usher in a Void Lord invasion, reading comprehension, or just stop being dishonest. I presented them as two separate ideas. I imagine in the scenario where she becomes Azeroth’s avatar she would be content just ruling over us and the planet, not backed up by any “masters”.

    Why would defeating the void lords mean the end of WoW? We have to fight them at some point. Was defeating Sargeras the end of WoW? There are other villains to fight, such as the 7th force The Jailer fears or even the First Ones if it came to it. I’m sure @Cosmicpreds would be happy.

  9. #18889
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,641
    Afaik they never said where exactly the dreadlord citadel in Warcraft 3 was right? So it may be one of the little nuggets that get turned into a raid tier down the line.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  10. #18890
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    It's also worth noting that Gallywix, despite being a "joke character" was given a fully fleshed out backstory, not only giving us a story about how he became a Trade Prince.. but the kind of goblin he is. Blizzard didn't need to give this character a story like it but the fact that they put a spotlight on him gives some indication that he is a potential threat.
    So long as there is still Azerite coming out, he's gonna keep trying to harvest as much as possible.

    As for Azshara, what else is there for her to do aside from getting the void? Which we don't know because it is all speculation. If we truly wanted to face off against her in one finale round, I would suspect that she'd fight us in her prime.. when she was a Highborne. No tentacles, no Naga... just pure unfiltered arcane power.
    I don’t doubt that Gallywix will be used as a threat again, and I hope he is. I love his character. But arguing that he would be a more compelling expansion level threat than Azshara is definitely something.

    As for Azshara, my preference would be what you said. Or her absorbing power from Azeroth’s world soul and becoming her avatar for lack of a better term.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Sure. Never said Void was the next expac, just that it being an expac is likely. Same with the Realm of Light being it's own expac.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you're gonna quote me to prove a point of arrogance to someone, at least get my name right...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yay you edited it
    Not sure how it’s a point of arrogance and anytime you’re mentioned isn’t a personal attack on yourself so bear that in mind.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-09-22 at 04:51 PM.

  11. #18891
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I never said that as the avatar of Azeroth she would usher in a Void Lord invasion, reading comprehension, or just stop being dishonest. I presented them as two separate ideas. I imagine in the scenario where she becomes Azeroth’s avatar she would be content just ruling over us and the planet, not backed up by any “masters”.
    And again how do we defeat an Azshara who has the power of the most powerful titan around?

    Why would defeating the void lords mean the end of WoW? We have to fight them at some point. Was defeating Sargeras the end of WoW? There are other villains to fight, such as the 7th force The Jailer fears or even the First Ones if it came to it. I’m sure @Cosmicpreds would be happy.
    Because the Void lords are the creators of the Old Gods which are themselves extremely powerful. It starts to become absurd when we're fighting multiple Void lords who the titans themselves couldn't stop. So by the time you get to that point, you might as well end the game, because if you're beating multiple god-creating Void Lord, whacking a level 85 wolf just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's already starting to get weird because we beat N'Zoth very quickly.

  12. #18892
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And again how do we defeat an Azshara who has the power of the most powerful titan around?
    How did we defeat Argus and The Jailer?

  13. #18893
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because the Void lords are the creators of the Old Gods which are themselves extremely powerful. It starts to become absurd when we're fighting multiple Void lords who the titans themselves couldn't stop. So by the time you get to that point, you might as well end the game, because if you're beating multiple god-creating Void Lord, whacking a level 85 wolf just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's already starting to get weird because we beat N'Zoth very quickly.
    The Void Lords have been said to be weaker than the Titans though. It’s a Void Lord corrupted Titan they fear.

    Teriz, I don’t understand. You are literally a walking, talking contradiction. You’re on record to say we shouldn’t fight Azshara because we’ve already beaten her and that she’s allegedly beneath our power level. Now you’re claiming we shouldn’t be fighting Void Lords because it’s a ridiculous power creep, even though we’ve fought Titans and Eternal Ones.

    Make it make sense, stick to an actual argument.

  14. #18894
    Azeroth or not, I will honestly be shocked if the next expansion theme is solely Void without Titanic or Light antagonists as well. But that seems to be what the Scale gang is implying.

    It is interesting that they are saying Void and Towellie said Underground/Underwater. The sword could be the one thing connecting them?

  15. #18895
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,773
    This does not look like wowish at all

  16. #18896
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    The Void Lords never feared the Titans. They were just jealous of their power, which most likely is talking about the Titans power over the Mortal realm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    "We shouldn’t fight the Void Lords cause it's a ridiculous power creep"

    My bluds never met the Jailer
    They don’t fear them but they’re implied to be weaker. They can only corrupt world souls, they can’t corrupt fully grown Titans. That alone implies the difference in power level.

    The Dark Titans corrupted by the Void Lords whilst as a slumbering world soul are a different matter though

  17. #18897
    Can't post link since it's a new account but was watching mrgm on twitch and he saw someone on twitter with the name twitter.com/ wowexdev, the pictures reminded me on this leaker earlier mmo-champion. com/ threads/ 2641020-World-of-Warcraft-Empire-of-Void-10-3-and-Beyond. We will see the upcoming days if this is the real leak or no, based on what the name is in the trademark.

  18. #18898
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Azeroth or not, I will honestly be shocked if the next expansion theme is solely Void without Titanic or Light antagonists as well. But that seems to be what the Scale gang is implying.

    It is interesting that they are saying Void and Towellie said Underground/Underwater. The sword could be the one thing connecting them?
    I’d be more willing to put stock in Scaleface than Towellie. Though, I would prefer what Towellie is selling over Scaleface.

  19. #18899
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    https://twitter.com/wowexdev/status/1696868579587576092

    Is this the sword?

    Edit: I believe wxd/wowexdev leaked Legion, so even if not Scaleface he's got sources.

    Kinda gives me Kingdom Hearts vibes....

    Let me guess... Iridikron opens the Door to Darkness that leads to K'aresh by kidnapping 7 Princesses of Light (Moira, Calia, Talanji, Tyrande, Nakha, Anduin [yes, he counts], and Yrel).. and we have to seal it before the Hear-- I mean.. Void Lords invade our realm and we have to seal it with the Key-like weapon they gave us in the Secrets of Azeroth event.

    Joke theory aside, it doesn't look like Silithus.. so I doubt it is the sword. Plus it looks too small to be the Sword itself, if anything it looks like a portal of some kind. Either that or Sargeras had OTHER swords he put into other planets and this is just one of them.

  20. #18900
    Can anyone link bigger shots of those pics? Can't see them on their Twitter page

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •