Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I mean I expected it to be at least somewhat death themed. I guess you could argue that the misty nature of the place works toward it, but if I were new to all this I would've thought Zereth Mortis was more life oriented.
    That seems like a really weird expectation. More like you didn't fully understand what it actually is.

Kinda like expecting a car factory to be all car themed.

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    What if Xal isn't the 5th old god but a void titan and the xal we know is the Harbinger of her coming

The planet looking thing in the art is the true Xal
    It's beyond the umbral veil and the character in the art is basking in her glory like the Naga book talks about
    Once again I point out, why would Neltharian create a void window & a void artifact for the explicit purpose of bringing the Harbinger to Azeroth, if Xalatath was already on Azeroth when he made them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    There’s also Scaleface’s new PFP.

Which looks to be the Twitter header. Though the header is a little cut off.
    It looks strangely familiar...

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20201201013405

Anima devourers?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That seems like a really weird expectation. More like you didn't fully understand what it actually is.

Kinda like expecting a car factory to be all car themed.
    ...a car factory would be car themed though, essentially. It'd be absolutely packed with cars and car parts. Sure the factory itself may not be car shaped but there'd sure be cars all over. I can step into a car factory blindfolded, have the blindfold taken off, and immediately go "yeah this is a car factory." That's not the case with Zereth Mortis. I don't really see things that make me think death in Zereth Mortis. It'd be like going to Zereth Ordus and finding it all chaotic in aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Once again I point out, why would Neltharian create a void window & a void artifact for the explicit purpose of bringing the Harbinger to Azeroth, if Xalatath was already on Azeroth when he made them?
    Point out where he knew about the heart of ysharjj that he could have eaten for more power or him knowing about the knife at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

Anima devourers?
    That's what I'm thinking
    We are told they are from the space between realms
    What if the big planet there is the 7th force

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

Anima devourers?
    Kind of similar, but I still think they're AI-generated. I think it's probably part of a larger ARG or just a hint as to what things generally look like.
    "We will soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four."
    — G.K. Chesterton

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    ...a car factory would be car themed though, essentially. It'd be absolutely packed with cars and car parts. Sure the factory itself may not be car shaped but there'd sure be cars all over. I can step into a car factory blindfolded, have the blindfold taken off, and immediately go "yeah this is a car factory." That's not the case with Zereth Mortis. I don't really see things that make me think death in Zereth Mortis. It'd be like going to Zereth Ordus and finding it all chaotic in aesthetic.
    An NPC named Saezurah pointed this out.
    "Mortis. Lumen. Ordus. Rhythm and structure."
    "Vitae. Umbra. Tumult. Improvisation and possibility."

It was spoken in another thread, but all the names of the Zereths are from different cosmos, we know that much.. but the Zereth's are split between two categories.
    Mortis (Death), Lumen (Light), Ordus (Order) give us Rhythm and Structure.. which is translated as creation, patterns, and stabile forms.
    Vitae (Life), Umbra (Void), Tumult (Chaos) give us Improvisation and Possbility.. which can mean evolution and changes.

Basically... if we went to say Zereth Lumen, we might expect the same thing we saw at Zereth Mortis BUUUT if for example we traveled to Zereth Vitae or Zereth Tumult then it would be a much different place. (This is, of course, just a theory)

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Basically... if we went to say Zereth Lumen, we might expect the same thing we saw at Zereth Mortis BUUUT if for example we traveled to Zereth Vitae or Zereth Tumult then it would be a much different place. (This is, of course, just a theory)
    Seems unlikely. Zereth Mortis had a very specific function, warping reality to build individual afterlife realms, and it's "biome" set also reflects that, one side being the First Ones associated desert and the other side being experimental vegetation for testing environments.

Lumen wouldn't need either of those functions, in particularly because the Light seems to idealize a unification and spread. It presumably has a totally different function related to the intended function of Light. If I had to guess, something like a reality-scale laser that can project the Light outwards from its native realm to anywhere (would explain the initial Light wave that crossed the Great Dark and also how the Light is capable of doing stuff like invading the Shadowlands).

Likewise I don't think the other set would be wildly different. They're still just First Ones installations but each with their own function. They should all look aesthetically similar (and have the desert foundation) but mechanically/functionally distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Kind of similar, but I still think they're AI-generated. I think it's probably part of a larger ARG or just a hint as to what things generally look like.
    Yeah, these are giving me AI vibes so far. More than the alledged cinematic screenshot leak. Especially the 2 creatures/buildings/whatever in that header are looking pretty much exactly like what an AI would spit out.
    If this is real, or at least made to give a general feel for how things are going to look, i dont really know if i like it yet. It looks like Netherstorm but dialed up to 11. Could potentially feel even more "removed" from Warcraft than SL did.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    What? That's as Warcraft as you can get. Void Dreadlord? Fuck yeah dude
    It feels off. Otherwordly and space-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You said it. How anyone could get excited about those pics is beyond me. It looks like a recolored Argus.
    It has a vibe of another game. But, i fear that is what they are pushing for. To alienate the playerbase even more.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    unsure if anyone replied to this, but is it actually said anywhere that they reach adolescence slowly? If anything this is confirmation that night elves aging stops/slows when they reach adulthood, which we already sort of had an idea was the case.
    I guess so. There are no old-looking night elves.

OMG POSSIBLE REVAMP COMING??? (at least for Lordaeron)

Official WoW Blizzcon Tweet showing an NPC in very Classic styled armor!

Here on twitter: https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1705313777099448456
    Last edited by Annihilas; 2023-09-23 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilas View Post
    OMG POSSIBLE REVAMP COMING??? (at least for Lordaeron)

Official WoW Blizzcon Tweet showing an NPC in very Classic styled armor!
    Is this parody?
    Last edited by Hitei; 2023-09-23 at 06:43 AM.

please edit in 2 Z's into that quote... I misspelled Blizzcon as "Blicon" lol grammer ocd...

- - - Updated - - -

No, not a parody...

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It feels off. Otherwordly and space-y.

It has a vibe of another game. But, i fear that is what they are pushing for. To alienate the playerbase even more.

I guess so. There are no old-looking night elves.
    While i think these images are AI. I always find it funny when people think "otherworldy & space-y" isnt part of Warcrafts core identity. Warcraft has been dealing with otherworlds since day one see Draenor and the orcs for the best example. On top of that the Titans are literal planets that have either directly created or indirectly every single player race in WoW. Hell Demons in Warcraft arnt even traditional demons BUT ALIENS

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilas View Post
    please edit in 2 Z's into that quote... I misspelled Blizzcon as "Blicon" lol grammer ocd...

- - - Updated - - -

No, not a parody...
    As Cosmic said, it's just a GoT reference using existing armor assets.

Also I would caution jumping to conclusions based on general Blizzcon stuff. It has mislead people in the past:

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    While i think these images are AI. I always find it funny when people think "otherworldy & space-y" isnt part of Warcrafts core identity. Warcraft has been dealing with otherworlds since day one see Draenor and the orcs for the best example. On top of that the Titans are literal planets that have either directly created or indirectly every single player race in WoW. Hell Demons in Warcraft arnt even traditional demons BUT ALIENS
    Yeah seriously, it's almost as if it's up to the developer's interpretation or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    As Cosmic said, it's just a GoT reference using existing armor assets.

Also I would caution jumping to conclusions based on general Blizzcon stuff. It has mislead people in the past:

Tell me then, why haven't we ever seen that armor set before?
    The WoW arena is unconnected... but the armor is presumably an unseen game asset!

7+ Year Old Account
    Tbf here...those ARE Shadowlands colors lol

- - - Updated - - -

Or was this Pre-BFA?
    Well if it was bre-bfa .... we did got the battle for lordaeron there.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Tbf here...those ARE Shadowlands colors lol

- - - Updated - - -

Or was this Pre-BFA?
    This was the 2017 (BfA announcement) arena stage, but when the opening day of Blizzcon, pictures started going around of it, people took it as confirmation of the Lordaeron-centric revamp leaks that had been circulating.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc0f4b7c4548 View Post
    So Lordaeron...this basically confirms no Azshara :S
    Last edited by Hitei; 2023-09-23 at 06:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even then, that's not implying anything too different. We still got the Battle for Lordaeon.
    Yeah, and initial BFA announcement/marketing was actually very focused on that. From what I remember, the whole thing literally sounded like a straight up faction war expansion, with the old gods/naga hints only coming in sparely during the Alpha, aswell as the Warbringer videos which released shortly before the release.

I'm actually wondering if the faction war part of it was meant to evoke the same hype WoD initially had? Someone for sure thought Aszhara/N'Zoth can't carry the announcement since afaik they weren't mentioned at all. Which is just super weird for me tbh. And the "we wanted to surprise you guys with it" argument is just weak, since we are talking about two of the most hyped up bosses the game had since Cataclysm, aswell as two zones which were usually used as the setting of a whole expansion leak (Nazjatar and RIP Nyalotha). That's a bit like talking about Shadowlands but not talking about Sylvanas and the Jailer (which tbf, they didn't really with Zovaal which was weird as fuck too ...).
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2023-09-23 at 07:21 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE